Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650241 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#525691 Mar 30, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Help them Junith.
Show them the lite.
Ramen
You're plum creepy dude! you are a predator, and probably not of just weak Hearted women..Just plum down right creepy! June STOP replying to this creep! look at his creepy post there..They should ban you from this site "Guy"!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#525692 Mar 30, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
And my original point was that no one knows what languages He used. No one knows what languages were used when the Apostles and Disciples first started making written records. We can only guess how many times these writings were translated into how many different languages before the Canon was established and written in Greek, then Latin, and finally English.
Presuming they even were...and it is a presumption at best.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#525693 Mar 30, 2014
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Roman Catholics will think it is OK because it is not Biblical. Same ol same ol. Just sayin'
<quoted text>
Liam said, quote, "It's very Biblical. It captures the whole meaning of the story." End quote.
From the Roman Catholic bible but certainly not from the word of God.
1. Is the character "Tubal-Cain" in your bible?
2. Does your bible speak of stowaways on the Ark?
3. Show us in OUR Bible where Methuselah has magical powers and heals anyone. Does Methuselah perform these acts in your "bible"?
4. Did Shem's wife have "twins" in your bible?
5. Does Na’el appear in your bible. This is the make believe woman Ham left behind.
6. Does your bible contain Watchers—CGI stone giants that do God’s bidding?
7. Does your bible speak of Tubal-Cain and his people attempting to board the ark?
8. Does your bible mention the twin granddaughters of Noah?
9. In your bible does Noah believe he needs to murder his two granddaughters to fulfill God’s will—he believes that God wants all of mankind to die out, including him and his family?
Liam, your "god" lives in Rome and your "god", the pope, tells you how to think and live.
The problem is that you don't know how to read the Bible. During your obsession with verse verse verse, and word word word, you missed the reason for the story of Noah. This movie did an excellent job imo. Some Catholics may not agree with me.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#525694 Mar 30, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is what an Orthodox Church said about Noah. I found it by Google and than got to their FB link:
"Yesterday we discussed with one question of many modern Christians on the historical accuracy of Noah's ark and the flood account.
Today, let us simply look at how the early Christians viewed the story of Noah and his family:
There are five references to Noah and his ark in the NT. We will focus this morning to the words of our Lord to His Apostles found in the account of Mathew and the parellel account in Luke.
Jesus is teaching about the end times and says "But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angles in Heaven, but my Father only. But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. For as in those days of the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day Noah enterered the ark and did not know until the flood took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. Then two will be in a field ; one will be taken and the other left; Two woman will be grinding at the mill, one will be taken and the other left. Watch therefore, for you do not know the hour your Lord is coming" (Mathew 24:36-42)
Jesus uses the story of Noah to teach his Disciples -and us through them- the importance of always being ready for the return of Christ. He reminds us clearly here, that the people of old were not ready when the flood came unexpectedly. But we have been forewarned, let us not also fall away. Thus Jesus uses the past to prepare us for the future. As we know with history, if we are not careful, it often repeats itself.
From lookin at the NT references to Noah, we find they were much less interested in the question of our own day regarding the story, how did the animals know when to go on the ark? How did they not attack Noah? How high was the water? Why did Noah bring termites? and many others...
Their focus and attention of reading the writings of the Book of Genesis are the same as ours now. During this Lenten fast, namely, preparing us for the resurrection of Christ & the establishment of His Kingdom, let us this time of great lent, prepare ourselves, that we may be made ready, by our participation in the Sacramental life, namely Confession and the Eucharist & and our vigillance in prayer this season"
Fr. Mathew
Saint Mary's Orthodox Church
www.facebook.com/StMarysOrthodoxWV
Well said Father Mathew!
Sera, this Orthodox Priest would not forbid his congregants form seeing the movie Noah. Why did yours? The movie hit the nail on the head when it comes to the whole concept of Noah and the flood.
You have a serious problem don't you. You just have to be right. I said our friends I said NOTHING about our priest, our church. NOTHING..I don't give a rats butt what some orthodox priest from another church has to say about that movie..I was talking about a group of our orthodox friends talking about that movie.....
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#525695 Mar 30, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Really?? As Orthodox, we were advised not to see the movie that it was not accurate and that it was from an Atheist point of view.
Hmmm.

Location hidden

#525696 Mar 30, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is that you don't know how to read the Bible. During your obsession with verse verse verse, and word word word, you missed the reason for the story of Noah. This movie did an excellent job imo. Some Catholics may not agree with me.
And some Orthodox it seems....

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525697 Mar 30, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Help them Junith.
Show them the lite.
Ramen
Their dreams of heaven will only mean something to them if they also dream that others will spend eternity in hell.

If they believed every soul would go to heaven, they wouldn't perceive that they are special in the eyes of god.

So you see ... my words are meaningless to them.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#525698 Mar 30, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> You have a serious problem don't you. You just have to be right. I said our friends I said NOTHING about our priest, our church. NOTHING..I don't give a rats butt what some orthodox priest from another church has to say about that movie..I was talking about a group of our orthodox friends talking about that movie.....
Hey dont get mad at me. Remember, my original post was to someone else about Bible only fundamentals having a problem with the movie. You chimed in. You cant blame me for thinking what I did. You said nothing about friends to me. I saw Oldjg replied and I assumed it was the same post I read.

No, I don't care to be right. Thats not a goal of mine. I would join any of the thousand Protestants if I thought they were right. I have free will to leave the CC anytime I want.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525699 Mar 30, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is that you don't know how to read the Bible.
To read the bible the correct way (according to you) Protestants will spend eternity in hell and Catholics will spend eternity in heaven.

No other "reading" of the scriptures will please you.

Here's more food for your Catholicized thoughts from another Catholic book.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Signs & Symbols in Christian Art

The Last Judgment

Christ with a radiance about Him, is usually seated upon a throne or rainbow. He shows His wounds, the mantle He wears leaving His right side uncovered. His appearance is expressive of His role as Judge. He may turn away from the damned; His right hand, with palm upward, extends welcome to the elect; His left hand, with palm downward, rejects the damned.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525700 Mar 30, 2014
So according to the Catholic theologians Jesus will reject those that he damns to eternal hell.

Yet they also preach that he came to earth to show us the meaning of divine love.

Nutcases!!!

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525701 Mar 30, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I don't care to be right. Thats not a goal of mine.
Now that is a funny joke!

Thanks for the humor.

:)
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#525702 Mar 30, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> And some Orthodox it seems....
Sera, I don't wanna get into anything. These fundies hate your Orthodox faith. Nuff said. Don't butt in on their behalf just to disagree with me when you know the relationship of our two faiths. Because let me tell you something, if we were all on an island, they would kick us (if not kill us) off and immediately turn their sights on the Orthodox.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525703 Mar 30, 2014
The Israelite faith is NOT the Catholic faith. Within common sense theology ... Mary stayed faithful to Judaism. So what IS her image doing in Catholic churches???

The lies are plain to see!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

From the book Signs & Symbols in Christian Art

The Purification

Mary, the mother of Christ , being of the Israelite faith, obeyed the law.

Location hidden

#525704 Mar 30, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey dont get mad at me. Remember, my original post was to someone else about Bible only fundamentals having a problem with the movie. You chimed in. You cant blame me for thinking what I did. You said nothing about friends to me. I saw Oldjg replied and I assumed it was the same post I read.
No, I don't care to be right. Thats not a goal of mine. I would join any of the thousand Protestants if I thought they were right. I have free will to leave the CC anytime I want.
Hey not mad at you...I chimed in because you stated that the catholic church would not have a problem with that movie. I chimed in with no ill feelings in the beginning. You clearly had to drive your point into what you thought I was saying. You jumped the gun without read a few post further down.Like I said read the whole post before you try and sink your fangs into my neck next time.

Location hidden

#525705 Mar 30, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm.
Hmmmmm said the blind man.....

Location hidden

#525706 Mar 30, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Sera, I don't wanna get into anything. These fundies hate your Orthodox faith. Nuff said. Don't butt in on their behalf just to disagree with me when you know the relationship of our two faiths. Because let me tell you something, if we were all on an island, they would kick us (if not kill us) off and immediately turn their sights on the Orthodox.
Oh I don't think so...I am not as arrogant as you are towards them...I know how they feel about the orthodox faith to some degree but it is the catholic church here with you Catholic's on this forum that is trying to prove to them that the catholic church is the True Church..not me....also...IF WE were all on an island and I had to be there with you Catholic's I would find me the nearest volcano and jump in....
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#525707 Mar 30, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Blah Blah Blah...polly what a cracker....
The TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One and only one TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church is the "Only thing" that needs to be repeated over and over and over again to ALL of you anti-Catholics who have "rejected the Fullness of the faith and the Fullness of the TRUTH that has existed for over 2000 years! NOTHING else needs to be said ---or---- is worth saying on this forum!!!
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#525708 Mar 30, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Your full of pinto beans......as many times as you have repeated this song and dance you still don't believe it do you? If you did, you wouldn't have to try so hard in convincing others.
I don't need ANY convincing because I know ( without a doubt) what 2000 years of the historical and biblical TRUTH is! While bible only fundies, atheists, agnostics and other anti-Catholics have chosen to reject the at TRUTH of Jesus Christs one True Catholic Church, I have chosen to "defend it" against the distortions, lies, deceit and heresy that has (unsuccessfully) tried to destroy and undermine Jesus Christs One a True Church for the past 2000 years .
Michael

Canada

#525709 Mar 30, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The movie "Noah" will be a problem for "Bible only" Christians. But for Catholics, it'll be ok. The reason being is that you people do not understand what the Bible is or where it came from. You see the words and think every little word was put there by God Himself. The story of Noah is a sad story about mankind's rebellious nature against the Creator. God (the Creator) destroyed the world by a flood. THAT"S the word of God.
You'll see the movie and see that it didn't go exactly like the Bible said, but it shouldn't matter, because when it comes to the overall theme, it hit the nail right on the head.
That's the message God was trying to convey to us when He inspired the authors of the Bible. God wasn't trying to reveal an historical event for our earthly records. He didn't reveal this so archeologist could have fun searching for the ark.
He didn't reveal Jonah and the Whale so people like you can tell a cute story about a great fish that swallowed a man! That's not the word of God, per se. The meaning behind Jonah and the whale is the word of God. That we must not run from Him. Repent because He loves us.
...You really believe this story?

...A man named Noah spends years building the biggest boat ever built. People all around including a man name LIAM ask Noah why are you building such a massive boat? Noah says because me and my family and every pair of animals from every corner of the earth will be saved and all you others will not......he sets sail on his boat while everyone including Liam stand at the dock waves by by, drowns, and Noah and his family live happily ever after.

...Do you also believe in Balaams talking Donkey? That's in the OT too.

Unbelievable!

.....About as much credence as the 3 little pigs and Goldie locks.
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#525710 Mar 30, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
The Israelite faith is NOT the Catholic faith. Within common sense theology ... Mary stayed faithful to Judaism. So what IS her image doing in Catholic churches???
The lies are plain to see!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
From the book Signs & Symbols in Christian Art
The Purification
Mary, the mother of Christ , being of the Israelite faith, obeyed the law.
Why don't you have another donut you albino gorilla!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Catcher1 56,003
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 10 min ImFree2Choose 2,325
Question for white men? do you just use black w... (Feb '10) 19 min BearerofBADnews 308
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 56 min New Age Spiritual... 971,761
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr New Age Spiritual... 445,909
Why did God allow sin into His universe? 1 hr New Ideas 18
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Rider on the Storm 182,942
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr New Ideas 44,958
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 11 hr akon mason 70
More from around the web