Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687395 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#526508 Apr 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why religion comes in HANDY!
:)
By the way, I'm waiting to find out what a REAL Gnostic is, and you choose to keep that "knowledge" hidden from me.
WHY???
To drive you crazy. <wink>

You have yet to answer a question that will determine if you can handle it.

What differences, if any are there between "religion" and "spirit"?
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#526509 Apr 2, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
…4Who has ascended into heaven and descended? Who has gathered the wind in His fists? Who has wrapped the waters in His garment? Who has established all the ends of the earth? What is His name or His son's name? Surely you know! 5Every word of God is tested; He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him. 6Do not add to His words Or He will reprove you, and you will be proved a liar.…
Exactly!
Here is a question to ponder:

Is "the word of God" a grammatical one or is it the meaning behind the grammar?

"This is my Body" has two meanings on this forum.
The Catholic n Orthodox as well as all known Christians prior to the 16th century think of it different...
when we tell someone "He took the bread, gave thanks and broke it and said 'this is my body', we say it as fact. The bread becomes His body when those words are spoken by a valid ordained Priest. That's the word of God as taught by the Apostles.

When oldgg and Ox say the same words, but then they make fun of our teachings, and give a new meaning behind the Lords words, its not the word of God anymore. Its that simple Marge. They are no different than Muhammad or Joseph Smith...... Designing thier own "God's word".
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Burns Lake, Canada

#526510 Apr 2, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
Have more....
New Jersey 'bishop of bling' criticized for spending $500,000 on ...
www.rawstory.com/.../new-jersey-bishop-of-bli... ;
The Raw Story
Feb 21, 2014 - The 4,500-square-foot home sits on 8.2 wooded acres in the hills of ... Watch a report on the lavish home expansion, as aired on CNN on Friday ...
DEAR BENNY is a Protestant.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Benny Hinn's Response To Dateline NBC

Dateline also pointed out that Hinn often stays in hotel rooms exceeding $1000. per night (he stayed in the Kahala Mandarin Hotel here in Oahu in the Presidential Suite for $3700. per night), uses a charter jet to fly all over the world, and is upgrading his lifestyle from a $650,000 home to a $3. million dollar one in a luxury area in California. So it is very true that Hinn's followers don't care how he spends their money.

http://www.deceptioninthechurch.com/hinndatel...
June VanDerMark

Burns Lake, Canada

#526511 Apr 2, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
To drive you crazy. <wink>
You have yet to answer a question that will determine if you can handle it.
What differences, if any are there between "religion" and "spirit"?
I answered your question. It's not my problem that you didn't agree with my "logic."

Hahahaha
June VanDerMark

Burns Lake, Canada

#526512 Apr 2, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting.
Just whose words are you going to take then June?
Would it please you if I said "yours?"

June VanDerMark

Burns Lake, Canada

#526514 Apr 2, 2014
There's no question that we all favor our own opinions, as we don't want our view of the way things should BE "according to us" ... disturbed.

But I believe it's good to disturb opinions.

It was the study of so many other believers and beliefs in other religions that helped me to escape my own menial trap of religion.

Without me being able to accept the views of others, I never would have decided that my religious beliefs to them meant nothing of value, just as their religious beliefs to me meant nothing of value.

So irritation is not always a bad thing.

I'm thankful to those on the forum that debated me right out of religion.

June VanDerMark

Burns Lake, Canada

#526515 Apr 2, 2014
Richie T wrote:
Finding salvation without the church:
www.scribd.com/doc/31322017 ...
OH OH!

Will you invite them to your home to convert them???

United States

#526516 Apr 2, 2014
Liam wrote:
- most Muslims do not believe they'll be rewarded for suicide bombings. A very small sect of radicals do. Ignorant men like you could care less. All religion bad, right?
-Islam borrowed a little bit of Judaism and Christianity, and whatever the false prophet Muhammad, conjured up himself. No different than the Jehovah's, SDA, Pentecostals or certain born againers. The only difference is that Mohammed actually wrote his own bible. The others just use someone else's Bible, With their own interpretations. Ironically, they turn around and trash Mohammed for basically doing the same thing.
-
-
OldJG wrote:
"Slay them wherever you find them...Idolatry is worse than carnage...Fight against them until idolatry is no more and God's religion reigns supreme." (Surah 2:190-)
Hopefully your muslim murdering brothers will "find you". It has been obvious for a very long time you are no Christian. You pro-muslim statement speaks for itself.
-
-
Mohammad wrote his own Bible, borrowed from Judaism and Christianity and "whatever the false prophet conjured up for himself", huh, Liam?
Now, how do you know the False Prophet conjured this crap up? Huh?
How do you know, "most Muslims do not believe they'll be rewarded for suicide bombings"?
FYI:
1) What "most Muslims" tell you they believe and what they ACTUALLY believe are two different things, Liam.... Just so you know.
2) Pages torn from the Koran sound kind o' like what the Catholic Church has done. KILL the IDOLATOR where ever you find them. Absolutely sounds like Islam took a few pages from the Catholic playbook. Actually, it sounds like Islam borrowed MOSTLY from the Catholic Playbook. Catholicism was in the area for 300 years - spreading "Christianity" by the Sword for 300 years - before Mohammad was even born!
-
That sounds pretty radical to me.
-
oh, and FYI - The Bible is not "someone else's" Bible. The Bible is not the Catholic's Bible.
First of all, The HEBREW Scriptures were the Jewish Bible, and it was complete.
Secondly, The GREEK Scriptures were written by men contemporary of Jesus Christ - whom the Catholics absolutely did not then, and do not now, emulate.
Thirdly, anything the Catholic Church has added to worship, is done against the written Word of God. Again: Call No Man Your Father .... is AGAINST the written Word of God :: Therefore, you cannot claim to be Christian if you go against the Greek Scriptures and defy what was written. The Popes do not get to waltz in and change up everything.
-
Jesus himself said, "Call no man your father." -- YOU DEFY JESUS and yet you OBEY THE POPE when he said it is okay to call the priests Father.
-
If you are Christian it's easy to see Jesus has more authority than the Pope - especially when the Pope spreads Christianity by the sword. If you can't see that, then you are blind.
June VanDerMark

Burns Lake, Canada

#526517 Apr 2, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Full Definition of PHILOSOPHY
a (1): all learning exclusive of technical precepts and practical arts (2): the sciences and liberal arts exclusive of medicine, law, and theology
Philosophy is about "learning" ... NEVER claiming to know truth.
June VanDerMark

Burns Lake, Canada

#526518 Apr 2, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Mohammad wrote his own Bible, borrowed from Judaism and Christianity and "whatever the false prophet conjured up for himself", huh, Liam?
I suggest that probably Mohammed never even lived other than in mythology. The religious stories were all compiled well after the supposed prophets existed, giving the theologians time to create and deliver their lies as being based on truth.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

M&Uuml;NSTER, Germany -- Muhammad Sven Kalisch, a Muslim convert and Germany's first professor of Islamic theology, fasts during the Muslim holy month, doesn't like to shake hands with Muslim women and has spent years studying Islamic scripture. Islam, he says, guides his life.

So it came as something of a surprise when Prof. Kalisch announced the fruit of his theological research. His conclusion: The Prophet Muhammad probably never existed.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB1226699...
June VanDerMark

Burns Lake, Canada

#526519 Apr 2, 2014
I hope there will come a day when all humans lay down their religious literature and learn without fear to accept one moment at a time.

That day will mean that humans have shed the will to follow words compiled by right-fighting theologians, who should have always referred to their selves as philosophers ... NOT tellers of truth.

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#526521 Apr 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Ihcuc ... "Why 'on earth' did you change my name to Jesus without asking my permission? I happento be very fond of the name Ihcuc. Now please shown respect for me and give me the right to be addressed by my GIVEN name. I don't want to hear any more about that word Jesus."
tongue in cheek
What nothing but "tongue in cheek" opinions.

I figured as much you don't have a clue on what you post.

FYI - "Greek Jesus" came after "Jesus".
June VanDerMark

Burns Lake, Canada

#526522 Apr 2, 2014
"Modest doubt is called the beacon of the wise."

Shakespeare

Albuquerque, NM

#526523 Apr 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I've pointed out to you every which way possible that your Gnostic beliefs are for you, and other Gnostic beliefs are for others, but you keep insisting that YOU know the real Jesus and all that he would have said and all that he would have done ... and I believe that you full of arrogance to even make such a ridiculous claim and expect me to believe you.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>
The Sumerian tradition
It is the Sumerian tradition as an interpretation of the oldest remaining texts of humanity and continued through the gnostic tradition of christianity that Earth was the site for a prison of the very worst and evil beings of a higher order race from the a nearby star system.
http://one-heaven.org/content/about_evil.html
Still having a problem with how the omission of texts have affected the Bible. Gotcha.
When you can come to terms that they were omitted because of men, then you will better understand my posts that state "Christianity is incomplete."

When you can shake the bias you have for "Christians", you will better understand your own posts.

Albuquerque, NM

#526524 Apr 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet, if they don't preach the Jesus-dogma the way you preach it, you insist that their will is wrong and yours is right.
I believe you all fall short of each other's mark of truth, and that leads me to believe that none of you know a whole lot about what you are trying to make others swallow.
If you knew truth, surely you would agree, at least once in a while.
Posting omissions is not insisting.

What else do you want to post that is not true?

Albuquerque, NM

#526525 Apr 2, 2014
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Truly it would be impossible to provide empirical proof.
BUT, there really isn't that many theories or options for abiogenesis:
1) Seeded by aliens.
2) Supreme being Creating with intent.
3) Random chance happening.
Odds are:
1 & 2) may be one in the same.
3) highly improbable; if not, we would have had secondary and successive origin events.
Helpful post to those who think we are alone in a vast Universe - thanks!
marge

Leesburg, GA

#526526 Apr 2, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly!
Here is a question to ponder:
Is "the word of God" a grammatical one or is it the meaning behind the grammar?
"This is my Body" has two meanings on this forum.
The Catholic n Orthodox as well as all known Christians prior to the 16th century think of it different...
when we tell someone "He took the bread, gave thanks and broke it and said 'this is my body', we say it as fact. The bread becomes His body when those words are spoken by a valid ordained Priest. That's the word of God as taught by the Apostles.
When oldgg and Ox say the same words, but then they make fun of our teachings, and give a new meaning behind the Lords words, its not the word of God anymore. Its that simple Marge. They are no different than Muhammad or Joseph Smith...... Designing thier own "God's word".
You just said exactly Clay, and then you preceded to add to the pure tested Word this; (The bread becomes His body when those words are spoken by a valid ordained Priest.)

Why do you feel the need to add to the Word?

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#526527 Apr 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest that probably Mohammed never even lived other than in mythology. The religious stories were all compiled well after the supposed prophets existed, giving the theologians time to create and deliver their lies as being based on truth.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
M&Uuml;NSTER, Germany -- Muhammad Sven Kalisch, a Muslim convert and Germany's first professor of Islamic theology, fasts during the Muslim holy month, doesn't like to shake hands with Muslim women and has spent years studying Islamic scripture. Islam, he says, guides his life.
So it came as something of a surprise when Prof. Kalisch announced the fruit of his theological research. His conclusion: The Prophet Muhammad probably never existed.
http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB1226699...
June, just who do you believe did exist? I mean for real! Think about what the early Romans and the early Church done at the beginning when they adapted Jesus and Christianity. I mean actually think why they confuse, Lie, and everything else under the sun, that goes against Jesus' teachings. they obviously believed something cause they coralated their Pagan Worship of Sol Invictous with Chrsit. they set Jesus b/day to coincide with that of Apollo (Greek ), Hebrew (Abaddon) but same thing basically. now tell me why the RCC does all that, just over a myth? Them people obviously knew something we don't! have you have researched the History of all that June?

Albuquerque, NM

#526528 Apr 2, 2014
LTM wrote:
"Why do people reject Jesus as their Savior?"
Answer: The decision to accept or reject Jesus as Savior is the ultimate life decision. Why do many people choose to reject Jesus as Savior? There are perhaps as many different reasons for rejecting Christ as there are people who reject Him, but the following four reasons can serve as general categories:
1) Some people do not think they need a savior. These people consider themselves to be “basically good” and do not realize that they, like all people, are sinners who cannot come to God on their own terms. But Jesus said,“I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me”(John 14:6). Those who reject Christ will not be able to stand before God and successfully plead their own case on their own merits.
2) The fear of social rejection or persecution deters some people from receiving Christ as Savior. The unbelievers in John 12:42-43 would not confess Christ because they were more concerned with their status among their peers than doing God’s will. These were the Pharisees whose love of position and the esteem of others blinded them,“for they loved the approval of men rather than the approval of God.”
3) For some people, the things that the present world has to offer are more appealing than eternal things. We read the story of such a man in Matthew 19:16-23. This man was not willing to lose his earthly possessions in order to gain an eternal relationship with Jesus (see also 2 Corinthians 4:16-18).
4) Many people are simply resisting the Holy Spirit’s attempts to draw them to faith in Christ. Stephen, a leader in the early church, told those who were about to murder him,“You stiff-necked people, with uncircumcised hearts and ears! You are just like your fathers: You always resist the Holy Spirit!”(Acts 7:51). The apostle Paul made a similar statement to a group of gospel rejecters in Acts 28:23-27.
Whatever the reasons why people reject Jesus Christ, their rejection has disastrous eternal consequences.“There is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved” than the name of Jesus (Acts 4:12), and those who reject Him, for whatever reason, face an eternity in the “outer darkness” of hell where there will be “weeping and gnashing of teeth”(Matthew 25:30).
www.gotquestions.org/reject-Jesus .
Maybe the question you should be asking is:

Why do people only accept a portion of Jesus and what he taught?

Why do you?
June VanDerMark

Burns Lake, Canada

#526529 Apr 2, 2014
Professor Kalisch is either a very brave man, or a very stupid man to suggest that Muhammad never lived.

You don't remove an icon such as Muhammad from those who base their lives in Paradise depend on his existence ... and expect a "thank you" for your opinion.

The Muslims certainly won't agree with his self-perceived "logic" on that issue, and it would not be a surprise to me if many Muslims feel a desire to put him to death, as they no doubt believe that "Allah" is offended.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 9 min Mr Wiggley 31,480
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 24 min speedyj1992 987,394
Trump: "Get that Son of a B- - - - off the fiel... 58 min HFCS - What It Is 2
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 hr Peter Ross 6,492
the REAL reasons O.J. Simpson beat murder charges 5 hr Doctor REALITY 31
News Abortion issue looms over Supreme Court choice (May '09) 6 hr Ricky F 2,335
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 6 hr Ricky F 39,263
More from around the web