Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 670668 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#525466 Mar 29, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I have given you this definition over and over....
The "why" is found in Scripture 2Th 2:1-14....but you will not understand it because: But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
If you read the next verse of Scripture:

"So, then, brethren stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter." (2 Thess. 2:15)

It's very difficult to understand why Paul would be telling the faithful to adhere to Jewish traditionary law as you claim. He is, instead, referring to the new traditions taught by "us either by word of mouth or by letter.". Since that's exactly what Paul says I don't understand why you think he might be referring instead to "Jewish traditionary law" as you claim.

Perhaps you could explain yourself?
truth

South Perth, Australia

#525467 Mar 29, 2014
its written
who liked darkness
1001 night sesame open yourself=thief's
big birdy and cooking masters

evil serve evil
seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
one come others gone
its written

How many Masters and Gods you have?

Who is judge
Who is on horse all birds going died?
truth

South Perth, Australia

#525468 Mar 29, 2014
pillars of falsehoods
serve where you going
what Jesus Christ say
''i am not going where you going''
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#525469 Mar 29, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Latin????
Jesus spoke to the common folk of ISRAEL in Latin.??
Please get real ....I know your Church likes,it..I'm sure JESUS,knew,it ..but I'm quite sure He,did NOT speak to the folks,in Latin
RoSesz,

We don't know what languages Jesus used. Aramaic was common in His time. He was a Rabbi and would have known Hebrew. The Romans controlled Israel and so Latin would have been understood and used by many, perhaps including Jesus. Greek was the language of the well educated and Jesus may have used Greek. But many of the people He spoke to were not well educated and He wouldn't have used Greek to talk to them.

I'm only trying to point out that the Bible was eventually written in Greek but no one knows what language Jesus used or if the books of the New Testament had to be translated into Greek from some other language. The difficulty is that there have been any number of translations before we got the English version. It's unwise for people who aren't fluent in Greek to use an original Greek translation to produce a new and different English version than the ones we already have. It makes even less sense for Oxbow to try to translate individual words from a modern English translation provided by scholars into Greek and then back into different English. If he doesn't trust his own English language Bible he shouldn't be here telling other people that they don't understand Scripture until he changes it for them.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#525470 Mar 29, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> He spoke Hebrew,Greek,and Aramaic....OPA!
What makes you think He didn't also speak Latin? The Romans controlled the politics, the commerce, and the people. Why wouldn't Jesus have used Latin?

I'm not trying to suggest that He only used Latin. I don't know if He used Latin at all. I'm just saying that it wouldn't surprise me considering that the political, commercial, and day-to-day power in Israel was Roman. I doubt that Pilate would have addressed Jesus in Hebrew or Aramaic. He was the representative of the Roman Caesar and would have used Latin. What language do you think Jesus would have used when He responded to Caesar?
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#525471 Mar 29, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
So you refuse to accept the Scripture?
Matthew 15:3,“He answered them,“And why do you break the commandment of God for the sake of your tradition?”
Mark 7:13,“Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.”
Colossians 2:8,“Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.”
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your quotes from Matthew and Mark are Jesus talking to the Pharisees about their own traditions. Your quote from Colossians is a message from Paul warning the faithful to be careful to follow traditions of men that follow the world instead of following the traditions of men who follow Christ.
The following quote from Thessalonians is a quote from Paul warning the faithful to "stand firm and hold to the traditions" extended to them from Jesus through His Apostles and Disciples. "So, then, brethren stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter." (2 Thess. 2:15)
Bible-only isn't Scriptural. Bible plus tradition handed down through the Apostles and Disciples is Scriptural.
While you adhere to a Bible-only tradition originated by men you will deprive yourself of a better relationship with God.
Will you ever answer these questions? How many times did Jesus say "It is tradition"? How many times did Jesus say, "It is written"? Just sayin
truth

Greenfields, Australia

#525472 Mar 29, 2014
its written
i been before
Jesus say
i am not from here
then
whats deference before and after
truth

Greenfields, Australia

#525473 Mar 30, 2014
after all human rights not exist
nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

he come fulfill law

law not exist

law of many masters clubs and organizations party and so on..

byyyyyyyyyyy

INRI

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#525474 Mar 30, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you think He didn't also speak Latin? The Romans controlled the politics, the commerce, and the people. Why wouldn't Jesus have used Latin?
I'm not trying to suggest that He only used Latin. I don't know if He used Latin at all. I'm just saying that it wouldn't surprise me considering that the political, commercial, and day-to-day power in Israel was Roman. I doubt that Pilate would have addressed Jesus in Hebrew or Aramaic. He was the representative of the Roman Caesar and would have used Latin. What language do you think Jesus would have used when He responded to Caesar?
Salad.....I believe He would have spoken to Jesus in Hebrew or Aramaic.....What makes you think that Pilate didn't speak Hebrew?...if he was in a foreign land than there is a strong possibility that he also spoke Hebrew .He also had to deal with the Hebrews. My way makes much more sense than yours. Jesus would have had very little dealing with the higher class of Latin speaking .And the Greeks had occupied Jesus's land for quite sometime A large proportion..The Greeks continued to do trade in that area. A merchant would have to know some portion of Greek to maintain a successful business.
truth

Claremont, Australia

#525475 Mar 30, 2014
Merchant is been everywhere old India
old Persia
old Chine
old Greek and so on and quit bit confusion.
Are you for sure incarnate spirit is not for so long between us as leaders.
Depend how you going call holy spirit or something else.
doug

Tsumeb, Namibia

#525476 Mar 30, 2014
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
So how did Moses and Elijah end up in front of three apostles talking with Jesus?
Mark 9:2-4:
"After six days Jesus took Peter, James, and John and led them up a high mountain apart by themselves. And he was transfigured before them, and his clothes became dazzling white, such as no fuller on earth could bleach them.
Then Elijah appeared to them along with MoseGod s, and they were conversing with Jesus."
marge, My God Is The God of The Living, not the God of the dead.
Sorry about yours.
you are right God is a God of the living,(not the dead) that is something very few people understand

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#525477 Mar 30, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus wasn't religious?
OK, 14
Religious Implies Religion, which means he wasn't, Jesus spoke of the spirit (God ) being within. He was of the spirit. spiritual and Religious are separate things.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#525478 Mar 30, 2014
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
You're confused again little feller.
The Bible owes it's SURVIVAL to The Catholic Church.
If not for The Church, you'd have no Bible and You'd be Muslim.......... or dead.
God operates through His Church on Earth, The Catholic Church, The Church Jesus Built.
Surely you jest?

The Catholic Church changed it to support their own agenda. Who gave them permission to rewrite the word of God. you should really look at the church and pay attention to what they're doing, and what Jesus taught. you will see a big difference.

Jesus Built? hahaha! you have no clue do you? Rome was pagan worship overlords. After Jesus death, they sought out ever Jesus follower and anything that Had anything to do with him, and they destroyed it. the Christ Mass they have to celebrate Jesus' birth, was set as dec. 25th by the Church so it would coincide with their Pagan God of destruction and light,(sol invictious ) Greek Apollo, Apollyon, it's the Hebrew Abaddon, which is an Angel of destruction, Apollyon is the translation of that. it is called another name back in Sumerian time, do you know the name of that one? so you see, the RCC worship a God alright, but not the one you think!
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#525479 Mar 30, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
It would seem unnecessary for the Catholic Church to make the boastful claim of giving the Bible to the world when both it and Protestants accept the Bible as a revelation from God. However, it is an attempt to weaken the Bible as the sole authority and to replace it with their man-made church.
If it is true that we can accept the Bible only on the basis of the Catholic Church, doesn't that make the Catholic Church superior to the Bible? This is exactly what Catholic officials want men to believe. Their only problem is that their doctrine comes from their own human reasoning rather than from God. Their logic is a classic example of their "circle reasoning." They try to prove the Bible by the church (can accept the Bible only on the basis of the Catholic Church) and prove the church by the Bible ("has ever grounded her doctrines upon it"). Such is absurd reasoning which proves nothing. Either the New Testament is the sole authority or it is not. If it is the New Testament, it cannot be the church, and if it is the church, it cannot be the New
Testament.
Bible Only "fundies" are (forever) trying to "explain away" and debunk over 2000 years of authenticated, proven and verifiable TRUE Church History with their own " man- made" modernistic Protestant (personal opinionated) beliefs-----a belief in the "'bible only as being the only source of true Christianity -------that was (NEVER) believed by ANYONE until the 18th century. The fact is that sola scriptural contradicts itself because it is not taught "anywhere" in Scripture. It is one of the over 42,200 "man made" doctrine of inconsistent beliefs ---each of which contradict and conflict with each other. Relative Truth bible only Christianity i" what each person thinks as Truth" is unscriptural, unhistorucal and untenable. Jesus Christ left His Apostles, disciples and followers His One true Apostolic (Universal-Catholic )Church -- NOT A BIBLE. There was no bible (as we know it today) for the first 1500 years of the Universal-Catholic Christian Church. Not one patristics, medieval, Apologistic or Church Historian author or witer for the first 1400 years of the Church agrees with your bible only "man-made" doctrine of editorialize beliefs----NOT ONE!!!! The Truth of the True Gospel of Jesus Christ, has, is and will FOrEVERbe grounded and manifested in Our Lords One TRUE ( biblically and historically proven) Aposolic Catholic Church ----the Bride of Christ!!
truth

Claremont, Australia

#525480 Mar 30, 2014
agenda
how you call that
zablude i teze

its poem

''vidih te
uprcenu u teret vremena
al prenese ga
tvoje srce
iznad svih njihovih
zabluda zakona i teza

izvrshila si zavjet
sto su ga u vrimenu zivota
izmjenjivali dan i noch..

zavjet=convenant with god
brime =hardship

zablude i teze =law as bariera without any hope

seeeeeeeeeeee

i say your law is not my law

its as zabluda and teza

see poem metada
b-z zet a da

zeta teza zabluda
zabluda
nemoj biti luda

see brime kroz vrime up up stars on sky
how looks brime as art on the sky
look up up up

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/30/...

zablude i teze

see poem

i don't know meaning of my poems
its as coko as buche
kad valjash buche its cokooooooo tic into tic near and near

now
izbij bona bulina
----------
bona nemoj biti lina
uprti se
i ponesi to brime
kroz vrime..

see stars on sky

ko kad neko uprti brime

vidih te
uprcenu
u vrimenu zivota
isharanu
sa zabludama i tezama
nekih zakona..

in poem
no low
poemist wrote as heart art
and poemist describe trough words

there not any law
noooooooooooooooooo
does metter do you liked me or not
nobody care

then explain

brime on the sky
zablude i teze
truth

Claremont, Australia

#525481 Mar 30, 2014
Majko

vidih te
u vrimenu zivota
uprcenu u brime
isharanu sa suncem
mjesecom i zvijezdama
kako okicena
jedva koracash
ispod tih
zabluda i teza
gdje sve pishe
sve ce jedno biti.

nkh
truth

Claremont, Australia

#525482 Mar 30, 2014
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/30/...

see

Majko

Vidih te
uprcenu u brime
u vrimenu zivota
u lijepim vestama
isharanu suncem mjesecom i zvijezdama..
nkh

sve cu pjesme pokloniti tebi
ali neznash ih odgodnetnuti
moje misli nisu tvoje misli..

my tear go now

ja sam pocela pisati svoje pjesme
kada sam vidila
opake i zle zlobne ljude oko sebe
sa koliko zlobe i mrznje
tlace siromahe uboge i pravednike

Jesus Christ INRI
truth

Claremont, Australia

#525483 Mar 30, 2014
zakon krivokletnika
i nujihovih stranputica
sa toliko mrznje i proklestva
da od jada i bijede
neznaju sto cine
truth

Claremont, Australia

#525484 Mar 30, 2014
nosili tvoja mama brime
rastezuli tvoju mamu stapi sa 50 kg drva

a di to pishe

na nebu=sky
izdreci te oci
jadna nebila
a gdje
na nebo
ima li gori zvijezda
nema
nako te dragi bog pomogao
ispovidi se
pricesti se
ko ti je reko da po nochi zvijezde nesvitle

kako te ono brime iz dark forest
nebi
popaljacalo

svitlo gori svitlo doli
ko pinokio
na stapiche
u teathru za djecu
its secret
for screening

mazhu mazhu
a ive sherina
a sta cu mazat kad je tava prazna
ima ulja ive sherina
smazhi smazhi
ko namazano
oni to skrine
sto ce jesti nisu ludi

''pametnjakovichi zavide
jer su lupezhi''

a sirotinja ubogi i potlaceni neznaju
truth

Claremont, Australia

#525485 Mar 30, 2014
see zvizde ce ti put pokazat

a aaa aaa
nja nja nja

postapala

sram te bilo

na koga tovarite b.rim.e

to su trklje
potporanj za lozu
jeli bona
a gdje si ti to usikla
kako to da te sumar nije vidio

seeako shumari i drvosjece
nebi znali
e endo ko drugi znade

e nemoj lagat
sram te bilo
lupezi i lupezi znaju
za sve tajne cilog svita

sram te bilo
nije to drvo
i niko nezna ne cemu stoji
nit na nebu
nit na zemlji
to je bogo
ofarbo bona nebo
a tako
to je taj preferbanac
sram ga bilo
jelto onaj
koji kaze
kad se laze
nek se laze
u lazca su kratke noge=perfect describe

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Bongo 101,549
Pass ETG itone test for alcohol metabolite 63 h... 53 min Mooblie99 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr another viewer 980,359
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr Ricky F 184,343
Lido Theater, Dallas (Mar '12) 7 hr WantsOldnFat 457
What's the most embarrassing thing you have done? (Dec '15) 9 hr Slick 28
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 12 hr Peter Ross 445,687
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 16 hr Rob Ford Sr 286,267
More from around the web