Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 673337 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#525303 Mar 29, 2014
2 Peter 3:6

6 By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed.
Henry

Bischofferode, Germany

#525304 Mar 29, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
HOLY POOP!
Your one true god, all powerful suffered and died to send a message to mankind -- and then allowed the message to be distorted for 1500 years and more because?
99% of all humans who ever lived, or are alive today, never got the correct message?
You god sure is inept.
You just happen to be one of the lucky ones, probably because you were born right.
Sorry if I find that completely delusional and absurd to the extreme.
If my God thought mankind needed "saving," I think everyone would have an equal chance at justice.
My God is just.
Ramen
There was never ever any god at all.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#525305 Mar 29, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> God didn't corrupt the word, man did!
your pineapple is served
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ug5IHeEUVDAXX
Direct question:

1... Did man's corruption surprise and disappoint your god?

2... Can your god see the future?

Ahhhhhhh, see the paradox yet?

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#525306 Mar 29, 2014
"Observe that in the Bible there are two kinds of religious tradition, human

and divine. Observe that when Christ accused the Pharisees He was referring to "precepts of men"(Mark 7:7), to their human traditions. Christ

wanted divine tradition preserved and honoured because He made it part and parcel of the Christian deposit of faith, as the Apostle Paul affirmed: "Stand fast; and hold the traditions which you have learned, whether by word, or by our epistles." (2 Thess. 2:14. Also see 2 Thes. 3:6). This divine tradition to which Paul refers, this revealed truth which was handed down by word rather than by letter, is the tradition upon which, along with Sacred Scripture, the Catholic Church bases her tenets of faith, as the primitive Christian Fathers affirmed. Wrote St. Augustine: "These traditions of the Christian name, therefore, so numerous, so powerful, and most dear, justly keep a believing man in the Catholic Church." The New Testament itself is a product of Christian tradition. Nowhere in the New Testament is there any mention of a New Testament."
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#525307 Mar 29, 2014
If the FLOOD of Noah had not transformed both the heaven and the earth, it would not have served as a type of the coming judgment of Christ.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#525308 Mar 29, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> you trying to brainwash someone there bud?
you think your master is gonna bake you a cake?
all you're gonna get is a pineapple shoved up your a$$!!
A strange fixation you have there :o)

Since: Sep 09

Fort Saint John, Canada

#525309 Mar 29, 2014
<If my God thought mankind needed "saving,
If humans are lost, it's because the god lost them by his own fault of creating Adam and Eve KNOWING they were GOING to get lost.

And all that gibberish doesn't explain why the god created other animals to suffer knowing that the other animals NEVER fell short of HIS perfected mark of stupidity.

Religion is BUNK!

Fort Saint John, Canada

#525310 Mar 29, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Not everyone that calls me Lord, will enter into Heaven.
When the Jews used the term LORD ... they meant Jehovah.

Christians changed the PROGRAM to mean Lord Jesus.

Naughty, naughty Christians.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#525311 Mar 29, 2014
Gen 9

11 I establish my covenant with you:*****Never again will ALL life be destroyed by the waters of a flood;***** never again will there be a flood to destroy the earth.”

Fort Saint John, Canada

#525312 Mar 29, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Surely you jest? he had nothing to do with religion then, I suspect he would not now..
A Jewish Rabbi had nothing to do with religion???

:)
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#525313 Mar 29, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> you trying to brainwash someone there bud?
you think your master is gonna bake you a cake?
all you're gonna get is a pineapple shoved up your a$$!!
I must ask.

Is there a connection between your screen name (pusherman) and your obsession with "a pineapple shoved up A$$."

Sorry, I couldn't help butt ask :o)
Henry

Bischofferode, Germany

#525314 Mar 29, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think everyone here sits around agreeing with each other, singing KOOM BY YA you are mistaken. You don't belong on Topix if you fear or embarassed to discuss tough Church TOPICS.
...... Scandals in the catholic church worldwide have been headline TOPICS for the past few years.
.. What is your fear to condemn those that created these scandals?
Get off TOPIX now if you can't stand the heat.
Most educated men find any religions silly. A "only true church" is childish. Any church is a fake no more. The RCC is the biggest criminal religious Organisation. No more no less.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#525315 Mar 29, 2014
Genesis 9:15

15 I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind.~~~Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy ALL LIFE.~~~

Fort Saint John, Canada

#525316 Mar 29, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
they gave a woman (mary) credit for being the first witness to the resurrected Jesus and for carrying the message to the others, that he had risen. yet she wasn't a disciple even tho she was one of his biggest followers, why was/is that? at that time, women had no say in religious matters, so why give her credit for being the first to witness the biggest event in mankind?
June, what is your take on the above paragraph? I noticed you haven't tried to answer that.
I don't believe in any religion mythology as being based on truth. It's all fantasy.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#525317 Mar 29, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If humans are lost, it's because the god lost them by his own fault of creating Adam and Eve KNOWING they were GOING to get lost.
And all that gibberish doesn't explain why the god created other animals to suffer knowing that the other animals NEVER fell short of HIS perfected mark of stupidity.
Religion is BUNK!
Once you understand the Atomic Table and the cosmic Petri Dish, your question will be answered.

You are sooo close. And they need you here Junith.

Come to the lite.

Ramen

Fort Saint John, Canada

#525318 Mar 29, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I do know. I have humbled myself to Christ and the infallible Church he founded for our salvation.
You keep on insulting the Jews by insinuating that one of their own abandoned Judaism to place high favor on your religion.

And then you WANT a favor of salvation in return for your insult.

You have SOME nerve.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#525319 Mar 29, 2014
StarC wrote:
"Observe that in the Bible there are two kinds of religious tradition, human
and divine. Observe that when Christ accused the Pharisees He was referring to "precepts of men"(Mark 7:7), to their human traditions. Christ
wanted divine tradition preserved and honoured because He made it part and parcel of the Christian deposit of faith, as the Apostle Paul affirmed: "Stand fast; and hold the traditions which you have learned, whether by word, or by our epistles." (2 Thess. 2:14. Also see 2 Thes. 3:6). This divine tradition to which Paul refers, this revealed truth which was handed down by word rather than by letter, is the tradition upon which, along with Sacred Scripture, the Catholic Church bases her tenets of faith, as the primitive Christian Fathers affirmed. Wrote St. Augustine: "These traditions of the Christian name, therefore, so numerous, so powerful, and most dear, justly keep a believing man in the Catholic Church." The New Testament itself is a product of Christian tradition. Nowhere in the New Testament is there any mention of a New Testament."
The Born-Agains are the spawn of the RCC.

They are YOUR creation.

Do something!!!!

Fort Saint John, Canada

#525321 Mar 29, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> God didn't corrupt the word,
Do you believe that Jesus wanted homosexuals stoned to death as it indicates in HIS APPROVED book???

Religion is bunk!

Fort Saint John, Canada

#525322 Mar 29, 2014
<quoted text>
Once you understand the Atomic Table and the cosmic Petri Dish, your question will be answered.
Do I have to become a born-again Ramenite in order to receive that inside information???

:)

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#525323 Mar 29, 2014
StarC wrote:
"Jesus said his Church would be "the light of the world." He then noted that "a city set on a hill cannot be hid" (Matt. 5:14). This means his Church is a visible organization. It must have characteristics that clearly identify it and that distinguish it from other churches. Jesus promised, "I will build my Church and the gates of hell will not prevail against it" (Matt. 16:18). This means that his Church will never be destroyed and will never fall away from him. His Church will survive until his return.
Among the Christian churches, only the Catholic Church has existed since the time of Jesus. Every other Christian church is an offshoot of the Catholic Church. The Eastern Orthodox churches broke away from unity with the pope in 1054. The Protestant churches were established during the Reformation, which began in 1517.(Most of today’s Protestant churches are actually offshoots of the original Protestant offshoots.)
Only the Catholic Church existed in the tenth century, in the fifth century, and in the first century, faithfully teaching the doctrines given by Christ to the apostles, omitting nothing. The line of popes can be traced back, in unbroken succession, to Peter himself. This is unequaled by any institution in history.
Even the oldest government is new compared to the papacy, and the churches that send out door-to-door missionaries are young compared to the Catholic Church. Many of these churches began as recently as the nineteenth or twentieth centuries. Some even began during your own lifetime. None of them can claim to be the Church Jesus established.
The Catholic Church has existed for nearly 2,000 years, despite constant opposition from the world. This is testimony to the Church’s divine origin. It must be more than a merely human organization, especially considering that its human members— even some of its leaders—have been unwise, corrupt, or prone to heresy.
Any merely human organization with such members would have collapsed early on. The Catholic Church is today the most vigorous church in the world (and the largest, with a billion members: one sixth of the human race), and that is testimony not to the cleverness of the Church’s leaders, but to the protection of the Holy Spirit."
Wrong! they are inspired by Satan.

there are many many things about that church that goes against EVERYTHING Jesus taught.

(1 they are Idolaters
(2 they play Intermediary between God and man (only Jesus can claim that)
(3 the pagan worships of Rome are directly tied to coincide with the worship of Christ (dec. 25 )
( 4 they offer forgives, or sell, it to you, when only God can forgive.

the list goes on, but you get the gist of it.

the first Christ Mass was 453ad, i think, the pope at that time was, pope sixus 111, literally 666.
so yeah, you're right in a sense but it is not what you think. just my opinion of course

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min nanoanomaly 104,740
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Catcher1 981,317
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 14 min FireyFellow44 445,815
............"I never HAD any toys"....... 45 min Doctor REALITY 2
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 58 min Holy child Jehova... 46,176
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Holy child Jehova... 619,350
_____POPE Francis 100% EXPOSED_____ 3 hr andet1987 10
More from around the web