Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665126 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Liam

Aurora, CO

#524909 Mar 28, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
Whenever the popes are "not speaking from the chair of Peter" they are prone to some pretty fantastic lies, are they not, Liam? they are quite prolific at them, too, are they not, Liam?
-
In fact - using your ex cathedra doctrine as an escape hatch - you can write off any manner of horror committed by the leader of your church as some sort of 'freak accident' and not 'truly' fully catholic or spiritual. Kind of like a 'get out of jail free' card ...
-
You said, "popes are NOT infallible when giving their personal opinion" -- only thing, Liam, is that WHATEVER a pope says that contradicts *The Word of God* IS PERSONAL OPINION.
-
So. Ignore everything the Bible says and continue on in your defending the fallible popes spewing forth their personal opinions.
-
Think of it this way - The Word of God was spoken from the Throne Of God and not subject to editing by a fallible pope speaking form the Chair of Peter.
Get a clue. Are you interpreting the Bible correctly? How do you know this?
It could be said that YOU are your own pope. So what's the difference?

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#524910 Mar 28, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
This board explains something!
This board explains why all the Christians communes have been miserable failures.
When people come together in an attempt to live the religious delusion with fellow believers, it falls apart and the bickering about what the delusion means start up - just like this board.
Exactly.

I watched a news blurp on Youtube last evening about the leaders of religions trying to get together and show the world how the core teaching of all religions is LOVE. They want to impress that notion on leaders of governments.

Surely they JEST.

The moment they start throwing scriptures at each other ... the movement will flare up into a fire of its own making and they will start throwing furniture at each other.

We see the same type of behavior on this forum every day.

Religion is not about loving each other. Its' about preaching at each other how to please the creator and how to avoid the pitfalls of hells ... of all the idiocy!!!

Quesnel, Canada

#524911 Mar 28, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The prophecy says they will return ...Jewish ...return to the land..nothing about baptism.
There are already Jewish believers...but no not all the country is..the REMNANT will be saved ..that's,God's,work.
When Christ comes they will kneel before Him and know He is,Messiah
However ..whenever it happens CHRIST will return to Jerusalem ...as prophesied..not to Rome...and it appears your popes have figured this out and want to own the Mount ...how odd for the New,Israel theory ..
If you don't take your self and your dumbed-down brain out of religion ... you will die just as stupefied as have countless others in the notion that the whoring Jesus follows your religion to a T.

Even the snake-handler-Christians are positive that if the snakes kill them, it is the will of Jesus and his father.

The Jehovah's Witnesses believe that if their children die for lack of life-saving blood, it is the will of Jehovah.

Stupid, stupid humans.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#524912 Mar 28, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
AnthonyMN said, quote, ""I do call her blessed.......not Blessed."
Who cares if it's capitalized or not. I'm fine with "blessed virgin Mary". You asked where Jesus called her blessed. Are you implying that since Jesus didn't, you don't have too?" End quote.
Who cares if it is capitalized? You should. When capitalized it signifies Mary was more than just a blessed woman. She is not holy and she is not deity. She is a sinner in need of a Savior. Actually Jesus never called her blessed but I believe she was obedient according to Gods will.
AnthonyMN said, quote, "Mary was a common woman used by God in an uncommon way. She was a willing and obedient vessel used of God. Nothing more. " Where does the bible say she was an obedient vessel, nothing more"? End quote.
Luke 1:48,“For He has had regard for the humble state of His bond slave; For behold, from this time on all generations will count me blessed."
Bond slave is the Greek word Strong #G1401---doulos
This is the definition of bond slave as given by Strong --- a slave, bondman, man of servile condition, one who gives himself up to another's will those whose service is used by God in extending and advancing His cause among men.
Would you agree a bond slave is nothing more than the definition listed above. This definition defines Mary to a "T". She was nothing more than a bond slave giving herself up to another's will those whose service is used by God in extending and advancing His cause among men.
AnthonyMN said, quote, "Well we use a bible translation calling her "Full of grace". Since you would have a problem with that, by what authority do you use yours and reject ours?" End quote.
Your translation is corrupt in that Jerome translated the Bible from Hebrew and Greek to Latin. The Latin Vulgate is a corrupt version of the original Hebrew and Greek text. Subsequently when the Latin Vulgate was translated into English the corruption is very evident where we find the expression "full of grace" which is a mistranslation.
In the Greek Lexicon the expression "highly favored" in Luke 1:28 is Strongs G5487. The Greek word is "charitoo" which is defined as follows: to make graceful, charming, lovely, agreeable, to pursue with grace, compass with favor, to honor with blessings.
"When capitalized it signifies Mary was more than just a blessed woman. She is not holy and she is not deity. She is a sinner in need of a Savior. Actually Jesus never called her blessed but I believe she was obedient according to Gods will."

Not only shall all generations call her blessed, her soul magnifies the Lord, she is the mother of our Lord God (Adonai), St. John the Baptist leaps at the sound of her voice, she is "full of grace (kecharitomene) she is a holy saint (in Hebrew "qaddiysh") means "holy" ones. Scripture says "Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb." and "Because he that is mighty, hath done great things to me; and holy is his name."

"Would you agree a bond slave is nothing more than the definition listed above. This definition defines Mary to a "T". She was nothing more than a bond slave giving herself up to another's will those whose service is used by God in extending and advancing His cause among men."

No where does scripture describe her as a "vessel, nothing more". In fact St. Luke's Gospel above describes her as far more.

"The Latin Vulgate is a corrupt version of the original Hebrew and Greek text."

By whose authority do you make such a claim?

Quesnel, Canada

#524913 Mar 28, 2014
Every nitwit in every religion puts his/her OWN will on the same level as the will of the supposed creator.

"It's 'God's' will that I preach that others will burn in hell ... blah, blah, blah...."

If you don't see it ... you don't WANT to see it.

Religion is an ego TRIP ... period.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#524914 Mar 28, 2014
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
The Roman Catholic Bishop of Bling OUTRAGEOUS.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/03/26/us -...
<quoted text>
The standard Roman Catholic response......quote
"Well OldJG we Roman Catholics are not the only thieves you know" end quote.
Great defense. LOL LOL LOL
<quoted text>
So you are justifying the actions of your Roman Catholic bishop by saying he is not the only thief? Beautiful. Thank you for your Roman insight.
<quoted text>
Actually I claim to be the poster of the Bishop of Bling article. I never denied it. You, on the other hand cannot fess up to your pathetic Roman Catholic bologna. You can hand me an e-tissue if you would like but how do I hand you an e-conscience? Just sayin'
<quoted text>
AnthonyMN said, quote, "As usual you feel free to cite unfavorable information on Catholics but cry like a baby when the tables are turned. I'm happy to offer you an e-tissue to mop up your tears." End quote.
Why not just admit the story and move on. No, you want to justify your bishop and tell the world your bishop is not the only thief. OK. Now live with the consequences of your pride. You offered me an e-tissue and I wanted to be the same kind of gentlemen and offered you an e-conscience.
AnthonyMN said, quote, ""Bologna"? To which baloney are you referring? Maybe if you were to cite your qualifications to being the infallible interpreter of scripture we can move past your infantile insults." End quote.
The bologna I am referring to is Oscar Mayer. Now check your next sentence. Quote, "Maybe if you were to cite your qualifications to being the infallible interpreter of scripture we can move past your infantile insults. End quote. Where in the world did this come from? Mars? Your too much AnthonyMN.
"Why not just admit the story and move on. No, you want to justify your bishop and tell the world your bishop is not the only thief. OK. Now live with the consequences of your pride. You offered me an e-tissue and I wanted to be the same kind of gentlemen and offered you an e-conscience."

I do admit the story is true. And as usual, instead of admitting that there are many more shyster protestant evangelical preachers (in the news no less) who bilk their followers to live a life of luxury you cry like a baby. Here, have an e-tissue.

"Where in the world did this come from? Mars? Your too much AnthonyMN."

You make the claim that Catholic doctrine is unbiblical "bologna" (you're not Italian other wise you'd use Roma instead of Rome, the English version of the lunch meat is "baloney"), now in order for you to make this claim you need to prove that you not only have the power to infallibly interpret scripture, but that the only doctrines acceptable are those that are specifically and explicitly taught in scripture. You can do neither. So the answer is; your claim is baloney.
Liam

Aurora, CO

#524915 Mar 28, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
UH HUH!!!
Jewish apostles taught that Jesus was the savior of only Catholics, and they adored Jesus ... RIGHT???
To swallow such a tale, you have to be an idiot!
Jewish apostles would believe that ADONAI chose THEM as HIS favorite few ... period ... end of story.
Who really cares what a committed militant atheist has to say about Christianity and Judaism. I mean, serious?..

June Vandermark will suffer eternally in hell, according to Judaism. Thats the irony in how you continuously stand up for them.
(Really, I know you're just trying to start a fire by combating Judaism against Christianity)
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#524916 Mar 28, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope so..thing is even in the first century ..wasn't there a problem with the Christians,not APPEARING to be sinning.
Why I go off on those,two..and,Kerry..was,that news,stories show them as,Catholic ..and,certainly if they were,excommunicated it would be news...yet a young girl getting an abortion IS,excommunicated according to one of you guys...
The,Pres ...We'll not sure if Rev Wright is,even against abortion so who knows...
But the,whole thing is, the excommunication...of girls,but not the,Pols..that's what comment set me,off.
I know,God will judge ...but in fairness,if excommunication for killing one baby ..why not those guys,for many ..and,ALLOWING them to campaign and show,up as Catholics..
Did they receive communion at that Mass?? After confessing their votes,on restriction IF THEY EVEN DID THAT.....only to keep touting abortion. pretty sure they did receive...in that article..because,they are still Catholic...
.APPEARANCE,..and fairness..
Again, take a breather Rose. They bring scandal to the Church no doubt, but the only reason they are even on TV or at an installation mass is because they are diplomats representing the USA (unfortunately). If they weren't they'd be sitting at home watching like everyone else.

Quesnel, Canada

#524917 Mar 28, 2014
The homosexuals that committed suicide because they believed they were offensive to a god were also on an ego trip of their own demise. Their egos were convinced that they were worthless. They allowed the theologians that much power over them.

Theologians are criminals. I suggest that taking money for the selling of religious illusions ought to be against the law. Some of the scams of theologians goes from being immoral to being completely Amoral.

Stealing the self-worth of homosexuals away from them is just ONE of many scams committed by the self-centered preachers of religion.

What a shame!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#524918 Mar 28, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
This board explains something!
This board explains why all the Christians communes have been miserable failures.
When people come together in an attempt to live the religious delusion with fellow believers, it falls apart and the bickering about what the delusion means start up - just like this board.
~~~

God has given us His Word...which is HIS plan of redemption...

Like the constitution of the United States it is set as a standard for all Christian living..

To attempt to change it is forbidden by the word itself.

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.

Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

The above includes THE BIBLE..THAT WAS GIVEN BY GOD...

To Men of old, BY THE HOLY GHOST...The third person of the GODHEAD

Over a period of 1600 years.

.AS A MANUFACTURES MANUEL..THAT CAME ALONG WITH HIS CREATION OF THE EARTH AND ALL THAT IS THEREIN.

GOD'S PLAN OF REDEMPTION IS WRITTEN WITH IN IT'S PAGES ..

NO ENTITY UPON EARTH IS AUTHORIZED TO CHANGE IT.

Quesnel, Canada

#524919 Mar 28, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Who really cares what a committed militant atheist has to say about Christianity and Judaism. I mean, serious?..
I'll take my chances with the supposed hereafter ... but I won't give YOU power over my thoughts while I'm on earth. THAT I can guarantee!

You no-doubt believe that Jesus is Catholic in spirit-form ... and that is what your Catholic theologians planted in your brain-cells.

It's up to you to correct that error ... or not!

I suggest you keep in mind that Catholic church fathers took the word Ihcuc from the language of the Greeks and "miraculously" transformed it into the word Jesus.

It was JUST that EASY to fool the gullible masses.

Quesnel, Canada

#524920 Mar 28, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
God has given us His Word...which is HIS plan of redemption...
"WHEN did you first entertain the illusion that a god had called you to preach???

Quesnel, Canada

#524921 Mar 28, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, take a breather Rose. They bring scandal to the Church no doubt, but the only reason they are even on TV or at an installation mass is because they are diplomats representing the USA (unfortunately). If they weren't they'd be sitting at home watching like everyone else.
As soon as any of you Christians start discussing the meaning of scriptures you get your backs up and start defending your own beliefs, and then you drag the mythical Jesus into the fray as your "combatant."

Idiots.

United States

#524922 Mar 28, 2014
guest wrote:
Whenever the popes are "not speaking from the chair of Peter" they are prone to some pretty fantastic lies, are they not, Liam? they are quite prolific at them, too, are they not, Liam?
-
In fact - using your ex cathedra doctrine as an escape hatch - you can write off any manner of horror committed by the leader of your church as some sort of 'freak accident' and not 'truly' fully catholic or spiritual. Kind of like a 'get out of jail free' card ...
-
You said, "popes are NOT infallible when giving their personal opinion" -- only thing, Liam, is that WHATEVER a pope says that contradicts *The Word of God* IS PERSONAL OPINION.
-
So. Ignore everything the Bible says and continue on in your defending the fallible popes spewing forth their personal opinions.
-
Think of it this way - The Word of God was spoken from the Throne Of God and not subject to editing by a fallible pope speaking form the Chair of Peter.
-
-
Liam wrote:
Get a clue. Are you interpreting the Bible correctly? How do you know this?
It could be said that YOU are your own pope. So what's the difference?
-
-
lol - I am not my own pope ...Get a clue...the DIFFERENCE is that I have not set myself up on the world stage, formed my own country, called myself 'father' and ordered the murder of heretics. And if YOU think anyone doing such as that IS - through some miracle - interpreting the Bible correctly ... you are sorely mistaken.

Quesnel, Canada

#524923 Mar 28, 2014
"Jesus is on MY side."

"No HE isn't. It says RIGHT here in scripture ... blah, blah, blah."

And then they refer to their religions as being based on LOVE ... of all the idiotic POTIONS.

Quesnel, Canada

#524924 Mar 28, 2014
<quoted text>

NO ENTITY UPON EARTH IS AUTHORIZED TO CHANGE IT.
Hilarious!
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#524925 Mar 28, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"Why not just admit the story and move on. No, you want to justify your bishop and tell the world your bishop is not the only thief. OK. Now live with the consequences of your pride. You offered me an e-tissue and I wanted to be the same kind of gentlemen and offered you an e-conscience."
I do admit the story is true. And as usual, instead of admitting that there are many more shyster protestant evangelical preachers (in the news no less) who bilk their followers to live a life of luxury you cry like a baby. Here, have an e-tissue.
"Where in the world did this come from? Mars? Your too much AnthonyMN."
You make the claim that Catholic doctrine is unbiblical "bologna" (you're not Italian other wise you'd use Roma instead of Rome, the English version of the lunch meat is "baloney"), now in order for you to make this claim you need to prove that you not only have the power to infallibly interpret scripture, but that the only doctrines acceptable are those that are specifically and explicitly taught in scripture. You can do neither. So the answer is; your claim is baloney.
Thank you for this historic update.

Did you receive the e-conscience I forwarded to you?

For the record you need a spelling lesson from Oscar Mayer in regards to "bologna". This is the correct spelling. Baloney must be the Roman spelling.

As far as interpreting Scripture you apparently cannot interpret or understand Scripture because the Holy Spirit has not revealed anything to you.

Have a great weekend and remember me when you eat and drink the literal living Jesus this weekend. LOL LOL LOL

Quesnel, Canada

#524926 Mar 28, 2014
The first hairy ape-like man that created the first god in his imagination should have all the rights to the "correct" mythology.

If the story was based on truth ... the story never should have changed ... EVER.

Today we have millions of preachers believing they were CALLED by the creator to preach truth. And what do we get but idiots arguing and killing each other over theological junk-food.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#524927 Mar 28, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....Your church has been riddled by sinful, criminal scandals. Followers have been betrayed by the very organization that teaches righteous morality, and you have the nerve to blame catholics for their! behavior.
...New York times, CARA, and Pew research center claim over 71% of roman catholics have no issue with birth control, majority of catholics now favor women priests and optional celebacy. With these high percentages that clearly shows that many catholics sitting around you in church every Sunday might not agree with you and your church teachings.
...Your church structure is lax and in a mess. Everything starts at the top.
Unbelievable!
Why on earth do you care? Find a different hobby.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#524928 Mar 28, 2014
<quoted text>
~~~
i HATE NO ONE
BUT
I HAVE NO USE WHATSOEVER FOR THE USURPATION OF THE POSITION OF THE HOLY GHOST WHICH THE POPE HAS TAKEN..
AND i DO NOT BELIEVE IN THE CULT THAT FOLLOWS HIM..I reject the whole nine yards..
My Bible says...
Eph_5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
Amen!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Things poping up while i was sitting on my dads... (Jun '11) 5 min Tramp353 83
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) 9 min Glitter7145 63
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 12 min karl44 87,900
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 13 min It aint necessari... 18
China Portable LED Sign, Truck LED Display, Bus... 13 min Crush7537 2
Looking for a naughty girl. 15 min solrac 8
China Taxi Top LED Display, Bus LED Display, Tr... 17 min Catch5623 2
The Future of Politics in America 1 hr Insults Are Easier 177
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Crushy9254 284,475
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 1 hr Dolly6807 447
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Spank9090 977,198
More from around the web