Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 688931 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#526938 Apr 4, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth to be denied by catliks and lying snake...
"Mithra or Mitra is...worshipped as Itu (Mitra-Mitu-Itu) in every house of the Hindus in India. Itu (derivative of Mitu or Mitra) is considered as the Vegetation-deity. This Mithra or Mitra (Sun-God) is believed to be a Mediator between God and man, between the Sky and the Earth. It is said that Mithra or [the] Sun took birth in the Cave on December 25th. It is also the belief of the Christian world that Mithra or the Sun-God was born of [a] Virgin. He travelled far and wide. He has twelve satellites, which are taken as the Sun's disciples....[The Sun's] great festivals are observed in the Winter Solstice and the Vernal Equinox—Christmas and Easter. His symbol is the Lamb...."
Site your sources, thief.

In this case, your ultimate source is an Indian musicologist, Swami Prajnanananda, who is not a scholar of Christianity, Zoroastrianism, the Mithraic Mysteries, or even antiquity in general.

His book on the subject is published by the charity for which he works, not a serious literary shop.

What a hoot.

It is not taken seriously by actual scholars other than ocassionaly as evidence of the nonsense floating around for consumption by the gulible -- i.e., folks like you.

And while your ultimate source is that musicologist, your cut and paste theft probably came from came from Archarya S., pen name for D.M. Murdock, who holds no relevant degree on the subject:

http://www.truthbeknown.com/mithra.htm

And what do real scholars think of her and her sources? Bart Ehrman, a NT professor at UNC who took his PhD from Princton under Metzger's tutilage, provides an answer, writing specifically of her book, "The Christ Conspiracy: The Greatest Story Ever Sold":
Ehrman wrote:
<quoted text>Mythicists of this ilk should not be surprised that their views are not taken seriously by real scholars, that their books are not reviewed in scholarly journals, mentioned by experts in the field, or even read by them. The book is filled with so many factual errors and outlandish assertions that it is hard to believe that the author is serious. Her "research" appears to have involved a number of nonscholarly books that say the same thing she is about to say and then quoting them.
Ehrman, Bart, Did Jesus Exist? The Historical Argument for Jesus of Nazareth,(New York: HarperOne, 2012), p. 21.

Now get back to me when you have a true scholar or primary source claiming the Roman Mithras of the Mithraic Mysteries "was born of [a] Virgin" "in the Cave" rather than emerging from a rock, as dipicted in countless sculptures and reliefs from the time.

In the meantime, you might want to read true experts on the matter: Koester, Beck, Cumont, Ulansey.

Dummy.

Columbus, OH

#526939 Apr 4, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I don't get angry, takes to much energy. your twisted shyt don't work with me..I don't give a fk what you or who you blame.. fk off!! I am not a liar and don't like being called one. now if you will so kindly go fk yourself...
Seem angry to me, child.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#526940 Apr 4, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
What does this mean to you guys? God has many sons. But Christ was His "ONLY BEGOTTEN SON." What does that mean to you guys?
Many are sons of God but they are NOT begotten sons of God like Christ is.
Thoughts on this anyone?
Tony....

Nice question....

begotten....single of its kind, only

Jesus Christ (begotten son).....single of its kind, only
truth

Claremont, Australia

#526941 Apr 4, 2014
Wall have ear.
Jew confess them-self front of wall.

Why is like that?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#526942 Apr 4, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
What does this mean to you guys? God has many sons. But Christ was His "ONLY BEGOTTEN SON." What does that mean to you guys?
Thoughts on this anyone?
Tony,

We (Christians) are NOT begotten sons of God, only Jesus Christ is!

Although, when we are BAPTIZED into the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ, we then become children of God, as God has many.....

"For you are all children of God by faith <<<in Christ Jesus.>>> For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ."
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#526943 Apr 4, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
Thoughts on this anyone?
Tony,

Going to show you something....

Look at this scripture.....

"<For> you are all children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. <For> as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ."

Look at the word FOR.....

It is used as a preposition and means for the purpose of or in order to be.

We are baptized ~~~for~~~ the purpose of or in order to be God's children.

If a person HAS NOT been baptized, how can they be a child of God???

Is baptism necessary for salvation???

ABSOLUTELY!!!

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#526944 Apr 4, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I know your dishonest.
I proved that the other night.
Dishonesty is for the weak hearted, I assure you.. I am not!

You proved nothing, you believe what you wanna believe. Tell the truth and shame the Devil..

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#526945 Apr 4, 2014
The responsibility for deaths in Fort Hood Texas and the six to eight suicides that is taking place among our soldiers daily.

Is the result of the atheistic administration that has banned Jesus from His role in the United States Armed forces...The Chaplin-es Can't even mention the NAME OF JESUS...IN PRAYER in the presence of the troops...

No such horrific actions took place in World War One, nor in World War two...

Because the soldiers ( in those days )could come to GOD in JESUS NAME, and find FORGIVENESS and HEALING being relieved from the guilt that they felt for being forced to kill...

Now they are forced,(by the administration) to live in a vacuum.

.FORCED.to bear the heavy burden of blood guiltiness with out THE understanding that forgiveness is offered, before God, through the blood of Jesus Christ ...

BECAUSE OF THE DARKNESS OF THE MINDS OF THOSE IN AUTHORITY. our soldiers are being deprived of the giver of life and the light.

.Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Joh 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
Like ··

Location hidden

#526946 Apr 4, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Seem angry to me, child.
Anger as you see it, is not anger to me, beating the shyt outta someone with a chainsaw chain, well, that's Anger! Child!

Columbus, OH

#526947 Apr 4, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Dishonesty is for the weak hearted, I assure you.. I am not!
You proved nothing, you believe what you wanna believe. Tell the truth and shame the Devil..
Indeed, I did:

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TV910R5...

Denying so is a little like your claim about Christians not having a religion.

Columbus, OH

#526948 Apr 4, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Anger as you see it, is not anger to me, beating the shyt outta someone with a chainsaw chain, well, that's Anger! Child!
You're confusing criminality with simple anger.

Maybe that's why you landed in the big house, child.
Liam

Denver, CO

#526949 Apr 4, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Tony,
Going to show you something....
Look at this scripture.....
"<For> you are all children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. <For> as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ."
Look at the word FOR.....
It is used as a preposition and means for the purpose of or in order to be.
We are baptized ~~~for~~~ the purpose of or in order to be God's children.
If a person HAS NOT been baptized, how can they be a child of God???
Is baptism necessary for salvation???
ABSOLUTELY!!!
Baptism is necessary I agree. But you can never rule out the infinite love and mercy of God. The true normal way to salvation is through Baptism. That's what we were taught. You are right for preaching to people this fact, but I would hope you wouldn't use it as a means to condemn all non Baptized to eternal hell.. Because I think that you cross a line into the realm of God - who is NOT bound by the Sacrament of Baptism. In truth, its an insult to the power of God to put a limit on His Mercy. I believe that no one should take the chance to go it alone, without Baptism, but that doesn't mean we as Christians should cast the world to damnation if they don't join us. We cause allot of division by that. An ounce of example is worth a pound of advice. ie, don't beat them over the head with Scripture verses, show them by example what the Scriptures are. I don't always set a good example when I defend the Catholic faith on this forum, but I'd like to think I do in the real world when I meet non Christians or non Catholics who are less ignorant and combative towards my faith.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#526950 Apr 4, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
your right God never gives us more then we can handle,
Why would you WANT to believe that a creator exists that in turn causes suffering and even though it has the power, refuses to end the suffering?

The attitude itself is a sickness.

I prefer to believe that emotional and physical suffering in all forms of animal-life occur not because of intent, but rather because suffering always existed, and as long as life on earth exists ... suffering will always exist.

You are determined to believe that human "souls" will be whisked off to either eternal bliss or eternal hell because a creator can't handle it's own "emotions."

Religion is very silly!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#526951 Apr 4, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
ALL of the Apostolic Traditions have been taught, proclaimed and adhered to in the Catholic Church for over 2000 years. These are the oral teachings of Jesus Christ Himself which were handed on to His Apostles, and the teachings of the Apostles were all dictated to the by the
Holy Spirit----every one of them biblical. The Sacrament of Confession is clearly instituted by Jesus Christ in Matthew 16:13-21 when He confers on His Apostles the power to forgive sins--"whosoever sins you forgive--they will be forgiven".--with the authority to "bind and loosen". This only goes to prove that you continue to have "no idea" as to what you are talking about when it concerns Apostolic Tradition!!!
I suggest that for your own good you stop lying hojo, as lying is not pleasing to your conscience.

You can learn from the mistakes of Mother Teresa, who wanted to die because of her own hypocrisy and stubborn will to keep faith in Catholic dogmas that in turn brought her to an unenviable state of mind where she no longer believed in the existence of a god ... yet forced her conscience against its will to stay on the same indoctrinated path.

Location hidden

#526952 Apr 4, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed, I did:
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TV910R5...
Denying so is a little like your claim about Christians not having a religion.
You're taking it outta context than what was meant.

Christianity IS a RELIGION, in as the Catholics coined it, as being followers of Christ. I don't think Jesus' followers were known as that. Christianity is just another name for Bondage and control by the Anti Christ (RCC) you saying I am dishonest because I don't view it as you do, and I think that's your problem, not mine, if it makes you feel better about yourself, by saying I am dishonest, then so be it.. I am Dishonest. I hope that makes you happy, and I hope you have a good day..
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#526953 Apr 4, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
Anyone here ready to celebrate the PASSOVER? The date for the celebratiion was set according to the instructions as given by God in scripture.
If you don't put faith in the words of other theologians in other religions ... you would be a fool to put faith in the words of your favorite theologians.

Your conscience should be allowed to be your guide ... but it can't BE your guide ... when your pride keeps you on the narrow-minded path of sermonizing.

Location hidden

#526954 Apr 4, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
You're confusing criminality with simple anger.
Maybe that's why you landed in the big house, child.
There go ASSUMING something about me that you don't know, if you read a post from me yesterday, then you would know that that, had nothing to do with me going to prison, Child! Anger is such a harsh word for what yuns deemed anger by my post to dude.. simply not so, But again, if it makes you happy, Yeah, I was angry...
chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#526955 Apr 4, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> You're taking it outta context than what was meant.
Christianity IS a RELIGION, in as the Catholics coined it, as being followers of Christ. I don't think Jesus' followers were known as that. Christianity is just another name for Bondage and control by the Anti Christ (RCC) you saying I am dishonest because I don't view it as you do, and I think that's your problem, not mine, if it makes you feel better about yourself, by saying I am dishonest, then so be it.. I am Dishonest. I hope that makes you happy, and I hope you have a good day..
If you worship Jesus as the Christ, you're a Christian, goofy.

If you're a Christian, you have a religion.

Pretending does not change that.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#526956 Apr 4, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
The pure words in the Bible
How is it that readers of the bible, USED the words in the bible to place over 200 death penalties into law because they decided in their suppose WISDOM that GOD wanted humans that were evil put to death???

And they weren't finished using that book to harm others, as they insisted (as do you) that the majority of "souls" will spend eternity in hell for not believing that Jesus is their savior.

"PURE" you say??? You have SOME nerve to refer to that blood-stained book as PURE!

Sickening self-indulgence on your part!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#526957 Apr 4, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I know your dishonest.
Religion encourages you to all be dishonest to your own consciences.

You follow the words of varying theologians ... and they WANT you to keep fighting for their individual CAUSES.

Without followers most theologians would soon run out of MONEY.

The Catholic hierarchy however owns so many businesses world wide, except for SHOW they don't need followers. Their tourist industry at the Vatican also brings in megabucks.

Religion is BIG business.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Tellthetruth 988,615
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 hr Tellthetruth 37,310
The American Dream is DEAD DEAD DEAD. 1 hr Johnny 18
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr Tony 6,554
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 2 hr Johnny 24
Why doesn't God STOP the world's MADNESS and in... 3 hr Doctor REALITY 10
You are of your father.....the devil 4 hr Doctor REALITY 3
More from around the web