Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Jul 10, 2007 Read more: CBC News 582,685
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Read more

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#526276 Apr 1, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe in creation. I believe it's quite possible the universe always existed. But that is only a guess on my part. I really don't know the answers.
If I knew the answers I would have tangible proof ... not in words plucked from a book, but REAL proof that can't BE disputed as being based on a lie.
Fair enough, and finally an honest answer.
Thanks.

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#526277 Apr 1, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
In what way is squat pot different than marijuana?
The absence of THC in hemp.

But you as a so-called "Christian" wouldn't understand these things, because you seem to still be living under a rock.

:o)

Location hidden

#526278 Apr 1, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Aquarius claims to have "contacts." I could have misunderstood. Maybe what was meant was contacts rather than glasses for the eyes.
:)
LMAO
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#526279 Apr 1, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not!.........You deny "everything else" that is proven to be historically and biblically True from over 2000 years of Jesus Christs One True Universal Catholic Church ..........Why get off your bible only fictitious opinions NOW when you can continue to play your bible verses misquoting and mis-interpreting of Sacred Scripture which has become the entire basis of your man- made religious beliefs !!!!!
(lol)

Location hidden

#526280 Apr 1, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>

You should be angry at those such as your Catholic popes that ordained the burning of innocent humans at the stake ... but you are complacent and void of feelings on the issue one way or the other.
Are you serious? Really?
Have and hold anger against folks that have been dead for centuries? Really?
That's fruitcake territory June.
What current purpose would that serve for crying out loud?

Albuquerque, NM

#526281 Apr 1, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> that doesn't make sense but if you add that they wanted to continus their practice of pagan worship, then in the name of Christ, they could confuse and deceive the people, while at the same time carrying on their worship of the anti christ. they had brut force and would have had no need to lie about Jesus, they done it for one purpose only.. do you know the history of Christ Mass? if not, you should check it out..any true follower of Christ or He himself, would have had nothing to do with religion and the bondage of man..the "Liberal Christian" does know the first thing about being a true follower of Christ. I have talked with to many of them, the new age spiritual BS, that one guy talks about is BS and he is only trying to do for himself..He is another wanna be! very few people, that I have met, are true followers of Christ. the RCC and other religious sects, aren't in that category to me.. Lie to start a new religion no, Lie to cover up the truth to push your own agenda, yes!
"I have talked with to many of them, the new age spiritual BS, that one guy talks about is BS and he is only trying to do for himself..He is another wanna be! very few people, that I have met, are true followers of Christ. the RCC and other religious sects, aren't in that category to me.. Lie to start a new religion no, Lie to cover up the truth to push your own agenda, yes! "

- and you are yet to post anything to show that what I have posted is "BS".

As far as I am concerned, you have very little to go on to make that statement at all.

Let's begin with some easy questions for you to answer using honesty:

Who wrote the Bible?

Where does "God" specifically state which books are "of His inspiration" and which are not?

Why does Christianity use more of what "Paul" taught, than they do of Jesus?

Why does Christiantiy use only less than six of the original Apostles?

Honesty pusherman.....honesty....let's see how much you have and use.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#526282 Apr 1, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
There is more evidence to an ET seeding Earth than there is that a god created us.
....because it makes common sense.

Location hidden

#526283 Apr 1, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the type that would never show your anger, because you believe anger is beneath you.
You should be angry at those such as your Catholic popes that ordained the burning of innocent humans at the stake ... but you are complacent and void of feelings on the issue one way or the other.
"HO HUM" is your attitude. "God will save the Catholic saints that burned the Jews at the stake, because they believed Jesus was and is their savior."
The so-called Catholic saints such as John Chrysostom were murderers, plain and simple.
Yet you YAWN and sleep in the idea that they and of course YOU, will be saved.
You are not honest with you, much less with others.
Seems to me that anger would be much better served if it were directed at the perpetrators of the current child molestation epidemic, than being angry at long dead people.

Location hidden

#526284 Apr 1, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Where there is religion, there is always fanaticism.
<rolls eyes>
That's like saying where there are fishermen, there is always water.
There are fanatics in ALL walks of life and ALL endeavors in life.

Location hidden

#526285 Apr 1, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I don't think they thought that they were on the same "Level" as God, as much so ,that they thought enough pray and meditation would spiritually connect them with a "Higher Plain" ( Spirit )
Yes.
Go direct yourself. No need for a priest or church or pastor, or any other human or description thereof.

Sounds like a good reason for a king or a church to exclude THAT loaded tidbit of info eh.

Location hidden

#526286 Apr 1, 2014
<quoted text>
There is more evidence to an ET seeding Earth than there is that a god created us.
That being said, from where and whence came the ETs?
I do not mean a planet or a galaxy either. I mean ... What is their origin "in the beginning"?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#526287 Apr 1, 2014
StarC wrote:
Receiving
Communion Unworthy
"SAN FRANCISCO, CA, March 31, 2014 ( LifeSiteNews.com )- Speaking with LifeSiteNews about the matter of worthiness to receive Holy Communion last week, Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone said that Church teaching on the matter “has been very clear and consistent from literally the very beginning."
The Church's teaching goes "all the way back to St. Paul who writes in 1 Corinthians that anyone who does not receive the Eucharist worthily, that is if they are in a state of sin, blasphemes the body and blood of the Lord," the archbishop explained.
The leader of San Francisco’s 444,000 Catholics noted that those who would dissent “from a defined Church teaching” and those who would violate the moral teaching of the Church in a serious way,“are not properly disposed to receive Holy Communion.”
“As St. Paul teaches, if they dare to approach knowing that they are in such a state of sin, they bring condemnation upon themselves,” he said.“This is not a harsh judgment of the Church, but our understanding of the Eucharist is that it is not simply a way of welcoming people, a way of affirming people.”
http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/san-francisc...
.....Current statistics (pew research, CARA, Bishops of america) show that most catholics are not following church teachings,(contraception, abortion, divorce, mass attendance, majority catholics in favor of optional celibacy and women priests) therefore your number of 444,000 should actually be down to miniscule numbers closer to 4,400.

...71% of roman catholics have no issue with over the counter birth control. That alone wipes out 315,000 from your diocese. Over 50% of roman catholics have no issue against abortion, married priests, women priests.

....When the vast majority of members of any organization are not doing what they are suppose to be doing, clearly shows an organization in serious trouble.

.....When the numbers of the most holiest catholics has been going down, priests/nuns you know for sure you belong to an organization in serious trouble.

....Next time you are at mass, smile at those sitting around you, chances are good most don't believe in he same church teachings as you.

....I bring factual news from Michaels news desk, that catholics need to know.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#526288 Apr 1, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> The Muslim also think that they're gonna be rewarded with 72 virgins for blowing themselves and Innocents up, but they will actually be reincarnated as a 7/11 cashier serving up slurppies.. it's funny how Abraham's sons ( Issac, Ishmael ) spawned the 2 biggest religions in the world, isn't it? they have been at war with each other for thousands of years..
..You gave the example that organized religions divide us more, than bringing us closer together.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#526289 Apr 1, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not mean a planet or a galaxy either. I mean ... What is their origin "in the beginning"?
...You must ask yourself, what is the purpose of a beginning? Beyond the universe there has to be something else.

... Why would there be a God? What would a Gods main purpose be? If Christians claim God created heaven and earth, where did God reside before he created heaven?.......its a never ending conundrum.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#526290 Apr 1, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> The Muslim also think that they're gonna be rewarded with 72 virgins for blowing themselves and Innocents up, but they will actually be reincarnated as a 7/11 cashier serving up slurppies.. it's funny how Abraham's sons ( Issac, Ishmael ) spawned the 2 biggest religions in the world, isn't it? they have been at war with each other for thousands of years..
...If that is what you were born into, that is what you will believe.

....born to a loving family in the east, a good chance Allah is who you and your family will embrace.

...born to a loving family in the west, a good chance Jesus is who you will worship.

hojo

Excelsior, MN

#526291 Apr 1, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted
Christ “In You” is the hope of glory.
YES.,,,,In and through HIS One Truth Apostolic Catholic Church---the same Church that He initiated, formed and blessed as His own---- over 2000 years ago---the same Church in which He said, " The gates oh hell shall no prevail against - which is the same ( one True Church) that Paul refers to in I Timothy 3:15 when calls THE CHURCH (not the bible alone) is the Pillar, Pinnacle and Foundation of the TRUTH !!!---the same Church in Acts 2 that is headed by Bishops , priests , elders and deacons which is the same hierarchical, authoritative and visible Church --again Acts 2.......

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#526292 Apr 1, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
..You gave the example that organized religions divide us more, than bringing us closer together.
I personally don't think man needs "organized Religion" at all..

Location hidden

#526293 Apr 1, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...If that is what you were born into, that is what you will believe.
....born to a loving family in the east, a good chance Allah is who you and your family will embrace.
...born to a loving family in the west, a good chance Jesus is who you will worship.
Yes, but when you go using God as a crutch to justify your killing, it don't matter where you come from or what "Religion" you embrace, it's wrong..

Location hidden

#526294 Apr 1, 2014
<quoted text>
"I have talked with to many of them, the new age spiritual BS, that one guy talks about is BS and he is only trying to do for himself..He is another wanna be! very few people, that I have met, are true followers of Christ. the RCC and other religious sects, aren't in that category to me.. Lie to start a new religion no, Lie to cover up the truth to push your own agenda, yes! "
- and you are yet to post anything to show that what I have posted is "BS".
As far as I am concerned, you have very little to go on to make that statement at all.
Let's begin with some easy questions for you to answer using honesty:
Who wrote the Bible?
Where does "God" specifically state which books are "of His inspiration" and which are not?
Why does Christianity use more of what "Paul" taught, than they do of Jesus?
Why does Christiantiy use only less than six of the original Apostles?
Honesty pusherman.....honesty....let's see how much you have and use.
I have talked with you several times on another thread, and never thought anything about it, until I saw your post to the one I commented on. It seems you have your own agenda of recruiting followers? I have no use or Interest for that or anyone trying that shyt on vulnerable people. you're as Pathetic as that one dude! I saw where you was telling a certain poster on here, what you teach, obviously it was a recruiting tactic to gain trust and lower an already vulnerable persons guard. I used to respect you and your belief, now, I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire! I owe you no answer or explanation about anything you ask.. Go tell that BS to your new age followers dude, cause this ole boy, isn't Interested!

Albuquerque, NM

#526295 Apr 1, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
If I knew that - I would be famous.

:o)

The origin of life - for anywhere - is still quite the mystery, huh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 min Clearwater 176,357
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 11 min Paul Porter1 98,819
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 17 min Bongo 825,430
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 26 min PELE78 188
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 30 min Epiphany2 611,768
Emma watson (Sep '14) 1 hr Charlie Sheen 2
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Charlie Sheen 270,573
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 hr Rosa_Winkel 442,456
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 9 hr AN NFL FAN 121,614
More from around the web