Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 699657 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#526261 Apr 1, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps.
Who or what "created" man then?
I don't believe in creation. I believe it's quite possible the universe always existed. But that is only a guess on my part. I really don't know the answers.

If I knew the answers I would have tangible proof ... not in words plucked from a book, but REAL proof that can't BE disputed as being based on a lie.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#526262 Apr 1, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>

Next time, just admit it like an adult and move on.
I did. Do you have another learning disability besides reading comprehension?
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#526263 Apr 1, 2014
<quoted text>
We give up.
Do you know?
Or, do you have an opinion that you can articulate?
Aquarius claims to have "contacts." I could have misunderstood. Maybe what was meant was contacts rather than glasses for the eyes.

:)
Skipper Tom

Bunker Hill, IL

#526264 Apr 1, 2014
Putin's secret? Check the link below.

http://beforeitsnews.com/prophecy/2014/03/tel...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#526265 Apr 1, 2014
Robert F wrote:
Peace
Shun too great a desire for knowledge, for in it there is much fretting and delusion. Intellectuals like to appear learned and be called wise. Yet there are many things the knowledge of which does little or no good to the soul, and he who concerns himself about other things than those which lead to salvation is very unwise.
(The Imitation of Christ, Thomas a Kempis
Chapter 2 Having a Humble Opinion of Oneself)
Peace
In religion there is no such thing as a humble opinion. Those who claim that gods exist always make the gods believe they same as the believers.

THAT is no coincidence.

Your Christian CENTER and Jesus are all one package tied with a ribbon and cute little bow ... according to YOU.

Arrogance!!!

Location hidden

#526266 Apr 1, 2014
<quoted text>
We give up.
Do you know?
Or, do you have an opinion that you can articulate?
Hell, I don't have the foggiest idea of how it all started. Neither do you or any other mere human that I have ever heard of. I avoid worrying about it too.
It is irrelevant to the current reality here
For all I know it was a combination of every theory that has ever been proposed on the matter.

Since time has been proven to be other than a one way linear straight timeline of constant and consistent "units" of measuring time, as was long thought, then there may well have never been a "beginning" and will not have an "end" either.

Do you accept that Einstein and others proved that time units of measure (minutes, hours, etc.) do not remain consistent in their lengths when traveling at incredible speeds in space?
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#526267 Apr 1, 2014
Robert F wrote:
Peace
...Now the remembrance of evil or rancor is one thing, loss of temper or rage another, annoyance another, and disturbance of the mind yet another.
You are the type that would never show your anger, because you believe anger is beneath you.

You should be angry at those such as your Catholic popes that ordained the burning of innocent humans at the stake ... but you are complacent and void of feelings on the issue one way or the other.

"HO HUM" is your attitude. "God will save the Catholic saints that burned the Jews at the stake, because they believed Jesus was and is their savior."

The so-called Catholic saints such as John Chrysostom were murderers, plain and simple.

Yet you YAWN and sleep in the idea that they and of course YOU, will be saved.

You are not honest with you, much less with others.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#526268 Apr 1, 2014
Humanity's enemy is NOT religion.
It is Fanaticism.
Where there is religion, there is always fanaticism.

"MY religion is based on truth and yours is based on lies."

Location hidden

#526269 Apr 1, 2014
Humanity's enemy is NOT religion.
It is Fanaticism.
Nope.
Humanity's enemy is, more often than not, humanity itself.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#526270 Apr 1, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again.
Many Gnostics believe they are on the same level of awareness "spiritually" as God. And of course they mean the HOLY god ... not the EVIL god.
I believe as are all religious preachers, they are all full of hot air.
I don't think they thought that they were on the same "Level" as God, as much so ,that they thought enough pray and meditation would spiritually connect them with a "Higher Plain" ( Spirit )

Location hidden

#526271 Apr 1, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again.
Many Gnostics believe they are on the same level of awareness "spiritually" as God. And of course they mean the HOLY god ... not the EVIL god.
I believe as are all religious preachers, they are all full of hot air.
Oh for cripe's sake June.
You said the same thing (although ^there^ you reword it).
My point stands.
If one is "on the same level of awareness "spiritually" as God" (deal directly with God), then that pretty much makes all the churches irrelevant as they do not need an outside mediator or translator..
Correct?

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#526272 Apr 1, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:

Your Gnostic (knowledge-able) blather about Jesus is JUST THAT! Blather.
Why don't you preach about Ichuc in your sermons.
It isn't as impressive as the word Jesus ... is IT "New age spiritual leader???"
Bunkology!

New Age wrote:

Well - if I wanted to promote an Irish charity, I would have mentioned it. But since I am not, your suggestion is bologna, like alot of whatyou post.

Don't you find it odd, that when I did a search of Ichuc, I get alot of items, but nothing on Jesus.

Maybe what you are reading is in error. You so-called "Christians" are funny like that....always trying to pull the wool over another's eyes.

http://www.bing.com/search ...
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Signs & Symbols in Christian Art - Page 150 - Google Books
George Ferguson, &#8206;George Wells Ferguson - 1959 - &#8206;Art
I H S, I H C: These letters are the first three letters of Ihsus, or Ihcuc, the name of Jesus in Greek. The S and the C are variant forms in the Greek alphabet.
https://www.google.ca/#q=Ihcuc+greek+for+Jesu...
You are grasping at straws as you are falling down.

"the name of Jesus in Greek"

Names change, but meanings stay the same. You are still talking about Jesus.

Please state the differences you see between Greek Jesus (Ihcuc) and the biblical Jesus.

As a supposed Atheist - you really don't know much about what you post. You sound more like an uniformed so-called "Christian" than the self-professed Atheist you call yourself.

Back to Atheist 101 with you.

CJ - can you please help her?

:o)

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#526273 Apr 1, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
As I stated, all people of religions believe they are "knowledgeable."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
Islamic Gnosticism with Sean Martin, author of 'The Gnostics' & 'Alchemy and the Alchemists'
One of the most neglected vehicles of Gnosis transmitted throughout history is Islamic Gnosticism. Although Sufism is widely regarded in esoteric and even exoteric circles these days, the reality is that the Muslim matrix contains various other Gnostic sects, some older than and some deriving from Islam. There is an argument to be made that Muhammad himself was influenced by Gnosticism. Furthermore, the wisdom and legends of Jesus have a long tradition in Islam that is almost unknown in The West (and often far more mystical than mainstream Christianity). We explore how the Gnostic spirit penetrated, thrived and evolved within the Islamic culture; and how it later flowed back into Western Culture in many incarnations. Our guest also discloses additions to the second edition of his lauded book that include virgin insights into Alchemy and the French Troubadours (both who are arguably influenced by Muslim Gnosticism).
http://www.thegodabovegod.com/shop/index.php...
The Muslim also think that they're gonna be rewarded with 72 virgins for blowing themselves and Innocents up, but they will actually be reincarnated as a 7/11 cashier serving up slurppies.. it's funny how Abraham's sons ( Issac, Ishmael ) spawned the 2 biggest religions in the world, isn't it? they have been at war with each other for thousands of years..

Location hidden

#526274 Apr 1, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
As I stated, all people of religions believe they are "knowledgeable."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
Islamic Gnosticism with Sean Martin, author of 'The Gnostics' & 'Alchemy and the Alchemists'
One of the most neglected vehicles of Gnosis transmitted throughout history is Islamic Gnosticism. Although Sufism is widely regarded in esoteric and even exoteric circles these days, the reality is that the Muslim matrix contains various other Gnostic sects, some older than and some deriving from Islam. There is an argument to be made that Muhammad himself was influenced by Gnosticism. Furthermore, the wisdom and legends of Jesus have a long tradition in Islam that is almost unknown in The West (and often far more mystical than mainstream Christianity). We explore how the Gnostic spirit penetrated, thrived and evolved within the Islamic culture; and how it later flowed back into Western Culture in many incarnations. Our guest also discloses additions to the second edition of his lauded book that include virgin insights into Alchemy and the French Troubadours (both who are arguably influenced by Muslim Gnosticism).
http://www.thegodabovegod.com/shop/index.php...
June, again;
What are the differences, if any, between "religion" and "spirit"?

Your cut and paste crap ain't getting it done June. USE your gourd. Use YOUR words dear.
Give it a go.

Albuquerque, NM

#526275 Apr 1, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
The idea that a brilliant race of humans came from another star to pollute the earth with dumbed-down humans is about as silly as any myths yet created.
GOOD GRIEF!!!
Why would these brilliant ones dump such refuse on earth. After all ... what did earth ever do to hurt THEM that they would hold such a grudge???
There is more evidence to an ET seeding Earth than there is that a god created us.

Location hidden

#526276 Apr 1, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe in creation. I believe it's quite possible the universe always existed. But that is only a guess on my part. I really don't know the answers.
If I knew the answers I would have tangible proof ... not in words plucked from a book, but REAL proof that can't BE disputed as being based on a lie.
Fair enough, and finally an honest answer.
Thanks.

Albuquerque, NM

#526277 Apr 1, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
In what way is squat pot different than marijuana?
The absence of THC in hemp.

But you as a so-called "Christian" wouldn't understand these things, because you seem to still be living under a rock.

:o)

Location hidden

#526278 Apr 1, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Aquarius claims to have "contacts." I could have misunderstood. Maybe what was meant was contacts rather than glasses for the eyes.
:)
LMAO
Michael

Canada

#526279 Apr 1, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not!.........You deny "everything else" that is proven to be historically and biblically True from over 2000 years of Jesus Christs One True Universal Catholic Church ..........Why get off your bible only fictitious opinions NOW when you can continue to play your bible verses misquoting and mis-interpreting of Sacred Scripture which has become the entire basis of your man- made religious beliefs !!!!!
(lol)

Location hidden

#526280 Apr 1, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>

You should be angry at those such as your Catholic popes that ordained the burning of innocent humans at the stake ... but you are complacent and void of feelings on the issue one way or the other.
Are you serious? Really?
Have and hold anger against folks that have been dead for centuries? Really?
That's fruitcake territory June.
What current purpose would that serve for crying out loud?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 6 min Rednek 72,885
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr eggosaurus 995,175
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Big Al 447,502
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr Wisdom of Ages 6,841
James Comey's conflicted TWO FACES 1 hr Big Al 155
yellow root buyers (Jul '09) 5 hr Ford Man 53
Rodney King beating and the WTC Jumpers 6 hr Doctor REALITY 15