Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 679389 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Liam

Aurora, CO

#525926 Mar 31, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Was quite specific in saying I was going by what was said,by those who DID see it.
What WAS THE SIN..most said,it was an environmental movie.
How,many went on the Ark??
No babies..
The,main guy said He wanted it to have,universal appeal..sounds,like,Al Gore,is his,prophet.
What I don't get is,you put down a movie about Jesus..done by Catholics..but like,the atheists,movie.
You put down Scripture,all the,time Clay..in lieu of the,RCC being more correct..it's,YOUR bible not ours.
You'll do anything to put down our beliefs..and by the,way I have said nothing about the,second commandment ..
I have said to non Catholics,seeing a statue crowned..people,kissing the feet of statues, one could get that impression..I also said,I was never taught statue worship...
It did seem we,worshipped Mary with the crowning ..praying and singing to her.
I also specifically said I give no opinion on Mary any more as I don't actually know some,of the mysteries.
In the end GOD will reveal all If He Chooses...and when..therefore,it's,foolish to argue here..
Sorry ..I have to wonder what your true,beliefs,are,...or your reason for posting to cast doubt on God's word ..you seem to try to lead,people,away from Jesus words,in favor of your Churches,interpretation of them..be very careful you don't give fodder to the atheists,who think it's,ALL FICTION..Just a,thought ...
...but that's,between you and,GOD..
You wonder what MY true beliefs are? Thats easy, open up the catechism. Thats what I believe. Its straight from the Bible.
I have the utmost respect for Sacred Scripture. You say I put it down? Thats ridiculous. I put down your interpretations as well as Confrint oldgg and others. I believe you have a good heart. But I dont think your opinion of the Bible is the word of God. I think many of you approach the Sacred Scriptures recklessly. Almost in idolatry fashion. I take issue with the embarrassing ignorance from men like Ken Ham. I think the JW's and the Ox's have perverted the Bible. I hate the fact that Catholic martyrs by the thousands - including the firsts 30 Popes - were executed brining the true Gospel to the world, only to have fundies reverse everything they died for. I also cant stand the venomous lies spewed towards us by the modern born again movement.

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525927 Mar 31, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have to believe such silly stuff with the one true God,
UH HUH!

Your god has cooked noodles for brains, and that's why he's gone soft in the head.

:)
LTM

Kenora, Canada

#525928 Mar 31, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You Bible only Protestant " propagandists " seem to be (forever) stuck on your anti-catholic idol worship BS which is just more of the "same old lies, distortions and perverted deceptions that is spread throughout everyone one of your other 42,200 man-made denominations. I lived this "phony idol worship lie" for over 35 years as a bible only Protestant before God Our Father through his Son Jesus guided by the TRUTH of the Holy Spirit led me out of this bondage of anti-catholic Protestant " lies" coming to the historical and biblical TRUTH of Jesus Christ and hHis One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church........L. T. Misguided is what sets you (false teaching" fundies " apart from the Truth of the TRUE Salvation in Jesus Christ --in and through His One True Apostolic Catholic . God is not. The author of your bible only Protestant confusion , chaos and conflicting contradiction!!!
N,
HOJO, you keep insisting I am protestant, which I am not.
I do not believe in religious mumbo Jumbo, I believe in God.
Jesus did not create a religon you are right our church is universal .
He caming preaching the Kingdom of God.
No where in the 10 Commandments does God command us to follow the catholic church nor the protestant one.
We are to follow Jesus . I know you don't like the Bible but Hojo its Basic information for us to follow and learn about Our Lord and Savior.
It is inspired by God through the Holy Spirit .
So I would becareful Hojo what you say about it.
I have a large catholic Bible given to me by My husbands Nana.
I quote from it sometimes and compare it with the King James
It reads same as mine worded a little different but says the same thing
The catholic translation of it is whats the matter, got to pay attention to dots comma's and question marks Hojo. Or you turn the whole meaning of God's words into your own which is what I believe alot of the catholic fathers did. I am not the only one however.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525929 Mar 31, 2014
Noah was very troubled when his ark had to be paddled around the world because gas stations hadn't yet been invented.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525930 Mar 31, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
You wonder what MY true beliefs are? Thats easy, open up the catechism. Thats what I believe. Its straight from the Bible.
If the bible was based on truth ... why would you NEED a catechism???

Shouldn't the bible have told the whole story of how Jesus wanted the Jews slayed and the Catholics favored???

Silly people deserve to be fed on nothing but lies.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525931 Mar 31, 2014
The Catholics were not the only ones to go hog-wild over catechisms.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

A Puritan Catechism

The A Puritan Catechism, along with the A Puritan Confession were both compiled by Charles Spurgeon. Most notably, this catechism was published in 1855 when Spurgeon was only 21 years of age. On October 14 of that year, Spurgeon preached Sermon No. 46 to several thousand who gathered to hear him at New Park Street Chapel. When the sermon was published it contained an announcement of this catechism.

http://www.biblestudytools.com/history/creeds...

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525932 Mar 31, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus did not create a religon
The Catholics created the Jesus-myth and Catholicism IS a religion.

Those who believe in Jesus are Christian ... even the Christian Gnostics were and are Christians.

If they were not Gnostic Christians, they would be Gnostic Jews.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#525933 Mar 31, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
A natural phenomenon has no "intent" behind it. Is occurs because of some other natural occurrence.
For instance earthquakes do not occur because of an angry god's intention to harm humans. Scientists can explain how the earthquake was caused by other functions that occurred in the earth to in turn cause the earthquake.
Religious foolishness is totally archaic and nonsensical.
you're right June...A Nod Is As Good As A Wink... To A Blind Horse! I wish you well on your journey..

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525934 Mar 31, 2014
If the bible gave readers a plain message, no questions would be necessary and bible-studies would never have had a place in history.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

A Catechism is a manual of Christian doctrine drawn up in the form of questions and answers, especially one for religious instruction.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#525935 Mar 31, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If the bible was based on truth ... why would you NEED a catechism???
Shouldn't the bible have told the whole story of how Jesus wanted the Jews slayed and the Catholics favored???
Silly people deserve to be fed on nothing but lies.
Something bad has happened in your life, and your prayers wasn't answered and turned you plum cold.. seems like you're basing everything on what the monks and catholics are saying, instead of what Jesus was teaching.. Pathetic!

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525936 Mar 31, 2014
The Baltimore Complete Catechism

In the United States, a committee of American bishops of the Third Plenary Council of Baltimore, Maryland, published both a Larger Version and Smaller Version of this catechism in 1885. Also included here is the Baltimore Complete Catechism with 1400 questions and answers arranged in 37 lessons.

The Baltimore Larger Catechism

In the United States, a committee of American bishops of the Third Plenary Council of Baltimore, Maryland, published both a Larger Version and Smaller Version of this catechism in 1885. Also included here is the Baltimore Complete Catechism with 1400 questions and answers arranged in 37 lessons.

The Baltimore Smaller Catechism

The Episcopal Catechism

The Outline of the Faith commonly called the Catechism, from the "Book of Common Prayer" was first compiled in Philadelphia in 1789. Since then it as been amended several times including the last time in 1979.

The Heidelberg Catechism

The Heidelberg, or Palatinate, Catechism was compiled in Heidelberg by the German theologians Caspar Olevianus (1536-87) and Zacharias Ursinus (1534-83), at the request of the Elector Frederick III (1515-76) of the Palatinate. It was published in 1563 and has been translated into all the languages of Europe. It is the standard of the Dutch and German Reformed churches of America.

The Westminster Larger Catechism

The Larger and Shorter Catechisms, which, with the Westminster Confession of Faith, are the standard catechisms of the Presbyterian churches throughout the countries of the former British Empire and the U.S., were compiled by the Assembly of Divines at Westminster (1645-52). In July 1648, the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland adopted both the Larger and Shorter Catechisms.

The Westminster Shorter Catechism

The Larger and Shorter Catechisms, which, with the Westminster Confession of Faith, are the standard catechisms of the Presbyterian churches throughout the countries of the former British Empire and the U.S., were compiled by the Assembly of Divines at Westminster (1645-52). In July 1648, the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland adopted both the Larger and Shorter Catechisms.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525937 Mar 31, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> you're right June...A Nod Is As Good As A Wink... To A Blind Horse! I wish you well on your journey..
Well ... a blind horse hasn't much of a chance of having a pleasant journey ... right???

Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#525938 Mar 31, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
About 200 AD. That could mean 350 AD or 175 AD or any number. Provide an actual number not just your guess. Well Tango Bravo??????????
About 200 AD per "Midrash in Context: Exegesis in Formative Judaism".

No more exact date is reliably known.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525939 Mar 31, 2014
"God" must have called him home ... and he didn't yet WANT the other two ... YEAH RIGHT!!!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

California man washed out to sea during baptism

Two others were swept out by a huge wave but were able to swim to shore.

The US Coast Guard says the search for Mr Flores was called off at midnight on Sunday.

The baptism was just finishing up at 10:00 local time (17:00 GMT) on Sunday when the church members were hit by the wave.

"A big wave came and took Benito," Mr Cervantes told local broadcaster KEYT. "I tried to take him out, he was heavy and then another big wave came."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-26823...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#525940 Mar 31, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference is that you, Confrinting are a "self-appointed minister" with an underlying
unchristian "hostile" attitude that condemns EVERYONE else's faith and salvation in Jesus Christ because it doesn't ' fit into your own (opinionated) bible only "cracker box" preaching!!! If anyone " is at war against the TRUE body of Christ ---it is YOU and your misguided and mis- directed "man-made" Protestant ministry that has ( rejected) the TRUTH of the TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ with regards to Matthew 16 :13-21 and His One TRUE Apostolic (Universal-
Catholic Church beginning with His first visible, hierarchical, authoritative Church with Bishops, priests, deacons and elders in Acts 2.---The proof that you are "truly" at war with the Body of Christ is by your "blatant, defiant and rebellious rejection" of the Eucharist ---Our Lords TRUE body and blood that he (clearly) gives to us in John 6:47-59 also written in the other Gospels of Matthew, Mark and Luke as Jesus tells us again and again!!!!"For unless you eat my body (which is real food) and drink my blood (which is real drink)-----you CANNOT have eternal life!
I suggest that you come to these "historical and biblical TRUTHS of the Gospel of Jesus before you continue " throwing around" any more of your distorted half-truth, half-heresy bible only Christianity!!
You are lying ...... again....proof follows:

You are scared to death to face the truth...your ego is the size of an elephant...you have swallowed so much slop from your pope you have stayed blind and deaf...

Proof of my words: Your stupidity of looking in an English dictionary for the definition of a Greek word is stupidity at its most high!!!

Do what Christians do,,,show the definition of the Koine Greek word from which "church" was translated in Mt 16:18......and in many other verses.

You will not do so..because that would prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that you are a bald--face liar...

BTW...that definition can be found in your NABre.....
Prove me wrong!!!!!

Worth repeating!!!!
You will not do so..because that would prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that you are a bald--face liar...

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525941 Mar 31, 2014
Maybe we should hold "god" responsible for creating the waves that killed Mr. Cervantes ... RATHER than giving god credit for killing the poor man.

You can color the picture any shade you desire and tack truth on it ... because in religion ... any old story will DO!

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525942 Mar 31, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Something bad has happened in your life, and your prayers wasn't answered and turned you plum cold
If I sided with your believes you would credit me with WISDOM ... and you KNOW that is true.

I don't believe in your blathering nonsense any more than any other blathering nonsense, and that is what makes you irritable.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525943 Mar 31, 2014
beliefs

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#525944 Mar 31, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You Bible only Protestant " propagandists " seem to be (forever) stuck on your anti-catholic idol worship BS which is just more of the "same old lies, distortions and perverted deceptions that is spread throughout everyone one of your other 42,200 man-made denominations. I lived this "phony idol worship lie" for over 35 years as a bible only Protestant before God Our Father through his Son Jesus guided by the TRUTH of the Holy Spirit led me out of this bondage of anti-catholic Protestant " lies" coming to the historical and biblical TRUTH of Jesus Christ and hHis One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church........L. T. Misguided is what sets you (false teaching" fundies " apart from the Truth of the TRUE Salvation in Jesus Christ --in and through His One True Apostolic Catholic . God is not. The author of your bible only Protestant confusion , chaos and conflicting contradiction!!!
N,
You are lying ...... again....proof follows:

You are scared to death to face the truth...your ego is the size of an elephant...you have swallowed so much slop from your pope you have stayed blind and deaf...

Proof of my words: Your stupidity of looking in an English dictionary for the definition of a Greek word is stupidity at its most high!!!

Do what Christians do,,,show the definition of the Koine Greek word from which "church" was translated in Mt 16:18......and in many other verses.

BTW...that definition can be found in your NABre.....
Prove me wrong!!!!!

Worth repeating!!!!

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525945 Mar 31, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are lying ......
You should be nice to the Catholics, because without their religion Martin Luther wouldn't have been alive to create YOUR religion.

And without the Catholic religion ... all of you would be Jews now practicing Judaism.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 16 min River Tam 445,845
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 56 min River Tam 2,905
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Jake999 46,227
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr UidiotRACEMAKEWOR... 119,382
News Pieces of pig placed on plot of future mosque i... 4 hr discocrisco 1
News Fort Hood Anti-Muslim Backlash Immediate (Nov '09) 4 hr falsefaiths 11,286
Satin is my god (Mar '08) 4 hr Trump Worshiper 2,228
More from around the web