Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650529 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#524270 Mar 25, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a stupid analogy. Adults have free will, an egg and sperm do not.
Of course it exonerates the Church, but we do it for pastoral reasons in order to bring them to repentance and to renounce their error, not as some sort of condemnation to hell as is so often the case in protestantism.
When you guys throw someone out of your community they go down the street to the next protestant community or start their own with new rules. Shameful.
So a,woman who has an abortion...swallowing the lies..is excommunicated..but pro abortion politicians are NOT ..those voting AGAINST the pain Legislation trying to restrict it at least to 20 instead of 24 weeks...that was just this,past year...all those,libs,...saying babies,feel no pain at 24 weeks.....an abomination much worse than some desperate woman or child who commits,a grievous,sin to be sure ..but SHE'S EXCOMMUNICATED???? And they aren't ???

The,pols are responsible if they vote to keep those late term abortions,legal ...EVERY last child killed gruesomly....and for every one of them..they have helped lead the mother to sin..

WHICH loathsome god required human babies,at its,altar??? congress ..the president ..the Court
Are,it's,priests ...the women's,movement it's,other name ....talk about worshipping idols
truth

Perth, Australia

#524271 Mar 25, 2014
vaccine for pet-dogs

then poor womans not going to be wrong

law not exist in this country as well going to be much more worse from deference bacground trade culture underground more photocopy diploma and more accusers on worst evil way..

byyyyyyyyyyyy
white seeds as letuce going as head for singapooro as export import
black seeds as soft stay here for nice roast snack salad..see two deference seeds..

What I can do with cab.bag.geeeeee seeds.

you know you can wrapt as sar.ma meat policy..
Are your police cabino as carabrnjero
what a greeko e ko da vidimo from baus sille don't be silly its
manistronepashta.shut.oooooooo o

kad se puca nek se pjuca
to vjetna;mezi sjave new year
yepppppppppppp
kome mazesh ochi
govori gdje ste zakopali pare

in guarden
aiiiiiiiiiiiiii
see few seeds answer how tax payers working
never tired=no umor as humor
you can discover
how they operated in world of intelligence

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#524272 Mar 25, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
who="RoSesz" <quoted text>
I read what you said on the bible hub, Marge..the part about ascension was confusing..I'm not sure what you believe..but as,Kay just wrote...the faithful were resurrected when JESUS went to claim them..one can assume they are not still walking around..and are in heaven with Him.
He told the thief he would be with Him in Paradise that day ...God is,Father Son and Spirit ...so it's,possible the thief was the first to enter heaven of the SOULS redeemed by Christ's death ..
At the time He spoke of no one ascending they hadn't but did after Him.
Moses and Elijah WERE on the mountain however ...I'm not sure how that worked ..but hope I get to ask in light of Jesus saying ..no one had ascended..they may have come from Olam Haba.
Mysteries of Our Lord ..who is awesome
----------
Moses and Elijah WERE on the Mt. of Transfiguration with Jesus, and they were 'transfigured' with Him there.
The Bible doesn't say that the dead saints, who arose and walked about Jerusalem when Jesus ascended, went up with Him. It does say that departed saints are 'under the altar' in heaven and they were told to rest a little while longer. Apparently they were not at liberty until their fellow servants and brothers were there...and the whole church (body /bride of Christ) was complete.
Rev 6:9 When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the witness they had borne.
Rev 6:10 They cried out with a loud voice, "O Sovereign Lord, holy and true, how long before you will judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth?"
Rev 6:11 Then they were each given a white robe and told to rest a little longer, until the number of their fellow servants and their brothers should be complete, who were to be killed as they themselves had been.
Moses and Elijah may be part of that group in verse nine.
Joh 3:13 "No one has ascended into heaven except he who descended from heaven, the Son of Man." Paradise (the bosom of Abraham where Lazarus was) was apparently in the earth, and the righteous dead were there. It was 'in view' of hell. The rich man could see Abraham and Lazarus, and they could see him.
The New Testament tells us that 'the dead in Christ will rise first (from the grave), then we which are alive (and they) will be changed (to the glorified body) and will be 'caught up'(raptured) together to meet Him.'
Did not Jesus free the souls in Olam Haba??

Jesus,did ascend soul and body..but what of souls who died in Christ ..the thief is,with Jesus ...Are they not also??? Their SOUls ..the mansions,...at the time JESUS,said none have ascended ..he had not YET arisen..

I think He opened heaven or maybe a,part of heaven until the end when we,are,all resurrected ...
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#524273 Mar 25, 2014
truth wrote:
who need
99% unemployed
and
99% sick
see your diploma pen
is that manic policy elionic polionic policy
see my words
my tiny garden is ready now
see i am going today fix others things
find who spy over me
o yes aas they are all cookie masters
with big bird in cookie masters politics
Are you for sure they are good leaders?
all for one penny from my pershino garden
So you work without working.

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#524274 Mar 25, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...when facts (Pew research center) the same pew research center that posted information from show that the majority who belong to your club do not attend mandatory Sunday meetings,(church) and the vast majority favor optional celibacy, and the vast majority use birth control, and the vast majority favor same sex marriage, and favor women clergy, and millions of divorced catholics have new sexual partners, its crystal clear that Catholics and the church are on two diiferent paths.
...1 billion indoctrinated catholics does not mean 1 billion faithful catholics universal or not.
..,I thought you knew all this? Well! Now you know.
So what, they can say what the want, things will not change.
Why do you care?

Priest will remain celebrate, even though we have many converted ministers that are married. They will be replaced when they retire.

Birth control if fine if it's done by "natural means" that will not change.

Women clergy will not happen, Jesus choose men to continue HIS Church.

Divorce Catholic that have remarried can go to Mass, but can not receive Communion.
That will never change.

The Pew questioned people by phone.
They should try going to Mass on Sunday and do the survey.
It's a wonder they came out with those results...

The survey you posted...

"A combination of landline and cellphone random digit dial samples were used. In order to increase the number of 18-to 33-year-old respondents in the survey"

LOL!!

Nice try tho!
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#524275 Mar 25, 2014
OldJG wrote:
You are a professional at answering question NOT ASKED. Answer the questions listed above and below your answer. Also, you quote Paul but Paul NEVER mentions Mary in any of his writings? Why?
OldJG said, quote, "Why doesn't the Bible address this "mystical" Mary you speak of? Why is the Bible, the Word of God completely silent about the "Roman" Mary?" End quote.
Now, answer the questions. If you do not have an answer just admit it.
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I answered more than an ignorant bigot like you deserves.
The Bible is NOT silent about the "Roman" Mary (whatever the heck that means. Lol ) you're too dumb even for a bigot. Roman Roman Roman.
Why do you except the NT as Biblical? do you have a verse for Jesus gives us the list?
Thank you for proving my point. When surrounded by the truth and backed into a corner of your own making you lie, squeal and yell foul. You do not answer the questions and begin the second grade name calling to alter the conversation. The fact remains you have no answer for the questions asked. The "Roman" "mystical" Mary you venerate (worship) is not contained in the pages of God's word, the Bible.

Here is a list which describes the "Roman Catholic" "mystical" non-existent Mary. This "Roman Catholic" "mystical" Mary does not appear in any Bible. If she does PUT UP OR SHUT UP. I am from Missouri.......SHOW ME.

1. Perpetual virgin
2. Immaculate conception
3. Assumption into heaven
4. Mother of God
5. Co-redeemer
6. Queen of heaven
7. Sinless
8. Co-redeemer
9. Mother of the church

Liam said,quote, "The Bible is NOT silent about the "Roman" Mary (whatever the heck that means. Lol ) you're too dumb even for a bigot. Roman Roman Roman." End quote.

You are a Roman Catholic aren't you? You are not a true small "c" catholic (universal) Christian. From your own mouth you are proud to be called a capital "C" Roman Catholic. Right?

“Happy 2016!!”

#524276 Mar 25, 2014
Regarding birth control
"The Catholic Church is not oppose to birth control when it is accomplished by natural means, by self control. She is opposed only to birth control by artificial means, by the employment of pills, condoms, IUD's, foams, jellies, sterilization, non-completion of the act of sexual union—or any other means used to prevent conception from resulting from this act, because such means profane the marital embrace and dishonour the marriage contract. God slew Onan for practising contraception (Gen. 38:9-10); the word "onanism" derives from Onan's

deed. In fact, up until the Church of England's Lambeth Conference of

1930, which accepted contraception and thus broke with the Christian

tradition, contraception had been considered wrong by all Christian

churches. The Catholic Church does not feel free to change the law of

God, as do Protestants.

“Happy 2016!!”

#524277 Mar 25, 2014
"Why do Catholics worship Mary as though she were a goddess, when it is clear in Scripture that she was not a supernatural being?

Catholics do not worship Mary, the Mother of Christ, as though she were a deity. Of all the misconceptions about Catholic belief and practice, this one is the most absurd. Catholics are just as aware as Protestants that Mary was a human creature, and therefore not entitled to the honours which are reserved to God alone. What many non-Catholics mistake for adoration is a very profound love and veneration, nothing more. Mary is not adored, first because God forbids it, and secondly because the Canon Law of the Catholic Church, which is based on Divine Law, forbids it, strictly forbids adoration of anyone other than the Holy Trinity. However, Catholics do feel that Mary is entitled to a great measure of exaltation because, in choosing her as the Mother of Redemption, God Himself exalted her, exalted her more than any other human person before or since. Catholics heap tribute and honour on Mary because they earnestly desire to be "followers of God, as a most dear children." (Eph. 5:1). Mary herself prophesied: "For behold from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed. Because he that is mighty, hath done great things to me: and holy is his name." (Luke 1:48-49). Catholics know that every bit of the glory they give to Mary redounds to the glory of her divine Son, just as Mary magnified God, not herself, when Elizabeth blessed her.(Luke 1:41-55). They know that the closer they draw to her, the closer they draw to Him who was born of her. In the year 434 St. Vincent of Lerins defended Christian devotion to Mary this way: "Therefore, may God forbid that anyone should attempt to defraud Holy Mary of her privilege of divine grace and her special glory. For by a unique favour of our Lord and God she is confessed to be the most true and most blessed Mother of God." Today 75% of all Christians still hold to this same view."

“Happy 2016!!”

#524278 Mar 25, 2014
Have a good night!
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#524279 Mar 25, 2014
Paul NEVER mentions Mary in any of his writings? If Mary was so important to the early church, as Roman Catholics suggest, why doesn't Paul address her importance. In fact Paul does the exact opposite. He NEVER mentions her. NEVER.

Apparently Mary was not very important to Paul was she?
truth

Perth, Australia

#524280 Mar 25, 2014
jazavac is smelly black white animals
jazavac=zajavac=when someone take credit from bank
see bank game with words upon poor people

its good to be ijuju not-educated
thief's is thief's

Better be not educated but honestly tell story who they are how they operating as well why?!

wicket spells evil people hurt many many in past

by
truth

Perth, Australia

#524281 Mar 25, 2014
no liars
lips talkers
stokers and so on
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#524282 Mar 25, 2014
who="Anthony MN" <quoted text>
Um, you do realize that Roe v Wade was decided in 1972 which established the right to abortion? The makeup of the court in 1972 was 9 protestants and 1 Catholic. Six protestants and one Catholic voted for abortion rights so your husband's accusation that Catholics gave us abortion is a lie.
The Supreme Court in 2014 is made up 6 Catholics and 3 Jews.

----------
So why didn't they change Roe v Wade when they had the chance recently?

I wasn't talking about 1972.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#524283 Mar 25, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Did not Jesus free the souls in Olam Haba??
Jesus,did ascend soul and body..but what of souls who died in Christ ..the thief is,with Jesus ...Are they not also??? Their SOUls ..the mansions,...at the time JESUS,said none have ascended ..he had not YET arisen..
I think He opened heaven or maybe a,part of heaven until the end when we,are,all resurrected ...
If you were to believe Jesus, you'd realize his meanings are not what others have described...

(3) Jesus says:

(1) "If those who lead you say to you:‘Look, the kingdom is in the sky!’
then the birds of the sky will precede you.
(2) If they say to you:‘It is in the sea,’ then the fishes will precede you.
(3) Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and outside of you."
(4) "When you come to know yourselves, then you will be known,
and you will realize that you are the children of the living Father.
(5) But if you do not come to know yourselves, then you exist in poverty, and you are poverty."

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#524284 Mar 25, 2014
StarC wrote:
"Why do Catholics worship Mary as though she were a goddess, when it is clear in Scripture that she was not a supernatural being?
Catholics do not worship Mary, the Mother of Christ, as though she were a deity. Of all the misconceptions about Catholic belief and practice, this one is the most absurd. Catholics are just as aware as Protestants that Mary was a human creature, and therefore not entitled to the honours which are reserved to God alone. What many non-Catholics mistake for adoration is a very profound love and veneration, nothing more. Mary is not adored, first because God forbids it, and secondly because the Canon Law of the Catholic Church, which is based on Divine Law, forbids it, strictly forbids adoration of anyone other than the Holy Trinity. However, Catholics do feel that Mary is entitled to a great measure of exaltation because, in choosing her as the Mother of Redemption, God Himself exalted her, exalted her more than any other human person before or since. Catholics heap tribute and honour on Mary because they earnestly desire to be "followers of God, as a most dear children." (Eph. 5:1). Mary herself prophesied: "For behold from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed. Because he that is mighty, hath done great things to me: and holy is his name." (Luke 1:48-49). Catholics know that every bit of the glory they give to Mary redounds to the glory of her divine Son, just as Mary magnified God, not herself, when Elizabeth blessed her.(Luke 1:41-55). They know that the closer they draw to her, the closer they draw to Him who was born of her. In the year 434 St. Vincent of Lerins defended Christian devotion to Mary this way: "Therefore, may God forbid that anyone should attempt to defraud Holy Mary of her privilege of divine grace and her special glory. For by a unique favour of our Lord and God she is confessed to be the most true and most blessed Mother of God." Today 75% of all Christians still hold to this same view."
You can't blame many for believing Catholics,worship her.Star ..

http://catholictradition.org/Mary/rarest.htm

Along with Children in procession..the Sodality .....and a crown for the statue..

I'm just saying it looks and felt like,worship.
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#524285 Mar 25, 2014
who="Anthony MN" <quoted text>
Nevertheless, there are millions of protestants who claim to be born again and support abortion rights.
So again, if you reserve the right to judge whether a person is "born again" based on their abortion position, why can't Catholics, who follow the clear and vocal teaching of the Church, claim that pro-abortion "Catholics" aren't really Catholics?

----------
I wasn't judging whether a person is 'born again', just saying that I don't know any Protestants who are pro-choice.

You are probably referring to what we call 'nominal' Christians...just sort of 'club members'...not serious believers.
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#524286 Mar 25, 2014
who="Anthony MN ]Roe v. Wade
Affirming right to abortion:
Burger - Presbyterian
Brennen- Catholic
Douglas - Presbyterian
Stewart - Episcopalian
Blackmon- Methodist
Powell - Presbyterian
Marshall - Episcopalian
Dissenting:
Renquist - Lutheran
White - Episcopalian
Looks like the protestant majority are the ones who gave this country abortion.

----------
Just what I thought...most of these even have homosexual 'ministers'...
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#524287 Mar 25, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Biblical truth? No. Tango Bravo truth? Sadly, yes.
Why doesn't the Bible address this "mystical" Mary you speak of? Why is the Bible, the Word of God completely silent about the "Roman" Mary?
<quoted text>
OK, Tango Bravo, provide a BIBLE translation that describes Mary as follows:
1. Perpetual virgin
2. The queen of heaven
3. The mother of God
4. Assumption into heaven
5. Immaculate conception
6. Co-redeemer
7. Mother of the church
8. Sinless
9. Co-mediator
We can wait.
Why would anyone restrict themselves to Bible-only evidence when even Holy Scripture encourages attention and adherence to Tradition? When you restrict yourself to Bible-only you have what is necessary to understand your relationship with God.

"All scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work." (2 Timothy 3:16-17)

But there is more to know in order to more fully understand your relationship to God.

"So, then, brethren stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter." (2 Thess. 2:15)
truth

Perth, Australia

#524288 Mar 25, 2014
who is possessors and deceivers
did they call them-self God prepare for you
or wicket satanic corrupt evil people

very sad to know who they are

evil serve evil

why wicket borrowing on front

Why you think dogs is not mad?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#524289 Mar 25, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow
Peace
To whom do you think Jesus addressed his parables to?
It was not the religious leaders, for they understood of whom was often described as the unrepentant(themselves).
Do you not think that the RCC leadership know this also?
What do you think?
Peace
As I recall, mostly to his disciples...give me a specific parable and the person/persons He was speaking to will be clearly known.........

From this forum and experience, I know Catholics follow their leadership in "trumping" the Word of God with "the Catechism" "doctrines" "dogmas" "traditions" "church fodders" "Saints" etc etc etc.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min Hukt on Fonix 56,120
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Joe Fortuna 971,853
chat with demi lovato 112 (the real official de... (Jan '09) 20 min Haley 1,981
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 23 min Rider on the Storm 182,964
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 36 min ImFree2Choose 2,341
Why are white people so insecure ? (Feb '10) 1 hr Boxer MMA 201
You can't get electricuted sticking a key in an... (Nov '09) 1 hr AnonymousX 5
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 hr ChristineM 445,930
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 13 hr kobechi3 71
More from around the web