Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 590160 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#525497 Mar 30, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Sooo. According to you I am not a Christian. Sweetheart considering what passes for a Christian these days,telling me thAT i'M NOT Christian is the best compliment you could pay me so thank you for telling me that I'm not Christian. That's a load off my mind. I wouldn't be a Christian if you paid me. Christ Himslef wouldn't have any use for you so called Christians these days either.
You Christians of today have a serious credibility problem. And I thank the Lord God that I'm not numbered with you. I deserve better.
Hilarious comedy!

Self-proclaimed Christians come on the forum bragging that the LORD (Jesus) and God are on their side of the fight!

Meanwhile some of the Jews are searching the sky in hopes that the Lord-Jehovah will pick up their tabs concerning falling short of "perfection."

The least inviting scenario that could occur in my imagination, is me waking up after my physical death surrounded by those in religion being told by the creator to shut the f*ck up before he is forced to send all of them to their own allotted hells.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#525498 Mar 30, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Latin????
Jesus spoke to the common folk of ISRAEL in Latin.??
Please get real ....I know your Church likes,it..I'm sure JESUS,knew,it ..but I'm quite sure He,did NOT speak to the folks,in Latin
Sooooooooo ... you believe that a savior came to earth who was "limited" to understanding only one human-created language!

That means that he couldn't read the minds of those who spoke other languages. WOW ... that's quite the short-COMING for a savior whose comprehension is supposed to be aligned to the high mentality of ADONAI ... the one god in existence.

Bunkology!
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#525500 Mar 30, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Buzz off Wannabee! you like to prey on the weak and vulnerable, I assure you, I am neither one! I have no Interest in your BS!
Thank you for the love. You honor the name of Jesus.(sigh)

Ramen

PS - you write as though you KNOW it's all a delusion. Why is that?

:o)

Vanderhoof, Canada

#525501 Mar 30, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
We showed them, they are blind and cannot see, pray for them, love and blessings dear OldJG.
Would ADONAI ... the one god in the Abrahamic religion AGREE with YOU???

Those are questions you don't DARE to ask ... because it would make you appear as the fool.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

"Why did you drop your prestigious NAME ADONAI to go by the plain name GOD?"

"I didn't drop my name, and the Jews didn't drop my name either. The ex-Jew Catholics refused to call me ADONAI."

"WHY?"

"Because that is what the faithful Jews call me."

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#525502 Mar 30, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> By God I think you've got it...lol
By God is the clue,..not by Roman Catholic

My understanding is,that it was the CHURCHES...and was the Council in Rome where they decided ...???

All those,Churches,listed in Scripture.....but only the,Roman Catholic put together the bible...amazing.

Did the monks,preserve the word and copy it..of course,...but scripture is,God breathed and no one of the CHURCHES is,responsible for declaring it...

A greater many of.
The,scriptural writings,were acknowledged by the very early Church ...and,yes,letters,PASSED AROUND..copied for that purpose..., and no not Xeroxed as some thought I was,saying..sarcastically ...

These were,previous,writings,to be shared and preserved....and I still believe there were scribes,among His,disciples ..it makes,no sense that NOT ONE PERSON wrote down His,words,...until years,later...no notes..no letters...it strains the,mind ...and is,nonsensical..
A,complete,gospel might well have been put together later using these,writings..especially with Matthew as,he was added to the group.., or Mark scribing for Peter in the early Church ...

I can't prove it..but we shall see..the thought they had nothing written at all until decades later is,foolish....and we have NO IDEA,what writings,were lost when Jerusalem...the SEAT of Christianity and Judaism..in 70 ..destroyed b y rebels,or Romans and the entire place was,GONE ..
THANK GOD,many Followers,of the,Way left ...but that doesn't mean no one or nothing was,lost in that awful time ...

But I just don't see,why it's,so important to the RCC folks,here that they believe no one wrote a,thing.during Jesus,life...and that's,nothing against the CHURCH ...I'm betting in honestly some Catholic scholars came,to the same conclusion..it only makes,sense..they tout the letters,of the disciples,of the Apostles..but there was,NOT ONE THING WRITTEN..note or letter to be made,into a,later gospel while He,lived...????? Nonsense..

I'm betting many of Jesus,followers,she were dispersed wrote also..We,May not have it a 'll preserved ...but again ..common sense should prevail ..

Anyhow....the leaders,of the CHURCHES...under GODS,inspiration put together the Canon..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#525503 Mar 30, 2014
BUT many writings were seen as scriptural way before this,happened...

Vanderhoof, Canada

#525504 Mar 30, 2014
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Regardless whether the Noachian flood was regional or worldwide, it sure did flood Noah's world.
AND it was Noah's story.
Noah and his boat was simply the words the Catholics USED to re-write an older myth used in other religions.

I'd like to see Noah taking two wild elephants on his boat. He would have found out that wild elephants don't pay any attention to religion.
truth

Warnbro, Australia

#525505 Mar 30, 2014
now my Lord
please tell me
what deference
between
man as lojpuz

lojpuz don't have to much hair over face
varalice i lupezi

Vanderhoof, Canada

#525506 Mar 30, 2014
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
There were no Christian heretics or witches.
In the Salem witch-hunts it was Protestants burning other Protestants as witches.

Religion drives people crazy!
truth

Warnbro, Australia

#525507 Mar 30, 2014
vashe proklestvo nije ljudstvoooooooooooooo

amen
truth

Warnbro, Australia

#525508 Mar 30, 2014
why hair
have high spiritual ritual ceremony essence
truth

Warnbro, Australia

#525509 Mar 30, 2014
What is only visible with angels?
hair

How looks structure of hair?
Why looks as spiral?

How you going put that in geometric way?
As well why intellectual intelligence spy used peace of hair or hair of eyebrow or similar

much more

byyyyyyyyyyyy

Vanderhoof, Canada

#525510 Mar 30, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Unconditional love!
Love thy enemy!
Blah, blah. NO ONE actually believes or lives that stuff. Certainly not here - when no one except their delusional god can see.
It's a delusion, so they don't even pretend.
THINK! If God appeared before them tomorrow and said "I wasn't kidding about how to live your life, or else," do you think this board would exist?
They KNOW it's a delusion.
But it was drilled into every single one during childhood, so they fear letting go.(Primacy Effect)
Come to the one true MORAL God.
Ramen
Religion is based on lack of trust that a creator loves all.

Watch them talking their way along in the hopes that the one god loves them.

Pathetic insecurity!

Vanderhoof, Canada

#525511 Mar 30, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The,Jews,were,pretty set in their ways
That must mean that Jesus would never have strayed from Judaism.

OOPS! I guess you meant "the other EVIL Jews" ... RIGHT???

Just a Freudian slip on your part.

:)
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#525512 Mar 30, 2014
Unconditional love!

Love thy enemy!

Blah, blah. NO ONE actually believes or lives that stuff. Certainly not here - when no one except their delusional god can see.

It's a delusion, so they don't even pretend.

The true God is a MORAL God.

The true God knows slavery is not moral.

The true God knows bats are not birds.

The true God does not torture its own creation.

That makes sense to most of humanity, but the Primacy Effect is strong here.

Ramen
truth

Warnbro, Australia

#525513 Mar 30, 2014
noooooooo
i am not agree with you
not all
but i am honest with you
you just play fun funny game
thats all

entire community serve evil they playing evil game
thats all

now
Are you for sure i am trusting evil communite..
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooo

then
why you think they are smart all others people sick

evil serve evil

go trust them with many evil face on many place with evil photocvcopy jelouse lustfull diploma
thats all

I wrote this for good people!
not for evil very bad lustful jealous leaders..

i don't liked anyone who betray

by
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#525514 Mar 30, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion is based on lack of trust that a creator loves all.
Watch them talking their way along in the hopes that the one god loves them.
Pathetic insecurity!
They don't even pretend. They KNOW.

They use the Bible like a lucky charm. A "just in case" thing.

They NEED you Junith.

Ramen

Vanderhoof, Canada

#525515 Mar 30, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for the love. You honor the name of Jesus.(sigh)
Catholics and Protestants can't even accept that each other deserves the good graces of the supposed creator ... so it's understandable that Atheists are WAY down their list of evil scum-bags.

They would never allow their selves to think that the creator would love "confirmed" Atheists.

Where would that put them on a scale of worth from one to ten???

Answer ... nowhere "SPECIAL."
truth

Warnbro, Australia

#525516 Mar 30, 2014
nobody care

after all why should be

mind and hand making everything
for
whommmmmmmmmmmmm
on the end is??????????
buuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmm
truth

Warnbro, Australia

#525517 Mar 30, 2014
real creator know
what mind and hand going make
shhuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
buuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmm

serve your evil

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Aura Mytha 838,512
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 9 min lisw 176,945
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 10 min razz58 2,399
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 21 min RiccardoFire 4,365
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 21 min Mike thunkit 99,947
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 21 min lovewithin 40,494
Lido Theater, Dallas (Mar '12) 26 min steelpole69 340
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 5 hr Finley 31
More from around the web