Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 670211 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

hojo

Excelsior, MN

#523041 Mar 20, 2014
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
The Roman Catholic Church teaches the following about Mary:
1. Immaculate conception: She was conceived without original sin
2. She is all holy and lived a sinless life
3. She was perpetual virgin
4. She is the mother of God
5. She is the mother of the church
6. Assumption: She was taken directly to heaven after her death
7. She, with Jesus, is a co-mediator
8. She is the queen of heaven
9. She redeemed the human race with Jesus
According to the "Bible" are these statements about Mary correct?
<quoted text>
The church is the body of believers in Jesus Christ as their The body of believers known as the church represents the pillar and foundation of truth of which you speak. Not a denomination but living stones. I Peter 2:5, "And you are living stones that God is building iChrist
None of the items listed above are Biblical. NONE. If they are Biblical provide proof from the very Bible you suggest contains such bologna.
You OLDJG, are a typical (21st century) bible only Protestant " hack" preacher, that has appointed himself as a bible interpreting expert ( along with the other 42,200 plus bible interpreting buffoons) spinning, misquoting and misinterpreting sacred scripture to your own ( demise and destruction).-----Ignorance, beligerence and denial of over 2000 years of " proven, authenticated, and validated TRUE Church history, is the "entire basis" of your fictitious bible only modernistic "man-made" mythology that you "fundies" keep (burger-flipping) around on this forum! Deny the TRUTH all you want OLDJG, but the overwhelming vast majority of highly accredited Church historian authors, writers and Apologistic originators ALL debunk
your bible only Protestant "make-it-up-as-you-go " church history collection of "invented stories". The TRUTH has, is and will "always" be firmly grounded and solidified in Jesus Christ and His One ( and only one) True Apostolic Catholic Church--the Bride of Christ!!!
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#523042 Mar 20, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>this scripture doesn't say that. you would be better off to pick when Jesus told Peter to feed His sheep(even tho, it doesn't mean that either.lol)
The Bible says that Jesus left Peter in charge. To say otherwise is to delete from Scripture.
"Thou art Peter and upon this rock I will build My Church."
You can twist, turn, edit, and deny all you want, but that's what Scripture says.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#523043 Mar 20, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are now my new height of stupidity...you beat the flea by a mile!!!!!
Where does the Bible say "Tango Bravo is a sinner"????? It don't.....so using your stupid comments...you are not a sinner!!!!!
“Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean? There is not one”(Job 14:4).

Are you saying that Jesus is unclean or are you saying that Mary is clean?

You and I are both sinners. The question at hand is where in Scripture does it say, "Mary is a sinner"? No where.

When you can use intelligence instead of senseless sarcasm...get back to me..

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#523044 Mar 20, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
We've been over this
Josephus, a first century Jewish historian, mentions about a dozen Jews named Jesus.
He mentions no Jew named Christ.
Maybe Josephus didn't ask them their last names.

:)
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#523045 Mar 20, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact is, that no religion can escape the idea that if a creator exists that the creator with full awareness and intention created all forms of life to suffer.
In my opinion, that is why I will not believe that the universe was created.
For allowing suffering, the creator should have to lock itself in a dungeon and suffer for eternity ... as do many of its supposed "subjects."
"no religion can escape the idea ... "

That's not true June.

My one true God set it all in motion..

After that, life is on its own.

You are ranting against absurdities. Not the one true, logical God.

Ramen

Dawson Creek, Canada

#523046 Mar 20, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Man you are a relentless maniac. Give it up. every 5 minutes you repeat the same damn thing. You must smoke a lot of weed to even tolerate yourself!
Maybe now you would like to answer the question.

June VanDerMark wrote:

<quoted text>
From your perspective was Jesus born "perfect" when Mary and Jesus were both Jews "blessed" within the theology of Judaism???
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#523047 Mar 20, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical of an adult with the mine of an infant....can't refute the truth...can't accept it..bad-mouth the poster...
Typo cop:

"Mind of an infant," "not mine of an infant."

Ramen
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#523048 Mar 20, 2014
marge wrote:
They're not born again, they cannot see the Kingdom of God, so of course they cannot preach it.
90 some percent of you here are speaking for the anti-Christ or even the Devil,...
WOW WOW WOW.

Preston:
you have been speaking for the devil, ever since you came on here, and not ONE person has the least bit of confidence in anything that you say

----------
Marge is right on this one, Preston Most of this bunch have never been born again; if they had, they would know the truth.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#523049 Mar 20, 2014
Liam wrote:
Another ignorant Bible worshipping fanatic like old gee died.
Fred Phelps thunk he was a pastor after he read the Bible.
He thunk God wanted him to protest funerals of soldiers.
Duh dus dat sound like you, Oldjg? Duh ain't it in da bible I duh red it? Da Bible?
You forgot to mention his use of the bible to promote his own homophobia.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#523050 Mar 20, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
The Bible says...
Rom_3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
All... excludes no one...Mary lived under the Law (until Jesus died on Calvary) She had to keep the whole law..and abide by the day of atonement....only.. After the death of Jesus..(the ultimate sacrifice for our sins) was she saved by Grace....
Jas_2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
Grace did not come into effect until Jesus Died...on the Cross....
When Joseph and Mary took Jesus to be circumcised ..they were keeping the Law of Moses
Jesus lived and died under the Law.
Joh_1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
The Apostle Paul wrote...concerning the Jews
2Co 3:14 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.
for the JEWS
2Co 3:15 --> But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart. <---
Joseph and Mary was chosen because....There were ALREADY THE REAL heirs to the throne of David. in Jerusalem..
That is ....if the dynasty of David has continued over the 28 generations between Davids reign .. and The Birth of Joseph..JESUS' CUSTODIAL father...
Jesus would have been the next heir apparent to the throne...
Mary and Joseph were Royalty here on earth..BY VIRTUE OF THEIR LINAGE..(PEDAGREE.).
.BUT
ONLY.... JESUS,.....THE SON OF GOD IS ROYALTY IN HEAVEN.
confronting

Peace

Nice. We are all saved by Grace. But this does not end. We are also a royal priesthood.(I Pet 2:9).

Peace

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#523051 Mar 20, 2014
IF THE PHYSICAL DYNASTY OF DAVID HAD CONTINUED AFTER JESUS ASCENDED...

James the Son of Joseph and Mary would have been heir apparent NEXT IN LINE to the throne in Jerusalem.......

.As apposed to Peter in Rome....

Peter was not of the linage of David .

From the Crucifixion of Jesus until HIS return

the linage of David is a Spiritual kingdom

RULED BY THE HOLY GHOST

until .

.JESUS RETURNS AND SET UP HIS KINGDOM IN JERUSALEM IN THE MILLENNIUM

-->THE GOVERNMENT OF GOD IS UPON THE SHOULDER OF JESUS.
NOT THE POPE...<--

Isa_9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and

(NOTE) the government shall be upon his/j\JESUS shoulder:

and his/JESUS' name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#523052 Mar 20, 2014
doug wrote:
<quoted text>
When we study the Bible we must also study the history of religion ,the catholic church has a terrible history ,Evin now with all the child abuse by priests (sodomy) When someone sodomizes a child I am sure he cannot be a man of God, what do you think ??
Do not make me your enemy for I tell you the truth.
The CC is evil? So why use the Holy Book that would NOT exist if not for the CC?

That's a problem for your position.

How could such "evil" create your Holy Book, if not to misguide you?

Dawson Creek, Canada

#523053 Mar 20, 2014
Perfected theology ... ahem ... cough ... cough.

If Jesus was born perfect into Judaism ... the god must have thought Judaism was based on truth.

In religious "circles" truth and perfection are one of the same ... aren't they???
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#523054 Mar 20, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Idol:
An image used as an object of worship. One that is adored, often blindly or excessively.
I have posted info showing your pope kneeling and praying before an idol...I think I still have it...do you want to see it???
And...I may still have a video with audio, showing catliks praying before a idol...do you want to see it???
An idol is an object of worship, as though it were a god.

A picture is a picture.

A statue is a statue.

Kneeling in front of a picture or a statue while you pray to the one, true God is not anywhere near the same thing as worshiping a false idol.

Do you ever kneel while praying? Will you agree that everything in front of you is the false god you're praying to?

When you can prove my info as being incorrect...get back to me....

Dawson Creek, Canada

#523055 Mar 20, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
"no religion can escape the idea ... "
That's not true June.
My one true God set it all in motion..
After that, life is on its own.
You are ranting against absurdities. Not the one true, logical God.
Ramen
Is that why Ramen is in hiding??? He created the mess of suffering in all forms of life and then pretended to not take ownership of his own faulty mess???

Naughty, naughty, Ramen!

Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#523056 Mar 20, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You still have the lead over the flea!!!!
Only a super stupid person, as yourself, will deny the truth in the definitions of words found in dictionaries used by educators and the general public, and, instead, will make up a ridiculous definition to present as "gospel"....
During the time of Jesus "Firstborn" refered to legal/social standing.

In the time of Jesus the word we translate as "firstborn" was used not only to describe the son born before other sons but also used to describe a child who died because its mother died while the child was still in the womb.

When you can prove my info as being incorrect...get back to me....
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#523057 Mar 20, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe Josephus didn't ask them their last names.
They had no last names, goofy.
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#523058 Mar 20, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, yes there is. You don't remember the "disciple whom Jesus loved" of John?
Closing your eyes won't change the facts.
Now, as to your point regarding acceptance of the relationship.
We are dealing with a story written outside Palestine by a gentile or Hellenized Jew, not John Mark, son of Mary of Jerusalem.
The text was written anonymously and only later falsely ascribed to that individual.
A Jew from 1st century Palestine is unlikely to have written a text that got the Jewish culture and Palestinian geography wrong.
Jews in the 1st century didn't accepted homosexuality.
True.
But Mark probably wasn't written by a Jew and wasn't an accurate history of Jesus regardless,
It was merely what the author *wanted* Jesus to be.
And pederasty was common practice in most parts of the Roman empire.
The author of pre-canonical Mark was merely plying his culture to the historical Jesus.
Did Jesus actually engage in such behavior?
I would not rely on any version of Mark to answer that question.

----------
John, being the disciple that Jesus loved, is a much misunderstood saying. If you will notice, JOHN IS SPEAKING OF HIMSELF. This comment is only in John's gospel, and it simply expresses the humility of John.
He does not proudly speak of himself at any time. Unlike most people, he doesn't boast of "I", or "me".
Doesn't Jesus love YOU? Does that make YOU a pervert?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#523059 Mar 20, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
The CC is evil? So why use the Holy Book that would NOT exist if not for the CC?
That's a problem for your position.
How could such "evil" create your Holy Book, if not to misguide you?
~~~~

THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH does not consider the BIBLE A HOLY BOOK..

if they did they would abide by the teachings that ate chronicled with in it....

God used an ass to speak his word...In the old testament....why could he not use a bunch of dummies to compile his Bible..

Dawson Creek, Canada

#523060 Mar 20, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
Do you honestly believe that you are preaching on behalf of Jesus the invisible Jewish rabbi turned Protestant???

Are you THAT much of a fruitcake???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Rider on the Storm 99,850
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 9 min bad bob 184,265
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 56 min Rider on the Storm 980,047
the new gay skype 1 hr thedarkone40 3
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr ChromiuMan 6,135
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Evanka Dump 286,442
Wife is gonna experience another man Sunday. 11 hr The Guy 1
More from around the web