Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,722
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#523608 Mar 22, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
MEN OF OLD .... WROTE THE BIBLE BUT THE HOLY SPIRIT dictated it...over a period of 1600 years
BECAUSE THE THIRD PERSON OF THE GOD HEAD GAVE IT TO US ,
NO ONE CAN CHANGE IT,
ADD TO IT,
OR DELETE FROM IT...
The pope can and does change it, ignore it, alter it, and all Catholics march to his drum beat....

Like Hojo just said....they follow the "church fodders"......

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#523609 Mar 22, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Denying that the earth is 6000 years old does not mean you believe in "evolution".
No. But it's a good start.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#523610 Mar 22, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
who="Anthony MN" <quoted text>
Do you know the difference between infallible and inerrant?[
----------
Infallible: fail-proof
Inerrant: without error.
Catholics believe "the books of Scripture firmly, faithfully, and without error teach that truth which God, for the sake of our salvation, wished to see confided to the Sacred Scriptures.". I assume therefore your comment was directed towards the agnostics and atheists...

Columbus, OH

#523611 Mar 22, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You follow your Church Fathers, we will follow Jesus Christ.....
So Jesus was a thief, Thief?

Since: Mar 14

Worcester, MA

#523612 Mar 22, 2014
I was raised as a Catholic. In the 1960's receiving religious instruction leading to my first communion I always questioned things. I had the bruises on my knuckles from being hit with the ruler by Nuns to prove it. Over time you understand that it is not your place to question things but it is a matter of faith. As a 7-8 year old the story of Christ seemed no different than stories in Greek mythology of Hercules and Perseus. The problem is that Man reads 'spread. the word' in the Bible and takes to mean using violence is okay to convert non believers. Those other religions that existed years before Christian ity

Columbus, OH

#523613 Mar 22, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
God created specifically...light ..water..animals..man...
I know you believe in evolution..
There is,NO evidence for it between species....Yes man has chAnged within h I myself ...teeth..height ..etc.
Fish becoming man over eons???? No.but the theories abound ...
It's,more,like 6000 .....and all this,so called evidence for millions,of years..big bangs...missing links,..etc ...that's,man being foolish .
However fortunately belief in science over scripture does,not exclude,one from salvation...which is,by FAITH ..the free gift of grace.
For the,rest we,May know,some,day ....if God chooses...won't that be great!!!
Denying the obvious is a requirement of religion. It wouldn't be a religion else wise, eh?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#523614 Mar 22, 2014
marge wrote:
2 Timothy 3:16-17
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
~~~~~~

Amen

Columbus, OH

#523615 Mar 22, 2014
Albanyduck wrote:
I was raised as a Catholic. In the 1960's receiving religious instruction leading to my first communion I always questioned things. I had the bruises on my knuckles from being hit with the ruler by Nuns to prove it. Over time you understand that it is not your place to question things but it is a matter of faith. As a 7-8 year old the story of Christ seemed no different than stories in Greek mythology of Hercules and Perseus. The problem is that Man reads 'spread. the word' in the Bible and takes to mean using violence is okay to convert non believers. Those other religions that existed years before Christian ity
Really?

Reading of Hercules and Perseus at 7?

Hopefully in the original Greek.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#523616 Mar 22, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Got tired of lurking did you?
..I give it 3 or 4 days you will be back to your old self, shouting down people.....then the guilt sets in and you start apologizing........and the cycle continues.
...We can read you like a book Antonio.
(to the tune of the famous Lion King song)

"Can you feel the e-hug toniiiight....."
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#523617 Mar 22, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible speaks not on how old is earth......
Thanks Yoda....

Worcester, MA

#523618 Mar 22, 2014
Gunslinger Catholic s don't piss her off any less. It's just we confess, say a few I Hail Mary's and then start over.

#523619 Mar 22, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics believe "the books of Scripture firmly, faithfully, and without error teach that truth which God, for the sake of our salvation, wished to see confided to the Sacred Scriptures.". I assume therefore your comment was directed towards the agnostics and atheists...
~~~~

You Roman Catholics have no protection against the devil

Eph 6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand

Eph 6:14 Stand therefore, having

your loins girt about with truth, and YOU DENY TRUTH..

having on the breastplate of righteousness; YOU LIVES ARE FULL OF SIN..

Eph 6:15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace.. YOU DONT BELIEVE THE GOSPEL

Eph 6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith YOU DENY LIVING BY FAITH

wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

Eph 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and SALVATION COMES BY BEING BORN AGAIN ...AND YOU DON'T BELIEVE IN A BORN AGAIN EXPERIENCE

the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.......TO YOU THE SWORD IS SOLA SCRIPTURIAN ..

ACTUALLY YOU ARE NAKED...AGAINST THE WORKS OF THE DEVIL..

Worcester, MA

#523620 Mar 22, 2014
Chess my point was that they were also 'son of Greek god Zeus so to an 8 year old it was similar story because Nuns wouldn't explain what conception was much less what an 'Immaculate Conception' was
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#523621 Mar 22, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~
You Roman Catholics have no protection against the devil
Eph 6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand
Eph 6:14 Stand therefore, having
your loins girt about with truth, and YOU DENY TRUTH..
having on the breastplate of righteousness; YOU LIVES ARE FULL OF SIN..
Eph 6:15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace.. YOU DONT BELIEVE THE GOSPEL
Eph 6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith YOU DENY LIVING BY FAITH
wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
Eph 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and SALVATION COMES BY BEING BORN AGAIN ...AND YOU DON'T BELIEVE IN A BORN AGAIN EXPERIENCE
the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.......TO YOU THE SWORD IS SOLA SCRIPTURIAN ..
ACTUALLY YOU ARE NAKED...AGAINST THE WORKS OF THE DEVIL..
Judge not lest ye be judged.

Blessings.

Worcester, MA

#523622 Mar 22, 2014
Chess actually for at 7 Stories of Hercules, Perseus (along with Jason and the Argonauts and Godzilla) was standard for Saturday movie matinees. Waaaay back when movies were continuous showings. It motivated us to find the book and read. Another time I guess. Maybe they have an App for it somewhere.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#523623 Mar 22, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Medicare and modern medical science are your gods. Maybe the welfare god too?
Otherwise, a TRUE CHRISTIAN would only need prayer, right?
And how powerful is prayer???

Pray WITHOUT ceasing....

Worcester, MA

#523624 Mar 22, 2014
The number of civilizations and culture s destroyed in the name of spreading the word , including the Crusades and treatment of Native Americans is just typical of man reading the book and not understanding the message. The word is great. only man could take something beautiful and make it into a competition of who worships the 'right' way.

Location hidden

#523625 Mar 22, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
So Jesus was a thief, Thief?
Crawl back under your rock...lying snake

Location hidden

#523626 Mar 22, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Yoda....
You are welcome..Caca..

#523627 Mar 22, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Judge not lest ye be judged.
Blessings.
I gave you the word of the one that wrote the standard that all Christians should live by..

The one that will judge you by his standard...when you stand before him.

Evidently you think differently...and live by the standard set by those you call your Holly Fathers

and gamble your soul upon the chance that what these sinners say is true...

The Bible says
Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Evidently you believe that your Holy Fathers are gods...(however many they are)

and their church is your salvation...

Pro_14:12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Pro_16:25 There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 min lil whispers 605,081
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Hukt on Fonix 775,902
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 min Aura Mytha 265,221
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 11 min WasteWater 5,116
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 18 min EdmondWA 96,751
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 40 min scirocco 37,828
Scientific proof for God's existence 41 min lightbeamrider 12
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 51 min lisw 175,685
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 6 hr mannibterf 441,787
More from around the web