Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 627846 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#525315 Mar 29, 2014
Genesis 9:15

15 I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind.~~~Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy ALL LIFE.~~~

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#525316 Mar 29, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
they gave a woman (mary) credit for being the first witness to the resurrected Jesus and for carrying the message to the others, that he had risen. yet she wasn't a disciple even tho she was one of his biggest followers, why was/is that? at that time, women had no say in religious matters, so why give her credit for being the first to witness the biggest event in mankind?
June, what is your take on the above paragraph? I noticed you haven't tried to answer that.
I don't believe in any religion mythology as being based on truth. It's all fantasy.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#525317 Mar 29, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If humans are lost, it's because the god lost them by his own fault of creating Adam and Eve KNOWING they were GOING to get lost.
And all that gibberish doesn't explain why the god created other animals to suffer knowing that the other animals NEVER fell short of HIS perfected mark of stupidity.
Religion is BUNK!
Once you understand the Atomic Table and the cosmic Petri Dish, your question will be answered.

You are sooo close. And they need you here Junith.

Come to the lite.

Ramen

Vanderhoof, Canada

#525318 Mar 29, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I do know. I have humbled myself to Christ and the infallible Church he founded for our salvation.
You keep on insulting the Jews by insinuating that one of their own abandoned Judaism to place high favor on your religion.

And then you WANT a favor of salvation in return for your insult.

You have SOME nerve.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#525319 Mar 29, 2014
StarC wrote:
"Observe that in the Bible there are two kinds of religious tradition, human
and divine. Observe that when Christ accused the Pharisees He was referring to "precepts of men"(Mark 7:7), to their human traditions. Christ
wanted divine tradition preserved and honoured because He made it part and parcel of the Christian deposit of faith, as the Apostle Paul affirmed: "Stand fast; and hold the traditions which you have learned, whether by word, or by our epistles." (2 Thess. 2:14. Also see 2 Thes. 3:6). This divine tradition to which Paul refers, this revealed truth which was handed down by word rather than by letter, is the tradition upon which, along with Sacred Scripture, the Catholic Church bases her tenets of faith, as the primitive Christian Fathers affirmed. Wrote St. Augustine: "These traditions of the Christian name, therefore, so numerous, so powerful, and most dear, justly keep a believing man in the Catholic Church." The New Testament itself is a product of Christian tradition. Nowhere in the New Testament is there any mention of a New Testament."
The Born-Agains are the spawn of the RCC.

They are YOUR creation.

Do something!!!!

Vanderhoof, Canada

#525321 Mar 29, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> God didn't corrupt the word,
Do you believe that Jesus wanted homosexuals stoned to death as it indicates in HIS APPROVED book???

Religion is bunk!

Vanderhoof, Canada

#525322 Mar 29, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Once you understand the Atomic Table and the cosmic Petri Dish, your question will be answered.
Do I have to become a born-again Ramenite in order to receive that inside information???

:)

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#525323 Mar 29, 2014
StarC wrote:
"Jesus said his Church would be "the light of the world." He then noted that "a city set on a hill cannot be hid" (Matt. 5:14). This means his Church is a visible organization. It must have characteristics that clearly identify it and that distinguish it from other churches. Jesus promised, "I will build my Church and the gates of hell will not prevail against it" (Matt. 16:18). This means that his Church will never be destroyed and will never fall away from him. His Church will survive until his return.
Among the Christian churches, only the Catholic Church has existed since the time of Jesus. Every other Christian church is an offshoot of the Catholic Church. The Eastern Orthodox churches broke away from unity with the pope in 1054. The Protestant churches were established during the Reformation, which began in 1517.(Most of today’s Protestant churches are actually offshoots of the original Protestant offshoots.)
Only the Catholic Church existed in the tenth century, in the fifth century, and in the first century, faithfully teaching the doctrines given by Christ to the apostles, omitting nothing. The line of popes can be traced back, in unbroken succession, to Peter himself. This is unequaled by any institution in history.
Even the oldest government is new compared to the papacy, and the churches that send out door-to-door missionaries are young compared to the Catholic Church. Many of these churches began as recently as the nineteenth or twentieth centuries. Some even began during your own lifetime. None of them can claim to be the Church Jesus established.
The Catholic Church has existed for nearly 2,000 years, despite constant opposition from the world. This is testimony to the Church’s divine origin. It must be more than a merely human organization, especially considering that its human members— even some of its leaders—have been unwise, corrupt, or prone to heresy.
Any merely human organization with such members would have collapsed early on. The Catholic Church is today the most vigorous church in the world (and the largest, with a billion members: one sixth of the human race), and that is testimony not to the cleverness of the Church’s leaders, but to the protection of the Holy Spirit."
Wrong! they are inspired by Satan.

there are many many things about that church that goes against EVERYTHING Jesus taught.

(1 they are Idolaters
(2 they play Intermediary between God and man (only Jesus can claim that)
(3 the pagan worships of Rome are directly tied to coincide with the worship of Christ (dec. 25 )
( 4 they offer forgives, or sell, it to you, when only God can forgive.

the list goes on, but you get the gist of it.

the first Christ Mass was 453ad, i think, the pope at that time was, pope sixus 111, literally 666.
so yeah, you're right in a sense but it is not what you think. just my opinion of course

Location hidden

#525324 Mar 29, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that Jesus wanted homosexuals stoned to death as it indicates in HIS APPROVED book???
Religion is bunk!
I believe he would have wanted them to repent and change their way.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#525325 Mar 29, 2014
Truth wrote:
Gen 9
11 I establish my covenant with you:*****Never again will ALL life be destroyed by the waters of a flood;***** never again will there be a flood to destroy the earth.”
By what method does your god intend to destroy the earth when he comes to save his chosen few such as YOU???

BUNK!!!
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#525326 Mar 29, 2014
reXpectrum wrote:
i Was only PRESENTING the Facts.
FACT.- 500 Years Went By,.........From the Time of jESUS Christ / That the .... Catholic Church Failed ( REFUSED )----
---- To Translate a Latin / Italian Version the Scriptures.
Then a TOTAL of 1600 years. 1600 Years / One Thousand 600 Years -
From the Time of jESUS Christ, Till the First Catholic Bible, Translated into another Language other than Latin / Italian
In 1582 The Roman Catholic Church Translated The Scriptures into English... The Douay–Rheims Bible.
*( Copying the KJV, ALMOST Identical.
Why did the Roman Catholic Church wait for One Thousand and Six Hundred Years after jESUS Christ. 1600 Years...
Any Answers ?././//./.
I Prove the Opposite. The Roman Catholic Church is NOT a Church of jESUS. But a Wall of Deception, Blockage and Outright Deliberate Ignorance.
Well BillyBoy, the KJV was commissioned by the Anglican (you know, the Church of England, which believed much of what the Catholic Church teaches) King James with the START of the translation beginning in AD 1604 and being COMPLETED in AD 1611.

The NT Douay-Rheims was published in AD 1582. The OT followed in AD 1609.

Do they have history books in southeast Georgia?

Vanderhoof, Canada

#525327 Mar 29, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Wrong! they are inspired by Satan.
It's a darned good thing you are not in a religion.

:)

Location hidden

#525328 Mar 29, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe in any religion mythology as being based on truth. It's all fantasy.
In other words, you can't answer the question.. concession Noted!

here is your pineapple

Location hidden

#525329 Mar 29, 2014
<quoted text>
I must ask.
Is there a connection between your screen name (pusherman) and your obsession with "a pineapple shoved up A$$."
Sorry, I couldn't help butt ask :o)
Does it fkn sound like it!

Vanderhoof, Canada

#525330 Mar 29, 2014
One way to start a new religion.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

1963: The Reformed Druids of North America begins as a protest against a requirement that students at Carleton College, in Minnesota, attend religious services. Since any religious service would count, some students, including Robert Larson, started RDNA as a humorous way to test the system. The founders were Jewish, Christian and agnostic and did not intend to start a new religion. However, it subsequently evolves into one and spreads.

http://www.americanneopaganism.com/neopaganis...

Vanderhoof, Canada

#525331 Mar 29, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I believe he would have wanted them to repent and change their way.
That was not my question. Maybe you could "try again."

June VanDerMark wrote:

<quoted text>

Location hidden

#525332 Mar 29, 2014
<quoted text>
Direct question:
1... Did man's corruption surprise and disappoint your god?
2... Can your god see the future?
Ahhhhhhh, see the paradox yet?
Don't try that BS with me you fkn wanna be! stick with them weak hearted people like june! I ain't him bud!

Location hidden

#525333 Mar 29, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
When the Jews used the term LORD ... they meant Jehovah.
Christians changed the PROGRAM to mean Lord Jesus.
Naughty, naughty Christians.
Jesus wasn't religious. who was Jesus referring to?

Vanderhoof, Canada

#525334 Mar 29, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The NT Douay-Rheims was published in AD 1582. The OT followed in AD 1609.
The old testament was supposedly published around 450 BCE ... not 1609 CE
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#525335 Mar 29, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Does it fkn sound like it!
ahhh, yes.

"Pineapple up A$$" and you are the pusherman.

We get it.

lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min New Age Spiritual... 951,569
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 4 min Sheilaa 17,907
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 31 min WildWeirdWillie 180,082
Which was worse?: the Holocaust or Black Slavery?? 36 min Johnny 11
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 45 min RiccardoFire 615,702
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr scraybar jack 14,735
Play "end of the word" part 2 2 hr WasteWater 721
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 hr Neville Thompson 278,492
More from around the web