Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
506,781 - 506,800 of 532,435 Comments Last updated 3 min ago

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2014

OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey June Bug, thanks alot for your commentary. As usual it makes absolutely no sense to anyone except you. Might I ask if you are speaking in tongues. If so there should be an interpreter present. Have a great weekend. OldJG
June VanDerMark wrote:

<quoted text>
Do you really need to post that many words to teach others how to be as saintly as is the image you hold of your self???

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2014

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I loved his movie..think would have been better in English..Just a,personal preference ..it was good..very hard to watch.
Again on the girls,getting excommunicated ...no I'm not Catholic..but I think Rachel's Vineyard is a better solution...And still unfair those three are NOT booted out and get the EUCHARIST at the Popes,mass ...what message does that send ..
At least John Paul said these folks,should NOT be given communion..or was it Benedict ...I loved the Popes letter at the time..see that's not hypocritical ....kicking little girls out of the Church is if retaining the cause.. the Pols
You are quite the PREACHER.

I wouldn't trust you to treat a woman who wanted an abortion with any compassion whatsoever.

She would have to follow your will to suit YOU!!!
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2014

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
OOOPS sorry wrong link..
http://rachelsvineyard.org/
This,organization seeks,to help the mom's,..
SORRY bout that
You do know that excommunication may be lifted through the Sacrament of Confession?

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2014

If I thought a woman was determined to have an abortion, religion would be the least of my concerns.

Getting her through the abortion without infection or death would be my first priority.

I would even pay for her abortion in a clinic I had the funds available.

I suggest her family would be happy to see her home and alive. That is what would matter to me.

To hell with an imaginary god. If the imaginary god had created a decent plan with no suffering, abortion would not BE a factor in any woman's life.

Religion is bunk!!!
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2014

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I loved his movie..think would have been better in English..Just a,personal preference ..it was good..very hard to watch.
Again on the girls,getting excommunicated ...no I'm not Catholic..but I think Rachel's Vineyard is a better solution...And still unfair those three are NOT booted out and get the EUCHARIST at the Popes,mass ...what message does that send ..
At least John Paul said these folks,should NOT be given communion..or was it Benedict ...I loved the Popes letter at the time..see that's not hypocritical ....kicking little girls out of the Church is if retaining the cause.. the Pols
Rose,

"excommunication is a censure and thus a "medicinal penalty" intended to invite the person to change behavior or attitude, repent, and return to full communion.[1] It is not an "expiatory penalty" designed to make satisfaction for the wrong done, much less a "vindictive penalty" designed solely to punish.
Excommunication can be either latae sententiae (automatic, incurred at the moment of committing the offense for which canon law imposes that penalty) or ferendae sententiae (incurred only when imposed by a legitimate superior or declared as the sentence of an ecclesiastical court).[2]
Excommunicated Catholics - unless they cease for some other reason to belong to the Church - are still Catholics and remain bound by obligations such as attending Mass, even though they are barred from receiving the Eucharist and from taking an active part in the liturgy (reading, bringing the offerings, etc.).[3] However, their communion with the Church is considered gravely impaired.[4] In spite of that, they are urged to retain a relationship with the Church, as the goal is to encourage them to repent and return to active participation in its life."

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2014

Parents of religion bring children into the world and when the children happen to disappoint the parents by stating they are homosexual, the parents berate the children as sinners.

I guess "GOD" planned it that way HUH??? YEAH RIGHT!!!

Blame your own stupidity on a god. It's always been a handy scapegoat for the ignoramuses in religion.

You have no one to blame but your selves for buying into the religions that preach the nonsense in the first place.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2014

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose,
"excommunication is a censure and thus a "medicinal penalty" intended to invite the person to change behavior or attitude, repent, and return to full communion.[1] It is not an "expiatory penalty" designed to make satisfaction for the wrong done, much less a "vindictive penalty" designed solely to punish.
Excommunication can be either latae sententiae (automatic, incurred at the moment of committing the offense for which canon law imposes that penalty) or ferendae sententiae (incurred only when imposed by a legitimate superior or declared as the sentence of an ecclesiastical court).[2]
Excommunicated Catholics - unless they cease for some other reason to belong to the Church - are still Catholics and remain bound by obligations such as attending Mass, even though they are barred from receiving the Eucharist and from taking an active part in the liturgy (reading, bringing the offerings, etc.).[3] However, their communion with the Church is considered gravely impaired.[4] In spite of that, they are urged to retain a relationship with the Church, as the goal is to encourage them to repent and return to active participation in its life."
Are Jesus and God still hanging in there to support all your sermons???

Sarcasm intended.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2014

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI, I would MUCH rather be excommunicated, repent, confess, make full restitution and be welcomed back with open arms into full communion with the Church than be Pelosi, Biden or Kerry and obstinately refuse to repent and acknowledge their sin while defiling the Body of Christ and pretending to be in full communion. Rest assured, they will get their just reward
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2014

June VanDerMark wrote:
Who needs Hollywood to create drama when going to the bible can bring the STAR of the show to LIFE?
"ME ... it's all about ME. My interpretations of the words bring ME to the TRUTH ... to everlasting life and bliss and euphoria.
To hell with others."
It has "nothing to do" with (my personal) interpretation of the bible when living the Catholic faiths in Jesus Christ! The True interpretation of the Word of God came in 382, 393 and 397AD from the Early Church Fathers who wrote it, translated it and interpreted it..........We asCatholics will leave the "My Interpretation" to those Fundie Protestants and the rest of the other 42,200 plus bible only preachers each of who place their "relative editorialized Truth" as the "final authority"!!!!
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2014

Judged:

who="Anthony MN" <quoted text>
"The word "kecharitomene" cannot be found in Strong Lexicon. This must be another Roman Catholic invented word to fit Mary. "
It's Greek. Look it up.
"Qaddiysh (Aramaic)...note, this is not Hebrew word. Where can I find the Bible using this word when referring to Mary. I am patient and can wait."
It refers to saints. Mary isn't a saint? You and your co-religionists are?
"The vast majority of Biblical scholars discount the accuracy of the Latin Vulgate when translated from Latin to English. In particular the words "full of grace" never appeared until the verse was mistranslated. "Full of grace" is a Roman thing not a Biblical thing."
You mean some anti-Catholic protestant scholars perhaps. Others? No.
http://www.philvaz.com/apologetics/a116.htm
" When discussing the Bible with you I feel as if I am battling a second grade little girl. Do your homework."
As someone who calls himself a deacon while name-calling and making vulgar sexual suggestions towards other Christians, I sincerely doubt you should be discussing the bible with anyone but your pastor whereby he/she could counsel you on "gettin' saved".

----------
I don't agree with name calling and vulgar suggestions.(I certainly don't think Christians should resort to such)..but...
What do you know about 'getting saved'?
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2014

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"The word "kecharitomene" cannot be found in Strong Lexicon. This must be another Roman Catholic invented word to fit Mary. "
It's Greek. Look it up.
"Qaddiysh (Aramaic)...note, this is not Hebrew word. Where can I find the Bible using this word when referring to Mary. I am patient and can wait."
"The vast majority of Biblical scholars discount the accuracy of the Latin Vulgate when translated from Latin to English. In particular the words "full of grace" never appeared until the verse was mistranslated. "Full of grace" is a Roman thing not a Biblical thing."
" When discussing the Bible with you I feel as if I am battling a second grade little girl. Do your homework."
As someone who calls himself a deacon while name-calling and making vulgar sexual suggestions towards other Christians, I sincerely doubt you should be discussing the bible with anyone but your pastor whereby he/she could counsel you on "gettin' saved".
AnthonyMN said, quote, "As someone who calls himself a deacon while name-calling and making vulgar sexual suggestions towards other Christians, I sincerely doubt you should be discussing the bible with anyone but your pastor whereby he/she could counsel you on "gettin' saved""End quote.

Name calling? Vulgar sexual suggestions? Wow, you are the king of the name callers. I expected this explosion of frustration when the Bible backed you into a corner and the only defense you had was "name calling".

Just as you admitted the truth about the Bishop of Bling why not confess your ignorance of Scripture and try to learn.

AnthonyMN, this is a small test. What are your thoughts on the following two verses. In John 1:14 Jesus is described as "full of grace and truth." In Luke 1:28 Mary is described as "highly favored". Do these two expressions have the same meaning? If so, please explain.

John 1:14, "And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth."

Luke 1:28, "And having come in, the angel said to her,“Rejoice, highly favored one, the Lord is with you; blessed are you among women!”
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2014

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
We believe in one,Lord,Jesus,Christ as,do you..
We should be closer as Christians...
Exactly!!! If so., then why do you anti-catholic fundies continue to attack, condemn and hostily rip the One True Apostolic Catholic Church of Jesus Christ day after day!!!
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2014

Judged:

KayMarie wrote:
who="Anthony MN" <quoted text>
It's Greek. Look it up.
----------
I don't agree with name calling and vulgar suggestions.(I certainly don't think Christians should resort to such)..but...
What do you know about 'getting saved'?
I am saved, I am being saved, I hope to be saved.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2014

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
It has "nothing to do" with (my personal) interpretation of the bible when living the Catholic faiths in Jesus Christ! The True interpretation of the Word of God came in 382, 393 and 397AD from the Early Church Fathers who wrote it, translated it and interpreted it..........We asCatholics will leave the "My Interpretation" to those Fundie Protestants and the rest of the other 42,200 plus bible only preachers each of who place their "relative editorialized Truth" as the "final authority"!!!!
You are lying...again!!!! Christ did not say one thing about your church fodders giving you nor anyone else the true interpretation of the Word of God....

This is what He said...you missed it....quote: But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2014

Judged:

OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
AnthonyMN said, quote, "As someone who calls himself a deacon while name-calling and making vulgar sexual suggestions towards other Christians, I sincerely doubt you should be discussing the bible with anyone but your pastor whereby he/she could counsel you on "gettin' saved""End quote.
Name calling? Vulgar sexual suggestions? Wow, you are the king of the name callers. I expected this explosion of frustration when the Bible backed you into a corner and the only defense you had was "name calling".
Just as you admitted the truth about the Bishop of Bling why not confess your ignorance of Scripture and try to learn.
AnthonyMN, this is a small test. What are your thoughts on the following two verses. In John 1:14 Jesus is described as "full of grace and truth." In Luke 1:28 Mary is described as "highly favored". Do these two expressions have the same meaning? If so, please explain.
John 1:14, "And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth."
Luke 1:28, "And having come in, the angel said to her,“Rejoice, highly favored one, the Lord is with you; blessed are you among women!”
I've said this many times...nothing angers me or frustrates me here. Ever. I'm secure in my faith and although I do occasionally, purely in the form of humor, use adjectives to describe some folks here, I have never made sexually demeaning comments to other posters.

You on the other hand, a self-described protestant deacon, name call here almost every day, have made some of the most vulgar and disgusting sexually demeaning suggestions directed at posters of anyone who's been here.

My thoughts? You're using a bad translation.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2014

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly!!! If so., then why do you anti-catholic fundies continue to attack, condemn and hostily rip the One True Apostolic Catholic Church of Jesus Christ day after day!!!
Dream on....coward...
It is worth repeating that you are repeating a lie...

The stupidity you exhibit is outstanding!!!!!
Show us the definition of the Koine Greek word from which "church" was translated in that verse......

You will not do so..because that would prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that you are a bald--face liar...

BTW...that definition can be found in your NABre.....
Prove me wrong!!!!!

Worth repeating!!!!
You will not do so..because that would prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that you are a bald--face liar...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2014

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I am saved, I am being saved, I hope to be saved.
Not per Scripture you ain't!!!!

Joh 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Joh 10:29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

I am saved....absolutely....for eternity....I sleep well....I am comforted...
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2014

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Dream on....coward...
It is worth repeating that you are repeating a lie...
The stupidity you exhibit is outstanding!!!!!
Show us the definition of the Koine Greek word from which "church" was translated in that verse......
BTW...that definition can be found in your NABre.....
Prove me wrong!!!!!
Worth repeating!!!!
You keep repeating the same old bible only manipulation of the Word of God along
with your repetitious "fictitious Protestant Church history myths, legends and lies!........You have become an "expert" at distorting the Truth of the bible$. and twisting the Truth of over 2000 years of TRUE Church History!!!-------AND------ever yone on this forum "knows it...

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2014

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
It has "nothing to do" with (my personal) interpretation of the bible when living the Catholic faiths in Jesus Christ!
It has EVERYTHING to do with how you interpret what you believe.

You believe that Jesus lives in spirit form as a Catholic ... and that he will save only Catholics and take them to Christian heaven.

That IS your personal belief and YOU and no one BUT YOU are responsible for entertaining that belief.

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2014

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are quite the PREACHER.
I wouldn't trust you to treat a woman who wanted an abortion with any compassion whatsoever.
She would have to follow your will to suit YOU!!!
I would and have tried to dissuade her..if she went ahead..I would treat her with love..and have...you know nothing ..June ..which is,why I don't usually answer ..

I pray you can find peace and the love of Christ in your life ..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

407 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 6 min kamali 62
Last Word + 2 6 min Richies Cool Man Diary 21
truth is out 11 min andet1987 5
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min Joyful8118 720,204
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 15 min Insults Are Easier 256,381
Which one sounds the nastiest of all ? 24 min andet1987 0
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 27 min headlinesYTube 599,046
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 1 hr Naveen kumar 4,477
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Le_le 172,263
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 7 hr John 53
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••