Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 654379 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525523 Mar 30, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't even pretend. They KNOW.
They believe that "God" saw to it the that they had a bible so that they could be warned if they don't believe the bible is true, the same god will punish them for not believing that he is cruel.

That is fear-based religion ... period!

I have no fear that I will be punished for being an Atheist ... unless some believers get a hold of me and burn me at the stake for insulting their "image" of a god.

Humans need to find their own self worth ... and they won't find it IN religion.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#525524 Mar 30, 2014
truth wrote:
noooooooo
i am not agree with you
not all
but i am honest with you
you just play fun funny game
thats all
entire community serve evil they playing evil game
thats all
now
Are you for sure i am trusting evil communite..
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooo
then
why you think they are smart all others people sick
evil serve evil
go trust them with many evil face on many place with evil photocvcopy jelouse lustfull diploma
thats all
I wrote this for good people!
not for evil very bad lustful jealous leaders..
i don't liked anyone who betray
by
One step away from the mainstream god delusions.

Ramen

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525525 Mar 30, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible owes nothing to no one.
But the Catholics and Protestants that wrote the lies and the followers that believed and believe the lies to in turn cause horrendous misdeeds to other humans ... might be in debt ... if justice prevails.

I hope they don't have to suffer, as they caused others in the name of their religions ... to suffer.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525526 Mar 30, 2014
Religion teaches people that the best part of self is in spirit-form in a far better dimension.

That has caused many humans to want to die ... Mother Teresa was but one example.

Religion is NOT good!!!

I believe I am whole, just as a dog is whole ... a cat is whole ... a parasite is whole.

I don't allow my imagination to entertain itself with a stupid idea that I deserve heavenly bliss and others deserve punishment.

I never believed that when I was a child, and I won't believe such idiocy now.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525527 Mar 30, 2014
Catholic and Protestant theologians never WANTED Catholics and Protestants to get along.

It was their AIM to create division.

And they succeeded, all because you allowed them the power over your mentalities.

Only you can change your own haughty attitudes.

And if you refuse the "opportunity" it is your fault. No one else will be your scapegoat.

Religion built walls and only you can destroy those walls.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#525528 Mar 30, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Bible Only "fundies" are (forever) trying to "explain away" and debunk over 2000 years of authenticated, proven and verifiable TRUE Church History with their own " man- made" modernistic Protestant (personal opinionated) beliefs-----a belief in the "'bible only as being the only source of true Christianity -------that was (NEVER) believed by ANYONE until the 18th century. The fact is that sola scriptural contradicts itself because it is not taught "anywhere" in Scripture. It is one of the over 42,200 "man made" doctrine of inconsistent beliefs ---each of which contradict and conflict with each other. Relative Truth bible only Christianity i" what each person thinks as Truth" is unscriptural, unhistorucal and untenable. Jesus Christ left His Apostles, disciples and followers His One true Apostolic (Universal-Catholic )Church -- NOT A BIBLE. There was no bible (as we know it today) for the first 1500 years of the Universal-Catholic Christian Church. Not one patristics, medieval, Apologistic or Church Historian author or witer for the first 1400 years of the Church agrees with your bible only "man-made" doctrine of editorialize beliefs----NOT ONE!!!! The Truth of the True Gospel of Jesus Christ, has, is and will FOrEVERbe grounded and manifested in Our Lords One TRUE ( biblically and historically proven) Aposolic Catholic Church ----the Bride of Christ!!
You don't half eat a lot of shit for breakfast! Keep sayin it and it will be true, honest?!!

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#525529 Mar 30, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the major problem with all those who put faith in religions.
They can see, as I saw, that the suffering of all forms of life make it plain that if a creator exists, it is a mean S.O.B.
That is what keeps people in religion in fear and in turn begging and groveling to the imaginary being in the sky.
I believe that no creator exists or ever existed to in turn punish those who refuse to grovel.
I suggest that nature is cruel, but it has no intention to BE cruel.
I suggest that if you accept the premise which states that nature is in fact the "creator" (which you apparently do), then your claim of " if a creator exists, it is a mean S.O.B.", stands in stark opposition to your own point.

Location hidden

#525530 Mar 30, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>

I have no fear that I will be punished for being an Atheist ...
Of course not June, you are not an atheist. There is no such thing. Atheists do not exist because the simple fact is ... it is illogical and irrational to stand on a position that is impossible to prove. Your position is impossible to prove June. Only fools stand on such shaky and unsupported ground.

Location hidden

#525532 Mar 30, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Humans need to find their own self worth ... and they won't find it IN religion.
hhhhhhhmmmmm
Since religion itself is a construct of man, from whence and where shall man look for his own "self worth" if not from his own devices?

Try again June.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#525533 Mar 30, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
They require real-world agreement, because otherwise, their god make no sense.
As for "atheists," they can't fathom the difference between atheism, deism, or an agnosticism.
They are all threats to delusional immoral, murderous, emotion-filled gods.
Good. The one true God has revealed himself. Come to the lite Junith.
Ramen
Best thing that woman good do is STOP listening to you Immediately! people like you that prey on the weak in faith are pathetic! June, you should stop listening to this "Guy" for real, can't you see that by him encouraging you like that, He is trying to trap you! June, you should STOP replying to this wannabee! you're Pathetic Dude!!

Location hidden

#525534 Mar 30, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Only you can change your own haughty attitudes.
And if you refuse the "opportunity" it is your fault. No one else will be your scapegoat.
That is very true June. You must remember however, that the sword you consistently swing at others, is a double edged blade dear. You cut yourself constantly with the edge you continue to ignore is present.

Location hidden

#525535 Mar 30, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Religion is NOT good!!!
I am inclined to agree with you there June.
Now tell me, what would be the differences, if any, between "religion" and "spirit"?

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#525536 Mar 30, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Religion teaches people that the best part of self is in spirit-form in a far better dimension.
That has caused many humans to want to die ... Mother Teresa was but one example.
Religion is NOT good!!!
I believe I am whole, just as a dog is whole ... a cat is whole ... a parasite is whole.
I don't allow my imagination to entertain itself with a stupid idea that I deserve heavenly bliss and others deserve punishment.
I never believed that when I was a child, and I won't believe such idiocy now.
You're right June, Religion isn't good, it's full of Immoral people. Religion had nothing to do with the teachings of Jesus. Seek and Ye Shall Find. Follow Jesus and your Heart June. Not some WHACK JOB encouraging you on here with his BS! it's obvious by your post that you're Intelligent, and dare I say, a Christian at one time? Jesus' teachings are a suggestive way of living better and at peace with oneself and God, Religion is Dictatorship, as it tells you how you're supposed to live. June, that "GUY" that keeps encouraging you, is NO GOOD! look at the way he TRIES to slide that BS in there. Get away from that wannabee!

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525537 Mar 30, 2014
I suggest that it was Martin Luther's WHOLE aim to turn the Catholics against pope Leo Xth, and create the illusion that Jesus sided with Martin Luther's new religion.

He used the same Jesus-savior-myth against the pope as the first bishop (pope) of Rome used against the Jewish Rabbis.

The word pope and bishop back then had the exact same meaning. And you will know that is true because the present pope is known as the bishop of Rome.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Clement of Rome was a Catholic.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

There were presbyter-bishops as early as the first century

Clement was the first of early Rome's most notable bishops

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Clement_I#L...

Location hidden

#525538 Mar 30, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
What has man made or done that will help man find this "self worth"?

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525539 Mar 30, 2014
The idea that the first pope (bishop of Rome) was a Jew (by religion) with the name of Peter is ludicrous.

Jesus would have had to be Catholic and Peter also would have had to be Catholic in order for Jesus to make him the first pope (bishop) of Rome.

You can see in the following, how the word pope took on a higher meaning of prestige than the word bishop.

Now the Catholics have one pope and many bishops.

Words are tricky, and have been USED by many to manipulate the mindsets of others.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

A History of Religious Ideas, by Mircea Eliade.

At the first ecumenical councils, only certain representatives of the “Pope” participated. That title was adopted by Siricius (384—99), who thus proclaimed himself the “father” and not the “brother” of the other bishops.

hojo

Excelsior, MN

#525540 Mar 30, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the major problem with all those who put faith
Stop and think about it June!!! YOU put your faith in your atheistic beliefs as opposed to those of us who put our faith in our Christian beliefs ----God, Jesus Christ and the Church!,

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525541 Mar 30, 2014
All supposed saviors in all religions only came to save the specific ones in the specific religions.

And each religion was started by a right-fighting theologian.

Martin Luther slipped up, because he found his self having to USE the same savior as the Catholics to start his new religion ... and that split the Catholics and Protestants down the middle.

Religion never united humans to one way of believing. It couldn't, as all the theologians were wanting to preach it THEIR ways.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase & Fable by Ivor H. Evans … First published 1817.

Odium theologicum (o di um the o loj ikim)(Lat.). The bitter hatred of rival theologians. No wars so sanguinary as holy wars; no persecutions so relentless as religious persecutions; no hatred so bitter as theological hatred.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525542 Mar 30, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
What has man made or done that will help man find this "self worth"?
Be as kind to each other as self-centeredness allows.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525543 Mar 30, 2014
Preaching at others how to be holy, by insisting that others are evil offenders of gods is not only ridiculous ... it is based on absolute arrogance.

Those who believe they are simply mortal animals will not feel adequate to use any words in any book to preach at others about how to attain "perfection."

I suggest that the word "perfect" ... "perfected" ought to be thrown into the archaic waste-basket of words as being a detriment to humanity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 26 min Mr Wiggley 64,553
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 28 min nanoanomaly 973,929
What color will Taylor Swift's baby be? 50 min Johnny 6
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr WasteWater 106,599
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 1 hr Johnny 847
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Internet Reality 45,281
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr X Pendable 183,212
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr Brian_G 281,947
More from around the web