Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,410
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#524733 Mar 27, 2014
The idea that a savior would side with one specific religion is ludicrous.

I suggest that truth in conjunction with religion is a misnomer. Truth would not divide believers into right-fighting packs of spitting venom at each other animals. It would unite people and affect them as marijuana affects the senses, to in turn chill out and be mellow and kind ... albeit stupefied in another "sense."

Prince George, Canada

#524734 Mar 27, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
We do not pray "to her" we ask her to PRAY for us.
Same deal. You pray to her to ask her to pray for you.

At any rate, if I was Mary and was real, I would tell you to go pound sand, as that is all you deserve for claiming her son abdicated his Jewish standing to listen to your Christian prayers.

You deserve nothing ... other than the lies that you preach come back on you.
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#524735 Mar 27, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And that means that you are trying to straighten out their thinking to suit your thinking.
It's always the same story in religion. "I know truth and you know dick-all!"
Ha ha!'dick-all' you dirty ol' dame you!

Prince George, Canada

#524736 Mar 27, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! i'm pretty sure that i've been on your list long before this last comment, June!;-)
btw- i'm a lover not a hater, but if loving Jesus is wrong (with gaytheist/haters) i don't wanna be right!
Do you believe that Jesus is offended by homosexuals having sex??? And do you believe that Jesus agrees with you that Atheists deserve eternal hell for not belonging to your Christian religion???

You won't answer my questions ... and that speaks volumes in how your conscience is fully aware that you are a liar.

Prince George, Canada

#524737 Mar 27, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! i'm pretty sure that i've been on your list long before this last comment, June!;-)
You are nothing special. All people in all religions are on my hit-list as being active-illusionists in their own "rights."

Prince George, Canada

#524738 Mar 27, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
lots of witchcraft came from rome/the RCC so you're much more roman catholic than i am:-)
Where do you get that nonsense, from what I posted?

June VanDerMark wrote:

<quoted text>
Protestantism branched off of Catholicism ... so it's roots are the same roots that fed the dogmas of Catholicism ... with a twist here and there from boobs such as Martin Luther and King James the first and his authorized liars.
marge

Ames, IA

#524739 Mar 27, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure. Why not? Why do you folks have such a hard time honoring those men and women the Lord chose? Do you think it takes away from the honor you heap upon yourselves? Are you jealous of them?
Yes I call them all blessed and think of the beautitudes where Jesus called all those blessed.

Prince George, Canada

#524740 Mar 27, 2014
On the program "Horizon" there was a story about the Hubble spacecraft having malfunction-problems each time it passed over the area known as the Bermuda Triangle ... long known to affect compasses in airplanes. After much study, it was found that the electro magnetic field in that area of the earth is weak and that is what tends to throw the compasses out of whack.

Once issues are understood, the mind no longer has a desire to go to the dark side of mysteries ... thinking there must be something sinister going on.

My hope is, that some day so much will be known by science, that religion will become an archaic thing of the past.

Prince George, Canada

#524742 Mar 27, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I call them all blessed and think of the beautitudes where Jesus called all those blessed.
Who do you believe Jesus curses???

After all, if he has no use for those who don't believe in him, that means he curses them ... RIGHT???

Or maybe he would put a curse on those who keep insinuating that he abandoned his Jews to favor Christians.

I wouldn't trust him to be faithful to you ... that's for sure!

tongue in cheek
yeah really

Falls City, NE

#524743 Mar 27, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
You pedophile supporters really do hate hearing about yourselves don't you.
That's only a small part of your deficiency.
Have you ever bitten another's ear off?
You appear to be a POE. You are really here defacing the cathaholics aren't you?
Just wait til the jesuit $$ gets their hands on you.
LOL!
AW it's little miss Sera Satan, how are ya?

Prince George, Canada

#524744 Mar 27, 2014
StarC wrote:
@ June,
Satan in the Old Testament ( assuming you have a Holy Bible, look under your cats, lol)
1kings22: 19-22
JB 1:6-12 (called Satan)
IS 14: 12 ( called other names)
The old testament is not original Judaism. It's a preparation for the breakaway Jews in their claim that a savior is expected.

The original monotheist Jews didn't NEED a savior in their dogmas, as they were already guaranteed the promise that they were ADONAI's chosen few.

The dogmas kept twisting and turning by the crafty pens of theologians, as they went along.

Prince George, Canada

#524745 Mar 27, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
lots of witchcraft came from rome/the RCC so you're much more roman catholic than i am:-)
Belief in a devil IS a form of witchcraft.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#524746 Mar 27, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly!!! Debate, discussion, arguing, bitching, disputing, disputation is ALL a bible only Protestant "thing" !!------in reality, It is all they know!!..They are "constantly "trying (unsuccessfully) to prove that their man-made religious beliefs are true and the fact is that they know that it CANNOT be proven, because I bible only was "never believed by anyone until the 18th century---------therefore "fundies" MUST rely on bashing and attacking the PROVEN historical and biblical Truth of Jesus Christ and His One Truth Catholic Church as the last resort..........The comical part about this is that none of the 42,200 plus agree with each other-----either!!!!....They are ALL rowing around in circles in their bible only boats more mad more confusion., more and more chaos and more and more contradiction !!!!!!!!!
The steadiness in the Catholic share of the nation’s souls disguises a lot of change. Americans like to switch religions. Data from the Pew Research Centre suggest that more than half of adult Americans have changed religion or denomination at some point. The Catholic church does particularly badly from such exchanges: for every convert it wins, four people leave. As a result, fully 10% of Americans are ex-Catholics. If abandoning Rome were a religion it would be the nation’s fourth-largest, says David Campbell of Notre Dame University. The outflow began before the scandal about child abuse by priests and the church’s habit of covering it up erupted, but that has not helped to win converts.

Prince George, Canada

#524747 Mar 27, 2014
Now we come to what I’m going to call “stage one” saviors in Hinduism. These are the gods and other beings who have at various times performed great feats in order to preserve the dharma of Hinduism. This is particularly true of the god Vishnu, who is said to have come to earth in physical form whenever there was a direct threat to the dharma in the universe. Traditionally, there are said to be ten of these saviors (avatars), including the well-known figures Krishna and Rama.

http://www.karma2grace.org/webcomponents/faq/ ...

Prince George, Canada

#524748 Mar 27, 2014
The World’s Sixteen Crucified Saviors … Christianity before Christ, by Kersey Graves … first published in 1875.

and finally these twenty Jesus Christs (accepting their character for the name) laid the foundation for the salvation of the world, and ascended back to heaven.

1. Chrishna of Hindostan.
2. Budha Sakia of India.
3. Salivahana of Bermuda
4. Zulis, or Zhule, also Osiris and Orus, of Egypt.
5. Odin of the Scandinavians.
6. Crite of Chaldea.
7. Zoroaster and Mithra of Persia.
8. Baal and Taut,“the only Begotten of God,” of Phenicia.
9. Indra of Thibet.
10. Bali of Afghanistan.
11. Jao of Nepaul.
12. Wittoa of the Bilingonese.
13. Thammuz of Syria.
14. Atys of Phrygia.
15. Xamolxis of Thrace.
16. Zoar of the Bonzes.
17. Adad of Assyria.
18. Deva Tat,aud Sammonocadam of Siam.
19. Alcides of Thebes.
20. Mikado of the Sintoos.
21. Beddru of Japan.
22. Hesus or Eros, and Bremrillah, of the Druids.
23. Thor, son of Odin, of the Gauls.
24. Cadmus of Greece.
25. Hil and Feta of the Mandaites.
26. Gentaut and Quexalcote of Mexico.
27. Universal Monarch of the Sibyls.
28. Ischy of the Island of Formosa.
29. Divine teacher of Plato.
30. Holy One of xaca.
31. Fohi and Tien of China.
32. Adonis, son of the virgin Io of Greece.
33. Ision and Quirinus of Rome.
34. Prometheus of Caucasus.
35. Mohammud, or Mahomet, of Arabia.

These have all received divine honors, have nearly all been worshiped as Gods, or sons of Gods; were mostly incarnated as Christs, Saviors, Messiahs, or Mediators; not a few of them were reputedly born of virgins; some of them filling a character almost identical with that ascribed by the Christian’s bible to Jesus Christ; many of them like him, are reported crucified; and all of them, taken together, furnish a prototype and parallel for nearly every important incident and wonder-inciting miracle, doctrine and precept recorded in the New Testament, of the Christian’s Savior. Surely, with so many Saviors the world cannot, or should not, be lost.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#524749 Mar 27, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i would use just about ANYTHING but the gaytheist's 'science' fiction books;-)
Wow, you hate gays more than a "corrupt and idolatrous system right from its satanic conception."

LOL, the gays seem to own you.

Them along with your so-called Holy Book straight from the corrupt system.

Why not open your mind and come to the one true, no-nonsense God who had NOTHING to do with the corrupt system which gave you the wrong holy book.

You know it, I know it. Now if you can only get past the Primacy Effect and let go of all that bunk you were taught as a child.

Come to the lite of truth.

Ramen
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#524750 Mar 27, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
The World’s Sixteen Crucified Saviors … Christianity before Christ, by Kersey Graves … first published in 1875.
and finally these twenty Jesus Christs (accepting their character for the name) laid the foundation for the salvation of the world, and ascended back to heaven.
1. Chrishna of Hindostan.
2. Budha Sakia of India.
3. Salivahana of Bermuda
4. Zulis, or Zhule, also Osiris and Orus, of Egypt.
5. Odin of the Scandinavians.
6. Crite of Chaldea.
7. Zoroaster and Mithra of Persia.
8. Baal and Taut,“the only Begotten of God,” of Phenicia.
9. Indra of Thibet.
10. Bali of Afghanistan.
11. Jao of Nepaul.
12. Wittoa of the Bilingonese.
13. Thammuz of Syria.
14. Atys of Phrygia.
15. Xamolxis of Thrace.
16. Zoar of the Bonzes.
17. Adad of Assyria.
18. Deva Tat,aud Sammonocadam of Siam.
19. Alcides of Thebes.
20. Mikado of the Sintoos.
21. Beddru of Japan.
22. Hesus or Eros, and Bremrillah, of the Druids.
23. Thor, son of Odin, of the Gauls.
24. Cadmus of Greece.
25. Hil and Feta of the Mandaites.
26. Gentaut and Quexalcote of Mexico.
27. Universal Monarch of the Sibyls.
28. Ischy of the Island of Formosa.
29. Divine teacher of Plato.
30. Holy One of xaca.
31. Fohi and Tien of China.
32. Adonis, son of the virgin Io of Greece.
33. Ision and Quirinus of Rome.
34. Prometheus of Caucasus.
35. Mohammud, or Mahomet, of Arabia.
These have all received divine honors, have nearly all been worshiped as Gods, or sons of Gods; were mostly incarnated as Christs, Saviors, Messiahs, or Mediators; not a few of them were reputedly born of virgins; some of them filling a character almost identical with that ascribed by the Christian’s bible to Jesus Christ; many of them like him, are reported crucified; and all of them, taken together, furnish a prototype and parallel for nearly every important incident and wonder-inciting miracle, doctrine and precept recorded in the New Testament, of the Christian’s Savior. Surely, with so many Saviors the world cannot, or should not, be lost.
My one true God had nothing to do with those tragic and pointless deaths.

Ramen

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#524751 Mar 27, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And that means that you are trying to straighten out their thinking to suit your thinking.
It's always the same story in religion. "I know truth and you know dick-all!"
Again, No.

They say oner thing, I post to show their errors.

You don't quite understand this, because you are biased of "Christians".
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#524752 Mar 27, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, there's lots of reasons like abortion, contraception, gay marriage, wymyn priests, divorce and remarriage, confession, fasting, going to Church on Sunday instead of sleeping in because you're hung over. All ideologies of secularized society where these are considered morally acceptable and which the Church has taught against for 2000 years.
Again Mike, I don't worry one iota about what non-practicing Catholics do. Why do you?
......Two generations and all this has happened. Maybe the pendulum will swing back.

Prince George, Canada

#524753 Mar 27, 2014
JUDAISM AND CHRISTIANITY:
THE DIFFERENCES

Jews vary about what they think of Jesus as a man. Some respect him as an ethical teacher who accepted Jewish law, as someone who didn't even see himself as the messiah, who didn't want to start a new religion at all. Rather, Jesus is seen by these Jews as someone who challenged the religious authorities of his day for their practices. In this view, he meant to improve Judaism according to his own understanding not to break with it. Whatever the Jewish response is, one point is crucial. No one who is Jewish, no born Jew and no one who converts to Judaism, can believe in Jesus as the literal son of God or as the messiah. For the Jewish people, there is no God but God.

http://www.convert.org/Judaism_and_Christiani...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Dally Mama 775,092
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 7 min andet1987 5,105
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min Rick in Kansas 265,116
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 12 min andet1987 5,713
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 13 min shyam 1,264
End of the word game. (Dec '08) 16 min andet1987 1,402
Last Word + 2 29 min andet1987 977
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 56 min imbeciles 604,995
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Clearwater 175,610
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 13 hr Barnsweb 441,764