Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 567,670
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#525880 Mar 31, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it depicted God as well as any movie I've ever seen
Hahahahahaha

Vanderhoof, Canada

#525881 Mar 31, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
They flock to you like moths to a flame.
Actually they wish I would go away and stop interrupting their sermons that they are trying in VAIN to convince their selves are based on absolute truth.

If only they could agree with those promoting other sermons as truth ... they might have a leg of "truth" to stand on.

But watch them fight over who knows truth from "god" and you will see their huffing and puffing amounts to hot air and over-invested illusion.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#525882 Mar 31, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:

<quoted text>
If one is a "miracle worker", then it stands to reason that the miracles they perform would be "on cue". Correct?
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you are joking.
Nope.
You make the mistake of thinking I said that they ARE miracle workers June.
I STARTED my remark with "IF" dear.

My words hold true June. If one is an actual miracle worker, then yes, their "miracles" would be on cue.

You keep speaking in absolutes when the real truth is you have NO idea. ALL of your anger is based upon what other humans did or said, but at the same time, your own posts reveal your own doubt .
Your position is unsupportable June. There is no way to prove it. None..

You have placed yourself in your own trap June.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#525883 Mar 31, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> The Genesis story gives an account of what happened and why, Not when it happened.
The Oral Tradition would have been much earlier than when it (Bible) was actually written, you're assuming the other story of the Flood is older, it is, more than likely, the same flood, not really "stolen" just wrote about at different time
The story is a very old myth that was told over and over long before Christianity existed as a religion. Whether a flood occurred of such magnitude, is unlikely, but even if it did occur, I suggest it would be a natural phenomenon, and nothing whatsoever to do with an angry god destroying his own creation.

Such archaic nonsense ought to be let go, now that we know better.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#525884 Mar 31, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you see or read "The DaVinci Code"?
Why or why not?
I got the gist of it.

Dan Brown's Bunkology!

Vanderhoof, Canada

#525885 Mar 31, 2014
If the word Gnostic didn't mean "knowledge" but rather meant "dumbed-down" ... I suggest there would have been no Gnostic religion.

The carrot that hangs on the STRING is that word "knowledge."

Vanderhoof, Canada

#525886 Mar 31, 2014
If the bibles had the word EVIL on their covers rather than the word HOLY ... there would have been no Christian religion.

Location hidden

#525887 Mar 31, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of them don't reply except to call me names.
They won't answer my questions that they should be asking of their selves ... such as "If Jesus lived, would he have stayed faithful ONLY to Judaism?"
They know that their religion is based on lies ... but they don't want to give up that image of heavenly bliss promised to them by the lying theologians.
"Most of them don't reply except to call me names."
Yes, and that fuels your hate and anger, which in turn brings you satisfaction when you post and repost your copy and paste sermon..

"They won't answer my questions that they should be asking of their selves"

I answer them June. I answer them with questions that >you< should be asking your own self dear.
Your position is unsupportable. You have no way whatsoever to prove it. None.

You have closed the door on possibility. That is a very weak, immature, selfish, and foolish thing to do.
Many a talented and intelligent "scientist" has done the same thing to their own craft.
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#525888 Mar 31, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Their ministry is not a career it is a calling from God as is mine..
.You Catholics are at war against the true body of Christ...Your wall can keep you out of heaven......You are your own worse enemies....Your exclusion of others is to your own determent.
The difference is that you, Confrinting are a "self-appointed minister" with an underlying
unchristian "hostile" attitude that condemns EVERYONE else's faith and salvation in Jesus Christ because it doesn't ' fit into your own (opinionated) bible only "cracker box" preaching!!! If anyone " is at war against the TRUE body of Christ ---it is YOU and your misguided and mis- directed "man-made" Protestant ministry that has ( rejected) the TRUTH of the TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ with regards to Matthew 16 :13-21 and His One TRUE Apostolic (Universal-
Catholic Church beginning with His first visible, hierarchical, authoritative Church with Bishops, priests, deacons and elders in Acts 2.---The proof that you are "truly" at war with the Body of Christ is by your "blatant, defiant and rebellious rejection" of the Eucharist ---Our Lords TRUE body and blood that he (clearly) gives to us in John 6:47-59 also written in the other Gospels of Matthew, Mark and Luke as Jesus tells us again and again!!!!"For unless you eat my body (which is real food) and drink my blood (which is real drink)-----you CANNOT have eternal life!
I suggest that you come to these "historical and biblical TRUTHS of the Gospel of Jesus before you continue " throwing around" any more of your distorted half-truth, half-heresy bible only Christianity!!

Location hidden

#525889 Mar 31, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I got the gist of it.
Dan Brown's Bunkology!
Like hell you did dear.

What was the "jist"?

Location hidden

#525890 Mar 31, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> The Genesis story gives an account of what happened and why, Not when it happened.
The Oral Tradition would have been much earlier than when it (Bible) was actually written, you're assuming the other story of the Flood is older, it is, more than likely, the same flood, not really "stolen" just wrote about at different time
Good point.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#525891 Mar 31, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
If one is a "miracle worker", then it stands to reason that the miracles they perform would be "on cue". Correct?
<quoted text>
Nope.
You make the mistake of thinking I said that they ARE miracle workers June.
I STARTED my remark with "IF" dear.
My words hold true June. If one is an actual miracle worker, then yes, their "miracles" would be on cue.
You keep speaking in absolutes when the real truth is you have NO idea. ALL of your anger is based upon what other humans did or said, but at the same time, your own posts reveal your own doubt .
Your position is unsupportable June. There is no way to prove it. None..
You have placed yourself in your own trap June.
You are either lying about what I post, or you don't know any better ... so I will again ignore you.

I suggest that you are about 12 years of age and are certain that Dan Brown fed you truth.

Hopefully you will grow up and realize that you know that you don't know what you thought you knew.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#525892 Mar 31, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually they wish I would go away and stop interrupting their sermons that they are trying in VAIN to convince their selves are based on absolute truth.
If only they could agree with those promoting other sermons as truth ... they might have a leg of "truth" to stand on.
But watch them fight over who knows truth from "god" and you will see their huffing and puffing amounts to hot air and over-invested illusion.
I don't think so June. I believe they think you will be amazed by their wisdom.

Like "to heck with the geological record and the National Academy of Sciences. I see it now."

Then you will go out a build an ark.

That's what they have planned for you :o)

I have the one true God, so they know their delusional gods will have no effect.

Ramen

Location hidden

#525893 Mar 31, 2014
<quoted text>
Are there any built-to-scale replicas of the Biblical ark floating today?
I can't imagine why not?(sigh)
Yep. There sure is a floating replica.
http://www.today.com/news/life-size-noahs-ark...

You were saying?

Location hidden

#525894 Mar 31, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You took my post out of context.
One cannot write a book such as the bible that claims to speak FOR "God" and at the same time claim that humans cannot know the mind of "God" because "God" is beyond all human understanding.
There is a huge lie in their midst.
It is in context June.
I showed you the other side of the sword you swing.
>YOU< do the same as they, and profess to know what is impossible for a human to know and furthermore is impossible to prove.
Your "sin: is greater than theirs dear. Theirs has a possibility of proof. Yours does not.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#525895 Mar 31, 2014
Every ancient religion had it's creation myth. But (for instance) the Chinese creation-myths didn't please the Christians and so the Christians wanted the Chinese to "conform" their theologies to fit Christian myths.

Religion is NOT good.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

"the concern for the study of Chinese cosmogony on the part of the missionaries resulted in a frustration over not finding anything that resembled the Christian doctrine of a rational creator God."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_creation...

Location hidden

#525896 Mar 31, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are either lying about what I post, or you don't know any better ... so I will again ignore you.
I suggest that you are about 12 years of age and are certain that Dan Brown fed you truth.
Hopefully you will grow up and realize that you know that you don't know what you thought you knew.
Thank you for proving my point June.

Dan Brown's book says RIGHT ON THE COVER "A work of fiction".

You attempt to ignore me, but you can not and will not. My questions and points hit home dear.
<smile>

"Hopefully you will grow up and realize that you know that you don't know what you thought you knew."
I will assume you intended that to make sense.

What I DO know June, is that your position is illogical and irrational. You have NO way to prove it. NONE.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#525897 Mar 31, 2014
<quoted text>
I don't think so June. I believe they think you will be amazed by their wisdom.
Like "to heck with the geological record and the National Academy of Sciences. I see it now."
Then you will go out a build an ark.
That's what they have planned for you :o)
I have the one true God, so they know their delusional gods will have no effect.
Ramen
Stupid humans have built a supposed "ark" and it has become a tourist attraction for religious dreamers.

They have fake animals here and there, because they know how stupid it is to believe that a man could take wild animals on a boat and make them behave as robots.

Ridiculous JUNK!

hojo

Excelsior, MN

#525898 Mar 31, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah ... but did you ask your self if Jesus had anything to do with the pope's idea, or if the pope came up with the idea on his own?
After all ... everything about Jesus was written "by" men.
Yes--------men inspired by the Holy Spirit of God who are led by faith, inspiration, prayerful wisdom and meditative guidance to listen and received Our Lords spiritual revelations. You wouldn't know ANYThING about that because you, June, are to busy "stuck" in the doldrums of your atheistic "nothingness" that hate , hostility, antagonism and animosity toward God , Jesus Christ and His Church has become the "confines" of your way of everyday life !!!! One would think that a person of your age would have (by now) attained some degree of wisdom, faith, understanding and knowledge in your life !!!
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#525899 Mar 31, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point.
Why ignore the amazing DNA evidence we now have, and the lack of geological evidence?

Must one's faith be based on ancient mythology? Cannot one's faith evolve with knowledge?

You KNOW now that bats bare not birds. Right?

Come to the one true God, the moral God, the God without petty human emotions.

Ramen

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min It aint necessari... 794,327
Dead Trigger 2 cheats android 11 min kanha panda 1
Nimble Quest Hack Android [ + iOS ] 14 min kanha panda 1
Boom Beach Hack 2015 17 min kanha panda 1
# 1 Interracial Dating Site for Interracial sin... 1 hr chicagodating 4
Interracial Dating in Chicago, Chicago Interrac... 1 hr interracialchicag... 4
gigolo 1 hr hardii53f63db 1
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 hr Palestine will pr... 120,657
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr AntiqueAnnie 607,103
Scientific proof for God's existence 3 hr lightbeamrider 514