Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650309 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#526802 Apr 3, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Me hand is in the cookie jar for sure.
I amend my remarks to say that you used the word "special" but did not say that man IS "special".
My bad.
Thank you.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#526803 Apr 3, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
JUne if your going to stay on this form , and talk to us about our faith in God (I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT A RELIGIOUS DOCTRINE) I AM TALKING ABOUT FAITH IN GOD, AND HIS RIGHTIOUSNESS,(NOT OUR RIGHTIOUSNESS) BECAUSE THE BILE SAYS THERE IS NONE RIGHTIOUS SAVE GOD HIMSELF.
YOU HAVE TO LEARN WHAT WE TRULY BELIEVE AND ACCEPT AS THE TRUE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST.
YOU KEEP SAYING CHRISTIANS BELIEVE THIS AND THAT, YOU COULDN'T BE FARTHER FROM THE TRUTH, ABOUT WHAT I BELIEVE .
YOUR ALL MIXED UP AND HAVE RAN ONE RELIGION INTO ANOTHER, AND RIGHTFULLY SO BECAUSE THEY ALL DO.
ALOT OF THE RELIGIONS WE CALL CHRISTIAN TODAY HAVE ACTUALLY TAKING RITUALS FROM PAGAN RELIGIONS, AND EVERY TIME THERE WAS A SPLIT THEY TOOK SOME OF THE PASSED RITUALS WITH THEM AND STARTED A NEW RELIGION.
I DO NOT BELIEVE IN RELIGIONS , ANY OF THEM.
FAITH IN THE LIVING GOD IS TOTALLY DIFFERENT , JUNE, GOD HAS NO RELIGIOUS DOCTRINE, HE IS TRUTH .
HE LAID IT OUT CLEAR AND EVERY SIMPLE , HIS TRUTH HASN'T CHANGED AS DO MOST RELIGIOUS.
HEBREWS 11:1 NOW FAITH IS THE ASSURANCE OF THINGS HOPED FOR, THE CONVICTION OF THINGS NOT SEEN.
YOUR RELIGION IS TEACHING PEOPLE TO HOPE IN NOTHING, TRUST NOTHING, OR ANYONE. SAD EMPTY LIFE .
THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE IN HAVING FAITH IN GOD, AND HAVING FAITH IN A RELIGION!!!!!!
YOU CAN HAVE ALL KINDS OF HEAD KNOWLEDGE ABOUT GOD, BUT YOU HAVE TO HAVE HEART KNOWLEDGE .
AMEN could not have said it better.

He did,NOT create,religion or denomination or theology that needs,theologians, priests, or popes,to decipher ...he spoke to regular folks,...of Faith..

Ceremony may sometimes,be uplifting....Jesus,is,Lord , with or without it .

BY GRACE we have,F a I t h in Him..our Salvation

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#526804 Apr 3, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
This con-artist seems to have the "answer" for quite a few gullible believers.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
I watched a program on Primetime OWN.
The man who calls himself the second coming of Jesus told the person interviewing him (verbatim)... "So you tell the millions of followers I have ...’Dat guy's a liar.’ You know what dey gonna say?...‘I prefer his lies.’"
Here he is in person … http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ifEACinhrAYXX
hahahahahaha!! irecknso, hahahaha!!

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#526805 Apr 3, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> HaHa! the older the berry, the sweeter the juice. Older women are better lovers. they might be a little dust on the bottle, but don't let it fool you what's inside..
There is no adequate substitute for real life experience and lots of it, no matter what new ground and train of thought the young "intellectuals" think they are on to. The only thing they are onto is someone else's wave which emerged eons ago from some other human cranium. They just ain't got the real life experience to find that out yet. They still think their brainchildren are unique and ten feet tall and bullet proof.

Prince George, Canada

#526806 Apr 3, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> If there is one, Yeah, irecknso..
They WANT you to believe in a hell.

If you believed all "souls" would go to heaven, there would be no theologians to frighten you with the dogma of hell.

All ancient religions had hells in their dogmas.

You are wise enough to catch on to that PLOY!

Trust that you are whole just as you are. And nothing that anyone preaches at you will come between you and that belief. I guarantee that is true.

I've been called every name in the book on these threads by those who perceive their selves as HOLY.

They make a mockery of that word.

They want you to feel bad about your self so that you will them and their cults to make you feel accepted.

BALDERDASH.

You are whole and just fine ... without them and their mind-bending hypnotic dogmas.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#526807 Apr 3, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
AMEN could not have said it better.
He did,NOT create,religion or denomination or theology that needs,theologians, priests, or popes,to decipher ...he spoke to regular folks,...of Faith..
Ceremony may sometimes,be uplifting....Jesus,is,Lord , with or without it .
Umm, He founded the Catholic Church. You're right though, Catholicism isn't a "religion" or denomination.

Prince George, Canada

#526808 Apr 3, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no adequate substitute for real life experience and lots of it, no matter what new ground and train of thought the young "intellectuals" think they are on to. The only thing they are onto is someone else's wave which emerged eons ago from some other human cranium. They just ain't got the real life experience to find that out yet. They still think their brainchildren are unique and ten feet tall and bullet proof.
Well put.

Location hidden

#526809 Apr 3, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Common sense suggests without question that within the buffoonery of religion ... had Jesus lived, he would have aimed at making better Jews for his Jewish religion. He would NOT have gone whoring after other theologies totally at odds with Judaism that he in turn studied and mastered his whole life.
If ^that^ tripe is true, then your transition into "atheism" after studying Christianity all your life, is showing a lack of common sense.
It cracks me up when you keep doing that June.

Prince George, Canada

#526810 Apr 3, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
You would NOT have faith in that word Jesus if you thought it meant "he" had stayed faithful to Judaism, and YOU KNOW IT.

You are lying to your self ... and that is NOT good for your conscience, as it holds your conscience in bondage to the lie.

If you leave religion, you will set your conscience free.

Prince George, Canada

#526811 Apr 3, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
If ^that^ tripe is true, then your transition into "atheism" after studying Christianity all your life, is showing a lack of common sense.
It cracks me up when you keep doing that June.
You have just reverted back into stupidity, as has been your bad habit.

What you just stated doesn't even make sense.

Prince George, Canada

#526812 Apr 3, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm, He founded the Catholic Church. You're right though, Catholicism isn't a "religion" or denomination.
You just lied again to your own conscience.

Had Jesus lived, he would not have whored with either Catholics or Protestants. He would have been a faithful Jew to Judaism ONLY.

You know that ... but you have been taught that Jesus followed SAINT John the Catholic into the river Jordan to be baptized into Catholicism.

Bunkology.

That is equivalent to stating that the pope left Catholicism to be baptized into Protestantism.

How hilarious is THAT picture in your clogged up brain???
Michael

Canada

#526813 Apr 3, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible teaches that Sacred Scripture is the Word of God, but it also teaches that the Apostolic tradition is Gods Word as well. 2 Thess 2:15 teaches that
We are to obey the Tradition, whether be by word of mouth (the unwritten) or by the letter ( the written). This tradition is different than the traditions of men that Jesus condemned. We must obey Apostolic tradition ( which is exactly what the Catholic Church has taught for over 2000 years) and reject human tradition that void Gods Word. The Apostolic tradition is the oral teaching of Jesus Christ that He handed on to His Apostles and these teachings of the Apostles that was revealed and dictated to them by the Holy Spirit ( 2000 years ago). The Apostle Paul clearly and concisely to follow the oral traditions of the teaching of the Church as well as following the written Word (again) in 2 Thess 2:15. However we, as Catholics all know that you won't even take time to investigate and research the TRUTH of these Apostolic Traditions that the Catholic Church has Held Sacred for over 2000 years, because you bible only "fundamentalists" have chosen to live in a world of " private-judgement Christiaity where each one of your 42,200 contradicting "personal opinions" are the "final authority"
...,I am sure millions of little Muslim children love Allah as much as you claim you love Jesus, and I am sure they would claim YOUR belief is bogus.

,..You haven't converted one person on this forum for all the Jesus love you offer. Time wasted.

Location hidden

#526814 Apr 3, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
This con-artist seems to have the "answer" for quite a few gullible believers.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
I watched a program on Primetime OWN.
The man who calls himself the second coming of Jesus told the person interviewing him (verbatim)... "So you tell the millions of followers I have ...’Dat guy's a liar.’ You know what dey gonna say?...‘I prefer his lies.’"
Here he is in person … http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ifEACinhrAYXX
Looks more like Jim Jones reincarnate.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#526815 Apr 3, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
My mother took me to church when I was a child. As an adult I went to a few different churches, not because I believed what they taught, but rather because I wanted to find out what they taught so I could question the dogmas.
My father was raised Catholic, broke away from Catholicism, to later join the equally nutty men of the Rosicrucian Order that promised him knowledge for his hard-earned money.
Shysters ... one and all.
At 70 years of age, about 41/2 years back, I said goodbye to religion and for the first time in my life, left confusion behind, and found my own peace within.
And I have never regretted my decision.
I spend hours a day on the forum giving others my experience with religion, so that they also (if and when the time is right) want to leave the confusion behind ... I make it plain that it is as possible for them, as it was for me.
Wow! so you have waited almost till the end and said fk it! haha! irecknso..
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#526816 Apr 3, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You just lied again to your own conscience.
Had Jesus lived, he would not have whored with either Catholics or Protestants. He would have been a faithful Jew to Judaism ONLY.
You know that ... but you have been taught that Jesus followed SAINT John the Catholic into the river Jordan to be baptized into Catholicism.
Bunkology.
That is equivalent to stating that the pope left Catholicism to be baptized into Protestantism.
How hilarious is THAT picture in your clogged up brain???
He founded the Church. By the time the last pages of the NT was being written the Church He founded was calling herself "Catholic" as in universal.. By this time the universal Church was looking to Rome, where Sts. Peter and Paul had preached and been martyred, as the source of unity, orthodox doctrine and authority.

That's history June, deny it if you want, it's just makes you look like another under-educated protestant kook.

Location hidden

#526817 Apr 3, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You have just reverted back into stupidity, as has been your bad habit.
What you just stated doesn't even make sense.
Really?
You keep saying that it is common sense, and it is without question, that a Jew would remain a Jew after studying it, and not go astray with some other philosophy. If that is true, then it stands to reason that you too would remain a Christian after studying Christianity.
On one hand you say it is common sense but yet your own life experience says otherwise. You defeat your own "common sense" argument.

Location hidden

#526818 Apr 3, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You know that
???
Horseshit is still horseshit June.
That is pure conjecture on your part but yet you are selling it as gospel.
Shame on you.

Prince George, Canada

#526819 Apr 3, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks more like Jim Jones reincarnate.
Jim Jones did not teach that there was no hell, no sin, or no devil.

This new NICE-"Jesus" teaches the opposite of what Jim taught and all the old-time Christian preachers taught.

The old time preachers believed and preached that Jesus ordained everything they ordained, whether it was war, putting homosexuals to death, putting Jews to death ... you name it ... they preached it as TRUTH right from the "mouth" of Jesus.

Shysters ... one and all!!!

Prince George, Canada

#526820 Apr 3, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Horseshit is still horseshit June.
That is pure conjecture on your part but yet you are selling it as gospel.
Shame on you.
So you believe that Jesus (had he lived) left Judaism behind as a fake religion and in turn wanted the Jews slayed ... HUH???

You choose to be an idiot!

Prince George, Canada

#526821 Apr 3, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
You keep saying that it is common sense, and it is without question, that a Jew would remain a Jew after studying it, and not go astray with some other philosophy. If that is true, then it stands to reason that you too would remain a Christian after studying Christianity.
On one hand you say it is common sense but yet your own life experience says otherwise. You defeat your own "common sense" argument.
I suggest that a savior would never come to earth in either Judaism or Christianity ... as he/she would know that no matter which religion he/she promoted it would cause division and wars.

You have learned nothing from the Catholics and Protestants who both preached from the same bible that Jesus supported their dogmas ... while they killed each other as heretics ... in the name of Jesus who they in turn preached came to earth to teach the meaning of LOVE.

If you don' t learn ... you choose to stay stupefied and completely arrogant.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Need Gay under 16 Facetime numbers ;) (Feb '14) 7 min Dave 9
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min another viewer 971,780
SEALS vs. "Green Berets"...who would win? (Jan '08) 10 min MADMAN1369 163
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 15 min DebraE 106,065
News Asian Newspaper Under Fire for 'I Hate Blacks' ... (Feb '07) 40 min dave 87
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 52 min Xcentric in Vidor 445,915
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr WasteWater 2,328
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr ATHEOI 56,031
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 17 hr akon mason 70
More from around the web