Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 590816 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#525022 Mar 28, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
........ All of a sudden from nowhere this John Baptist shows up and Jesus just happens to be in his exact location and ready to be baptized.
....Jews know nothing of a John Baptist yet Christians claim he was a jew. Jews claim they have no history of a Mary/Joseph yet Christians claim they too were Jews. Jews claim they have no history of a Jesus bringing dead people back to life, yet Christians claim he was a Jew.
....All the stories in the bible are about Jews, yet Jews claim they know nothing of these characters.....that were suppose to be Jews.
......history tells us that Jesus and the rest of the characters in his story were only known to christians.....and everyone else from the Mediterranean are silent.
...Something is terribly wrong!
The stories about Jesus (previously Ihcuc) and those wayward Jews that supposedly promoted a new religion, first stemmed from the Catholic church fathers, who referred to their selves as "doctors" of religion.

And ever since, more and more gossip about a supposed savior named Jesus has been making the "rounds."

Silly nonsense.

Prince George, Canada

#525023 Mar 28, 2014
reXpectrum wrote:
I do not Think That Roman Catholics Have anything to do with the Church of jESUS Christ,
They created the mythical Jesus in their own Catholic images.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#525024 Mar 28, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen Ms. Fanatic, if Pope Innocent lll made that statement, he was not speaking from the chair of Peter. And I have my doubts of the authenticity of your quote. You'd be surprised at the protestant propaganda out there. Especially the stuff that circulated 200 yrs ago. Thats the stuff I often see you and oldjg recycle. You people have no shame when it comes to slander.
Back to this supposed statement you undoubtedly got from some stupid fanatic website... IF the Pope said that, he was wrong. Popes are NOT infallible when giving their personal opinion. If Francis said that today, the Church would publicly rebuke him. Possibly remove him.
Now ignore everything u heard and continue your bigoted rampage.
I put the quote into the Google search engine and none of the sources appeared to be Catholic.

Prince George, Canada

#525025 Mar 28, 2014
The three Jewish "wise men" sat at the cradle of Jesus.

One of them said to the other ... the rumor is that when this baby grows to be an adult, he is going to start a new religion that is totally foreign to Judaism, and want us Jews to be slayed.

And the second wise man of the Jewish faith said ... "Let's kill him."

And so it came to pass as more bull-cookies that the wise Jewish men allowed Jesus to live.

Bunkology

Prince George, Canada

#525026 Mar 28, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
So will you.
Proverbs 19:9
A false witness will not go unpunished, and he who breathes out lies will perish.
Blessings.
Now that is a low blow against Confrinting with the word. He's used to using those types of scriptures against others.

Score-bored***a-head***... One insult for the Catholics and one for the Protestants.

Those scriptures come in "RIGHT" handy for serious preachers to damn each other to hell ... all in the name of LOVE of course.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#525027 Mar 28, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~~~
TAKE THE BIBLE AN PROVE MY POST TO BE FALSE...
i AM WILLING STAKE MY ETERNAL LIFE ON THE FACT THAT YOU CAN'T...
You can't even say that you have eternal life...all you have is conjecture
that is not founded upon the word of God...
You have nothing to look forward to...
Heb 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
Heb 10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
Heb 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who
hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant,
wherewith he was/could be sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the
Spirit of grace?
Not very good at judging others, huh? Especially when you need to use other men to do it.

"To know yourself is to know the kingdom of God." - Jesus

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#525028 Mar 28, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep repeating the same old bible only manipulation of the Word of God along
with your repetitious "fictitious Protestant Church history myths, legends and lies!........You have become an "expert" at distorting the Truth of the bible$. and twisting the Truth of over 2000 years of TRUE Church History!!!-------AND------ever yone on this forum "knows it...
Thanks for proving my words 110% true...

BTW...that definition of "church" can be found in your NABre.....
Prove me wrong!!!!!

Worth repeating!!!!
You will not show us this definition..because that would prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that you are a bald--face liar...

Prince George, Canada

#525029 Mar 28, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you find it odd, that when I did a search of Ichuc, I get alot of items, but nothing on Jesus.
Signs & Symbols in Christian Art - Page 150 - Google Books

George Ferguson, &#8206;George Wells Ferguson - 1959 - &#8206;Art
I H S, I H C: These letters are the first three letters of Ihsus, or Ihcuc, the name of Jesus in Greek. The S and the C are variant forms in the Greek alphabet.

https://www.google.ca/#q=Ihcuc+greek+for+Jesu...

Prince George, Canada

#525030 Mar 28, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
if i answer your questions will you take back your malicious accusations?
of course not, and that's why we're at a stalemate:-)
If you answer my questions it won't BE a stale-mate.

June VanDerMark wrote:

<quoted text>
Do you believe that Jesus is offended by homosexuals having sex??? And do you believe that Jesus agrees with you that Atheists deserve eternal hell for not belonging to your Christian religion???
You won't answer my questions ... and that speaks volumes in how your conscience is fully aware that you are a liar.

Location hidden

#525031 Mar 28, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
You won't answer questions and change the subject by asking questions of your own for Scriptural support for my point of view. I answer with a quote from Scripture and you call me a liar. I don't think a kindergartner will be able to help me understand.
You are right!!!! Try a pre-kindergartener!!!!

Prince George, Canada

#525032 Mar 28, 2014
I suggest that the word Ihcuc in Greek will not show up on an English word search unless the word is attached to the word Jesus IN the search.

We are not on a Greek-conversing forum.

Location hidden

#525033 Mar 28, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Oxbow, aka ITB philosophy.
Look down on and discredit all who give charity and do good works, even the poor widow. Quote the Bible out of context in order to discredit others, especially Catholics.
Typical catlik.....deny the truth...

Location hidden

#525034 Mar 28, 2014
The Catholic Church on "Sacraments"

The Catholic Church teaches that the "sacraments" (not a biblical word or doctrine) are necessary for salvation (Baptism, Confirmation, the Eucharist or Mass (Communion), Penance (confession), Matrimony, Anointing the Sick, Holy Orders (ordination of a priest)).

"Sacraments. Outward signs or sacred actions...through which grace is channeled...When the Sacraments are administered validly and the recipient is properly disposed, the Sacraments attain their ends infallibly, that is, grace is automatically communicated to the recipient. Thus, the Sacraments perpetuate Christ's Redemptive Action." (Dictionary of the Liturgy, p. 561)
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#525035 Mar 28, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right!!!! Try a pre-kindergartener!!!!
You won't answer questions and change the subject by asking questions of your own for Scriptural support for my point of view. I answer with a quote from Scripture and you call me a liar. I don't think a kindergartner will be able to help me understand.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#525036 Mar 28, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I've said this many times...nothing angers me or frustrates me here. Ever. I'm secure in my faith and although I do occasionally, purely in the form of humor, use adjectives to describe some folks here, I have never made sexually demeaning comments to other posters.
You on the other hand, a self-described protestant deacon, name call here almost every day, have made some of the most vulgar and disgusting sexually demeaning suggestions directed at posters of anyone who's been here.
My thoughts? You're using a bad translation.
OldJG = Husker?? Either way, personal sexual remarks does not have a place in this forum.

Location hidden

#525037 Mar 28, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
How about it Catholic?? You champion "traditions" as your main stay.. you trump the Word of God with your "traditions".

ITB, in support of same, quotes "Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle."

Paul was preaching to his fellow Jews on their Jewish traditionary law. To my knowledge only the Catholics lie about following these traditions when they have no idea what the tradionary law is!!!!

There are 613 Commandments in this law.......What are the first ten (10)????

ITB has no clue...can any of you help her answer my question??????

Location hidden

#525038 Mar 28, 2014
What The Word of God Says On Salvation...which the catliks deny!!!!

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." Romans 10:9-13

"Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved." Acts 16:30-31

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." Ephesians 2:8,9
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#525039 Mar 28, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
I suggest that the word Ihcuc in Greek will not show up on an English word search unless the word is attached to the word Jesus IN the search.
We are not on a Greek-conversing forum.
And if while looking we find the word 'know it all' You should be listed as a small footnote.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#525040 Mar 28, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
How about it Catholic?? You champion "traditions" as your main stay.. you trump the Word of God with your "traditions".
ITB, in support of same, quotes "Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle."
Paul was preaching to his fellow Jews on their Jewish traditionary law. To my knowledge only the Catholics lie about following these traditions when they have no idea what the tradionary law is!!!!
There are 613 Commandments in this law.......What are the first ten (10)????
ITB has no clue...can any of you help her answer my question??????
You didn't mention that "my" quote is from Scripture: "Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle." (2 Thess. 2:15)

What makes you think Paul was telling the faithful to "stand fast, and hold" traditional Jewish laws? Do you really think your response makes any sense at all?
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#525041 Mar 28, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
What The Word of God Says On Salvation...which the catliks deny!!!!
"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." Romans 10:9-13
"Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved." Acts 16:30-31
"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." Ephesians 2:8,9
You are remarkably adept at quoting only the portions of Scripture that seem to support your own views.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Insults Are Easier 840,003
dressing for fun 8 min Rudeboy63 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 11 min RiccardoFire 40,538
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 37 min RiccardoFire 4,639
the REAL REASON Jermain Taylor's life is FALLIN... 44 min Doctor REALITY 5
EMIRGAN SERVICE General (0212) 342 OO 24 ) ELEC... 46 min generalelectricser 1
SERVICES -YENIKOY Tel (0212) 299 15 34 ) GENERA... 52 min kayseri evden eve 2
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr gundee123 100,084
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Truths 612,220
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 14 hr Insults Are Easier 271,403
More from around the web