Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 568,296
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#522730 Mar 19, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Job considered himself a member of a fallen race. His profound question,“Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean?” is often used to show that a ransom to redeem man cannot come from the fallen human race. Therefore, some being from outside the human race had to provide the Ransom for Adam. To think of someone lifting this sin-benighted, diseased earth out of the quagmire of sin would be hopeless if the matter were viewed from the natural standpoint, for the human race is beyond human repair. Only Divinity can provide a solution.
We are very blessed to know about and understand the philosophy of the Ransom as part of the Harvest message. With the limited knowledge man had from the time the apostles went off the scene until the Harvest, Christians were justified by simply believing what God said but without understanding. A somewhat analogous example is that the Ancient Worthies performed sacrifices that God ordained, even though they did not understand the philosophy behind the sacrifices, because they trusted He had a reason. Their faith and trust in an unseen, intelligent, pure Creator were rewarded.
Mary recognized that she needed the Savior. The Bible never says that Mary was anyone but an ordinary human whom God chose to use in an extraordinary way. Yes, Mary was a righteous woman and favored by God (Luke 1:27-28, 27 "To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary. 28 And having come in, the angel said to her,“Rejoice, highly favored one, the Lord is with you; blessed are you among women!”). At the same time, Mary was a sinful human being who needed Jesus Christ as her Savior, just like everyone else (Ecclesiastes 7:20; Romans 3:23; 6:23; 1 John 1:8).
Ecclesiastes 7:20, "Surely there is not a righteous man on earth who does good and never sins."
Romans 3:23, "For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard."
Romans 6:23, "For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."
1 John 1:8, "If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us."
Mary was a 'sinner" saved by grace. Nothing more and nothing less.
“Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean? There is not one”(Job 14:4).

Are you saying that Jesus is unclean or are you saying that Mary is clean?

You and I are both sinners. The question at hand is where in Scripture does it say, "Mary is a sinner"? No where.

You can twist, turn, edit, ignore, and deny Scripture all you want.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#522731 Mar 19, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are adding to Scripture. Nowhere does it say that Jesus did not appoint Peter as head of His Church on earth after Jesus returned to the Father.
How idiotic....example of your stupidity...

Scripture does not say that your father had sex with your mother....that proves you don't exist!!!!!

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#522732 Mar 19, 2014
From the book …Witch Hunts, by Robert Rapley …Published 2007 comes the following…

Today, if a Muslim in North America was accused of being a terrorist in hiding who was plotting to carry out an act of terrorism, would we not assume guilt?
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#522733 Mar 19, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> You said you would not have lunch with someone that worshipped idols or prayed to the dead. If you truly loved Catholic's you wouldn't be so quick to make this claim of not having lunch with "idol worshipper's"
Particularly since Catholics don't worship idols.

Prince George, Canada

#522734 Mar 19, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
So can you.

That's the name of game.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#522735 Mar 19, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are now my new height of stupidity...you beat the flea by a mile!!!!!

You and I are both sinners. The question at hand is where in Scripture does it say, "Mary is a sinner"? No where.

When you can use intelligence instead of senseless sarcasm...get back to me..

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#522736 Mar 19, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. The Bible says that Jesus let Peter in charge. To say otherwise is to delete from Scripture.
"Thou art Peter and upon this rock I will build My Church."
You can twist, turn, edit, and deny all you want, but that's what Scripture says.
The stupidity you exhibit is outstanding!!!!!

Show us the definition of the Koine Greek word from which "church" was translated in that verse......

You will not do so..because that would prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that you are a bald--face liar...

BTW...that definition can be found in your NABre.....

Prove me wrong!!!!!
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#522737 Mar 19, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Except in the minds of the illusionists, myths can't appear.
Did the same Jesus appear in Martin Luther's mind when he was a Catholic as when he was Protestant???
They don't think on these issues, as they are too busy entertaining their own grandiose illusions of salvation.
"They don't think on these issues,,,, "

Exactly. Rational thinking is dangerous.

When an opinion is arrived at through emotion rather than logical thinking, then it is dangerous to later apply thought to such an opinion.

Such opinion can only be addressed in the same manner it was formed - through emotion.

Imagine, would anyone believe that a spirit who kills innocent children is a "loving spirit" worthy of worship, unless that were drilled into them emotionally throughout childhood.

No way. Basic morality tells us that today, killing everyone in a town is NOT the moral way to punish a few transgressors in the town.

How could anyone believe that absurdity, unless they were indoctrinated as children?

In fact, very few undoctrinated humans ever do.

That is why I rejoice at the thought of my one true, MORAL God.

Ramen
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#522738 Mar 19, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not following your instructions...
When you can put words together on any subject that has some intelligence..get back to me...
In other words you agree with Scripture that Jesus appointed Peter to lead in His place and that there is an unbroken line of leaders up to and including Pope Francis. Thanks for coming clean on this at last.

Have you considered ending your heresy so that you can rejoin the Catholic Church? You would be welcomed back.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#522739 Mar 19, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
When did Mary become sinless? That is a relatively new concept. The Bible rarely mentions her after Jesus' birth. The first Church Creed didn't even mention Mary..The Bible says all men sin.

Now the CC tells you to believe that Mary was sinless and went to Heaven in bodily form.

The only question now is this:

IN WHAT WAY IS MARY NOT A GODDESS?

It's all a delusion, but the Mary thing went WAY over the top IMHO.

Ramen

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#522740 Mar 19, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words you agree with Scripture that Jesus appointed Peter to lead in His place and that there is an unbroken line of leaders up to and including Pope Francis. Thanks for coming clean on this at last.
Have you considered ending your heresy so that you can rejoin the Catholic Church? You would be welcomed back.
You realize Acts portrays James as the leader of the Jerusalem Assembly, right?

Odd that, since Mark portrays Jesus' family as rejecting him and John portrays the disciples as all returning to Galilee after the crucifixion, huh?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#522741 Mar 19, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
Particularly since Catholics don't worship idols.
Ya we all know. The devil just put all them "idols" all over the church to confuse the hell out of Pagans and little boys who they hadn't the opportunity to rape and sodomize yet.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#522742 Mar 19, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
We Christians believe what the Bible says. Does the Bible say Jesus left Peter in charge?
Think about it. Peter was the most irrational of all the disciples. He had a big mouth. He over reacted when he was told not to when he cut off the ear of Malcus. He was a liar and a betrayer. Three times Jesus asked Peter if he agaped Him. What was Peter's response? Peter told Jesus he phileoed Him. In other words when Jesus asked Peter if he loved Him Peter told Jesus they were just buddies. Three times! Three times he also denied Jesus! Is this the man Jesus left in charge? He couldn't control himself much less anyone else. No way did Jesus leave Peter in charge. Period.
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. The Bible says that Jesus let Peter in charge. To say otherwise is to delete from Scripture.
"Thou art Peter and upon this rock I will build My Church."
You can twist, turn, edit, and deny all you want, but that's what Scripture says.
Well, Peter is the rock YOUR ROMAN CATHOLIC church was built. I will certainly give you that. However, the church Jesus Christ died to save is built upon Him.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#522743 Mar 19, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
When you can use intelligence instead of senseless sarcasm...get back to me..
I Peter 2:21-24, "21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: 22 Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth: 23 Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judges righteously: 24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed."

Where can we find Scripture that states Mary "did no sin"? We will wait for your Biblical response.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#522744 Mar 19, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
BOY!
You cathaholics really [don't] care who or what you suck face with do you? Well, it's really no surprise...just look at your history and track record.

Prince George, Canada

#522745 Mar 19, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. The Bible says
Protestants and Catholics should frame that saying on the wall and then ask each other "Why are we not agreeing on what the bible says???"

You might someday catch on to the idea that you all putting you own meanings into the words.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#522746 Mar 19, 2014
Not only does the Roman Catholic Church teach that Mary was born without "original sin," but they proclaim even further than she continued to be without sin her whole life

The Catechism says:

Mary benefited first of all and uniquely from Christ's victory over sin: she was preserved from all stain of original sin and by a special grace of God committed no sin of any kind during her whole earthly life.

The Fathers of the Eastern tradition call the Mother of God "the All-Holy" (Panagia), and celebrate her as "free from any stain of sin, as though fashioned by the Holy Spirit and formed as a new creature". By the grace of God Mary remained free of every personal sin her whole life long.

Notice Rome's clear teaching that Mary "committed no sin of any kind during her whole earthly life."

What the Bible Says about Mary Being Sinless:

The Roman Catholic Church teaches that Mary never sinned in her life.

In contrast to that, the Bible teaches, however,

"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23)
Please note that "all have sinned." This includes Mary.

"Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest" (Revelation 15:4)

The Bible teaches that God alone is holy. Mary is excluded.

"As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one" (Romans 3:10)

Is Mary sinless? Not according to the Bible.

Jesus is the only person who is referred to in Scripture as sinless. Hebrews 4:15 says, "For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feelings of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin." II Corinthians 5:21 says, "For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin ; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him." I Peter 2:22 says, "Who did no sin , neither was guile found in his mouth".

In contrast, Mary said that God is her Savior.(Luke 1:47) If God was her Savior, then Mary was not sinless. Sinless people do not need a Savior.

In the Book of Revelation, when they were searching for someone who was worthy to break the seals and open the scroll, the only person who was found to be worthy was Jesus. Nobody else in Heaven or on earth (including Mary) was worthy to open the scroll or even look inside it.(Revelation 5:1-5)

Prince George, Canada

#522747 Mar 19, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
"They don't think on these issues,,,, "
Exactly. Rational thinking is dangerous.
When an opinion is arrived at through emotion rather than logical thinking, then it is dangerous to later apply thought to such an opinion.
Such opinion can only be addressed in the same manner it was formed - through emotion.
Imagine, would anyone believe that a spirit who kills innocent children is a "loving spirit" worthy of worship, unless that were drilled into them emotionally throughout childhood.
No way. Basic morality tells us that today, killing everyone in a town is NOT the moral way to punish a few transgressors in the town.
How could anyone believe that absurdity, unless they were indoctrinated as children?
In fact, very few undoctrinated humans ever do.
That is why I rejoice at the thought of my one true, MORAL God.
Ramen
There are still many people in this modern era that are certain the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah were were destroyed by "God" because of sodomy ... of all the stupidity.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Assyrian clay tablet points to 'Sodom and Gomorrah' asteroid

A Cuneiform clay tablet which for over 150 years defied attempts at interpretation has now been revealed to describe an asteroid impact which in 3123 BC hit Köfels, Austria, leaving in its wake a trail of destruction which may acccount for the biblical tale of Sodom and Gomorrah.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/03/31/kofel ...

Prince George, Canada

#522748 Mar 19, 2014
OldJG wrote:
Jesus is the only person who is referred to in Scripture as sinless. Hebrews 4:15 says, "For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feelings of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin."
Jesus ... a Catholic priest!!!

How deceptive of such authors.

And then they want favors from the same supposed Jew that they insult!

If Jesus lived I suggest he would tell to kiss his Judaized butt, not take you to paradise and reward you with eternal bliss.

Prince George, Canada

#522749 Mar 19, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I already answered the question "I do not believe in any god."
But do you believe in a goddess? Are you an Atheist, or are you an Agnostic?

Are you ashamed of what you believe??? Is that why you hide what you believe?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's app 6 min crazy rob 2
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 9 min mamma-san 221,544
what's app me (+44) 07475470860 12 min crazy rob 3
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 18 min Tide with Beach 795,634
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 35 min Epiphany2 607,218
The Gym, Bracknell 36 min GayberksMan 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 51 min RADEKT 267,468
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr Esther12 120,742
Scientific proof for God's existence 5 hr BenAdam 589
More from around the web