Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
507,981 - 508,000 of 537,126 Comments Last updated 20 min ago

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep suggesting that you have some magic source of wisdom.
I don't believe you ... "Aquarius!!!"
I've heard that arrogant story from one or another self-proclaimed preacher of supposed wisdom all my life.
You're just one more blowhard in a long, long list of blowhards.
:)
BTW June, it is duly noted that you avoid answering my pointed questions.
It is also noted that you are now turning the attack personal.. Classic move when your crap is pummeled and your comeback quiver is without arrows of truth or proof.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
We are all smug about our own opinions. If we weren't we wouldn't be here expressing our opinions.
Why not own it and stop being pretentious???
Interesting.
I am owning every personal post here June. I am answering your questions.
You avoid mine. Why is that?.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

Aquarius-WY wrote:

<quoted text>
And that normal human factor makes them negatively undesirable to other humans exactly how?
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
A double negative.
Why settle for PLAUSIBILITY,
when you can have the one true God.
Ramen
Thanks for the English lesson.
How about tackling the question?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

<quoted text>
OK, please re-state.
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem.
Is science about absolutes or possibilities?
>You< asked for the restatement. How about engaging what you asked for?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest that if you stopped promoting Ramen as worthy of worship, you would be more credible.
Noodles don't have the clout needed to make all animals suffer as does that real god.
:)
Hey!
When all that the cupboard contains, is one pack of Ramen, I worship it and then take and eat. This is the true body of Ramen. This do in avoidance of hunger.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I will ignore your posts that I believe are not worthy of my time, as you are being plain silly.
Interesting.
It was >you< who tried to use "non-human animals" behavior as a point to condone certain human behaviors June.
It was >you< who attempted to use "non-human animals" suffering as a point of proof that there is no God.

I see you now wish to abandon that tack of your own creation dear.
Smart move.
Nice try to attempt laying your own nonsense at my feet for responding to your disconnected crap June..
You get pissy at me now for responding to your line of argument?
Interesting indeed.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

I suggest that today's Gnostics are as arrogant as any other religious preachers. No doubt the new age "spiritual leaders" are certain that they have achieved to "stage" IV.

Bunkology.
>>>>>>> >

How Gnostic Christianity Solves Biblical Mysteries

In Stage IV, God is no longer considered separate from us, God is one within us. To keep from sounding too grandiose, Gnostics use phrases and terms like 'God is love','I am','creation', or 'the all'. In other words, the Demiurge in Stage III is a supernatural and extraordinary God. In Stage IV, all are the Spirit of God, and therefore, it is natural to live love everyday in, what then becomes, ordinary ways.

http://www.darnellworks.com/gnostic/ch10.htm#...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

<quoted text>
Post #525887.
You have closed the door on possibility. That is a very weak, immature, selfish, and foolish thing to do. Many a talented and intelligent "scientist" has done the same thing to their own craft."
Interesting.
Your claim was that I accused others of "running away".
Saying that one is refusing to entertain possibility (which is what I said) is much different than your claim.

Now, reread the above part of your post.
Many scientists do in fact misconstrue what science is all about.

Again (since >you< requested it), Is science about absolutes or possibilities?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

<quoted text>
Why do you feel a need to judge the position of others as something "very weak, immature, selfish, and foolish."
Simple.
Because it is in fact a very weak, immature, selfish, and foolish position to intentionally ignore possibilities. Quite often it is the seemingly most ridiculous answer or solution offered in the beginning of trying to find solutions to a problem or question, which prove to be THE answer.

Is science about absolutes or possibilities?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

Aquarius-WY wrote:

<quoted text>
Show me that direct quote of mine in your post strawman.
<quoted text>
Post #525887.
Your turn. Show us where anyone but you claim the ark replica in Europe actually floats.
Can you hold yourself to the same standards that you hold others?
Ramen :o)
Nice try strawman.
I asked for proof that you quoted me directly in THAT one post of yours where you rewrote my words.
So far, all you have done is sidestep that challenge and post another strawman in the same fashion.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

<quoted text>
Post #525887.
Your turn. Show us where anyone but you claim the ark replica in Europe actually floats.
So it is not floating. Big deal.
What's the point? I mean a point of real significance.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

<quoted text>
Post #525887.
Show me the direct quote from me in >YOUR< post. The post of >YOURS< is in question strawman.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

You can bet that the Christians divisive sects at the time Catholicism took hold ALL believed that homosexuality was a MAJOR offense against GOD.

This new age religion is all based on fluff.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

The English noun "Gnosticism"The term "Gnosticism" does not appear in ancient sources,[14] and was first coined by Henry More in a commentary on the seven letters of the Book of Revelation, where More used the term "Gnosticisme" to describe the heresy in Thyatira.[15]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnosticism#The_t ...

NOTE: Henry More lived in the 17th century, and as you can see the word Gnosticisme was meant as a derogatory term by More.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

<quoted text>
OK, a direct answer. I challenge you to reply in same.
Actually, both. Some examples:
The Periodic Table is pretty absolute and has remained so as we look light years into the universe.
The scientific method is all about possibilities.
What are you trying to say? Keep it simple. Just spit it out.
Finally !
Correct.
Now, can you see where many a talented scientist can and often do confuse the two and make such ridiculous statements like "science says that a certain thing does not exist"?

The only thing that science and the scientific method can turn into absolutes are things which actually exist.

BTW, your example of the Periodic Table as an example of absolutes is lacking something. What could it possibly be? Is it possible that the Periodic Table itself is still not completely "absolute"?

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

Some of the Wiccans write that they are "reclaiming" their rights to the old Pagan religions

FLUFF!

The old Pagans put people to death for offending the supposed gods.

The new age "Gnostics" are also pretending to be reclaiming their original truth.

MORE FLUFF.

All those ancient religions were nasty in their thirst for blood and gore, and they lived lives of extreme fear of the supposed gods.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

From the book,“History of Christianity,” by Clyde L. Manschreck … comes the following ……..

In the fourth and fifth centuries, literally thousands of Christians expressed their religion in monasticism, often in bizarre ways, without benefit of sacraments, Bible, or clergy. They lived in caves, trees, tombs, holes, and mud huts. They killed the bath, encouraged vermin, fasted inordinately, seldom slept, wore coarse clothing, went barefooted, and attempted to outdo each one another in physical discomfort. The more they tried not to think of sex, the more they failed, so that sex was a constant problem. Some would not look at women, others would not allow a female cat about.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

June VanDerMark wrote:
Many people with mental problems that could have been helped with medication were neglected by religious nut-cases that were certain prayer could heal the problems.
Those such as Confrinting with the word are a danger to other humans ... because he is certain that his prayers will create "miracles" on his behalf.
The other side of that double edged sword you swing June, is that it is likewise true that many people with mental problems took PRESCRIBED mind altering drugs and wound up committing suicide or worse yet, mass killing sprees of their fellow man.
Who gets the title of "nut cases" there June?
The mental patient?
The prescribing doctor?
Society itself?
Apathy of others?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Church (Jesus Christs) His One True Universal Church which been proven to be Catholic...
Horse pucky hojo.
That is only proof that many were swayed to believe that, and the political forces in the world at that time were such that "universe" meant the known "world" of Earth at the time. There were and still are entire continents of people which were excluded in the, uh, "voting" on the matter of " One True Universal Church ... Catholic."

Try again.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I suppose You include yourself in your reproach ..since you are disputing her faith and belief.
Of course I do, when appropriate.
I am "disputing her faith and belief" by using the very same tools she attempts to use, and point out that she has no credible ground upon which to stand as her position is entirely without hope of proof.
How can a thing ever be proven to be non-existent? What empirical proof would one offer to prove your position is true and correct? Nothing?
It is a simple fact that it is impossible to prove a negative.
Her entire position is one which would require proving a negative in order for her position to even be considered as rational.

You are incorrect. My attack has merit. It is much different than the accusation of "same" with which you charge me.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I suppose You include yourself in your reproach ..since you are disputing her faith and belief.
BTW, have you noticed that I have left each and every single person alone who promotes their "God" no matter how they define "Him" to be?
Why do you suppose that is?
Have you seen where I wrote that perhaps the "truth" of a "god" existing may be a situation where the individual's choice of a "God" is right for them and no other?

Your accusation of my approach most certainly is not as you charge.
Have I attempted to promote any "God" to June? Nope. Why?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
AGAIN you took my post out of context.
You are NOT an honest person.
Please June, by all means, correct me if the following is "out of context" according to yourself.
You posted that gnostics can deal directly with "God". Correct June?
Yep that is correct.

Since that is true, then would a person who can deal directly with "God" need a church to intercede for them?

Your assessment of my honesty is unfounded June.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min It aint necessari... 730,268
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 9 min khalid 667
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 11 min andet1987 5,341
Best Hotel for Exhibitonist/voyeur 25 min andet1987 2
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 43 min UidiotRaceMAkeWor... 172,954
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 46 min andet1987 4,255
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 52 min AussieBobby 259,310
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 6 hr Tim Osman 117,803
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 12 hr andet1987 76

Search the Top Stories Forum: