Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,501
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#526408 Apr 2, 2014
LTM wrote:
"Who was the first Jew?"
Words were continually morphed to suit the mentalities of the theologians.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Jew (word)

It thus ultimately originates in the Biblical Hebrew word Yehudi meaning "from the Tribe of Judah", "from the Kingdom of Judah, or "Jew".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jew_ (word)

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#526409 Apr 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I don't believe that Jesus ever existed, so it's no skin off my nose if they vilify that image ... OR praise it.
I believe all religion is mythical Bunk.
teresting.
If any of ^that^ crap is true June, then one is left to wonder why it is that you act as if it takes some skin off your nose when someone here does praise "it" and then you proceed to vilify that poster, bash their beliefs, call them names, and conclude with your classic move.
"BUNKOLOGY" .

Prince George, Canada

#526410 Apr 2, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
What are these neo-fundies trying to say?
Should the "intelligent design" be taught in school science classes?
I suggest that if the theory of evolution were given equal time in the classes, it would be fair, as then the children could decide on their own which makes more sense to THEM.

Religion dictates that it is based on truth. Science relies on the word "theory."

It's not fair to brain-wash children and bully them into specific religious beliefs.

Not fair at all!

Children grow into adults, and when they find out that religion didn't give them choice to think on their own ... many will hopefully say ... "NO MORE!!! I want to choose my own belief."

Prince George, Canada

#526411 Apr 2, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
I am inclined to agree with you. There are many who need others to think for them and direct them in what to do, say though ... apparently.
Do you believe that you would make a qualified "director???"

Maybe you could check with your "contacts" and see what THEY think about your "readiness."

:)

Location hidden

#526412 Apr 2, 2014
<quoted text>
You made a mistake about the "floating ark." Get over it.
As for the rest, you seem to be the only "deep thinker" here. So deep in fact, that most posts fly right over your head. I get it. Your name-calling speaks volumes about your depth.
Good luck and may the Force be with you.
Ramen
What?
Mr. Delusion is not your name sir?
Damnation !!!

Prince George, Canada

#526414 Apr 2, 2014
LTM wrote:
"What is the difference between Christianity and Judaism?"
Study it and you will see that as soon as possible the Catholics changed the day of worship from Saturday to Sunday.

They removed the title ADONAI from the god of the Jews ... POST HASTE!

Their AIM was to take the Judaism out of Catholicism, and make it OVER as a new religion.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

L. Michael White: Professor of Classics and Director of the Religious Studies Program University of Texas at Austin

At what point did Christians start thinking of themselves as separate from Judaism?

The preacher of Antioch and later of Constantinople, John Chrysostom, complains in a series of eight sermons to his congregation, that "you must stop going to the Synagogue, you must not think that the Synagogue is a holier place than our churches are." This clearly indicates that the break between Judaism and Christianity, even as late as the 4th century ... still is not absolute, is not permanent.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows ...

Location hidden

#526415 Apr 2, 2014
<quoted text>
Yes. I'm a big fan of Einstein. I am familiar with the first NASA tests of that theory.
If so, I'm surprised, because you will have then contradicted yourself, again.
But getting back to your "current reality here," do you accept the theory of evolution?
The only thing that shows a contradiction is in your rewrites and your misplaced stereotypical assumptions of what I actually said.

Please, by all means Mr. Delusion(s), show me the contradiction.

Location hidden

#526416 Apr 2, 2014
<quoted text>
But getting back to your "current reality here," do you accept the theory of evolution?
Whose version of it are you referring to?

Prince George, Canada

#526417 Apr 2, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
There it is again June. You're blaming all the suffering on a "God" which you say does not exist and ignoring man's role in that suffering ... both in the cause and the elimination thereof.
I don't believe that a creator exists to allow suffering, much less ordain suffering.

That is different that "blaming" a creator.

Prince George, Canada

#526418 Apr 2, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Simple question for you June.
Is man a part of nature?
or
Is man apart from nature?
Humans are animals, so yes we are part of nature. And I suggest that we are not special over other forms of life in any way whatsoever.

Prince George, Canada

#526419 Apr 2, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Still do not know what a gnostic is I see June.
I know what my version of a gnostic is, but since you won't share your version, I guess I will never know.

Prince George, Canada

#526420 Apr 2, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Horsepucky June.
Christians that I know question that all the time.
You are simply incorrect on that.
If they questioned what created the god that created the universe, they would understand that a god could not come out of nothing.

Men created gods in their own imaged.

Other animals existed long before humans and they didn't create gods in their images.

TINK about it!

Prince George, Canada

#526421 Apr 2, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW June, you are also incorrect in your assessment that they (people of all religious persuasions) say "there was nothing" dear, they ALL say something to the effect of "In the beginning, there was _________." (fill in the blank with whatever "God" origin applies)
In the beginning ... what created a god to in turn create the universe???

It makes no sense.

Location hidden

#526422 Apr 2, 2014
<quoted text>
Nope???
Fanaticism a human trait. How else do you think of it?
Are you saying that all human traits and emotions are equally dangerous to humanity?
Is all religion equally dangerous?
You are so profound, it's difficult to understand your "wisdom."
Try being more specific. Exactly what are you trying to say?
Is this an argument for "intelligent design?" Who knows? You won't say.
:o)
Yes fanaticism is a human trait, but I also see it to certain degrees in other species.
Fanaticism takes on as many forms as there are people. If one is fanatical about individual freedom for all, then is that a bad thing?
If one is a fanatic about curing cancer, is that a bad thing and an enemy of humanity?
Of course not.
That being said, the other poster's claim that fanaticism is the enemy of humanity is incorrect.

Look at this entire thread and it's subject matter and some of the vile things that fly back and forth here.
Now, is not the entire mantra of say, you and June one which decries how many people down throughout history have been slaughtered in the name of religion? Do you two not say that it is going to be the downfall of man?
Is not the whole world at each others throats right now?
Are we involved in a multi-front war right now?
Does mankind not possess weapons which are capable of destroying the entire populations of not only man, but all the other animals as well?
Nope is correct.
Humanity itself is the biggest enemy of humanity ... currently.

Prince George, Canada

#526423 Apr 2, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> We are not talking about the other "saviors" ..
When "scholars" start including that other saviors were and are as real as is Jesus ... then they will be fair to those in all other religions.

But to center ONLY on one savior as being real, and ignoring the others ... that is naughty "scholar-shipping" and not balanced study.

Prince George, Canada

#526424 Apr 2, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Well gee June, who would have thought that?
<rolls eyes>
The point was about "fanaticism" dear. There are fanatics in ALL walks of life.
You, my dear, are a fanatic with your own axe to grind.
<smile>
Of course Atheists and Agnostics can be fanatic, but you won't catch them burning others at the stake in the belief that a god ordained the killing.

And you won't catch them preaching that Jesus wants homosexuals stoned to death.

And you won't catch them preaching that "God" wants over two hundred different death penalties put into law because the god is offended by human behavior .... et cetera, et cetera, et cetera..........

That was my point.

Prince George, Canada

#526425 Apr 2, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I agree with you, but according to Jesus, No one comes to the father, except through me..
You missed my point entirely.

If you had been raised as a Muslim, you would not think as a Christian.

June VanDerMark wrote:

<quoted text>
If we were on a Muslim forum ... the discussion would be based around the truth of Islam and how the 12th Imam (the Mahdi) is expected soon to take the HOLY Muslims to PARADISE.
If you stand outside of the religious circles, you will clearly see that they all defend their own closed-in circles as being based on truth.
There is something very disconnected concerning that picture.
marge

Ames, IA

#526426 Apr 2, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I said Islam borrowed from Christianity and Judaism, while incorporating the personal thoughts of Muhammad. He was a false prophet. Most Muslims aren't fanatics at all. Most Christians aren't either.
Muhammad believed he had the 'word of God'. So do you, Confrint, Joseph Smith, Ox, David Koresh....
The only difference is Muhammad and Joseph Smith had the guts to write their own Bible while others just take someone else's; apply their own unguided interpretations and call it the " Word of God ". Its crazy.. you've completely unraveled the Eucharist (and go as far to mock it), Baptism, Sacraments, Priesthood, the complete canon of scripture, everything! Yet u still say you have the word of God? You're just another Muhammad. You've essentially wrote your own Bible using our words.. Take note Rose, Marge.... don't follow these men.
…4Who has ascended into heaven and descended? Who has gathered the wind in His fists? Who has wrapped the waters in His garment? Who has established all the ends of the earth? What is His name or His son's name? Surely you know! 5Every word of God is tested; He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him. 6Do not add to His words Or He will reprove you, and you will be proved a liar.…

Location hidden

#526427 Apr 2, 2014
Should science be seeking the truth? The scientific method should be changed.
Ramen
Is science seeking the truth?
In all areas?
What compels science, or rather, more accurately perhaps, a scientist to engage the scientific method for proof of any theory?

What about the scientific method would you change?

Location hidden

#526428 Apr 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that you would make a qualified "director???"
Maybe you could check with your "contacts" and see what THEY think about your "readiness."
Nope. I gave up my position as self appointed dictator of the world long ago.
My "contacts" see through a variety of eyes from a variety of walks in life.
That "connections" line really tripped you up huh June.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 min Epiphany2 605,010
SARIYER " GENERAL ELECTRIC Servis " 299 I5 34 ... 3 min gnelectric 1
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 5 min Johnny 1,014
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 min WildWeirdWillie 175,632
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min pusherman_ 775,289
Tarabya ( GENERAL ELECTRIC SERVIS ) 299 I5 34 ... 6 min gnelectric 1
General Electric ) SERVIS YENIKÖY 299 I5 34 Gen... 13 min gnelectric 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr who 265,147
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 3 hr royal kannadiga 1,269
More from around the web