Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 653525 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#525218 Mar 29, 2014
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
AnthonyMN said, quote, "As someone who calls himself a deacon while name-calling and making vulgar sexual suggestions towards other Christians, I sincerely doubt you should be discussing the bible with anyone but your pastor whereby he/she could counsel you on "gettin' saved""End quote.
Name calling? Vulgar sexual suggestions? Wow, you are the king of the name callers. I expected this explosion of frustration when the Bible backed you into a corner and the only defense you had was "name calling".
Just as you admitted the truth about the Bishop of Bling why not confess your ignorance of Scripture and try to learn.
AnthonyMN, this is a small test. What are your thoughts on the following two verses. In John 1:14 Jesus is described as "full of grace and truth." In Luke 1:28 Mary is described as "highly favored". Do these two expressions have the same meaning? If so, please explain.
John 1:14, "And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth."
Luke 1:28, "And having come in, the angel said to her,“Rejoice, highly favored one, the Lord is with you; blessed are you among women!”
<quoted text>
OK, you established yourself as a good little Roman and I am the bad Protestant. Now, will you answer the questions or just dodge and run? Here, one more time.
AnthonyMN, this is a small test. What are your thoughts on the following two verses. In John 1:14 Jesus is described as "full of grace and truth." In Luke 1:28 Mary is described as "highly favored". Do these two expressions have the same meaning? If so, please explain.
John 1:14, "And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth."
Luke 1:28, "And having come in, the angel said to her,“Rejoice, highly favored one, the Lord is with you; blessed are you among women!”
"And the Word was made flesh, and came to dwell among us; and we had sight of his glory, glory such as belongs to the Father’s only-begotten Son, full of grace and truth."

"Into her presence the angel came, and said, Hail, thou who art full of grace; the Lord is with thee; blessed art thou among women."

My thoughts? You're using a bad translation.

Since: Sep 09

Fort Saint John, Canada

#525219 Mar 29, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Squat Pot is Hemp, No THC, it is just a weed and grows wild here, it is on the creek bank behind my house.. The Industrial Hemp is not marijuana..Big difference and anyone that knows anything about pot, would know that..
Well thanks for the information.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#525220 Mar 29, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>So what am I wrong about? Did he or did he not portray the flood as being worldwide? Only a fool will believe that the flood lof Noah was worldwide.
Apparently you believe God is a fool. Your thinking is stinking because your "god" is a small "god".

The Word of the Lord as found in Genesis 6:17, "For behold, I will bring a flood of waters upon the earth to destroy ALL FLESH IN WHICH IS THE BREATH OF LIFE UNDER HEAVEN. EVERYTHING that is on the earth shall die."

Fort Saint John, Canada

#525221 Mar 29, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Stories become Legend and Legend becomes Myth.
The City Of Troy was also thought Myth.
Did you know there is a city in Sumeria that is thought to be the Oldest civilization
on earth, not to mention the oldest know writing (Symbolism )
To me, that says a lot, but it is only my opinion.
Look at the beginning of the Ancient Egyptian culture and the symbolism on their headdress and how it changed after the birth of Horus. it is like a post mark for Satan stamped on their forehead.. I do not care what anyone says, them people wrote (Symbolized ) Exactly what was happening as a record for their future Generations. The very first temple built by the Ancient Egyptian is Dedicated to Hathor.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hathor
Look at that disk in them horns with the snake , them are not horns, but represent a womans womb, after the birth of horus, the "horns" are no longer there, but it is only a snake on their headdress. hathor, in my opinion, is the goddess of other cultures only renamed, has to be, cause hathor, would be the oldest known goddess..there is so much that relates to Ancient Sumera and Ancient Egypt than most people realize, in my opinion anyway.
As I suggested before you can pick your favorite myth and then argue with others about whose myths are real ... or you can admit that you really don't know the answers, and simply keep asking questions OF the myths.

It's your choice.

Making a myth a personalized favorite just makes you combative, as is proof positive on this forum as the Catholics and Protestants take daily combat with each other's myths as their "mission." Rarely does a kind word pass between them.

Fort Saint John, Canada

#525222 Mar 29, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Tony, Tony, Tony.....
Gen 6
5 The Lord saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time.
6 The Lord regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled.
7 ~~~~~So the Lord said, <<<“I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created>>>—and with them the animals, the birds and the creatures that move along the ground—for I regret that I have made them.”~~~~~
8 But Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord.
It's plain that you are still nurturing your "concept" of TRUTH as being based on a certainty.

Preachers refuse to step down off of their self-perceived pedestals.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#525223 Mar 29, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen. Thank you Patriot. OldJG
Cite your non anti-Catholic source. Amen. Thank you OldJG. Anthony MN

Fort Saint John, Canada

#525224 Mar 29, 2014
The Lord saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

That means that Christians were and are also evil.

WOW ... now THAT is a revelation.

Bunkology

Fort Saint John, Canada

#525225 Mar 29, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently you believe God is a fool.
You have created a god in your image. And that says it all.

You are a fool to your own folly ... believing that Jesus and ADONAI follow your every thought and support your sermons.

Silly humans.

Fort Saint John, Canada

#525226 Mar 29, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
THE EVIDENCE OF THE FLOOD IN NOAH'S DAY IS EASILY DOCUMENTED.
The flood myth is a rerun of other myths. The KJV stole the Noah-myth from the Catholic bible ... and the Catholics stole the myth from other sources.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

From the book “Weather Lore,” Reader’s Digest, Published 2007, comes the following…

Floods

After Noah, the best-known hero of the flood sagas is the Babylonian hero Gilgamesh, whose account is enshrined in the Epic of Gilgamesh. In ancient Sumer, the man chosen for survival was Ziusudra (meaning “he saw life”). The god Enki warned him of the gods’ decision to destroy mankind in a flood. His tale is found in the Eridu Genesis that dates back to the seventeenth century B.C.: Ziusudra is instructed to build a large boat. The flood persists for seven days, at the end of which, after making sacrifices to the gods, Ziusudra is rewarded with the gift of eternal life.

Fort Saint John, Canada

#525227 Mar 29, 2014
Imagine how much arrogance it takes for Christians to believe that all the other saviors in other religions were simply myths not to be trusted, yet the story of Jesus coming to save only Christians is absolute truth.

That arrogance is perceived as divine FAITH.

What a shame that humans are so stupefied by over-active imaginations.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#525228 Mar 29, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, I agree. the flood came about because of the Fallen Angels and the wickedness of man, which the fallen angels bred with the woman and defiled the beast, the Fallen Angels also taught them war, vanity, and other shyt..so the other Gods would have been the Fallen Angels, I think anyway. Satan is the God of the Earth, Jesus set himself apart from all other Gods. he stated he was not of this world.. really interesting stuff if one can piece it together. the different languages would explain the many different names for God or Gods, but they would be referring to the same one God or the different Gods of the Fallen Angels.I believe after the flood that all greek Gods and others, are referring to the Fallen Angels, pre flood ,as they would have been myths and legends by then. there is only one true God and any other being worshiped as such, would have been Deceit and Confusion, which would mean only one thing right? just my opinion but it all does relate if you have a little knowledge about it..
Fallen angels of one sort or another under the evil one...I believe indeed inspired in man to worship false deities..maybe even using powers...

Like the so called psychics of today ...they may very well have supernatural knowledge ...but from what source ??!!!
The bible warns strictly AGAINST them

The Evil one being afraid of the prophecy in the garden, I believe directed the defilement of the bloodline of man..(DNA we would call it today) so the prophecy could not come true...Noah was found to be a,true servant and undefiled....

Another instance of meddling, the attempt to kill off all of David's,descendants...

Like Herod killing the babies,in Bethlehem.

I listened to a great sermon on this and cannot remember who ..it was a few years ago ...I'll try to figure it out if you want ...very good preacher on CD ..

Make no mistake the evil one knows the scriptures and prophecies...better than we do ..to an extent ...but is,not all knowing as,God is ...I'm sure his,minions were whispering to those shouting for crucifixion ...

I'm sure he thought the Cross was a victory ...praise,God it was His,plan all along...though the Son suffered greatly to free us..

Sometimes I wonder why He would even want us to live with Him..as,we do s such evil with or without s spirits...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#525229 Mar 29, 2014
While watching the report of an earth quake in California.
A Landslide in Washington state and various reports of catastrophic events across the earth
.Plus the Wars that are currently raging I am reminded of the words of Jesus.

Mat_24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

Mar_13:8 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be earthquakes in divers places, and there shall be famines and troubles: these are the beginnings of sorrows.

Luk_21:11 And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.

the Bible also so says

Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Luk 21:29 And he spake to them a parable; Behold the fig tree, and all the trees;

Luk 21:30 When they now shoot forth, ye see and know of your own selves that summer is now nigh at hand.

Luk 21:31 So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.

Luk 21:32 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.

Luk 21:33 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.

Luk 21:34 And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.

Luk 21:35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.

NOTE
Luk 21:36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

Fort Saint John, Canada

#525230 Mar 29, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
The importance of water to the world's first civilizations:
Flooding would have been the common fear for every single one of the first civilizations, regardless of location.
Flooding is still the natural common fear of many humans today ... but many no longer believe that a god is angry at humans when flooding occurs.

Science has taught humans that nature is not malevolent by intent. Flooding simply occurs because that is nature's way of functioning.

Religion adds to human ignorance.

Fort Saint John, Canada

#525231 Mar 29, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Why do you think they tried to make a liar outta him? if there was no truth, why the lie and cover up?
To start a new religion and be LEADERS of Catholicism, Gnosticism, Islam and Protestantism ... rather than followers of Judaism.

Preachers don't like to follow if they can LEAD.

Ask any preacher of religion on this forum if they follow the theology of other men, and they will tell you they only follow the truth that stems from Jesus and God.

They honestly believe their minds are aligned to complete knowledge.

And they don't see their own arrogance, because the arrogance blocks their view of SELF.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#525232 Mar 29, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"And the Word was made flesh, and came to dwell among us; and we had sight of his glory, glory such as belongs to the Father’s only-begotten Son, full of grace and truth."
"Into her presence the angel came, and said, Hail, thou who art full of grace; the Lord is with thee; blessed art thou among women."
My thoughts? You're using a bad translation.
Your interpretation of ANY Bible translation is flawed if you believe the grace and truth found in the only begotten Son of God was also found in His mother.

If you believe what you wrote about YOUR Mary you must believe she has the same attributes of God in that she is omniscient, all knowing. That she is omnipresent, all present and all seeing. That she is omnipotent, all powerful.

This IS the Roman Catholic Mary. Not the mother of Jesus.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#525233 Mar 29, 2014
A Landslide in Washington state and various reports of catastrophic events across the earth
Mat_24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
Mar_13:8 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be earthquakes in divers places, and there shall be famines and troubles: these are the beginnings of sorrows.
Luk_21:11 And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.
the Bible also so says
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
Luk 21:29 And he spake to them a parable; Behold the fig tree, and all the trees;
Luk 21:30 When they now shoot forth, ye see and know of your own selves that summer is now nigh at hand.
Luk 21:31 So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.
Luk 21:32 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.
Luk 21:34 And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.
Luk 21:35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.
NOTE
Luk 21:36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.
This should be of interest to you two anyway ...as,you pay attention..

Some,say Feast of Trumpets.....would be apropos??

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#525234 Mar 29, 2014
the Bible also so says
NOTE
Sorry forgot the link.

One,of these WILL be,in the fall
http://m.youtube.com/watch...

Fort Saint John, Canada

#525235 Mar 29, 2014
Patriot wrote:
In a nutshell -
Pagan Rome infiltrated Christianity to survive and brought its' pagan practices with it.
Research it.
Actually Christianity invaded Pagan Rome with a new source of lies.

Christianity simply branched off of Paganism.

The word Ihcuc came from the Greek language and the Catholics used it and morphed it into the word Jesus to start their new religion.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#525236 Mar 29, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Imagine how much arrogance it takes for Christians to believe that all the other saviors in other religions were simply myths not to be trusted, yet the story of Jesus coming to save only Christians is absolute truth.
That arrogance is perceived as divine FAITH.
What a shame that humans are so stupefied by over-active imaginations.
Yes it is.

Mine is the only true God. All others are based on myth.

Use morality as a guide. Would a "true" God act like a tyrant and murder innocent children?

Of course not.

No true God would do such things. They worship a delusion.

Help them Junith.

Ramen

Fort Saint John, Canada

#525237 Mar 29, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Very interesting that "you June" a 21st century -(light bulb)--atheist has appointed yourself as the "new enlightened voice" of truth
I never claimed to know truth, because I don't even know if truth exists or if nature is actually always changing into other forms.

Only those in religion believe they know the "past" and can see the "future."

I just question everything, and post from my perception.

You have the same rights by posting what you are certain is Catholic truth and nothing but the Catholic universal truth.

I don't truth your concept of truth, and you don't trust mine ... and so it goes.

We are on a forum ... NOT in your church. I'm not here to please your emotions, as is your priest.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Hukt on Fonix 63,087
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Joe Fortuna 973,494
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 11 min Steve III 618,725
Straight/Gay Question 40 min ians185 7
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 281,802
'Good Morning America' anchor uses slur 1 hr every troll here ... 4
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 2 hr gundee123 787
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 hr RiccardoFire 106,459
More from around the web