Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 673314 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#524929 Mar 28, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
lol - I am not my own pope ...Get a clue...the DIFFERENCE is that I have not set myself up on the world stage, formed my own country, called myself 'father' and ordered the murder of heretics. And if YOU think anyone doing such as that IS - through some miracle - interpreting the Bible correctly ... you are sorely mistaken.
I'll tell you what you WANT to believe.

Jesus supports ALL of your interpretation of biblical words.

THERE ... does that feed your ego what it desires???

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#524930 Mar 28, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as interpreting Scripture you apparently cannot interpret or understand Scripture because the Holy Spirit has not revealed anything to you.
I'll tell you what you WANT to believe.

Jesus supports ALL of your interpretation of biblical words.

THERE ... does that feed your ego what it desires???
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#524931 Mar 28, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for this historic update.
Did you receive the e-conscience I forwarded to you?
For the record you need a spelling lesson from Oscar Mayer in regards to "bologna". This is the correct spelling. Baloney must be the Roman spelling.
As far as interpreting Scripture you apparently cannot interpret or understand Scripture because the Holy Spirit has not revealed anything to you.
Have a great weekend and remember me when you eat and drink the literal living Jesus this weekend. LOL LOL LOL
"As far as interpreting Scripture you apparently cannot interpret or understand Scripture because the Holy Spirit has not revealed anything to you."

According to many protestants here and elsewhere you cannot interpret or understand scripture because the Holy Spirit has not revealed anything to you. According to many protestants here and elsewhere your language and sexual innuendos bear witness that you aren't a "true born again believer".

Again, who in protestantism is the authority to interpret scripture? Who in protestantism can infallibly declare who is born again and who isn't?

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#524932 Mar 28, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
We should be closer as Christians...
WHY???

Do you believe that Muslims (without converting to Christianity) will be in heaven with you???

I suggest that both religions are totally lacking in morality as they perceive each other as evil offenders of the "same" god!!!

Bunkology

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#524933 Mar 28, 2014
Ellen wants to make the Inuits over in her own image. Amazing how self-centered humans become if given any power whatsoever.

Yet she doesn't attack the beef or pork or chicken industries.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Canadian Inuit taking on Ellen DeGeneres' famous Oscars photo

In statements on her website, DeGeneres, a vegan, calls the hunt "one of the most atrocious and inhumane acts against animals allowed by any government."

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/entertainment/Can...

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#524934 Mar 28, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"As far as interpreting Scripture you apparently cannot interpret or understand Scripture because the Holy Spirit has not revealed anything to you."
I'll bet you can hear Jesus in your brain saying ... "YES YES, I agree with everything you post."

If allowed ... arrogance works its magic spell in that exact way.
guest

United States

#524935 Mar 28, 2014
guest wrote:
-
-
lol - I am not my own pope ...Get a clue...the DIFFERENCE is that I have not set myself up on the world stage, formed my own country, called myself 'father' and ordered the murder of heretics. And if YOU think anyone doing such as that IS - through some miracle - interpreting the Bible correctly ... you are sorely mistaken.
-
-
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll tell you what you WANT to believe.
Jesus supports ALL of your interpretation of biblical words.
THERE ... does that feed your ego what it desires???
-
-
lol
I am too fallible for Jesus to support ANY of my 'errors' of belief - if he did, he would be a liar.
Michael

Canada

#524936 Mar 28, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Why on earth do you care? Find a different hobby.
...I care deeply.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#524937 Mar 28, 2014
I suggest that Ellen (of all people) should know better than to pick on the Inuit people who have been hunting seals for their livelihood long before Ellen existed.

As a homosexual, she (her self) has been the target of "evil" behavior.

But humans are slow to learn.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#524938 Mar 28, 2014
guest wrote:
lol
I am too fallible for Jesus to support ANY of my 'errors' of belief - if he did, he would be a liar.
If you believed you were fallible, you wouldn't be using a bible at all ... much less to preach at others about how to be moral.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#524939 Mar 28, 2014
People go to their religious literature for the reason of wanting to learn how to be HOLY.

What a sick joke.

Then they pick up those books and start preaching at others HOW to be HOLY.

And history proves that if you don't learn HOW to be HOLY, they will kill you for not wanting to learn that holiness means what THEY say it says.

Idiots!
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#524940 Mar 28, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...I care deeply.
lol. You're "agnostic".

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#524941 Mar 28, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, take a breather Rose. They bring scandal to the Church no doubt, but the only reason they are even on TV or at an installation mass is because they are diplomats representing the USA (unfortunately). If they weren't they'd be sitting at home watching like everyone else.
Unfortunately can't see that happening..

On a change of subject.

The new movie Noah ...supposedly uses only Creator not God ..to appeal to all people..

.portrays the big SIN as sins against the Earth ....as we hear worshipped in our age ...eco loft

and may have babies on the Ark that Noah is think I Nguyen of killing so as,not to promote polluting the Earth ...

I thought I'd see it..but now,I won't..what a shame if this is the case...

The producer or director is,atheist .

Let's,all worship mother earth ...God help us. I thought this,was a,biblical movie ...sad

If you find out differently ..let me know,....I won't spend a dime

They ARE repeating g the BIBLE on History 2, it's good enough so far ...And I do want to see Son of God .

I know it's,all Hollywood ..but G of can use any REAL seed that's,planted.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#524942 Mar 28, 2014
They call their supposed quest to prove that religions are compatible with each other "The Interfaith movement."

And each day new denominations spring up out of the "would-work" all claiming to preach the one and only truth in the universe.

Ego that divides has no intention of uniting. NONE whatsoever.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

From the book,“A History of Christianity,” edited by Clyde L. Manschreck.

In one of our American communities, a congregation called itself The Church of God. They could not agree among themselves and having split asunder, the split called itself, The True Church of God. They, in turn divided and the new group called itself The Only True Church of God.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#524943 Mar 28, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"When capitalized it signifies Mary was more than just a blessed woman. She is not holy and she is not deity. She is a sinner in need of a Savior. Actually Jesus never called her blessed but I believe she was obedient according to Gods will."
Not only shall all generations call her blessed, her soul magnifies the Lord, she is the mother of our Lord God (Adonai), St. John the Baptist leaps at the sound of her voice, she is "full of grace (kecharitomene) she is a holy saint (in Hebrew "qaddiysh") means "holy" ones. Scripture says "Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb." and "Because he that is mighty, hath done great things to me; and holy is his name."
"Would you agree a bond slave is nothing more than the definition listed above. This definition defines Mary to a "T". She was nothing more than a bond slave giving herself up to another's will those whose service is used by God in extending and advancing His cause among men."
No where does scripture describe her as a "vessel, nothing more". In fact St. Luke's Gospel above describes her as far more.
"The Latin Vulgate is a corrupt version of the original Hebrew and Greek text."
By whose authority do you make such a claim?
AnthonyMN said, quote, "Not only shall all generations call her blessed, her soul magnifies the Lord, she is the mother of our Lord God (Adonai), St. John the Baptist leaps at the sound of her voice, she is "full of grace (kecharitomene) she is a holy saint (in Hebrew "qaddiysh") means "holy" ones. Scripture says "Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb." and "Because he that is mighty, hath done great things to me; and holy is his name." End quote.

The word "kecharitomene" cannot be found in Strong Lexicon. This must be another Roman Catholic invented word to fit Mary.

Qaddiysh (Aramaic)...note, this is not Hebrew word. Where can I find the Bible using this word when referring to Mary. I am patient and can wait.

Mary is not the mother of God. Just a wild guess but God was here before Mary, right? LOL LOL LOL

Mary, if she was saved, is the same type of saint any saved believer would be. No better and no worse. Luke 1:47, "And my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior." Mary admitted she needed a Savior and cannot be saved apart from Him(Jesus). She is not "holy" and she is not a "deity".

The following defines Mary and all of us.....

Romans 3:9-12, 9 " What then? Are we Jews any better off? No, not at all. For we have already charged that all, both Jews and Greeks, are UNDER SIN, 10 as it is written: "NONE is righteous, no, NOT ONE.; 11 NO ONE understands; NO ONE seeks for God. 12 ALL have turned aside; TOGETHER THEY have become worthless; NO ONE does good, NOT EVEN ONE.”

UNDER SIN, NONE, NOT ONE, NO ONE, NOT EVEN ONE all describe Mary in the verses listed above.

Mary called herself a "BOND SLAVE". Why would the Roman Catholic church call her anything different?

OldJG said, quote, "The Latin Vulgate is a corrupt version of the original Hebrew and Greek text." End quote.

AnthonyMN said, quote, "By whose authority do you make such a claim?" End quote.

The vast majority of Biblical scholars discount the accuracy of the Latin Vulgate when translated from Latin to English. In particular the words "full of grace" never appeared until the verse was mistranslated. "Full of grace" is a Roman thing not a Biblical thing.

Have you had enough AnthonyMN? When discussing the Bible with you I feel as if I am battling a second grade little girl. Do your homework. Don't just mouth what your priest tells you to think and say. OK.
guest

United States

#524944 Mar 28, 2014
guest wrote:
lol
I am too fallible for Jesus to support ANY of my 'errors' of belief - if he did, he would be a liar.
-
-
June VanDerMark wrote:
If you believed you were fallible, you wouldn't be using a bible at all ... much less to preach at others about how to be moral.
-
-
How does one argue: "If you believed you were fallible, you wouldn't be using a bible at all"?
it is completely void of logic! In your world do I need to believe that I am perfect to use a Bible? but, if I were perfect, I wouldn't need a Bible.
-
and you are preaching to others on how to be moral? You flip-flop so much no one really knows where you are coming from. At least I am coming from the position that it is not ok for the leader of the Catholic Church to order the murder of heretics and cover up for pedophiles. I haven't changed my position on that and do NOT support the Catholic Church, which HAS ordered the murder of heretics and covered up for pedophiles. For centuries. What is so immoral about my pointing out that the Catholic Church has?

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#524945 Mar 28, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
lol. You're "agnostic".
Are you indicating that Agnostics can't care deeply???

You really are an arrogant BOOB ... aren't YOU???

Agnostics don't want people in religion to kill each other over defending their own dogmas.

I suggest that means that Agnostics care deeply about that issue.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#524946 Mar 28, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, take a breather Rose. They bring scandal to the Church no doubt, but the only reason they are even on TV or at an installation mass is because they are diplomats representing the USA (unfortunately). If they weren't they'd be sitting at home watching like everyone else.
And yes they rile me....Just bugs me the girls,get excommunicated u indicated but not those three especially ..long history against pro-life ...

Sigh. It's sad

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#524947 Mar 28, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
AnthonyMN said, quote, "Not only shall all generations call her blessed, her soul magnifies the Lord, she is the mother of our Lord God (Adonai), St. John the Baptist leaps at the sound of her voice, she is "full of grace (kecharitomene) she is a holy saint (in Hebrew "qaddiysh") means "holy" ones. Scripture says "Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb." and "Because he that is mighty, hath done great things to me; and holy is his name." End quote.
The word "kecharitomene" cannot be found in Strong Lexicon. This must be another Roman Catholic invented word to fit Mary.
Qaddiysh (Aramaic)...note, this is not Hebrew word. Where can I find the Bible using this word when referring to Mary. I am patient and can wait.
Mary is not the mother of God. Just a wild guess but God was here before Mary, right? LOL LOL LOL
Mary, if she was saved, is the same type of saint any saved believer would be. No better and no worse. Luke 1:47, "And my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior." Mary admitted she needed a Savior and cannot be saved apart from Him(Jesus). She is not "holy" and she is not a "deity".
The following defines Mary and all of us.....
Romans 3:9-12, 9 " What then? Are we Jews any better off? No, not at all. For we have already charged that all, both Jews and Greeks, are UNDER SIN, 10 as it is written: "NONE is righteous, no, NOT ONE.; 11 NO ONE understands; NO ONE seeks for God. 12 ALL have turned aside; TOGETHER THEY have become worthless; NO ONE does good, NOT EVEN ONE.”
UNDER SIN, NONE, NOT ONE, NO ONE, NOT EVEN ONE all describe Mary in the verses listed above.
Mary called herself a "BOND SLAVE". Why would the Roman Catholic church call her anything different?
OldJG said, quote, "The Latin Vulgate is a corrupt version of the original Hebrew and Greek text." End quote.
AnthonyMN said, quote, "By whose authority do you make such a claim?" End quote.
The vast majority of Biblical scholars discount the accuracy of the Latin Vulgate when translated from Latin to English. In particular the words "full of grace" never appeared until the verse was mistranslated. "Full of grace" is a Roman thing not a Biblical thing.
Have you had enough AnthonyMN? When discussing the Bible with you I feel as if I am battling a second grade little girl. Do your homework. Don't just mouth what your priest tells you to think and say. OK.
Do you really need to post that many words to teach others how to be as saintly as is the image you hold of your self???

:)
Michael

Canada

#524948 Mar 28, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
lol. You're "agnostic".
...It breaks my heart when I see the catholics/protestants fighting over a man that ONLY they claim existed in the form they believe.

....I care deeply.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 18 min bad bob 184,621
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 54 min COOTERDOG 104,747
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Gabriel 981,360
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr True Christian-Jew 445,873
ex wives of PTSD veterans (Mar '12) 1 hr Heavenschild 35
_____POPE Francis 100% EXPOSED_____ 1 hr True Christian-Jew 8
Racism, Genocide and BIG OIL 3 hr Perry Mason jr 4
More from around the web