Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 25,327)

Showing posts 506,521 - 506,540 of532,203
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2014

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Right Mike. You spend all day touting the small numbers of Catholics who attend mass and follow the teachings of the Church. Actually you have an issue with Catholics. I have no issues with Catholics-in-name-only, they don't come to Church, they vote for pro-abortion and gay marriage legislators, and essentially have no say-so in what the Church does or how it operates. Get back to me when you have the voting records of faithful Catholics who attend weekly and daily mass and adhere to the teachings of the Church. I've said all along I would welcome a much smaller Church if it would eliminate the phonies out there.
Obama is gettin' an earful from Francis, I can guarantee it.
Playing pigeon chess with church monopoly properties in the US is more likely.
Park Place in Germany is already being dissolved and remortgaged.
LOL!

“OneLordOneFaithE ph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray forUS.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2014

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Makes no difference to me since we are all united in the Truth and. Salvation in Jesus Christ in and through His Catholic Church. That is what counts!!!!!
Amen hojo!!

We are of one mind as Jesus wanted.

Why would we debate with each other.

<><

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2014

Keep in mind that from the beginning of Christianity theologians put down all the writing from their magic pens.

It's quite the DEAL. Ihcuc from Greek became Jesus of Catholicism, and a new religion sprung up on earth as the one and only truth EVER to come flooding from the sky.

Bull-cookies.

Every religion bragged and still brags of owning truth.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Truthiness "act or quality of preferring concepts or facts one wishes to be true, rather than those known to be true," catch word popularized in this sense by U.S. comedian Stephen Colbert, declared by American Dialect Society to be "2005 Word of the Year."
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2014

OldJG wrote:
The Roman Catholic Bishop of Bling OUTRAGEOUS.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/03/26/us -...
<quoted text>
The standard Roman Catholic response......quote
"Well OldJG we Roman Catholics are not the only thieves you know" end quote.
Great defense. LOL LOL LOL
<quoted text>
So you are justifying the actions of your Roman Catholic bishop by saying he is not the only thief? Beautiful. Thank you for your Roman insight.
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You posted the "Bishop of Bling" article. Own it. Or would you like me to hand you an e-tissue?
Actually I claim to be the poster of the Bishop of Bling article. I never denied it. You, on the other hand cannot fess up to your pathetic Roman Catholic bologna. You can hand me an e-tissue if you would like but how do I hand you an e-conscience? Just sayin'

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2014

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The Jews never had a devil in their dogmas. The Catholic church fathers created Satan as God's main, dependable, "helper" in burning rejects for eternity.
WRONG. Jews called the devil Satan.

The Jewish view...

"Judaism does not believe in the devil, but we do believe in Satan (who more properly should be called "the Satan"). As this demonstrates, the Jewish view of Satan is very different than the Christian one. "
Here's a summary of the Jewish view; you can also find information at Alyza (Gretchen) Shapiro's web site at http://www.geocities.com/alyzab/Jewish/satan....

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2014

There is only ONE reason Christians worship the word Jesus. They honestly believe that he is going to come and take them to heaven.

If they didn't believe that Jesus was of use to them, they would have no use for the word Jesus ... period.

I suggest that such users don't deserve rewards.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2014

No Roman Catholic on this forum has provided Biblical proof of the attributes they claim regarding Mary the mother of Jesus listed below:

1. Mother of God
2. Sinless
3. Queen of heaven
4. Perpetual virgin
5. Assumed into heaven
6. Co-redeemer
7. Mother of the church
8. Co-mediator
9. Immaculate conception of Mary

We Christians will wait for a Biblical response.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2014

StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG. Jews called the devil Satan.
The Jewish view...
"Judaism does not believe in the devil, but we do believe in Satan (who more properly should be called "the Satan"). As this demonstrates, the Jewish view of Satan is very different than the Christian one. "
Here's a summary of the Jewish view; you can also find information at Alyza (Gretchen) Shapiro's web site at http://www.geocities.com/alyzab/Jewish/satan....
Those are Christians in the guise of Jews.

The original monotheistic Jews had no devil in their literature.

Jehovah creates both good and evil ... covered the evil part needed in Judaism.

That meant that people could choose to follow the evil side of the God Jehovah ... or the good side of Jehovah.

Jehovah had a split personality.

The Christianized version of the same god also has a split personality, but the Christians added the devil for extra fear in their version of truth.

Liars ... one and all.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2014

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Makes no difference to me since we are all united in the Truth and. Salvation in Jesus Christ in and through His Catholic Church. That is what counts!!!!!
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen hojo!!
We are of one mind as Jesus wanted.
Why would we debate with each other.
<><
StarC said, quote, "We are of one mind as Jesus wanted." End quote.

Of all the things you have lost it is your mind you miss the most. When you confess to being of one mind with "hojo" it is nothing to brag about. In fact if I were you I would see a doctor about it right away.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2014

hojo wrote:
The historical and biblical "factual proof" of this forum is that the Catholic Church IS the One True (Apostolic-Universal-Catholic) Church that has existed for over 2000 years-----and-----was initiated,formed and established by Jesus Christ himself! It is not the "only" Christian Church --however it is the "One True Church" as over 42,000 other "man-made"
Bible only denominations (since the reformation) have brought nothing but confusion, contradiction, half-truth Christianity and division among the Christian believers!!!
Dream on....coward...
It is worth repeating that you are repeating a lie...

The stupidity you exhibit is outstanding!!!!!
Show us the definition of the Koine Greek word from which "church" was translated in that verse......

You will not do so..because that would prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that you are a bald--face liar...

BTW...that definition can be found in your NABre.....
Prove me wrong!!!!!

Worth repeating!!!!
You will not do so..because that would prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that you are a bald--face liar...

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2014

OldJG wrote:
We Christians will wait for a Biblical response.
Are you expecting truth any time soon to pop out of the bible???

What shape will it take to convince you that "truth" is suited to your perception of your own image of holiness???

You can't see your own arrogance, because it blocks your view.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2014

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't need to be put on Facebook! The entire population of the world already knows that it is the One True Apostolic (Universal -Catholic) Church that only Jesus HIMSELF gave to us over 2000 years ago........Just because you willfully and rebelliously refuse to accept this (proven-to-be) historical and biblical TRUTH, doesn't change this FACTUAL TRUTH!!!
You continue to live with your bible only half-truth Christianity, along with the rest of your other 42,200 plus Protestant contradicting beliefs in which your own "relative truth personal opinion" is the "final authority!!!!!!!
Dream on....coward...

Show us the definition of the Koine Greek word from which "church" was translated in that verse......

Prove me wrong!!!!!

Worth repeating!!!!

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2014

Judged:

OldJG wrote:
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
StarC said, quote, "We are of one mind as Jesus wanted." End quote.
Of all the things you have lost it is your mind you miss the most. When you confess to being of one mind with "hojo" it is nothing to brag about. In fact if I were you I would see a doctor about it right away.
Yet if StarC was of one mind with YOU, you would believe that she and Jesus and YOU were all on the same wave-length of purity and grace and holiness.

You are motivated by nothing but ego.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2014

Judged:

Obama meets with Pope at time of 'tense' relations with Church

By Kevin J. Jones

Pope Francis and US President Barack Obama speak during a private audience at athe Vatican, March 27, 2014. Credit: ANSA/OSSERVATORE ROMANO.

Vatican City, Mar 27, 2014 / 11:49 am (CNA/EWTN News).- U.S. President Barack Obama’s March 27 meeting with Pope Francis comes at a time of tension between his administration and the Church over religious liberty, several Catholic leaders have said.

“There has been a great deal of acrimony over issues related to religious freedom. This is something new and quite serious, since it affects the ability of the Church to carry out its mission,” V. Bradley Lewis, a philosophy professor at the Catholic University of America, told CNA March 26.

He said relations between the U.S. government and the Catholic Church are “quite vexed … I don't believe they have been this vexed in my memory.”

Many Catholic dioceses, charities, universities, health care systems, and even the Little Sisters of the Poor, have filed legal challenges against the Obama administration’s mandate requiring most employers to cover or aid access to procedures and drugs that violate Catholic teaching: sterilization and contraception, including some abortion-causing drugs.

Lewis said that the contraception mandate has been “a source of great tension,” it is “not an isolated incident.”

The Obama administration has revised conscience protection rules in federal health care law, and argued against protecting the hiring decisions of religious groups before the U.S. Supreme Court – an argument rejected in a unanimous decision by the justices.

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/obama-...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2014

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church doesn't need to convert "anybody"!!!! For over 2000 years, the Holy Spirit has guided the Church and has brought "billions and billions" of its followers to the TRUE Faith and Salvation in Jesus Christ---NOT----with "soap box - bible waiving preachers but by the Spirit of God through Jesus Christ by The TRUTH of True Conversion of the heart, mind and soul......The 21st century is no exception!!!..... Thousands and thousands of new converts from bible only Protestantism who have been "imprisoned" in the Protestant darkness of bible only half-truth Christianity, are coming to the TRUTH of the Fullness of the faith and the Fullness of the TRUE in Jesus Christ in and through His One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church. In the 3rd century it was Tertillian who said that " the blood of the Martyrs is the seed of the Church" which has not changed for over 2000 years!
Dream on....coward...

Prove me wrong!!!!!

Worth repeating!!!!

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2014

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Dream on....coward...
Prove me wrong!!!!!
Worth repeating!!!!
Do you believe that you draw Jesus to your own mindset???

None of you will answer my questions, because you know that you base your sermons on arrogance and nothing BUT self-serving arrogance.
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2014

June The Loon wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you expecting truth any time soon to pop out of the bible???
What shape will it take to convince you that "truth" is suited to your perception of your own image of holiness???
You can't see your own arrogance, because it blocks your view.
And your smuggness over shaddows us all.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2014

Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Who do you worship?
Fact: with few changes, you use the RCC Bible.
Yet you admit that your Holy Book was compiled by a "corrupt and idolatrous system right from its satanic conception."
That doesn't sound very complementary of your own Holy Book.
Maybe it is a plant by Satan. After all, does a TRUE GOD get angry, or jealous, or vengeful?
Of course not, because those are traits of the devil, right?
Maybe you are beginning to see the light! You have been tricked by Satan. Mine is the only one true God.
The true God doesn't get emotional. The true God doesn't murder people.
Who are you really worshipping? I believe you just told yourself.
Ramen
i would use just about ANYTHING but the gaytheist's 'science' fiction books;-)

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2014

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Still trying to lead the Christians to follow you and Jesus HUH???
How funny.
No - just pointing out the lies that so-called "Christians" state in the forum.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2014

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Protestantism branched off of Catholicism ... so it's roots are the same roots that fed the dogmas of Catholicism ... with a twist here and there from boobs such as Martin Luther and King James the first and his authorized liars.
lots of witchcraft came from rome/the RCC so you're much more roman catholic than i am:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 506,521 - 506,540 of532,203
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

451 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Is homosexuality an ABOMINATION?? 2 min Doctor REALITY 4
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min Aura Mytha 223,973
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min dirty white boy- 719,759
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 12 min lisw 172,171
Placing children in homosexual homes is MORALLY... 13 min Doctor REALITY 13
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 13 min Take Your Country Back 114,924
Most # 1 NBA draft picks start with crummy team... 19 min Doctor REALITY 2
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 53 min Porkpie Hat 256,334
•••