Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
508,141 - 508,160 of 532,614 Comments Last updated 32 min ago
Gods R Delusions x Mine

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell, I don't have the foggiest idea of how it all started. Neither do you or any other mere human that I have ever heard of. I avoid worrying about it too.
It is irrelevant to the current reality here
For all I know it was a combination of every theory that has ever been proposed on the matter.
Since time has been proven to be other than a one way linear straight timeline of constant and consistent "units" of measuring time, as was long thought, then there may well have never been a "beginning" and will not have an "end" either.
Do you accept that Einstein and others proved that time units of measure (minutes, hours, etc.) do not remain consistent in their lengths when traveling at incredible speeds in space?
Yes. I'm a big fan of Einstein. I am familiar with the first NASA tests of that theory.

If so, I'm surprised, because you will have then contradicted yourself, again.

But getting back to your "current reality here," do you accept the theory of evolution?

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You are partly right. Jesus was real. During His ministry and after His death He was followed by Jews. Not Roman Catholics
You have the theology backwards. The Jews faithful to Judaism never would have followed the mythical Jesus into any of the Gnostic Christian ways of believing.

Common-sense theology should tell you that the Jews would only follow Jesus if he taught Judaism as being based on truth. And that means had Jesus been real, he would not approve of any of the Christian Gnostic sects whatsoever. He would have trained all his life to teach Judaism ONLY and that would have been his "calling."

Your calling is not of Judaism, so in your flamboyant prayers, I suggest you have nothing to offer Jesus ... even if he did live.

Bunkology

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
So how do you feel about stop signs and traffic lights?
I feel that if I don't obey them, I'll be asking for trouble.

On the other hand I don't believe in a creator, so I don't feel a need to obey the words of any theological blather.

If I do my best to be as considerate as possible to others ... I suggest that will please my own conscience, and my own conscience is the only one I can at least "try" to master.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you also willing to believe that all the other savior sons of gods in other earlier religions were and are real?
Seeing how no other Jesus or God is talked about more than the ones in the Christian Bible, your question is kinda ridiculous. Only a fool says in his heart, there is no God. The Oral tradition of the Hebrew God goes back much much further than when it was written down June, the Bible wasn't written until the babylonians captured them. there were at least 4 different scribes to the OT. each from an earlier part of history.(J, E, Y, P, Not sure bout the y) that's why there are some contradictions in there. same meaning, just different perspectives. when they compiled the Bible during their Exile, all text were added (OT) Have you ever saw that tiny silver scroll that was found? it is considered the oldest Historical Evidence. they (Archeology) can only go so far back, but the Oral tradition of the Hebrew God is much older than what is written, so, who's to say Jesus is based on any other God? Abraham came right out of that culture in Sumera and knew all about their Gods, when he was told to leave by the one God, that set him apart from all other Gods, thus rending him (One God) around from the beginning, thus meaning Jesus isn't based on any other risen or worshiped God.. that is my opinion..

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Better to be divided by truth than united in error.
If absolute truth exists it should not divide believers. It should unite believers.

This screaming at each other "I'm right and you are wrong" is child's play, and if you don't stop it ... WHO WILL???

If we all admit that we cant' read the future ... then there will be no arguments.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Judged:

Good Morning to all my dear loving friends!!! Hope you all have a beautiful Spring day today...How about a.Group Hug!!! lol
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
This is just more of your hostile and vindictive anti-Catholic " distorting of the Truth"! You continue to dig up liberal poll sources like Pew research and Cara that have used "selective manipulative (telephone polling) of non-practicing Catholics between a " certain specific age" or those whom seldom (if ever attend Mass. To begin with, my brother-in -law is a Catholic Bishop and I know ( for a fact) this (phony) claim of " millions of dollars on luxury houses for Bishops" is an outright. Manipulatiive LIE by you and your "so-called news sources!!!! Go find another " hobby" Michael!!!!! Your " tinker toy" construction of anti-catholic "building blocks" is falling apart--just like your credibility!!!!!
...I use to feel sorry for you.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry.
There are many misguided and wrongly educated well meaning protestants here.
Just because they have it wrong doesn't mean we shouldn't love them as strayed cousins.
Dominus vobiscum
How deceptive to believe that the Catholics were guided by truth and the Protestants were misguided.

I suggest both groups were lead astray by cunning theologians.

Pope Leo X, and Martin Luther thought of each other as the anti-Christ ... while they used the exact same bible to insinuate that Jesus supported both sides of their WARS.

If you don't get off the religious RIDE you will keep the fight going ... NOWHERE but to more fighting ... huffing and puffing as you go.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
Humanity's enemy is, more often than not, humanity itself.
Nope???

Fanaticism a human trait. How else do you think of it?

Are you saying that all human traits and emotions are equally dangerous to humanity?

Is all religion equally dangerous?

You are so profound, it's difficult to understand your "wisdom."

Try being more specific. Exactly what are you trying to say?

Is this an argument for "intelligent design?" Who knows? You won't say.

:o)

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
"Slay them wherever you find them...Idolatry is worse than carnage...Fight against them until idolatry is no more and God's religion reigns supreme." (Surah 2:190-)
The golden tongued church father John Chrysostom encouraged Catholics to believe that Jesus wanted the Jews to be SLAYED.

Islam learned it's violence from Catholicism.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...You must ask yourself, what is the purpose of a beginning? Beyond the universe there has to be something else.
... Why would there be a God? What would a Gods main purpose be? If Christians claim God created heaven and earth, where did God reside before he created heaven?.......its a never ending conundrum.
This line > "Beyond the universe there has to be something else." cracks me up.

Since "universe" literally means the entirety of all that exists ...

And

Before I get to this > "what is the purpose of a beginning?" question, I would ask: IS there a beginning?

What do you think the "purpose" of a beginning would be?
LTM

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Judged:

"Who was the first Jew?"

Answer: Part of the difficulty with this question is the fact that the word Jew does not occur in the Bible until 2 Kings 16:6 (KJV) and 2 Kings 25:25 in most other Bible translations. In those instances, the Hebrew word would likely be better translated “men of Judah.” The word Jew is much more commonplace in the books of Ezra, Nehemiah, and Esther. The usage of the word Jew in those books helps explain the origin of the word and why it was used.

The answer to the question “Who was the first Jew?” depends on what exactly is meant by the word Jew. Originally, God’s chosen people were known as the Hebrews. Later, after they settled in the Promised Land and formed a nation, they were known as the Israelites. The term “Jew” did not come into use until after the ten northern tribes were exiled to Assyria and Judah was exiled to Babylon. In the later stages of the captivity (Esther) and in the early stages of the return to the land of Israel (Ezra and Nehemiah), the tribe of Judah was dominant. The word Jew developed as a shortening of the word Judah. But the word Jew was used as a descriptor for more than just the tribe of Judah. The dominance of the tribe of Judah in the return to the Promised Land resulted in all of the Israelites, people from all 12 of the tribes, being referred to as “Jews.”

So, who was the first Jew? If by “Jew” we mean “Hebrew,” Abraham was the first Jew. If by “Jew” we mean “of the tribe of Judah,” Judah was the first Jew. If by “Jew” we mean “the first person in the Bible to be referred to as a Jew,” the nameless Jews in 2 Kings chapters 16—25 were the first Jews. Generally speaking, people today use the term Jew to refer to “a person who is of the chosen people of Israel.” With that in mind, Abraham should be considered the first Jew.

www.gotquestions.org/first-Jew .
Gods R Delusions x Mine

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

What are these neo-fundies trying to say?

Should the "intelligent design" be taught in school science classes?

I wish so. Mine is the only true God and my God would get equal time.

Sadly, not long ago, the State of Kansas ruled against my one true God being taught in science class.

No one can prove my God doesn't exist! I just don't get it.

Should science be seeking the truth? The scientific method should be changed.

Ramen

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I personally don't think man needs "organized Religion" at all..
I am inclined to agree with you. There are many who need others to think for them and direct them in what to do, say though ... apparently.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Correction:

Should the "intelligent design" THEORY be taught in school science classes?

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact is that the Protestant reformation has done "nothing" by divide the Body of Believers in the Body of Christ into thousands and thousands of "half-truth, half heresy denominations that are ALL based upon "what each persons believes for themselves" to be true!! This kind of distorted and twisted thinking is nothing but politicized liberalism that has corrupted our society in which "relative truth" ( what each person decides is truth) regarding abortion, homosexuali marriage, euthenasia, embryonic stem cell research , gay ministers and on and on whichever way the next political wind happens to blow has crept in polluted bible only "self interpreting Protestantism!!!!------This editorialized "fundie" nonsense is an abomination to the TRUE Word of a God and to the TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ!----There is ONLY one TRUTH and that Truth has existed for over 2000 years and is in the TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ (in and through Our Lords One True Apostolic Catholic Church---a Moral and Spiritual TRUTH that has not changed by "what each person thinks".... God never was, nor ever will be the author of bible only (relative truth) contradiction, chaos and confusion!!!!
More huffing and puffing from the devout Catholic who wants to believe that a Jewish rabbi converted "willingly" to Catholicism.

Your conscience knows better, but you keep shoving it out of your desired picture of "eternal bliss."

Mental JUNK!
LTM

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Judged:

"What is the difference between Christianity and Judaism?"

Answer: Of the major world religions, Christianity and Judaism are likely the most similar. Christianity and Judaism both believe in one God who is almighty, omniscient, omnipresent, eternal, and infinite. Both religions believe in a God who is holy, righteous, and just, while at the same time loving, forgiving, and merciful. Christianity and Judaism share the Hebrew Scriptures (the Old Testament) as the authoritative Word of God, although Christianity includes the New Testament as well. Both Christianity and Judaism believe in the existence of heaven, the eternal dwelling place of the righteous, and hell, the eternal dwelling place of the wicked (although not all Christians and not all Jews believe in the eternality of hell). Christianity and Judaism have basically the same ethical code, commonly known today as Judeo-Christian. Both Judaism and Christianity teach that God has a special plan for the nation of Israel and the Jewish people.

The all-important difference between Christianity and Judaism is the Person of Jesus Christ. Christianity teaches that Jesus Christ is the fulfillment of the Old Testament prophecies of a coming Messiah / Savior (Isaiah 7:14; 9:6-7; Micah 5:2). Judaism often recognizes Jesus as a good teacher, and perhaps even a prophet of God. Judaism does not believe that Jesus was the Messiah. Taking it a step further, Christianity teaches that Jesus was God in the flesh (John 1:1,14; Hebrews 1:8). Christianity teaches that God became a human being in the Person of Jesus Christ so He could lay down His life to pay the price for our sins (Romans 5:8; 2 Corinthians 5:21). Judaism strongly denies that Jesus was God or that such a sacrifice was necessary.

Jesus Christ is the all-important distinction between Christianity and Judaism. The Person and work of Jesus Christ is the one primary issue that Christianity and Judaism cannot agree upon. In Matthew 15:24, Jesus declared, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.” The religious leaders of Israel in Jesus' time asked Him,“Are you the Christ, the Son of the Blessed One?” Jesus replied,'I am,'... And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven" (Mark 14:61-62). But they didn’t believe His words or accept Him as the Messiah.

cont
LTM

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Judged:

cont
Jesus Christ is the fulfillment of the Hebrew prophecies of a coming Messiah. Psalm 22:14-18 describes an event undeniably similar to Jesus' crucifixion, "I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint. My heart has turned to wax; it has melted away within me. My strength is dried up like a potsherd, and my tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth; you lay me in the dust of death. Dogs have surrounded me; a band of evil men has encircled me, they have pierced my hands and my feet. I can count all my bones; people stare and gloat over me. They divide my garments among them and cast lots for my clothing." Clearly this messianic prophecy can be none other than Jesus Christ whose crucifixion fulfilled each of these details (Luke 23; John 19).

There is no more accurate description of Jesus than Isaiah 53:3-6, "He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering. Like one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, yet we considered him stricken by God, smitten by him, and afflicted. But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed. We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all."

The Apostle Paul, a Jew and a strict adherent of Judaism, encountered Jesus Christ in a vision (Acts 9:1-9) and proceeded to become the greatest witness for Christ and the author of almost half of the New Testament. Paul understood the difference between Christianity and Judaism more than anyone else. What was Paul's message? "I am not ashamed of the gospel (of Jesus Christ), because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile" (Romans 1:16).

www.gotquestions.org/

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
If I knew that - I would be famous.
:o)
The origin of life - for anywhere - is still quite the mystery, huh?
"If I knew that - I would be famous."
Not if you kept your mouth shut eh.

I am more concerned with what life is, as verses when it started. Aside from the "life at conception" issue that is.
LTM

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Judged:

"Why do people reject Jesus as their Savior?"

Answer: The decision to accept or reject Jesus as Savior is the ultimate life decision. Why do many people choose to reject Jesus as Savior? There are perhaps as many different reasons for rejecting Christ as there are people who reject Him, but the following four reasons can serve as general categories:

1) Some people do not think they need a savior. These people consider themselves to be “basically good” and do not realize that they, like all people, are sinners who cannot come to God on their own terms. But Jesus said,“I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me”(John 14:6). Those who reject Christ will not be able to stand before God and successfully plead their own case on their own merits.

2) The fear of social rejection or persecution deters some people from receiving Christ as Savior. The unbelievers in John 12:42-43 would not confess Christ because they were more concerned with their status among their peers than doing God’s will. These were the Pharisees whose love of position and the esteem of others blinded them,“for they loved the approval of men rather than the approval of God.”

3) For some people, the things that the present world has to offer are more appealing than eternal things. We read the story of such a man in Matthew 19:16-23. This man was not willing to lose his earthly possessions in order to gain an eternal relationship with Jesus (see also 2 Corinthians 4:16-18).

4) Many people are simply resisting the Holy Spirit’s attempts to draw them to faith in Christ. Stephen, a leader in the early church, told those who were about to murder him,“You stiff-necked people, with uncircumcised hearts and ears! You are just like your fathers: You always resist the Holy Spirit!”(Acts 7:51). The apostle Paul made a similar statement to a group of gospel rejecters in Acts 28:23-27.

Whatever the reasons why people reject Jesus Christ, their rejection has disastrous eternal consequences.“There is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved” than the name of Jesus (Acts 4:12), and those who reject Him, for whatever reason, face an eternity in the “outer darkness” of hell where there will be “weeping and gnashing of teeth”(Matthew 25:30).

www.gotquestions.org/reject-Jesus .

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

465 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Nine Eleven 2 min passing gas 5
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min I LOVE TORTURING ATHEISTS 720,582
King of the hill! (game) (Feb '12) 5 min andet1987 1,239
Last Word + 2 10 min Richies Cool Man Diary 34
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 12 min eyeful 172,327
Buy A-PVP Research Chemicals online, Bath Salts... (Apr '13) 12 min Karter 3
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 12 min Elected by Grace 38,443
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 25 min Dr_Zorderz 256,446
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 1 hr Larry 122
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 10 hr Helga 72
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••