Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 685532 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#525871 Mar 31, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't know, but my animals follow me or come to me whenever I call them.
Just sayin'.
BTW< I never said it was stationary dear. Anyone who has ever thrown a stick into the water knows it never remains "stationary" once afloat. It weaves and bobs along with the current be it from water current or wind current.
Are there any built-to-scale replicas of the Biblical ark floating today?

I can't imagine why not?(sigh)

Ditch the Bronze Age delusions. Come to the lite of the true God.

Ramen
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#525872 Mar 31, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you are joking.
They flock to you like moths to a flame.

You have the power Junith.

Ramen

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#525873 Mar 31, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
What you KNOW???
Just as have been the Jews, the Muslims, the Hindus and the Buddhists, et cetera, you have been "programmed" to believe you know answers.
Interesting.
>YOU< claim to know what is completely unknowable, as your position is utterly impossible to prove.
Your position is not only illogical, it is irrational June.

Location hidden

#525874 Mar 31, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The KJV was compiled from data in the Bishop's bible.
How much truth do you reckon came to the KJV authors from that bible???
Don't know.
Neither do you dear.
<smile>
Liam

Aurora, CO

#525875 Mar 31, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you expect from atheists...
Agree I won't spend a penny and encouraging my family not to see it ...
I don't see,how,any CHRISTIAN OR JEW,would like it at all
Actually, it depicted God as well as any movie I've ever seen - even if they only called Him God once. The modern fundamentals incorporated allot of paranoia into their religion. Just look at your hysteria driven interpretation of the second commandment. Is it about mere statues or idol worship?? Its tough to tell from you all.
Anyway, I see you reviewing a movie that u havent seen.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525876 Mar 31, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
You think mental telepathy is bunk too June?
Are you familiar with the first language?
No! I believe that mental telepathy passed from humans to other humans is credible. But I believe that mental telepathy coming from supposed gods TO humans is BUNKOLOGY!

Having had many experiences myself with mental telepathy, I certainly won't debunk my own experiences.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525877 Mar 31, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting.
>YOU< claim to know what is completely unknowable, as your position is utterly impossible to prove.
Your position is not only illogical, it is irrational June.
You are lying. I have never claimed to know what I don't know. I have concepts or opinions ... that is all.

If you don' t behave I will ignore you "again."

Location hidden

#525878 Mar 31, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you expect from atheists...
Agree I won't spend a penny and encouraging my family not to see it ...
I don't see,how,any CHRISTIAN OR JEW,would like it at all
Did you see or read "The DaVinci Code"?
Why or why not?

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#525879 Mar 31, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The Christians stole the story from the Jews, who stole the story from other myth-makers, so what's your gripe?
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>
Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase & Fable by Ivor H. Evans … First published 1817.
Utnapishtim. The Babylonian counterpart of Noah, whose story is told in the GILGAMESH EPIC, and which has many notable resemblances to the BIBLE story. The Hebrews almost certainly derived their account from Babylonia.
The Genesis story gives an account of what happened and why, Not when it happened.

The Oral Tradition would have been much earlier than when it (Bible) was actually written, you're assuming the other story of the Flood is older, it is, more than likely, the same flood, not really "stolen" just wrote about at different time
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525880 Mar 31, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it depicted God as well as any movie I've ever seen
Hahahahahaha
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525881 Mar 31, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
They flock to you like moths to a flame.
Actually they wish I would go away and stop interrupting their sermons that they are trying in VAIN to convince their selves are based on absolute truth.

If only they could agree with those promoting other sermons as truth ... they might have a leg of "truth" to stand on.

But watch them fight over who knows truth from "god" and you will see their huffing and puffing amounts to hot air and over-invested illusion.

Location hidden

#525882 Mar 31, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:

<quoted text>
If one is a "miracle worker", then it stands to reason that the miracles they perform would be "on cue". Correct?
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you are joking.
Nope.
You make the mistake of thinking I said that they ARE miracle workers June.
I STARTED my remark with "IF" dear.

My words hold true June. If one is an actual miracle worker, then yes, their "miracles" would be on cue.

You keep speaking in absolutes when the real truth is you have NO idea. ALL of your anger is based upon what other humans did or said, but at the same time, your own posts reveal your own doubt .
Your position is unsupportable June. There is no way to prove it. None..

You have placed yourself in your own trap June.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525883 Mar 31, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> The Genesis story gives an account of what happened and why, Not when it happened.
The Oral Tradition would have been much earlier than when it (Bible) was actually written, you're assuming the other story of the Flood is older, it is, more than likely, the same flood, not really "stolen" just wrote about at different time
The story is a very old myth that was told over and over long before Christianity existed as a religion. Whether a flood occurred of such magnitude, is unlikely, but even if it did occur, I suggest it would be a natural phenomenon, and nothing whatsoever to do with an angry god destroying his own creation.

Such archaic nonsense ought to be let go, now that we know better.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525884 Mar 31, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you see or read "The DaVinci Code"?
Why or why not?
I got the gist of it.

Dan Brown's Bunkology!
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525885 Mar 31, 2014
If the word Gnostic didn't mean "knowledge" but rather meant "dumbed-down" ... I suggest there would have been no Gnostic religion.

The carrot that hangs on the STRING is that word "knowledge."
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525886 Mar 31, 2014
If the bibles had the word EVIL on their covers rather than the word HOLY ... there would have been no Christian religion.

Location hidden

#525887 Mar 31, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of them don't reply except to call me names.
They won't answer my questions that they should be asking of their selves ... such as "If Jesus lived, would he have stayed faithful ONLY to Judaism?"
They know that their religion is based on lies ... but they don't want to give up that image of heavenly bliss promised to them by the lying theologians.
"Most of them don't reply except to call me names."
Yes, and that fuels your hate and anger, which in turn brings you satisfaction when you post and repost your copy and paste sermon..

"They won't answer my questions that they should be asking of their selves"

I answer them June. I answer them with questions that >you< should be asking your own self dear.
Your position is unsupportable. You have no way whatsoever to prove it. None.

You have closed the door on possibility. That is a very weak, immature, selfish, and foolish thing to do.
Many a talented and intelligent "scientist" has done the same thing to their own craft.
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#525888 Mar 31, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Their ministry is not a career it is a calling from God as is mine..
.You Catholics are at war against the true body of Christ...Your wall can keep you out of heaven......You are your own worse enemies....Your exclusion of others is to your own determent.
The difference is that you, Confrinting are a "self-appointed minister" with an underlying
unchristian "hostile" attitude that condemns EVERYONE else's faith and salvation in Jesus Christ because it doesn't ' fit into your own (opinionated) bible only "cracker box" preaching!!! If anyone " is at war against the TRUE body of Christ ---it is YOU and your misguided and mis- directed "man-made" Protestant ministry that has ( rejected) the TRUTH of the TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ with regards to Matthew 16 :13-21 and His One TRUE Apostolic (Universal-
Catholic Church beginning with His first visible, hierarchical, authoritative Church with Bishops, priests, deacons and elders in Acts 2.---The proof that you are "truly" at war with the Body of Christ is by your "blatant, defiant and rebellious rejection" of the Eucharist ---Our Lords TRUE body and blood that he (clearly) gives to us in John 6:47-59 also written in the other Gospels of Matthew, Mark and Luke as Jesus tells us again and again!!!!"For unless you eat my body (which is real food) and drink my blood (which is real drink)-----you CANNOT have eternal life!
I suggest that you come to these "historical and biblical TRUTHS of the Gospel of Jesus before you continue " throwing around" any more of your distorted half-truth, half-heresy bible only Christianity!!

Location hidden

#525889 Mar 31, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I got the gist of it.
Dan Brown's Bunkology!
Like hell you did dear.

What was the "jist"?

Location hidden

#525890 Mar 31, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> The Genesis story gives an account of what happened and why, Not when it happened.
Good point.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 7 min Jeb Stewart 24,926
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 14 min DENG 39,257
Got any good jokes?? (Mar '07) 58 min Gray Box 1,830
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Aerobatty 985,597
Sade and Mel Blanc 1 hr Doctor REALITY 2
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr curtjester1 46,285
2510 Cantrell Road Walmart's FRIED CHICKEN is a... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 2
More from around the web