Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 693268 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#524125 Mar 25, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Mysteries of Our Lord ..who is awesome
There is no mystery to the idea that if Jesus lived, he would not BE a Christian. He would be devoted ONLY to Judaism.

You think you can drag a Jew along with you for your convenience. But I suggest that you are totally off target.

It's an insult to refer to a Jewish Rabbi as being a Christian.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#524126 Mar 25, 2014
I suggest that theologians were never inspired by an invisible god. They simply took their "cues" from other men with whose philosophies they agreed.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Signs & Symbols in Christian Art

The Saints

St. Thomas Aquinas

He became a professor at the University of Naples, where he based his teaching of Christian doctrine on the philosophy of Aristotle.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#524127 Mar 25, 2014
I can tell you in all honesty that if I was a Jewish Rabbi and people kept referring to me as being aligned to Christian dogma, I wouldn't give them any favors in a hereafter or in a here and now.

I would have nothing to do with them whatsoever. I would only hang out with other Jews who believe the same way I believe.

Within the greed-infested dogmas of religion ... that makes sense.

Jewish Rabbis don't hang around with Catholic or Protestant "groupies."
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#524128 Mar 25, 2014
Theologians made up their stories as they went along.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

In the book "Signs and Symbols in Christian Art" ... there is a long story about St. Nicholas and all his achievements. It goes on and on and on, but at the start of the long convoluted story it states. "St. Nicholas of Myrna or Bari (fourth century) is regarded by historians as a purely legendary character who is supposed to have lived in the fourth century."
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#524129 Mar 25, 2014
Corrected theology

To treat Jesus with respect, Christians should give their ALL to Judaism, and go to worship in synagogues.

Jesus should be honored as the Jew that could not be tempted by theologies opposed to Judaism.

That would be a show of respect. And I suggest that the Jews faithful to Judaism would perceive such a gesture as "divine" respect.
Liam

Denver, CO

#524130 Mar 25, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.... What special news sources does the church use or have to claim authority that the rest of us don't have or know about?
You say much of the Marian doctrine developed over time and within the authrority of the Church.
So does that mean Popes/Cardinals from centuries ago didn't have a clue that Marian doctrines were going to be developed by future Popes?
When are you going to realize this is all made up stuff to keep you coming back?
God" I wish I had some property to sell you.
What, you thought the Apostles sat down and composed a "constitution" of dogmatic and doctrinal teachings? Did you think that Jesus outlined every inch of His ministry- complete with feast days and Priestly attire? The Bible wasn't meant to explicitly detail every aspect of the Christian faith. Yes, the Bible does shed light on oft complicated Marian doctrine. But it doesnt need to detail her entire role.

The Lord didn't tell us to compile a Bible less alone which books to include. Neither did His Apostles. They simply ordained successors. Those successors, using both sacred scripture and sacred tradition, as well as the authority given to them, guided by the Holy Spirit, established dogmatic teachings concerning the Blessed Mother. The Holy Spirit didn't just give them a canon of scripture and disappear...... why would God give us a Bible, but no authority to interpret it?

You think I'm forced to believe this? I could leave anytime, just like you. I could spend the rest of my insecure atheist life trying to undermine the Catholic Church!
Michael

Canada

#524131 Mar 25, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>lol, I just heard that statement on the Walton show, and I thought it was funny.
I don't care if you think anyone or everyone is smarter than I am. You are as big a flake as Robert. your only here to kibbitz anyone or everyone. so set on it.lol
Atemcowboy says....I just heard the statement on the Walton show that it said if Anthony was twice as smart as he claimed he would be an idiot.

...I don't think the Walton's knew Anthony.

....good night John boy.....goodnight Preston.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#524132 Mar 25, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I read what you said on the bible hub, Marge..the part about ascension was confusing..I'm not sure what you believe..but as,Kay just wrote...the faithful were resurrected when JESUS went to claim them..one can assume they are not still walking around..and are in heaven with Him.
He told the thief he would be with Him in Paradise that day ...God is,Father Son and Spirit ...so it's,possible the thief was the first to enter heaven of the SOULS redeemed by Christ's death ..
At the time He spoke of no one ascending they hadn't but did after Him.
Moses and Elijah WERE on the mountain however ...I'm not sure how that worked ..but hope I get to ask in light of Jesus saying ..no one had ascended..they may have come from Olam Haba.
Mysteries of Our Lord ..who is awesome
yeah I believe paradise is different then heaven and that we all go to heaven together after the Lord returns;

The Return of the Lord

13But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. 14For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. 15For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. 16For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
doug

Grootfontein, Namibia

#524133 Mar 25, 2014
Michael wrote:
...and the catholic church leaders point their fingers at others who are sinful!
..Popes sexually active before receiving Holy Orders[edit]
Pope Pius II (1458–1464) had at least two illegitimate children, one in Strasbourg and one in Scotland, both born before he entered the clergy. Pius delayed becoming a cleric because of the requirement of chastity.[12]
....Pope Innocent VIII (1484–1492) had two illegitimate children during his youth, both born before he entered the clergy.[13] His nepotism towards these has been described as "lavish as it was shameless" [14] He married off his elder son Franceschetto Cybo to the daughter of Lorenzo de' Medici, who in return obtained the cardinal's hat for his thirteen-year-old son Giovanni, later Pope Leo X. Savonarola chastised him for his worldly ambitions.[15]
....Pope Clement VII (1523–1534) had one illegitimate son before he took holy orders, identified as Alessandro de' Medici, Duke of Florence.[16]
Pope Gregory XIII (1572–1585) had an illegitimate son before he took holy orders.[17][18]
....Popes who were, or may have been, sexually active after receiving Holy Orders[edit]
....Pope Julius II (1503–1513) had three illegitimate daughters, one of whom was Felice della Rovere (born in 1483, twenty years before his election).[19] The schismatic Conciliabulum of Pisa, which sought to depose him in 1511, accused him of being a "sodomite covered with shameful ulcers." [20]
...Pope Paul III (1534–1549) who, according to some sources, held off ordination in order to continue his promiscuous lifestyle, fathering four illegitimate children (three sons and one daughter) by his mistress Silvia Ruffini. He broke his relations with her ca. 1513. He made his illegitimate son Pier Luigi Farnese the first Duke of Parma.[21][22]
UNBELIEVABLE!
believe it, see www.vaticandesignexposed.com
marge

Leesburg, GA

#524134 Mar 25, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually..he said he believed Jesus said that..to the soldiers....
but wrote his book only by words,which were carved in history using sources,other than the bible..as a history ..not by articles of faith...
People are always saying there is no evidence of Jesus OUTSIDE OF THE BIBLE and the Church .
He wrote his book to REFUTE that...that we should believe in Jesus,NOT just by the Faith he shares..but as,REAL HISTORY
Your right he said to be in his book it had to be verified by sources outside the Bible, still most catholics don't believe what is Written.
Liam

Denver, CO

#524135 Mar 25, 2014
Michael wrote:
Roman Catholic information from PEW RESEARCH CENTRE 2014....
Its obvious the catholics on this forum are outsiders when it comes to the NEW WAVE majority of catholics and their personal views on church policies.
....77% of roman catholics favor use of birth control. 77%!!
...72% of roman catholics believe celebacy should be optional. 72%!!
...68% or roman catholics favor female priests
...50% of roman catholics favor same sex marriage.
Vast majority of roman catholics favor use birth control, married priests, and women becoming priests......and over 50% of roman catholics favor same sex marriage.
.........Thursday marks one year since Pope Francis was elected to the papacy — a year in which the former Argentine archbishop’s tone and approach raised expectations of change in the church’s direction.
.....Many Catholics would like to see changes on specific church teachings, and some family issues (including contraception) will be discussed at an upcoming synod this fall.
........Roughly three-quarters of U.S. Catholics (77%) say the church should allow birth control, while solid majorities also say the Vatican should permit priests to get married (72%) and female priests (68%). Half (50%) say the church should recognize same-sex marriages.
........ About half (51%) of U.S. Catholics say the church will definitely or probably allow priests to marry by 2050 – an increase from 39% saying this last year. Smaller shares expect the church to allow women to be priests (42%) or to recognize same-sex marriages (36%).
Millions wanted the Catholic Church to change a few teachings. They are called protestants.

Jesus wouldn't set up His Church by asking the American public to take a vote. Idiot. Lol. you think we're United Pentecostal Episcopalian Southern Baptist Conventioners... we can simply tell our bishops what kind of Christianity we want??
Jesus the Son of David, established a Davidic Kingdom. Did David ask Israel what they thought God wanted and then apply the most popular ideas? Lol
truth

Perth, Australia

#524136 Mar 25, 2014
''vrisak ti je iz kamena niko
na kapljicu krvi sviko''

vrisak is natural describe voice from angel as trumpet

if we know your masters is less then angels
marge

Leesburg, GA

#524138 Mar 25, 2014
Rose, I don't think Paul is talking about heaven here either;

Paul's Revelation
…2I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago-- whether in the body I do not know, or out of the body I do not know, God knows-- such a man was caught up to the third heaven. 3And I know how such a man-- whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, God knows-- 4was caught up into Paradise and heard inexpressible words, which a man is not permitted to speak.…
marge

Leesburg, GA

#524139 Mar 25, 2014
1 Corinthians 15:52
in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#524140 Mar 25, 2014
Matt. The Return of the Son of Man
…30"And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the SON OF MAN COMING ON THE CLOUDS OF THE SKY with power and great glory. 31"And He will send forth His angels with A GREAT TRUMPET and THEY WILL GATHER TOGETHER His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other.
Michael

Canada

#524141 Mar 25, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
What, you thought the Apostles sat down and composed a "constitution" of dogmatic and doctrinal teachings? Did you think that Jesus outlined every inch of His ministry- complete with feast days and Priestly attire? The Bible wasn't meant to explicitly detail every aspect of the Christian faith. Yes, the Bible does shed light on oft complicated Marian doctrine. But it doesnt need to detail her entire role.
The Lord didn't tell us to compile a Bible less alone which books to include. Neither did His Apostles. They simply ordained successors. Those successors, using both sacred scripture and sacred tradition, as well as the authority given to them, guided by the Holy Spirit, established dogmatic teachings concerning the Blessed Mother. The Holy Spirit didn't just give them a canon of scripture and disappear...... why would God give us a Bible, but no authority to interpret it?
You think I'm forced to believe this? I could leave anytime, just like you. I could spend the rest of my insecure atheist life trying to undermine the Catholic Church!
Liam says.....what you thought the apostles sat down and composed a constitution and doctrinal teachings?

Michael says.....Isn't that what any organization, company, or corporation does? Creates policies, plans of operation, rules and regulations before they start?

...You really believe God inspired the popes to create church canon laws, and papal documents over the centuries?

..Hell! The popes don't even know what's going on in their own organizations here on earth, let alone receiving divine intervention from heaven above.(lol)

....Vatican bank money laundering scandals.
....Sex abuse scandal worldwide, yet pope Benedict said Gee I didn't know what was going on.no one told me!......but everyone else did.

...I wish I had some property to sell you.

BUSTED!!
Michael

Canada

#524142 Mar 25, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Millions wanted the Catholic Church to change a few teachings. They are called protestants.
Jesus wouldn't set up His Church by asking the American public to take a vote. Idiot. Lol. you think we're United Pentecostal Episcopalian Southern Baptist Conventioners... we can simply tell our bishops what kind of Christianity we want??
Jesus the Son of David, established a Davidic Kingdom. Did David ask Israel what they thought God wanted and then apply the most popular ideas? Lol
...,These polls are of bonofied roman catholics today.

...your out of the loop of what most catholics think today. Nothing wrong with being in the minority, except the minority does not represent roman catholics viewpoints today.

...Tomorrow when you go to mass and smile at those around you, just remember most of these catholics have different views of catholicism than you do, regarding contraception, celebacy, same sex marriage, women priests etc.

....25 years ago most of these catholics thought like you did..........Not ANYMORE!

.......your world is getting SMALLER......smaller....
Michael

Canada

#524143 Mar 25, 2014
doug wrote:
<quoted text> believe it, see www.vaticandesignexposed.com
...I think when God returns (Soon as most claim) he will want Liam/hojo, Star C, and attemcowgirl to explain their hatred towards others in the name of god.

I can't wait. Hurry up God!
Michael

Canada

#524144 Mar 25, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
No Will.

.........Millions left because they believed there was corruption within the catholic church. The teachings were just part of it.

...For Millions to walk away from the catholic church as they did, there had too be many serious issues that upset them.

....Calling people heretics who disagreed with the catholic church, I am sure is not a teaching from an all loving God.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#524145 Mar 25, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~
You wrote
The Lord didn't tell us to compile a Bible less alone which books to include. Neither did His Apostles.

~~~~~

How can you say.... what God told any one ....when you don't even know Him personally.....and have to depend upon some one else to tell you what they think .he has said.

DID YOU NOT LEARN TO READ IN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL...

HAVE YOU NOT LEARNED THAT ONE SHOULD NOT ATTEMPT TO SECOND GUESS GOD?

God said IN

Isa 34:16 SEEK YE OUT THE BOOK OF THE LORD AND READ :

no one of these shall fail,

none shall want her mate:

for my mouth it hath commanded, and

his spirit/THE HOLY GHOST... it hath gathered them.

Isa 34:17 And he hath cast the lot for them, and his hand hath divided it unto them by line: they shall possess it for ever, from generation to generation shall they dwell therein.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min WildWeirdWillie 52,119
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min another viewer 992,000
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr waaasssuuup 445,992
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Edthirty 286,690
Allah is Satan hiding behind the name 2 hr Holy dr Shrink 21
‘Trump’s a racist’ — Marcia, Marcia, Ma... 5 hr Dipsy doodle 3
I want my girlfriend back. How do I win her back? 5 hr John 3
More from around the web