Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 667513 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#526497 Apr 2, 2014
tojo!!!!

Vatican Suspends 'Bishop Of Bling' Over $40 Million Home ...- Forbes
www.forbes.com/.../vatican-suspends-bishop-of... ;
Forbes
Oct 24, 2013 - The bishop made news this week when the Catholic Church disclosed the exact ....

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#526498 Apr 2, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:

<quoted text>
Are not reason and logic themselves the brainchildren of philosophy and philosophers?
Logic and reason are "opinions"? Really?
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that other people's opinions are "logical" when they disagree with your opinions???
Again June, logic is not an opinion. Logic is simply one tool that is used to form an opinion.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#526499 Apr 2, 2014
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
"Slay them wherever you find them...Idolatry is worse than carnage...Fight against them until idolatry is no more and God's religion reigns supreme." (Surah 2:190-)
Hopefully your muslim murdering brothers will "find you". It has been obvious for a very long time you are no Christian. You pro-muslim statement speaks for itself.
<quoted text>
Take note Liam. The Roman Catholic church/Roman Empire is responsible for more deaths than any organization that has ever inhabited this planet. Nobody with one active brain cell would trust a murdering rouge "religious" cult like yours.
...and fyi, after Luther, Calvin and other men changed the word of God, Protestantism unleashed one rumor after another about us. Anything they could muster up to feel better about leaving the truth. Some of it looks rather silly now a days. Yet certain fanatics just can't let it go. Like your baseless lie above. You want it to be true really bad so you simply believe it. Nice..

Since: Sep 09

Burns Lake, Canada

#526500 Apr 2, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
There you are tojo.....more truth you can deny...
Atlanta's Catholic archbishop apologizes for his $2.2-million mansion
Los Angeles Times &#8206;- by Paresh Dave &#8206;- 2 hours ago
Atlanta Archbishop Wilton Gregory Apologizes For Building $2.2M Mansion,
I can start posting all the Protestant leaders that are in court for scams and murders et cetera.

Would that be beneficial to you???

:)

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#526501 Apr 2, 2014
Have more....

New Jersey 'bishop of bling' criticized for spending $500,000 on ...
www.rawstory.com/.../new-jersey-bishop-of-bli... ;
The Raw Story
Feb 21, 2014 - The 4,500-square-foot home sits on 8.2 wooded acres in the hills of ... Watch a report on the lavish home expansion, as aired on CNN on Friday ...

Burns Lake, Canada

#526502 Apr 2, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe.
If they actually used logic in the first place and can show me where I went off the logic trolley.
Will you promise to honor and obey???

Michael

Canada

#526503 Apr 2, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
This is just more of your hostile and vindictive anti-Catholic " distorting of the Truth"! You continue to dig up liberal poll sources like Pew research and Cara that have used "selective manipulative (telephone polling) of non-practicing Catholics between a " certain specific age" or those whom seldom (if ever attend Mass. To begin with, my brother-in -law is a Catholic Bishop and I know ( for a fact) this (phony) claim of " millions of dollars on luxury houses for Bishops" is an outright. Manipulatiive LIE by you and your "so-called news sources!!!! Go find another " hobby" Michael!!!!! Your " tinker toy" construction of anti-catholic "building blocks" is falling apart--just like your credibility!!!!!
...you better be careful what you say, the pope has already fired a German bishop for spending 43 million on a luxury house. I guess you disagree with pope France s and call him all the names you called me because you don't believe this stories are true,

$43 million and you say that's fine .....enjoy yourself, have all these luxuries.

Unbelievable!

Location hidden

#526504 Apr 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Note the words "the study of."
phi·los·o·phy
noun
noun: philosophy
the study of the fundamental nature of knowledge, reality, and existence, esp. when considered as an academic discipline.
https://www.google.ca/#q=philosophy+definitio...
Full Definition of PHILOSOPHY

a (1): all learning exclusive of technical precepts and practical arts (2): the sciences and liberal arts exclusive of medicine, law, and theology
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#526505 Apr 2, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
"Slay them wherever you find them...Idolatry is worse than carnage...Fight against them until idolatry is no more and God's religion reigns supreme." (Surah 2:190-)
Hopefully your muslim murdering brothers will "find you". It has been obvious for a very long time you are no Christian. You pro-muslim statement speaks for itself.
<quoted text>
Take note Liam. The Roman Catholic church/Roman Empire is responsible for more deaths than any organization that has ever inhabited this planet. Nobody with one active brain cell would trust a murdering rouge "religious" cult like yours.
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah I heard all that too. Blah blah. the only problem is: you can't find one credible historian that would put his reputation on the line by siding with you. you won't even find one that would call it "Roman Catholic Church/Roman Empire". It simply doesn't make sense. Its your personal fantasy. Its like calling an apple an orange because you wish it were true.
Do you have a problem with the 20+ other Catholic Churches or just the one in Rome?
See, you don't know how to answer that. You've already programmed your ideology, you cant admit any error at this point.
So you are telling the world the Roman Catholic church had nothing to do with the Crusades? Yes or no

Liam said, quote, "Do you have a problem with the 20+ other Catholic Churches or just the one in Rome? See, you don't know how to answer that. You've already programmed your ideology, you cant admit any error at this point." End quote.

Of the 20+ churches which of these does not report to Rome and your pope located in Rome.
Michael

Canada

#526506 Apr 2, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
There you are tojo.....more truth you can deny...
Atlanta's Catholic archbishop apologizes for his $2.2-million mansion
Los Angeles Times &#8206;- by Paresh Dave &#8206;- 2 hours ago
Atlanta Archbishop Wilton Gregory Apologizes For Building $2.2M Mansion,
....$4.4 million dollars wasted, that should have been earmarked for the poor and downtrodden who could have bought beer, lottery tickets, and 70" televisions for themselves., but no! the greedy bishops spent it all on luxuries for themselves.

...What a shame.

Location hidden

#526507 Apr 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
. And as is plain, as least to me, we can't take man's words for knowing truth.
Interesting.
Just whose words are you going to take then June? God's?

Again June, are you familiar with the first language?

Location hidden

#526508 Apr 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why religion comes in HANDY!
By the way, I'm waiting to find out what a REAL Gnostic is, and you choose to keep that "knowledge" hidden from me.
WHY???
To drive you crazy. <wink>

You have yet to answer a question that will determine if you can handle it.

What differences, if any are there between "religion" and "spirit"?
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#526509 Apr 2, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
…4Who has ascended into heaven and descended? Who has gathered the wind in His fists? Who has wrapped the waters in His garment? Who has established all the ends of the earth? What is His name or His son's name? Surely you know! 5Every word of God is tested; He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him. 6Do not add to His words Or He will reprove you, and you will be proved a liar.…
Exactly!
Here is a question to ponder:

Is "the word of God" a grammatical one or is it the meaning behind the grammar?

"This is my Body" has two meanings on this forum.
The Catholic n Orthodox as well as all known Christians prior to the 16th century think of it different...
when we tell someone "He took the bread, gave thanks and broke it and said 'this is my body', we say it as fact. The bread becomes His body when those words are spoken by a valid ordained Priest. That's the word of God as taught by the Apostles.

When oldgg and Ox say the same words, but then they make fun of our teachings, and give a new meaning behind the Lords words, its not the word of God anymore. Its that simple Marge. They are no different than Muhammad or Joseph Smith...... Designing thier own "God's word".

Burns Lake, Canada

#526510 Apr 2, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
Have more....
New Jersey 'bishop of bling' criticized for spending $500,000 on ...
www.rawstory.com/.../new-jersey-bishop-of-bli... ;
The Raw Story
Feb 21, 2014 - The 4,500-square-foot home sits on 8.2 wooded acres in the hills of ... Watch a report on the lavish home expansion, as aired on CNN on Friday ...
DEAR BENNY is a Protestant.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Benny Hinn's Response To Dateline NBC

Dateline also pointed out that Hinn often stays in hotel rooms exceeding $1000. per night (he stayed in the Kahala Mandarin Hotel here in Oahu in the Presidential Suite for $3700. per night), uses a charter jet to fly all over the world, and is upgrading his lifestyle from a $650,000 home to a $3. million dollar one in a luxury area in California. So it is very true that Hinn's followers don't care how he spends their money.

http://www.deceptioninthechurch.com/hinndatel...

Burns Lake, Canada

#526511 Apr 2, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
To drive you crazy. <wink>
You have yet to answer a question that will determine if you can handle it.
What differences, if any are there between "religion" and "spirit"?
I answered your question. It's not my problem that you didn't agree with my "logic."

Hahahaha

Burns Lake, Canada

#526512 Apr 2, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting.
Just whose words are you going to take then June?
Would it please you if I said "yours?"

Burns Lake, Canada

#526514 Apr 2, 2014
There's no question that we all favor our own opinions, as we don't want our view of the way things should BE "according to us" ... disturbed.

But I believe it's good to disturb opinions.

It was the study of so many other believers and beliefs in other religions that helped me to escape my own menial trap of religion.

Without me being able to accept the views of others, I never would have decided that my religious beliefs to them meant nothing of value, just as their religious beliefs to me meant nothing of value.

So irritation is not always a bad thing.

I'm thankful to those on the forum that debated me right out of religion.

Burns Lake, Canada

#526515 Apr 2, 2014
Richie T wrote:
Finding salvation without the church:
www.scribd.com/doc/31322017 ...
OH OH!

Will you invite them to your home to convert them???

United States

#526516 Apr 2, 2014
Liam wrote:
- most Muslims do not believe they'll be rewarded for suicide bombings. A very small sect of radicals do. Ignorant men like you could care less. All religion bad, right?
-Islam borrowed a little bit of Judaism and Christianity, and whatever the false prophet Muhammad, conjured up himself. No different than the Jehovah's, SDA, Pentecostals or certain born againers. The only difference is that Mohammed actually wrote his own bible. The others just use someone else's Bible, With their own interpretations. Ironically, they turn around and trash Mohammed for basically doing the same thing.
-
-
OldJG wrote:
-
-
Mohammad wrote his own Bible, borrowed from Judaism and Christianity and "whatever the false prophet conjured up for himself", huh, Liam?
Now, how do you know the False Prophet conjured this crap up? Huh?
How do you know, "most Muslims do not believe they'll be rewarded for suicide bombings"?
FYI:
1) What "most Muslims" tell you they believe and what they ACTUALLY believe are two different things, Liam.... Just so you know.
2) Pages torn from the Koran sound kind o' like what the Catholic Church has done. KILL the IDOLATOR where ever you find them. Absolutely sounds like Islam took a few pages from the Catholic playbook. Actually, it sounds like Islam borrowed MOSTLY from the Catholic Playbook. Catholicism was in the area for 300 years - spreading "Christianity" by the Sword for 300 years - before Mohammad was even born!
-
That sounds pretty radical to me.
-
oh, and FYI - The Bible is not "someone else's" Bible. The Bible is not the Catholic's Bible.
First of all, The HEBREW Scriptures were the Jewish Bible, and it was complete.
Secondly, The GREEK Scriptures were written by men contemporary of Jesus Christ - whom the Catholics absolutely did not then, and do not now, emulate.
Thirdly, anything the Catholic Church has added to worship, is done against the written Word of God. Again: Call No Man Your Father .... is AGAINST the written Word of God :: Therefore, you cannot claim to be Christian if you go against the Greek Scriptures and defy what was written. The Popes do not get to waltz in and change up everything.
-
Jesus himself said, "Call no man your father." -- YOU DEFY JESUS and yet you OBEY THE POPE when he said it is okay to call the priests Father.
-
If you are Christian it's easy to see Jesus has more authority than the Pope - especially when the Pope spreads Christianity by the sword. If you can't see that, then you are blind.

Burns Lake, Canada

#526517 Apr 2, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Full Definition of PHILOSOPHY
a (1): all learning exclusive of technical precepts and practical arts (2): the sciences and liberal arts exclusive of medicine, law, and theology
Philosophy is about "learning" ... NEVER claiming to know truth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min nanoanomaly 979,264
Waiting to pee 43 min Tallguy95 1
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 55 min Clearwater 92,242
allofourstuff.com 1 hr AllofOurStuff 1
is god black or white? and why? (Oct '08) 1 hr kingwhats 449
News Letter: DNC accept responsibility 1 hr The Real Donald T... 30
John Holmes(white man)had biggest penis in history (Dec '08) 1 hr Big Daddy K 94
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr what 285,938
More from around the web