Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 685776 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Williams Lake, Canada

#524643 Mar 27, 2014
The reason Christian missionaries in Africa are arming their selves to kill Muslims is because they believe that "God" wants Christianity to be universal.

Religion was never good. It was and is based on lies.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#524644 Mar 27, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....Last election more roman catholics voted Obama than Mitt Romney. Your issue is with catholics.
...Calling Obama a liar as he shakes hands with smiling Pope Francis yesterday, is not very pleasing to God Antonio.
Right Mike. You spend all day touting the small numbers of Catholics who attend mass and follow the teachings of the Church. Actually you have an issue with Catholics. I have no issues with Catholics-in-name-only, they don't come to Church, they vote for pro-abortion and gay marriage legislators, and essentially have no say-so in what the Church does or how it operates. Get back to me when you have the voting records of faithful Catholics who attend weekly and daily mass and adhere to the teachings of the Church. I've said all along I would welcome a much smaller Church if it would eliminate the phonies out there.

Obama is gettin' an earful from Francis, I can guarantee it.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#524645 Mar 27, 2014
The Catholics claimed they wanted Peace, and that is why they killed all others as heretics to put an end to all religious competition.

There is no question that their aim was to rule the world with Catholicism.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Guide for Living … Pope Pius XII … Selected Addresses and Letters of His Holiness

World Government

Address to members of the Universal Movement for World Federation, April 6, 1951:

The Church desires peace, and hence she applies herself to the promotion of everything which, within the framework of the Divine order, both natural and supernatural, can help to ensure peace.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#524646 Mar 27, 2014
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
The Roman Catholic Bishop of Bling OUTRAGEOUS.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/03/26/us -...
<quoted text>
The standard Roman Catholic response......quote
"Well OldJG we Roman Catholics are not the only thieves you know" end quote.
Great defense. LOL LOL LOL
For every "Bishop if Bling" I can name a dozen protestant evangelical fundamentalist preachers who live in luxury off the backs of your co-religionists. Seems to me all you do is throw stones, but the minute someone mentions the hypocrisy of you and your fellow Catholic-haters you cry like a baby.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#524647 Mar 27, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
They will tell each other lies in the guise of truth.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#524648 Mar 27, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I've said all along I would welcome a much smaller Church if it would eliminate the phonies out there.
So ONLY others are phony Catholics, and you are aligned to the mentality of the savior ... RIGHT???

The bullshit never ends.
Michael

Canada

#524649 Mar 27, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church doesn't need to convert "anybody"!!!! For over 2000 years, the Holy Spirit has guided the Church and has brought "billions and billions" of its followers to the TRUE Faith and Salvation in Jesus Christ---NOT----with "soap box - bible waiving preachers but by the Spirit of God through Jesus Christ by The TRUTH of True Conversion of the heart, mind and soul......The 21st century is no exception!!!..... Thousands and thousands of new converts from bible only Protestantism who have been "imprisoned" in the Protestant darkness of bible only half-truth Christianity, are coming to the TRUTH of the Fullness of the faith and the Fullness of the TRUE in Jesus Christ in and through His One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church. In the 3rd century it was Tertillian who said that " the blood of the Martyrs is the seed of the Church" which has not changed for over 2000 years!
.....why did the protestant church put you to the curb?
.... Its obvious with your vendetta against protestantism that you are somehow trying to get back at them.
.....what did you do wrong!!!!
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#524650 Mar 27, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
For every "Bishop if Bling" I can name a dozen protestant evangelical fundamentalist preachers who live in luxury off the backs of your co-religionists. Seems to me all you do is throw stones, but the minute someone mentions the hypocrisy of you and your fellow Catholic-haters you cry like a baby.
Religion is BLING!

"I know the future and you don't ... blah, blah, blah. I know God loves me and doesn't love you ... blah, blah, blah."

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#524651 Mar 27, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Right Mike. You spend all day touting the small numbers of Catholics who attend mass and follow the teachings of the Church. Actually you have an issue with Catholics. I have no issues with Catholics-in-name-only, they don't come to Church, they vote for pro-abortion and gay marriage legislators, and essentially have no say-so in what the Church does or how it operates. Get back to me when you have the voting records of faithful Catholics who attend weekly and daily mass and adhere to the teachings of the Church. I've said all along I would welcome a much smaller Church if it would eliminate the phonies out there.
Excuse me? I know of one catholic here that is not following the teaching of Christ. I don't recall Christ sexually accusing someone of relieving himself. Do you?
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#524652 Mar 27, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Jesus call Mary the "Blessed Mother"? No. Actually there is not one verse in the Bible where Jesus calls Mary ...... mother.
Do I hate Mary? Of course not. I do not hate the Mary of the Bible. The Mary I hate is the "Roman" "mystical" Mary of the Roman Catholic church. The Mary of the Roman Catholic church never existed. She is a figment of your vivid imagination.
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
So hypothetically, if Mary was indeed our spiritual mother and we looked to her for help and we honored her with feast days for being the mother of the Lord, and tried our best to treat her just as Jesus Christ did, you'd hate her... because you think this approach is a Roman Roman Roman Catholic approach?
Your first line sums up the incredible ignorance one must embrace to be like you:
"did Jesus call Mary the "Blessed Mother"? No. actually there is not one verse in the Bible where Jesus calls Mary Mother"
I can't even respond to such mind boggling stupidity. you seriously have no clue what the Bible is nor any desire to learn the truth about it.
this new born again movement is very sad. I approach you like an Ethologist studies apes. How does a seemingly normal man force himself to be dumb?
You are a slippery little fish. You slip away from the question at hand and answer a question with a question. Nice try. Why not just answer the questions. If my response

1. Did Jesus call Mary the "Blessed Mother"?

2. What verse in the Bible can we find where Jesus calls Mary "mother".

Do I hate Mary? Of course not. I do not hate the Mary of the Bible.

The Mary I hate is the "Roman" "mystical" Mary of the Roman Catholic church. The Mary of the Roman Catholic church never existed. She is a figment of your vivid imagination.

Liam the Roman said, quote, "this new born again movement is very sad. I approach you like an Ethologist studies apes. How does a seemingly normal man force himself to be dumb?" End quote.

Great question. How does a seemingly normal man force himself to be dumb? For you it is very simple. You listen to a Roman Catholic pope instead of the word of God. When you appear at the Great White Throne judgement will your pope be present to assist you in giving an account of your Biblical ignorance and self-righteous worked for salvation. If your pope is not present perhaps your mother Mary will be present to tell her Son you that you prayed to her, you chanted the rosary, you ate the literal flesh and blood of her Son and you believed she was your mediator to God. Will Mary save you from the judgement of her Son?

Mary was a common woman used by God in an uncommon way. She was a willing and obedient vessel used of God. Nothing more.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#524653 Mar 27, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
They will tell each other lies in the guise of truth.
What lies would you tell the pope if you had the chance? Sounds like you think you have the truth and he doesn't. When did your opinions become truth and his lies?

Location hidden

#524654 Mar 27, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church doesn't need to convert "anybody"!!!! For over 2000 years, the Holy Spirit has guided the Church and has brought "billions and billions" of its followers to the TRUE Faith and Salvation in Jesus Christ---NOT----with "soap box - bible waiving preachers but by the Spirit of God through Jesus Christ by The TRUTH of True Conversion of the heart, mind and soul......The 21st century is no exception!!!..... Thousands and thousands of new converts from bible only Protestantism who have been "imprisoned" in the Protestant darkness of bible only half-truth Christianity, are coming to the TRUTH of the Fullness of the faith and the Fullness of the TRUE in Jesus Christ in and through His One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church. In the 3rd century it was Tertillian who said that " the blood of the Martyrs is the seed of the Church" which has not changed for over 2000 years!
Wrong! The Catholic Church needs to convert Husker back into its fold
Michael

Canada

#524655 Mar 27, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
See what senior priest in the vatican Father foster has to say about the church bling.

Watch all of it.

OldJG

Rockford, IL

#524656 Mar 27, 2014
OldJG wrote:
The Roman Catholic Bishop of Bling OUTRAGEOUS.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/03/26/us -...
<quoted text>
The standard Roman Catholic response......quote
"Well OldJG we Roman Catholics are not the only thieves you know" end quote.
Great defense. LOL LOL LOL
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are justifying the actions of your Roman Catholic bishop by saying he is not the only thief? Beautiful. Thank you for your Roman insight.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#524657 Mar 27, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So ONLY others are phony Catholics, and you are aligned to the mentality of the savior ... RIGHT???
The bullshit never ends.
Shouldn't be any clearer June. Folks who call themselves Catholics and reject Catholic teaching should stop their bullshit and join the protestants. I mean, why on earth would someone stay in a religion they disagree with? That's about as phony as one can be.

Location hidden

#524658 Mar 27, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course protestant evangelical fundamentalist leaders NEVER bilk their followers in order to live a life of luxury...lol.
Whats sad is they do it in the name of God!....Doesn't matter if it is protestant catholic orthodox what ever, all will be held accountable in the end...
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#524659 Mar 27, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Excuse me? I know of one catholic here that is not following the teaching of Christ. I don't recall Christ sexually accusing someone of relieving himself. Do you?
She knows how we feel about her language and they way she acts, I've mentioned it several times. Of course you've never, ever said anything contrary to Orthodox teaching here right?

Location hidden

#524660 Mar 27, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not bragging about anything here!! Just stating biblical and historical (proven facts! You continue to mistake bragging for a lack of conviction, insight, and energy in persevering historical and biblical TRUTH !!!
And you mistake conviction,insight and energy for PRIDE.
Michael

Canada

#524661 Mar 27, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony says.........Right Mike. You spend all day touting the small numbers of Catholics who attend mass and follow the teachings of the Church.

Michael says........Why not answer the question. Why are the numbers so small? Why get angry at me?

You say you wish the church was smaller, yet your church leaders want BIGGER!

Are you insinc with your church, or are you a maverick wanting things to change to the way you want them in your church?
Michael

Canada

#524663 Mar 27, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Whats sad is they do it in the name of God!....Doesn't matter if it is protestant catholic orthodox what ever, all will be held accountable in the end...
What is the official measuring stick of wealth? An individual making more than $100,000,$500,000? Someone who makes or has more than you? or me?

We teach our children to get a good education so they can enjoy the niceties of life. We don't strive to be poor?

A very poor person might believe you are wealthy beyond your means because you have everyday things that would be luxuries to them. There is no way of measuring it. There is no need to measure it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 21 min positronium 26,373
Glorious ECLIPSE coming TODAY @10:45 am in Arka... 45 min Doctor REALITY 1
Got any good jokes?? (Mar '07) 1 hr Ricky F 1,834
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Robert F 985,710
Why it's time for Donald Trump to RESIGN...in d... 2 hr Doctor REALITY 35
How To Recover Yahoo mail account Password Quick 3 hr johnwick91 1
What is the most forbidden sex you have had ? (Nov '16) 7 hr StefH 10
More from around the web