Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 595765 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#525706 Mar 30, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Sera, I don't wanna get into anything. These fundies hate your Orthodox faith. Nuff said. Don't butt in on their behalf just to disagree with me when you know the relationship of our two faiths. Because let me tell you something, if we were all on an island, they would kick us (if not kill us) off and immediately turn their sights on the Orthodox.
Oh I don't think so...I am not as arrogant as you are towards them...I know how they feel about the orthodox faith to some degree but it is the catholic church here with you Catholic's on this forum that is trying to prove to them that the catholic church is the True Church..not me....also...IF WE were all on an island and I had to be there with you Catholic's I would find me the nearest volcano and jump in....
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#525707 Mar 30, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Blah Blah Blah...polly what a cracker....
The TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One and only one TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church is the "Only thing" that needs to be repeated over and over and over again to ALL of you anti-Catholics who have "rejected the Fullness of the faith and the Fullness of the TRUTH that has existed for over 2000 years! NOTHING else needs to be said ---or---- is worth saying on this forum!!!
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#525708 Mar 30, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Your full of pinto beans......as many times as you have repeated this song and dance you still don't believe it do you? If you did, you wouldn't have to try so hard in convincing others.
I don't need ANY convincing because I know ( without a doubt) what 2000 years of the historical and biblical TRUTH is! While bible only fundies, atheists, agnostics and other anti-Catholics have chosen to reject the at TRUTH of Jesus Christs one True Catholic Church, I have chosen to "defend it" against the distortions, lies, deceit and heresy that has (unsuccessfully) tried to destroy and undermine Jesus Christs One a True Church for the past 2000 years .
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#525709 Mar 30, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The movie "Noah" will be a problem for "Bible only" Christians. But for Catholics, it'll be ok. The reason being is that you people do not understand what the Bible is or where it came from. You see the words and think every little word was put there by God Himself. The story of Noah is a sad story about mankind's rebellious nature against the Creator. God (the Creator) destroyed the world by a flood. THAT"S the word of God.
You'll see the movie and see that it didn't go exactly like the Bible said, but it shouldn't matter, because when it comes to the overall theme, it hit the nail right on the head.
That's the message God was trying to convey to us when He inspired the authors of the Bible. God wasn't trying to reveal an historical event for our earthly records. He didn't reveal this so archeologist could have fun searching for the ark.
He didn't reveal Jonah and the Whale so people like you can tell a cute story about a great fish that swallowed a man! That's not the word of God, per se. The meaning behind Jonah and the whale is the word of God. That we must not run from Him. Repent because He loves us.
...You really believe this story?

...A man named Noah spends years building the biggest boat ever built. People all around including a man name LIAM ask Noah why are you building such a massive boat? Noah says because me and my family and every pair of animals from every corner of the earth will be saved and all you others will not......he sets sail on his boat while everyone including Liam stand at the dock waves by by, drowns, and Noah and his family live happily ever after.

...Do you also believe in Balaams talking Donkey? That's in the OT too.

Unbelievable!

.....About as much credence as the 3 little pigs and Goldie locks.
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#525710 Mar 30, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
The Israelite faith is NOT the Catholic faith. Within common sense theology ... Mary stayed faithful to Judaism. So what IS her image doing in Catholic churches???
The lies are plain to see!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
From the book Signs & Symbols in Christian Art
The Purification
Mary, the mother of Christ , being of the Israelite faith, obeyed the law.
Why don't you have another donut you albino gorilla!
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#525711 Mar 30, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Oh I don't think so...I am not as arrogant as you are towards them...I know how they feel about the orthodox faith to some degree but it is the catholic church here with you Catholic's on this forum that is trying to prove to them that the catholic church is the True Church..not me....also...IF WE were all on an island and I had to be there with you Catholic's I would find me the nearest volcano and jump in....
That's a little xtreme don't ya think? I think it would help if we didn't us the word "Church" from now on. It seems you automatically create division with that. Lets use the words: "Catholicism and Orthodoxy" . I think the teachings of Catholicism and Orthodoxy are too similar to have any serious division. I've told you a thousand times, I Love Orthodoxy. I've walked past the doors of Holy Trinity Orthodox Church (St. Paul, mn) my whole life, I peeked inside at thier beautiful icons. I could see part of their Easter Mass, when they started it outside in procession with incense. I thought it was all cool. I think they are part of the same faith as me and were started by the Apostles. What more do u want?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#525712 Mar 30, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Oh I don't think so...I am not as arrogant as you are towards them...I know how they feel about the orthodox faith to some degree but it is the catholic church here with you Catholic's on this forum that is trying to prove to them that the catholic church is the True Church..not me....also...IF WE were all on an island and I had to be there with you Catholic's I would find me the nearest volcano and jump in....
...Jump into a volcano!

...Who is going to make meals for Nick?

...You better think this over.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#525713 Mar 30, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya have to admit that this forum gives a lot of entertainment for free.
:)
Yes, it can...providing you wear the proper rain gear....and wash your hands regularly.

Location hidden

#525714 Mar 30, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One and only one TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church is the "Only thing" that needs to be repeated over and over and over again to ALL of you anti-Catholics who have "rejected the Fullness of the faith and the Fullness of the TRUTH that has existed for over 2000 years! NOTHING else needs to be said ---or---- is worth saying on this forum!!!
Blah Blah Blahhhhhh

Location hidden

#525715 Mar 30, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...Jump into a volcano!
...Who is going to make meals for Nick?
...You better think this over.
Why you are Miguel....I ship him to you lol...

Location hidden

#525716 Mar 30, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it can...providing you wear the proper rain gear....and wash your hands regularly.
don't forget the boots lol

Location hidden

#525717 Mar 30, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Jesus also baptize Solomon into Catholicism???
Just wondering!
No. But I think he may have stolen his "keys".

Location hidden

#525718 Mar 30, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a little xtreme don't ya think? I think it would help if we didn't us the word "Church" from now on. It seems you automatically create division with that. Lets use the words: "Catholicism and Orthodoxy" . I think the teachings of Catholicism and Orthodoxy are too similar to have any serious division. I've told you a thousand times, I Love Orthodoxy. I've walked past the doors of Holy Trinity Orthodox Church (St. Paul, mn) my whole life, I peeked inside at thier beautiful icons. I could see part of their Easter Mass, when they started it outside in procession with incense. I thought it was all cool. I think they are part of the same faith as me and were started by the Apostles. What more do u want?
Its not a matter of what I want.... Its a matter of the truth....You can tell me a million times what you think of Orthodoxy..it doesn't score any points with me. We are different ...you and me, and Iets just keep it that way....

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#525719 Mar 30, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it would help if we didn't us the word "Church" from now on.
I agree! If Jesus lived he would favor the word Temple.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

From the book Signs & Symbols in Christian Art

The Presentation at the Temple, and the Circumcision. After Jesus was born, all the requirements of the law of Moses with respect to an infant son were fulfilled, including His presentation at the Temple and His circumcision (Luke 2).

Location hidden

#525720 Mar 30, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
It would help if you had any ability to understand words that make p sentences....
I did not receive eternity!!! I received the gift of Salvation.....
You spelled "salivation" wrong.....
truth

Warnbro, Australia

#525721 Mar 30, 2014
very sad
orthodox is not deference as you think
from others
orthodox represent bread like catholic
orthodox have saints too
orthodox have angels and archangels

its written they going in unity on the end will be like that
you liked or not

Location hidden

#525723 Mar 30, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...You really believe this story?
...A man named Noah spends years building the biggest boat ever built. People all around including a man name LIAM ask Noah why are you building such a massive boat? Noah says because me and my family and every pair of animals from every corner of the earth will be saved and all you others will not......he sets sail on his boat while everyone including Liam stand at the dock waves by by, drowns, and Noah and his family live happily ever after.
...Do you also believe in Balaams talking Donkey? That's in the OT too.
Unbelievable!
.....About as much credence as the 3 little pigs and Goldie locks.
Come on Miguel, have you ever seen Frances the Talking Mule? LOL
truth

Warnbro, Australia

#525724 Mar 30, 2014
brime
br.ime
br=broj=number ime=name
what you talking confo

God of Mercy stay upon us.

Location hidden

#525725 Mar 30, 2014
truth wrote:
very sad
orthodox is not deference as you think
from others
orthodox represent bread like catholic
orthodox have saints too
orthodox have angels and archangels
its written they going in unity on the end will be like that
you liked or not
Orthodox has bread Catholic has waffles...Not...all Orthodox will reunite Thank God for that
truth

Warnbro, Australia

#525726 Mar 30, 2014
you mean speaking with donkey

as angel

mule are between horse and donkey

as well people say ear from donkey or mule its making cross with ear

they have samar=place where you sit but two cross back and front

samar=brime kg

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Hidingfromyou 853,387
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 8 min raj bottom 250
Fondling my nipples drives me wild (Dec '14) 12 min andet1987 9
Will the world end in the middle of 2016? 15 min andet1987 12
"Hey!!!! Do you think I have an ODD-SHAPED HEAD... 17 min Doctor REALITY 7
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 18 min andet1987 6,108
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 25 min Jac 100,658
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Alice Cooper 444,089
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Name appears on post 612,583
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 4 hr Seriously__ 5,786