Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683541 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525988 Mar 31, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church proclaims itself to be the church that Jesus Christ died for, the church that was established and built by the apostles.
Well ... rumor has it that the apostles were actually building a Jewish temple in which to worship ADONAI, that had nothing to do with an expected savior.

But then, those theologians never could get their stories straight.

:)

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#525989 Mar 31, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
You wonder what MY true beliefs are? Thats easy, open up the catechism. Thats what I believe. Its straight from the Bible.
I have the utmost respect for Sacred Scripture. You say I put it down? Thats ridiculous. I put down your interpretations as well as Confrint oldgg and others. I believe you have a good heart. But I dont think your opinion of the Bible is the word of God. I think many of you approach the Sacred Scriptures recklessly. Almost in idolatry fashion. I take issue with the embarrassing ignorance from men like Ken Ham. I think the JW's and the Ox's have perverted the Bible. I hate the fact that Catholic martyrs by the thousands - including the firsts 30 Popes - were executed brining the true Gospel to the world, only to have fundies reverse everything they died for. I also cant stand the venomous lies spewed towards us by the modern born again movement.
I'm not even talking interpretation..I'm saying first you guys,say the apostles didn't write...or the disciples,till years,later...then say their writings,ars gone..if so WHAT DID THE COPYISTS,copy.

I think their writings...though not complete,..in the form of letters,were around in the different Churches..THERE was,scripture before the bible was put together ...did Peter John etc have scribes...most likely as did Paul ...the churches,communicated...about Jesus..his,teachings..they were,JEWS,..they believed He was,Messiah ...yer theses,Jews,who were ingrained with writings,NEVER wrote a,thing f or at least thirty years...nonsense,...
And then these,C a Catholics,COPYISTS,put together the bible b or from w works,YOU SAID were,gone..

That's,what I keep telling you..

The e a key Church had scripture of Jesus..Just not a,whole bible ..

All scripture is,God inspired..

You all praise the letters,and Opinions,of the early Fathers, but you do seem to say scripture unless,it's,in your catechism is not real.

My catechism was a bunch of questions and answers...I'm sure most was based,on scripture..it was,NOT a,bible ..

Jesus,did not need scholars to explain His,words.. but like everything clear...scholars,obscure it
To make themselves,indispensable ...

I'll bet God,looks, a t some theology and thinks...why so many words,, when I was s leaking to
The common people ....And laughs .....unless,we hit each o her over the head with it..or kill each other over it..

He came to be Lord...teach us...drink the,Cup of our Sin and free us..to call us TO HIM ...and it does,not take a college degree,to explain it ......he,is,the source of Love ...slain for us..
Sorry you do Clay
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525990 Mar 31, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
You!!! The anti-Christ? Come to end the world? Who would have guessed.
Geez Junith, I told you they you are special.
Frankly, I thought the anti-Christ (you) would appear somewhere else rather than Topix.
This is somewhat anti-climatic if you ask me.
Just do what you have to do :o)
Rahahahamen
And by the way, it was not me that was targeted as the anti-Christ this time. It was somebody else's turn.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#525991 Mar 31, 2014
Make it seem less than it is...it's God's word...

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#525992 Mar 31, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are playing on the word "Christ."
Only Christians follow the doctrine of Jesus Christ.
What you believe could be anything ... but rest assured it's some form or other of goofy religion.
Christians follow the Doctrine of man. Religions such as Christianity is nothing but a way to control and bond you to them and the Church. God is not confined to them four walls anymore than he is by a certain sects Doctrine.. you're the one following the goofy religion of atheism. atheist get amendment protection just as any religion, making them a religion. there "churches" and "sermons" blah blah blah. so June, you're no better than the die hard Christian. they call it Apologetics when it's done in Defense, what's it called when it's done in Persecution, Killing the Innocent? no June, you and others like you are the goofy ones..If you believe it oh so true, that God and Jesus are non exist, then why do you argue till you're blue in the face about it, all you gotta do is walk away from this thread.. you can't and you know why you can't! I mean, what's the point of staying here and arguing about something you don't believe?
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#525993 Mar 31, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
More truth you can deny.....
The Roman Catholic Church contends that its origin is the death, resurrection, and ascension of Jesus Christ in approximately A.D. 30. The Catholic Church proclaims itself to be the church that Jesus Christ died for, the church that was established and built by the apostles.
Is that the true origin of the Catholic Church? On the contrary. Even a cursory reading of the New Testament will reveal that the Catholic Church does not have its origin in the teachings of Jesus or His apostles. In the New Testament, there is no mention of the papacy, worship/adoration of Mary (or the immaculate conception of Mary, the perpetual virginity of Mary, the assumption of Mary, or Mary as co-redemptrix and mediatrix), petitioning saints in heaven for their prayers, apostolic succession, the ordinances of the church functioning as sacraments, infant baptism, confession of sin to a priest, purgatory, indulgences, or the equal authority of church tradition and Scripture. So, if the origin of the Catholic Church is not in the teachings of Jesus and His apostles, as recorded in the New Testament, what is the true origin of the Catholic Church?
Who screwed up Christianity?

If you say the Catholics, then that means poor Jesus lost 1500+ years because "God's Teachings" somehow fell into the wrong hands.

How inept do you want Jesus to seem?

Tell us about the teachings of Jesus instead. I think Jesus would prefer that.

Ramen
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525994 Mar 31, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Not again!
"Bald-face liar" ???
OK, we get it. You did not go to a Catholic School.
It's their way of showering others with "love."

June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525995 Mar 31, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<all you gotta do is walk away from this thread..
Now stop being pushy, pusherman. There's room for both your bullshit and mine on the forum.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#525996 Mar 31, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And by the way, it was not me that was targeted as the anti-Christ this time. It was somebody else's turn.
June, if you don't find that "Guy" creepy, there is something really wrong with you, and I would recommend you seek help Immediately for your depression. If you desire the attention of a creep like that, I feel very sorry for you..That dude is scum June! He is the lowest form of humanity that there is, preying on the weak and vulnerable, and the sad part is, he is probably doing it to even more Innocent and vulnerable than you! look at that creepy dudes post June.
Michael

Canada

#525997 Mar 31, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello!!! Again Hello!!!! It is unbelievable how you bible only "fundies" continue to spread your " if it's not in the bible -then it's not true ----(nonsense)----day after day!------- The One True (Universal Catholic) Church has 2000 years of authenticated, proven and verifiable Church History " to back it up" ----you keep playing your 21st century bible only "games" of (spin the bible verses) to make them mean only what you want them to mean "ignoring the documented writings of the vast majority of Church a Historians, Apologist authors and writers along with the biographical and historical lives of the Saints, all of which who lived and died for their Catholic Christian.faith and Salvation in Jesus Christ . You, Confrinting, continue to be "imprisoned" in the Protestant (darkness) of bible only half-truth half heresy Christianity in which modernistic ---relative Truth (personal opinion) is the " final authority"! You do speak for God and never will, until you come the True Faith and Salvation in Jesus Christ who has guided HIS Church through the centuries so that we celebrate the Fullness of the faith and the Fullness of the TRUTH with Our Lords True body and true blood in the Eucharist---John 6:47-59..
...(lol)
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#525998 Mar 31, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw after posting. I'm crushed.

Just know that to me, you are one heck of a great anti-Christ :o)

A multi-denominational one too!

Ramen
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525999 Mar 31, 2014
If they can't communicate it to other with words, I wonder why they "use" words to write about it?

>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

The Basic Gnostic View

The Gnostic path is a path of direct enlightenment or direct experience - inner subjective knowledge. Once gained, this experience cannot really be communicated to others with words.

http://www.gnostic-jesus.com/
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#526000 Mar 31, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> June, if you don't find that "Guy" creepy, there is something really wrong with you, and I would recommend you seek help Immediately for your depression. If you desire the attention of a creep like that, I feel very sorry for you..That dude is scum June! He is the lowest form of humanity that there is, preying on the weak and vulnerable, and the sad part is, he is probably doing it to even more Innocent and vulnerable than you! look at that creepy dudes post June.
Are you one of those Gnostics that is suffering from direct enlightenment that can't be explained by using words???

Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#526001 Mar 31, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Now stop being pushy, pusherman. There's room for both your bullshit and mine on the forum.
Some believeth their bullshit comes from Holy Cows.

Ramen
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#526002 Mar 31, 2014
Those who chose the dalai lama taught him that he was enlightened. And it seems that the teaching went to his head.

Nirvana for him, and countless incarnations yet for the "untouchables."

Sickening theology.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#526003 Mar 31, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
Good ..

Clay liked it and said only ,fundamentalists,would have a,problem with it.
He did not have a,good review,for Son of God..made by Catholics ..
I liked their bible series..some things,skipped over..but it's,a long story .
I will get the DVD or On Dem a nd of th a t movie .
Not a,penny for Noah and warning family

It sounds,awful from everyone who saw it...like al Gore wrote it ...the earth was destroyed because of environmental Sin ??

Too bad ..all that money for junk.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#526004 Mar 31, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You wouldn't be trying to give me false hope ... would you?
Your only HOPE June is,in opening your heart to the calling of Our Lord...

We,have been saying this,over and over ..but I'll say it one more time..God watch over you and keep you ...
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#526005 Mar 31, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> June, if you don't find that "Guy" creepy, there is something really wrong with you, and I would recommend you seek help Immediately for your depression. If you desire the attention of a creep like that, I feel very sorry for you..That dude is scum June! He is the lowest form of humanity that there is, preying on the weak and vulnerable, and the sad part is, he is probably doing it to even more Innocent and vulnerable than you! look at that creepy dudes post June.
If the Lord can forgive me, why can't you?

Here's an idea. Instead of harping on pineapples, butts, depression, and scum -- why not tell us about Jesus' teachings.

Like did Jesus ever sum up God's most important teachings?

If you know, why not start with the basics?

Come to the lite.

Ramen

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#526006 Mar 31, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
17 And Jesus answered him, Blessed art thou, Simon son of Jona; it is not flesh and blood, it is my Father in heaven that has revealed this to thee. 18 And I tell thee this in my turn, that thou art Peter, and it is upon this rock that I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it; 19 and I will give to thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
Confrint, you do not speak for God and are not a successor of the Apostles, therefore you are nothing more than a layman who quotes scripture and have no real understanding of of it.
THERE IS NOTHING ABOUT PETER BEING APPOINTED A POPE IN YOU ABOVE SCRIPTURE

iI don't deny Peter being an apostle..

but if there was to be a continuation of the dynasty of David ..Which the Roman Catholic Church as attempted to Hy-jack...

The one setting upon the throne would have been James the Brother of Jesus...

PETER WAS NOT OF THE LINAGE OF DAVID.

PETER
COULD NOT HAVE FULFILLED THE PROPHECY OF iSAIAH....NETHER COULD THE GENTILES THAT YOU CLAIM IN YOUR PAPAL SUCCESSION...

Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and

THE GOVERNMENT SHALL BE UPON HIS SHOULDERS: and

his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Isa 9:7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end,

UPON THE THRONE OF DAVID , and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever.

The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

YOU HOLY FATHERS WERE HALLUCINATING...

JESUS PREACHED ABOUT THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN..

.HE NEVER SAID ANY THING ABOUT A KINGDOM OR A PRINCE IN ROME ITALY

Since: Jul 08

Cleveland, OH

#526007 Mar 31, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Christians follow the Doctrine of man. Religions such as Christianity is nothing but a way to control and bond you to them and the Church. God is not confined to them four walls anymore than he is by a certain sects Doctrine.. you're the one following the goofy religion of atheism. atheist get amendment protection just as any religion, making them a religion. there "churches" and "sermons" blah blah blah. so June, you're no better than the die hard Christian. they call it Apologetics when it's done in Defense, what's it called when it's done in Persecution, Killing the Innocent? no June, you and others like you are the goofy ones..If you believe it oh so true, that God and Jesus are non exist, then why do you argue till you're blue in the face about it, all you gotta do is walk away from this thread.. you can't and you know why you can't! I mean, what's the point of staying here and arguing about something you don't believe?
I stay for the wafers myself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 31 min old_moose 15,223
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 55 min Gabriel 983,022
O.J. Simpson is about to be a free man once again. 3 hr Doctor REALITY 5
Dan Gilbert: Get off your arrogant (BLEEP!) B4 ... 3 hr Awesome Facts 5
Venting Against FAKE Americans 3 hr Awesome Facts 2
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr Born Again Past JW 619,683
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 hr Dees Nhutz 286,521
More from around the web