Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 670430 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Perth, Australia

#524112 Mar 25, 2014
its crime incarnate evil spirit do what ever they liked on visible and invisible way
shame who support them as lawful
they are not

jealous sloth spirit

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#524113 Mar 25, 2014
The fact that preachers in so many religions warn believers how to avoid ending up in hells, makes it crystal clear that the preachers don't trust the supposed creator to be merciful.

Religion, for the most part, is based on fear of how to avoid the many hells.

The leftovers are based on arrogance. "I am WISE. I am HOLY. I am worthy of salvation and God knows that is true."

Bunkology

Quesnel, Canada

#524114 Mar 25, 2014
Robert F wrote:
"There are three thing, my brethren, by which faith stands firm, devotion remains constant, and virtue endures. They are prayer, fasting, and mercy. Prayer knocks at the door, fasting obtains, mercy receives...."
Peter Chrysologus
To the Christian disciples of the first century the conception of Jesus as Rabbi was self-evident, to the Christian disciples of the second century it was embarrassing, to the Christian disciples of the third century and beyond it was obscure.

The beginnings of this de-Judaization of Christianity are visible already within the New Testament.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows ...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#524115 Mar 25, 2014
marge wrote:
well O'Reilly just said he don't believe the words of the Bible either,... yet the catholics claim to write it and own it,...
and then we have the carvers of images, no no Jesus or the written Word says nothing about that.
Who could believe a word that comes out of a catholics mouth wow.
Actually..he said he believed Jesus said that..to the soldiers....

but wrote his book only by words,which were carved in history using sources,other than the bible..as a history ..not by articles of faith...

People are always saying there is no evidence of Jesus OUTSIDE OF THE BIBLE and the Church .

He wrote his book to REFUTE that...that we should believe in Jesus,NOT just by the Faith he shares..but as,REAL HISTORY

Quesnel, Canada

#524116 Mar 25, 2014
Robert F wrote:
"There are three thing, my brethren, by which faith stands firm, devotion remains constant, and virtue endures. They are prayer, fasting, and mercy. Prayer knocks at the door, fasting obtains, mercy receives...."
Peter Chrysologus
Who do you believe will end up in hell Robert???

OH ... wait for it. Here it comes. Only God knows ... RIGHT???

Would that be the same god that used to love only the Jews as his chosen few before he abandoned the Jews to whore his way into Catholicism???
Michael

Canada

#524117 Mar 25, 2014
Star C.

USA catholic information.

Here is some more information recorded by the PEW RESEARCH CENTRE.

.......... Those who have left Catholicism outnumber those who have joined the Catholic Church by nearly a four-to-one margin. Overall, one-in-ten American adults (10.1%) have left the Catholic Church after having been raised Catholic, while only 2.6% of adults have become Catholic after having been raised something other than Catholic.

........While the ranks of the unaffiliated have grown the most due to changes in religious affiliation, the Catholic Church has lost the most members in the same process;

......Former Catholics are about evenly divided between those who have become Protestant and those who are now unaffiliated with any religion, with fewer now adhering to other faiths. Among Catholics who have become Protestant, most now belong to evangelical denominations, with fewer associated with mainline Protestant denominations and historically black churches.(For an explanation of how Protestants were broken down into evangelical, mainline and historically black churches, see the original “U.S. Religious Landscape Survey” report.)

Departures and the Life Cycle

........Almost half of Catholics who are now unaffiliated (48%) left Catholicism before reaching age 18, as did one-third who are now Protestant. Among both groups, an additional three-in-ten left the Catholic Church as young adults between ages 18 and 23. Only one-fifth who are now unaffiliated (21%) and one-third who are now Protestant (34%) departed after turning age 24. Among those who left the Catholic Church as minors, most say it was their own decision rather than their parents’ decision.

.........At least three-quarters of people raised Catholic say they attended Mass at least once a week as children. But those who have become unaffiliated exhibit a sharp decline in worship service attendance through their lifetime: 74% attended regularly as children, and only 2% do so as adults.

Quesnel, Canada

#524118 Mar 25, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Mother Goose is also a "catchy" story ... but the problem for you is that "she" doesn't promise you salvation.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#524119 Mar 25, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen Kay Marie, His will be done and shall be done, I love you and Gifs preaching:)
I read what you said on the bible hub, Marge..the part about ascension was confusing..I'm not sure what you believe..but as,Kay just wrote...the faithful were resurrected when JESUS went to claim them..one can assume they are not still walking around..and are in heaven with Him.
He told the thief he would be with Him in Paradise that day ...God is,Father Son and Spirit ...so it's,possible the thief was the first to enter heaven of the SOULS redeemed by Christ's death ..

At the time He spoke of no one ascending they hadn't but did after Him.

Moses and Elijah WERE on the mountain however ...I'm not sure how that worked ..but hope I get to ask in light of Jesus saying ..no one had ascended..they may have come from Olam Haba.

Mysteries of Our Lord ..who is awesome
truth

Perth, Australia

#524120 Mar 25, 2014
wicket visitors swearing upon people in house as well everywhere

noooo i don't liked that
someone know who they are

Quesnel, Canada

#524121 Mar 25, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
If you didn't believe that Jesus would save you ... that word Jesus would mean nothing to you whatsoever ... and you KNOW that is true.

Any other Jew is useless to you.

Quesnel, Canada

#524122 Mar 25, 2014
Crooks in the guises of gods.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase & Fable by Ivor H. Evans … First published 1817.

Tithes. One-tenth of the produce of the land was given to the Church, at first voluntarily but made compulsory by the end of the 8th century. The great tithes were those of the major crops, the small consisting of lesser produce. With the growth of the parochial system, they became an important item in the income of the parson and source of friction between clergy and their parishioners. With the rise of the PURITANS and later nonconformity a new grievance arose. Commutation of tithes began before 1600, and an attempt to commute tithers to a single rent charge was begun by an Act of 1836. Acts of 1937 and 1951 commuted them to a lump sum redeemable by installments up to A.D. 2000.
Michael

Canada

#524123 Mar 25, 2014
Roman Catholic information from PEW RESEARCH CENTRE 2014....

Its obvious the catholics on this forum are outsiders when it comes to the NEW WAVE majority of catholics and their personal views on church policies.

....77% of roman catholics favor use of birth control. 77%!!

...72% of roman catholics believe celebacy should be optional. 72%!!

...68% or roman catholics favor female priests

...50% of roman catholics favor same sex marriage.

Vast majority of roman catholics favor use birth control, married priests, and women becoming priests......and over 50% of roman catholics favor same sex marriage.

.........Thursday marks one year since Pope Francis was elected to the papacy — a year in which the former Argentine archbishop’s tone and approach raised expectations of change in the church’s direction.

.....Many Catholics would like to see changes on specific church teachings, and some family issues (including contraception) will be discussed at an upcoming synod this fall.

........Roughly three-quarters of U.S. Catholics (77%) say the church should allow birth control, while solid majorities also say the Vatican should permit priests to get married (72%) and female priests (68%). Half (50%) say the church should recognize same-sex marriages.

........ About half (51%) of U.S. Catholics say the church will definitely or probably allow priests to marry by 2050 – an increase from 39% saying this last year. Smaller shares expect the church to allow women to be priests (42%) or to recognize same-sex marriages (36%).

Quesnel, Canada

#524124 Mar 25, 2014
Michael wrote:
Star C.
USA catholic information.
Here is some more information recorded by the PEW RESEARCH CENTRE.
.......... Those who have left Catholicism outnumber those who have joined the Catholic Church by nearly a four-to-one margin. Overall, one-in-ten American adults (10.1%) have left the Catholic Church after having been raised Catholic, while only 2.6% of adults have become Catholic after having been raised something other than Catholic.
........While the ranks of the unaffiliated have grown the most due to changes in religious affiliation, the Catholic Church has lost the most members in the same process;
......Former Catholics are about evenly divided between those who have become Protestant and those who are now unaffiliated with any religion, with fewer now adhering to other faiths. Among Catholics who have become Protestant, most now belong to evangelical denominations, with fewer associated with mainline Protestant denominations and historically black churches.(For an explanation of how Protestants were broken down into evangelical, mainline and historically black churches, see the original “U.S. Religious Landscape Survey” report.)
Departures and the Life Cycle
........Almost half of Catholics who are now unaffiliated (48%) left Catholicism before reaching age 18, as did one-third who are now Protestant. Among both groups, an additional three-in-ten left the Catholic Church as young adults between ages 18 and 23. Only one-fifth who are now unaffiliated (21%) and one-third who are now Protestant (34%) departed after turning age 24. Among those who left the Catholic Church as minors, most say it was their own decision rather than their parents’ decision.
.........At least three-quarters of people raised Catholic say they attended Mass at least once a week as children. But those who have become unaffiliated exhibit a sharp decline in worship service attendance through their lifetime: 74% attended regularly as children, and only 2% do so as adults.
The hierarchy of the Catholic church is fully aware that they have enough wealth through the businesses they own plus tourism income to carry them over any rough times.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

The Incredible Book of Vatican Facts and Papal Curiosities … A treasury of Trivia, by Nino Lo Bello~ Published 1998.

How rich is the Vatican?

As one cardinal’s aide quipped not long ago,“The Vatican should truly be judged by the companies it keeps.”

Quesnel, Canada

#524125 Mar 25, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Mysteries of Our Lord ..who is awesome
There is no mystery to the idea that if Jesus lived, he would not BE a Christian. He would be devoted ONLY to Judaism.

You think you can drag a Jew along with you for your convenience. But I suggest that you are totally off target.

It's an insult to refer to a Jewish Rabbi as being a Christian.

Quesnel, Canada

#524126 Mar 25, 2014
I suggest that theologians were never inspired by an invisible god. They simply took their "cues" from other men with whose philosophies they agreed.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Signs & Symbols in Christian Art

The Saints

St. Thomas Aquinas

He became a professor at the University of Naples, where he based his teaching of Christian doctrine on the philosophy of Aristotle.

Quesnel, Canada

#524127 Mar 25, 2014
I can tell you in all honesty that if I was a Jewish Rabbi and people kept referring to me as being aligned to Christian dogma, I wouldn't give them any favors in a hereafter or in a here and now.

I would have nothing to do with them whatsoever. I would only hang out with other Jews who believe the same way I believe.

Within the greed-infested dogmas of religion ... that makes sense.

Jewish Rabbis don't hang around with Catholic or Protestant "groupies."

Quesnel, Canada

#524128 Mar 25, 2014
Theologians made up their stories as they went along.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

In the book "Signs and Symbols in Christian Art" ... there is a long story about St. Nicholas and all his achievements. It goes on and on and on, but at the start of the long convoluted story it states. "St. Nicholas of Myrna or Bari (fourth century) is regarded by historians as a purely legendary character who is supposed to have lived in the fourth century."

Quesnel, Canada

#524129 Mar 25, 2014
Corrected theology

To treat Jesus with respect, Christians should give their ALL to Judaism, and go to worship in synagogues.

Jesus should be honored as the Jew that could not be tempted by theologies opposed to Judaism.

That would be a show of respect. And I suggest that the Jews faithful to Judaism would perceive such a gesture as "divine" respect.
Liam

Denver, CO

#524130 Mar 25, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.... What special news sources does the church use or have to claim authority that the rest of us don't have or know about?
You say much of the Marian doctrine developed over time and within the authrority of the Church.
So does that mean Popes/Cardinals from centuries ago didn't have a clue that Marian doctrines were going to be developed by future Popes?
When are you going to realize this is all made up stuff to keep you coming back?
God" I wish I had some property to sell you.
What, you thought the Apostles sat down and composed a "constitution" of dogmatic and doctrinal teachings? Did you think that Jesus outlined every inch of His ministry- complete with feast days and Priestly attire? The Bible wasn't meant to explicitly detail every aspect of the Christian faith. Yes, the Bible does shed light on oft complicated Marian doctrine. But it doesnt need to detail her entire role.

The Lord didn't tell us to compile a Bible less alone which books to include. Neither did His Apostles. They simply ordained successors. Those successors, using both sacred scripture and sacred tradition, as well as the authority given to them, guided by the Holy Spirit, established dogmatic teachings concerning the Blessed Mother. The Holy Spirit didn't just give them a canon of scripture and disappear...... why would God give us a Bible, but no authority to interpret it?

You think I'm forced to believe this? I could leave anytime, just like you. I could spend the rest of my insecure atheist life trying to undermine the Catholic Church!
Michael

Canada

#524131 Mar 25, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>lol, I just heard that statement on the Walton show, and I thought it was funny.
I don't care if you think anyone or everyone is smarter than I am. You are as big a flake as Robert. your only here to kibbitz anyone or everyone. so set on it.lol
Atemcowboy says....I just heard the statement on the Walton show that it said if Anthony was twice as smart as he claimed he would be an idiot.

...I don't think the Walton's knew Anthony.

....good night John boy.....goodnight Preston.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Play "End of the Word" ..... Part 2 1 hr andet1987 58
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 2 hr lightbeamrider 4,034
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 hr Johnnys girl 100,755
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Jehowa Witness 619,365
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr another viewer 980,229
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 hr Shiralee 445,659
___*Antichrist, Global SIGNS, Forewarnings___ 4 hr YTube2017News 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 hr Rob Ford Sr 286,457
More from around the web