Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 681916 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525846 Mar 31, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Mt 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
Now that is a very silly scripture.

Men wrote all about what the gods expected of human performances, and then added that humans can't possible know what is beyond all human understanding to know.

If those theologians had been honest with their own philosophies ... their consciences wouldn't have allowed them to write about the supposed mentality of the supposed gods.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

In the second page of the King James version of the bible the words read as follows......

THE BIBLE

THIS BOOK REVEALS THE MIND OF GOD

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#525847 Mar 31, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest that all religion is nutty!
The gods should have killed the devils and that way they would have snuffed out all the evil of the devils.
However, even if there were no devils or hells, the humans would still have to be punished for disobeying the gods.
Hahahahahahaha
"I suggest that all religion is nutty!"
Religion, being manmade, is nutty? Why? Because all men are nutty?

"The gods should have killed the devils and that way they would have snuffed out all the evil of the devils."
Good point.
I shoulda washed all the dishes last night too, but didn't. hhhhhmmm man's image?

"However, even if there were no devils or hells, the humans would still have to be punished for disobeying the gods."
What? All religious leaders are democrats or liberals? Man's image?
Animal instinct?
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525848 Mar 31, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> No.. maybe ...
If you doubt that you are assured of heaven, then your belief that Jesus' saves is based on doubt ... NOT faith. And doubt will mean that you deserve to be rejected by Jesus and will go plummeting into hell.

Theologians knew that such fear of losing faith in the what they taught ... tied people to their cults.

"I won't doubt what you say "Master" theologian. You can lead me anywhere and I will follow ... without question."

Location hidden

#525849 Mar 31, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right. When I was in religion I was right. Now that I'm not in religion, I'm "still" right.
Hahahahahaha
What?
You finally realized your sword has two edges and you are just like all the rest of us?
Damnation !!!

Location hidden

#525850 Mar 31, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right. When I was in religion I was right. Now that I'm not in religion, I'm "still" right.
Hahahahahaha
BTW June, you are still IN religion dear. You try pulling everyone else's down and insist your "interpretation" is right and everyone else is wrong.
SAME damn MO as those you trash at every turn.
Funny how that works eh June.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525851 Mar 31, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The topix title on this forum that the TRUTH of the Roman Catholic Church being the only True a Church " hasn't changed since 2007.
Yeah ... but did you ask your self if Jesus had anything to do with the pope's idea, or if the pope came up with the idea on his own?

After all ... everything about Jesus was written "by" men.

It seems that the Jewish Rabbi had no mind of his own ... pun intended.

Location hidden

#525852 Mar 31, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Is there a Devil or Satan in Gnosticism?
Best AnswerVoter's Choice
ogdood answered 6 years ago
In Gnostic tradition the universe is divded into three levels of substance and reality: the Spiritual, the Natural (soul), and the Material.
Each level has its own theological principle:
Sophia is the goddess of the spiritual level, and she is in turn a proxy for the unknown Father who is in the Pleroma outside of this universe.
The God of the Natural level is the biblical Creator, who is judicial in character.
The god of the material level is Satan. Satan is evil and rules through brute force without any form of justice.
In Gnostic tradition the human race is divided into three classes: the Spiritual, the Natural, and the material. Each has its own "God" that it worships according to its own nature. Each can find its "God" in the pages of the Old Testament.
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...
Yahoo answers?
Yahoo answers where the ones providing the answers vote on who had the "best" answer?

Surely you jest June.
Be careful from where you procure "answers" dear. Your source is edited.
<smile>
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525853 Mar 31, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The Topix forum is quoting the lie the pope said....
The KJV was compiled from data in the Bishop's bible.

How much truth do you reckon came to the KJV authors from that bible???

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#525854 Mar 31, 2014
OldJG wrote:
This is the story of Noah according to an atheist. It is very sad this horrible lie is being portrayed as Biblical.
Should the Christian community line the pockets of this atheist with gold by purchasing tickets to this joke at the expense of God?
1. Only one son takes his wife on the Ark in the movie.
In the Bible all three sons had wives with them.
2. Noah decides who will be worthy board the Ark.
In the Bible it is GOD who chooses.
3. The son with the wife has twin daughters. Not Biblical.
4. Noah seeks advice from his grandfather Methuselah to understand a vision by God; this never happened. Apparently in the movie Noah really never understands God.
5. Methuselah is shown to be sort of a witch-doctor with mental health issues.
6. Noah has no concern for the people who will be killed in the flood, but the Bible says he was a “preacher of righteousness,” which would make his lack of concern out of character.
7. When Noah learns that his son’s wife is expecting, he says if it is a girl she should be killed because God doesn’t want to repopulate the world. Yet in the Bible we find that repopulation is exactly why Noah and his family — all eight of them — are saved.
8. A wounded man cuts his way into the Ark and eats animals to stay alive as a stowaway, and even tries to kill Noah. The Bible says no one but the eight of Noah’s family were on the Ark, and none of the animals died on the journey.
9. Noah teaches theistic evolution to his family while on board the Ark.
10. The “nephilim” are giant rock-creatures, help Noah build the Ark, and defend the Ark in battle.
What do you expect from atheists...
Agree I won't spend a penny and encouraging my family not to see it ...
I don't see,how,any CHRISTIAN OR JEW,would like it at all
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525855 Mar 31, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text> In my house we don't do Easter (Ishtar),we do the Passover.
Do you think that the gods created by the Sumerians give a hoot about your Jewish Passover???

And it seems that ADONAI (your god) abandoned the Jews and went a-whoring with the Catholics, other Gnostics and the Protestants.

It seems that all those male-created gods simply can't be trusted to "inspire" human mentalities with truth.

:)

Location hidden

#525856 Mar 31, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
The Genesis flood narrative is similar to numerous other flood myths from a variety of cultures.
There is no scientific evidence supporting a global flood.[3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10 ] Searches for Noah's Ark, sometimes mockingly referred to as "arkeology",[11][12] [13] have been made from at least the time of Eusebius (c.275–339 AD) to the present day. Despite many expeditions, no scientific evidence of the ark has been found.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noah 's_Ark
Actually you are incorrect that there is no evidence of Earth being covered in water June. Lots of it dear.
Finding Noah's ark has nothing to do with that factual evidence of a "world wide" flood.

Where I live was a vast sea at one time dear. It is now a mountain range. Sea life fossils can be found the world over ... on dry land.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#525857 Mar 31, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
It's still a great book ...
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525858 Mar 31, 2014
OldJG wrote:
This is the story of Noah according to an atheist. It is very sad this horrible lie is being portrayed as Biblical.
The Christians stole the story from the Jews, who stole the story from other myth-makers, so what's your gripe?
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase & Fable by Ivor H. Evans … First published 1817.

Utnapishtim. The Babylonian counterpart of Noah, whose story is told in the GILGAMESH EPIC, and which has many notable resemblances to the BIBLE story. The Hebrews almost certainly derived their account from Babylonia.

Location hidden

#525859 Mar 31, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
Do you prefer Paas or make your own egg dye?
Come on man, surely the kiddies get to hunt Ishtar Eggs.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#525860 Mar 31, 2014
LTM wrote:
cont
From the first Apostle we further learn that “the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished”(II Peter 3:5-6). In the following study you will find the why, when, where, and how of the mostly unrealized destruction of the first heavens and earth. From the pen of Peter we find out that there was indeed a past world; it was the first creation of Genesis 1:1, and Peter also tells us what it was that finally destroyed both the heavens and the earth &#8213; water, the former heavens and earth was overflowed with water,{and it} perished! The passages relating to the distinction of the world that then was actually is accentuated throughout the entire Bible. Many writers of the Holy Texts fill in details of these events, commencing with Moses in Genesis chapter one - thus we have our title Geneses - the plural of Genesis!
Peter further advances the narrative in verse 7,“the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store” meaning that there had to have been a first set of heavens and earth and that we live on the second earth and above we view the amphitheater of the second heavens. These were reconstructed rather than recreated as this study will clarify for you. We are informed that the world that then was overflowed with water where in early Genesis 1:6-10 the Creator displaces to the outer firmament the bulk of water that destroyed the first heavens and earth, and reestablishes this present earth (for His man), the very same heavens and the earth, which are now - thus we have our title Geneses - the plural of Genesis!
Only through knowing these eternal truths of the two heavens and earths will we have the correct time and place for all of our paleontological and geological evidence to fit perfectly into both the sciences and the Scriptures. We can well conclude that all the fossils and remains from the antediluvian ages that are unearthed belonged to the world that then was, and as a result, we may remove all the friction caused by modern theories regarding the first and second heavens and earth leading to the misconception that there is only one continuous world - thus we have our title Geneses - the plural of Genesis!
The Apostle advances his readers in II Peter chapter 3 beyond the world that then was and further beyond the heavens and the earth, which are now by informing us in verse 12 that we are to “look for new heavens and a new earth,” bringing his readers’ view to the expected future with a third set of new heavens and a new earth - thus we have our title Geneses - the plural of Genesis!..”
I've read about this..good book..though fiction called Lucifers,flood by Linda,Rios Brook .

Anyway it can make,sense,in that context..but I just prefer to focus,on what I know,of the Creation of THIS,earth ..not one that may have existed before ..

Belief in God's,word for me is,of importance ...the scientists,keep changing their theories,anyway ..neither story says,ANYTHING about humans,evolving from other life forms,IMO
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525861 Mar 31, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
If your words were meaningless to them, they wouldn't reply and call you names.
Most of them don't reply except to call me names.

They won't answer my questions that they should be asking of their selves ... such as "If Jesus lived, would he have stayed faithful ONLY to Judaism?"

They know that their religion is based on lies ... but they don't want to give up that image of heavenly bliss promised to them by the lying theologians.

Location hidden

#525862 Mar 31, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe they did it by telepathy from "God."
You think mental telepathy is bunk too June?

Are you familiar with the first language?

Location hidden

#525863 Mar 31, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>

It seems that "miracles occur" on cue ...
If one is a "miracle worker", then it stands to reason that the miracles they perform would be "on cue". Correct?
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525864 Mar 31, 2014
Even as a little child I knew there was something very wrong with the teaching that Jesus would reject all those who were not of the Christian faith. I couldn't believe that Jesus would be so mean to the Jews and to those in all other religions.

I find it amazing that millions of humans believe that nonsense.

But the word "salvation" seems to put many into hypnotic trances, and they simply can't seem to escape the trances.

Maybe their wills are not strong enough to inspire them to escape.

Location hidden

#525865 Mar 31, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If those theologians had been honest with their own philosophies ... their consciences wouldn't have allowed them to write about the supposed mentality of the supposed gods.
Intereesting you say that June.
>You< assume to speak for "God" as your emotions allow that speech "from" God..
>You< continually throw out that old line "If there really was a God, then He would not allow _______(fill in the blank)."

Interesting indeed.

They say "God says _________".
You say " IF there was a God, that would not be."

See your copycat problem June?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min bad bob 7,697
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Gabriel 982,341
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 14 min Squirrel Pot Pie 123,773
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 41 min Tony 6,371
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Charlie Sheen 286,546
Exit the Jewtrix-Free Conspiracy Documentary 2 hr Sparrow 1
News Teacher back in class after Bush-Hitler comparison (Mar '06) 9 hr Ron Paul Liberty 170
More from around the web