Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 653807 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#525278 Mar 29, 2014
they gave a woman (mary) credit for being the first witness to the resurrected Jesus and for carrying the message to the others, that he had risen. yet she wasn't a disciple even tho she was one of his biggest followers, why was/is that? at that time, women had no say in religious matters, so why give her credit for being the first to witness the biggest event in mankind?

June, what is your take on the above paragraph? I noticed you haven't tried to answer that.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#525279 Mar 29, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't know who does and who does not properly interpret Scripture then your just following man. You can know too Anthony but you refuse to humble yourself enough to receive HIM.
I do know. I have humbled myself to Christ and the infallible Church he founded for our salvation.

But as a protestant who believes in bible alone and private judgement with no authority but yourself, you cannot with any integrity and honesty proclaim to know.

You need to humble yourself Christ and the authority of His Church.

Location hidden

#525280 Mar 29, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
HOLY POOP!
Your one true god, all powerful suffered and died to send a message to mankind -- and then allowed the message to be distorted for 1500 years and more because?
99% of all humans who ever lived, or are alive today, never got the correct message?
You god sure is inept.
You just happen to be one of the lucky ones, probably because you were born right.
Sorry if I find that completely delusional and absurd to the extreme.
If my God thought mankind needed "saving," I think everyone would have an equal chance at justice.
My God is just.
Ramen
God didn't corrupt the word, man did!

your pineapple is served

Location hidden

#525281 Mar 29, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
You are almost there. Stop selling yourself short.
Yours is a higher level of bullpoop. Some refer to it as "Holy Poop!"
Thank you your holiness, for taking a first step toward the lite.
Ramen :o)
you trying to brainwash someone there bud?

you think your master is gonna bake you a cake?

all you're gonna get is a pineapple shoved up your a$$!!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#525282 Mar 29, 2014
billyboy169 wrote:
<quoted text> Blasphemy and paedophilia in the church of satan. The vicar of satan will not live long.
Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
marge

Leesburg, GA

#525283 Mar 29, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you ask someone to pray for you?
How do you know who to ask to pray for you if you don't know who has the Holy Spirit?

Location hidden

#525284 Mar 29, 2014
Hogo, Clay, ITB, Ant...and udder catliks...

You people are scared to death to face the truth...your egos are the size of elephants...you have swallowed so much slop from your pope you have stayed blind and deaf...

Your stupidity of looking in an English dictionary for the definition of a Greek word is stupidity at its most high!!!

Do what Christians do,,,show the definition of the Koine Greek word from which "church" was translated in Mt 16:18......

You will not do so..because that would prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that you are a bald--face liar...

BTW...that definition can be found in your NABre.....
Prove me wrong!!!!!

Worth repeating!!!!
You will not do so..because that would prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that you are a bald--face liar...
marge

Leesburg, GA

#525285 Mar 29, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I do know. I have humbled myself to Christ and the infallible Church he founded for our salvation.
But as a protestant who believes in bible alone and private judgement with no authority but yourself, you cannot with any integrity and honesty proclaim to know.
You need to humble yourself Christ and the authority of His Church.
For the husband is the head of the wife, as Christ also is the head of the church, He Himself being the Savior of the body.

And God placed all things under His feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church

Location hidden

#525286 Mar 29, 2014
How about it Catholic?? You champion "traditions" as your mainstay.. you trump the Word of God with your "traditions".

ITB, in support of same, quotes "Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle."

Paul was preaching to his fellow Jews on their Jewish traditionary law. To my knowledge only the Catholics lie about following these traditions when they have no idea what the tradionary law is!!!!

There are 613 Commandments in this law.......What are the first ten (10)????

ITB has no clue...can any of you help her answer my question??????

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#525287 Mar 29, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, you have no authority to infallibly interpret scripture. Every protestant group is bible-alone and claims to be able to interpret scripture on their own, therefore, each and every time you state the Catholic interpretation is wrong, you do so with nothing more that your own personal judgement. That's the creed you profess, better get used to admitting that your opinions are fallible.
And of course you're crazy if you think that being full of grace means you're a "deity". Mary was given grace by God. Jesus was filled with grace because He is God.
First of all, you better believe the roman church is not a Christian church, but that of the anti-Christ, but you already know that, don't you!
Your coven is guilty down through the centuries for crimes against humanity in their millions. Your coven is guilty of child rape and butchery of tens of thousands of innocent women. Your leaders, whom YOU worship, are the protectors of paedophiles and murderers, so YOU are no better than them. Roman doctrine is nothing more than a scribe to spread falsehoods, to control the masses and exploit the poor and the ignorant and rob them of their last bit of dignity. The roman followers commit blasphemy every minute of their waking hours.
The one named a pope, is no more than a devil incarnate, orchestrated by the puppet masters to spread false doctrine and blasphemy. The one named Ratzinger is a Nazi paedophile and he will die slowly and painfully! BTW and you say the pope talks for God, then you really are a sick heinous coven. Your house of cards will fall with a calamity of unprecedented disaster.
If you believe Mary actually gave virgin birth, then are no more than an ignorant fool. No wonder the more educated roman followers are leaving in their droves. The propaganda coming out from your coven would do Josef Goebbels proud and the masses do NOT believe one bit of it any longer! A fantasy created by devil worshippers!
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#525288 Mar 29, 2014
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Cannabis or hemp has been popular in Kentucky since before the 20th century, and NOW your judges and people of diploma aren't too happy about weed?
Sounds like politico-speak to me!
"Cannabis was one of the first plant species to be karyotyped; .......
"Kentucky" hemp, but were not found in pistillate individuals of the same variety.
Dioecious "Kentucky" hemp was assumed to use an XY mechanism. Heterosomes were not observed in analyzed individuals of monoecious "Kentucky" hemp....."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis
No wonder guys like George Washington wrote about wanting to head home early for the "hemp" harvest.
Yea...I bet ol' George did a lot of yard work.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#525289 Mar 29, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know who to ask to pray for you if you don't know who has the Holy Spirit?
We do know those in heaven do. Unlike you, we Christians don't judge who DOESN'T have the Spirit.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#525290 Mar 29, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
For the husband is the head of the wife, as Christ also is the head of the church, He Himself being the Savior of the body.
And God placed all things under His feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church
Right, Christ is the head of our Church. That's why He founded it.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#525291 Mar 29, 2014
Christ gave himself for the church, that he might sanctify it in this world, and glorify it in the next, that he might bestow on all his members a principle of holiness, and deliver them from the guilt, the pollution, and the dominion of sin, by those influences of the Holy Spirit.
Michael

Canada

#525292 Mar 29, 2014
yeah really wrote:
<quoted text> A man who is infatuated with the topic of priests molesting doesn't belong on topix, neither do his suppoerters. You really diagust people by supporting that perv. why do you support that nut ball? Why the heck do you say someone apposed to what he is doing is filthy when they post they are disgusted with his behavior? Maybe because you also have a strange obsession, you need some good mental help, constant help, like in a hospital. You are sick.

If you think everyone here sits around agreeing with each other, singing KOOM BY YA you are mistaken. You don't belong on Topix if you fear or embarassed to discuss tough Church TOPICS.

...... Scandals in the catholic church worldwide have been headline TOPICS for the past few years.

.. What is your fear to condemn those that created these scandals?

Get off TOPIX now if you can't stand the heat.

Location hidden

#525293 Mar 29, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well from your perspective, he does recognize that YOU are holy, and others are evil ... and to you that IS AWESOME!
I guess it wasn't so awesome for the Jews when the Catholic, Gnostic, Muslims and Protestants all claimed that the god loved only them and rejected the Jews.
That must have been a REAL bummer for those Jews.
Even Jesus couldn't get into heaven until he left Judaism.
Bunkology!
they gave a woman (mary) credit for being the first witness to the resurrected Jesus and for carrying the message to the others, that he had risen. yet she wasn't a disciple even tho she was one of his biggest followers, why was/is that? at that time, women had no say in religious matters, so why give her credit for being the first to witness the biggest event in mankind?

june will you attempt an answer at the paragraph there?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#525294 Mar 29, 2014
billyboy169 wrote:
<quoted text> First of all, you better believe the roman church is not a Christian church, but that of the anti-Christ, but you already know that, don't you!
Your coven is guilty down through the centuries for crimes against humanity in their millions. Your coven is guilty of child rape and butchery of tens of thousands of innocent women. Your leaders, whom YOU worship, are the protectors of paedophiles and murderers, so YOU are no better than them. Roman doctrine is nothing more than a scribe to spread falsehoods, to control the masses and exploit the poor and the ignorant and rob them of their last bit of dignity. The roman followers commit blasphemy every minute of their waking hours.
The one named a pope, is no more than a devil incarnate, orchestrated by the puppet masters to spread false doctrine and blasphemy. The one named Ratzinger is a Nazi paedophile and he will die slowly and painfully! BTW and you say the pope talks for God, then you really are a sick heinous coven. Your house of cards will fall with a calamity of unprecedented disaster.
If you believe Mary actually gave virgin birth, then are no more than an ignorant fool. No wonder the more educated roman followers are leaving in their droves. The propaganda coming out from your coven would do Josef Goebbels proud and the masses do NOT believe one bit of it any longer! A fantasy created by devil worshippers!
It's always interesting to hear the opinions from the non-Christian Deliverance folks. I'll bet you strum a fine banjo.

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#525295 Mar 29, 2014
"Jesus said his Church would be "the light of the world." He then noted that "a city set on a hill cannot be hid" (Matt. 5:14). This means his Church is a visible organization. It must have characteristics that clearly identify it and that distinguish it from other churches. Jesus promised, "I will build my Church and the gates of hell will not prevail against it" (Matt. 16:18). This means that his Church will never be destroyed and will never fall away from him. His Church will survive until his return.

Among the Christian churches, only the Catholic Church has existed since the time of Jesus. Every other Christian church is an offshoot of the Catholic Church. The Eastern Orthodox churches broke away from unity with the pope in 1054. The Protestant churches were established during the Reformation, which began in 1517.(Most of today’s Protestant churches are actually offshoots of the original Protestant offshoots.)

Only the Catholic Church existed in the tenth century, in the fifth century, and in the first century, faithfully teaching the doctrines given by Christ to the apostles, omitting nothing. The line of popes can be traced back, in unbroken succession, to Peter himself. This is unequaled by any institution in history.

Even the oldest government is new compared to the papacy, and the churches that send out door-to-door missionaries are young compared to the Catholic Church. Many of these churches began as recently as the nineteenth or twentieth centuries. Some even began during your own lifetime. None of them can claim to be the Church Jesus established.

The Catholic Church has existed for nearly 2,000 years, despite constant opposition from the world. This is testimony to the Church’s divine origin. It must be more than a merely human organization, especially considering that its human members— even some of its leaders—have been unwise, corrupt, or prone to heresy.

Any merely human organization with such members would have collapsed early on. The Catholic Church is today the most vigorous church in the world (and the largest, with a billion members: one sixth of the human race), and that is testimony not to the cleverness of the Church’s leaders, but to the protection of the Holy Spirit."

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#525296 Mar 29, 2014
Jesus said "build my church"
Not Build my churchES.

"Jesus established only one Church, not a collection of differing churches (Lutheran, Baptist, Anglican, and so on). The Bible says the Church is the bride of Christ (Eph. 5:23–32). Jesus can have but one spouse, and his spouse is the Catholic Church.

His Church also teaches just one set of doctrines, which must be the same as those taught by the apostles (Jude 3). This is the unity of belief to which Scripture calls us (Phil. 1:27, 2:2)."
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#525297 Mar 29, 2014
There's this one church in town where doctrine said the women couldn't wear ear rings or dresses,but they wore them anyway.

Does that make them sinners?

(well does it June VanDerMark?)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Aura Mytha 973,728
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 13 min Catcher1 63,596
music lovers 15 min Notiflow 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 27 min onemale 281,846
I prefer women's satin panties over men's under... 33 min Blondie 25
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr WasteWater 106,482
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr WasteWater 2,570
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr New Age Spiritual... 618,731
More from around the web