Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
504,541 - 504,560 of 539,563 Comments Last updated 7 min ago
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#522675 Mar 19, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
People always try to use the situation with the "thief on the cross" to try and justify/prove that baptism isn't necessary.
Satan has planted these lies in the minds of men for centuries.....
Do you not believe that Jesus could forgive sins of men while He was on this earth???
Had Jesus' blood been shed yet to be baptized into the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus???
Lots for you to learn, my friend...
~~~
Jesus defined water Baptism as, necessary to "fulfil all righteousness."
Baptism...defined
to make whelmed (that is, fully wet); used only (in the New Testament) of ceremonial ablution, especially (technically) of the ordinance of Christian baptism:- baptist, baptize, wash.
ablution (ceremonially or Christian):- baptism, washing.
Mat 3:13 Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him.
Mat 3:14 But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?
Mat 3:15 And Jesus answering said unto him,
--> Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him. <--
Mat 3:16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
Mat 3:17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
The ablution is from the inside out...The washing of the heart...by the blood of Jesus comes first
First the heart ...regeneration.. then the body..water..baptism.
Tit_3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us,
by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
Hello GIF,

The whole WASHING is from the inside......

and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you alsoŚNOT the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God.

Clear conscience toward God...

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#522676 Mar 19, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, what is the purpose of baptism???
A symbolic show of belief.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#522677 Mar 19, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a lot more to being baptized.....

After the death of Christ and the establishment of His church, all men became subject to the terms of the Great Commission.

The "thief on the cross" was NOT under the terms of the Great Commission.

Location hidden

#522678 Mar 19, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
he, hank, is a campbellite and has been programmed not to accept that as being factual. if or when he gets Saved, he will know better then

Location hidden

#522679 Mar 19, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh.....
I see the false teachings in other preachers......
If you knew the Word of God, you would be able to see it too......
back at you. it you KNEW Him, you would be able to see it too.

as it is, you are nothing but a programmed robotic shell

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#522680 Mar 19, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Again..nothing else,in the scripture points,to any sort of this,thing Imputed to Jesus...at all.
Had He such activity no Jew would have ever followed Him believing Him a Mesiah .what better way to turn off people than to write this slander about a,great miracle ...especially the,Jews,who were being baptized..
As for His death it was foretold and meant to happen .why He came to begin with ...along with His,Word ..
The temple authorities also went after the healed blind man..of course they'd want Lazarus back in the ground.
Let's face for them a Messiah who did NOT cozy up to them would put them out of business.
As,for the Romans...here is a,man who has,the ability to feed thousands,(an army??) And can heal injuries and as a,last straw,raise the dead ...I'm sure the high priest used these,events,as a last straw,to influence Pilate with a,threat to report to Caesar on Jesus's actions .
Well, yes there is. You don't remember the "disciple whom Jesus loved" of John?

Closing your eyes won't change the facts.

Now, as to your point regarding acceptance of the relationship.

We are dealing with a story written outside Palestine by a gentile or Hellenized Jew, not John Mark, son of Mary of Jerusalem.

The text was written anonymously and only later falsely ascribed to that individual.

A Jew from 1st century Palestine is unlikely to have written a text that got the Jewish culture and Palestinian geography wrong.

Jews in the 1st century didn't accepted homosexuality.

True.

But Mark probably wasn't written by a Jew and wasn't an accurate history of Jesus regardless,

It was merely what the author *wanted* Jesus to be.

And pederasty was common practice in most parts of the Roman empire.

The author of pre-canonical Mark was merely plying his culture to the historical Jesus.

Did Jesus actually engage in such behavior?

I would not rely on any version of Mark to answer that question.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#522681 Mar 19, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
So? You got a problem with me keeping my own personal beliefs to myself?
Only if you keep "hinting" that you have contacts, as though your contacts are feeding you knowledge.

Prince George, Canada

#522682 Mar 19, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, yes there is. You don't remember the "disciple whom Jesus loved" of John?
Had you placed faith in the religion of the ancient Egyptians ... your own religious dogmas would be of no importance to you whatsoever.

It's all a matter of WHAT people believe is truth ... not that they own truth.

Prince George, Canada

#522683 Mar 19, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
Satan has planted these lies in the minds of men for centuries.....
Is that why you preach that Jesus agrees that homosexuals are perverts and Catholics are all liars.

Is THAT Satan planting lies in your OWN mind???

Prince George, Canada

#522684 Mar 19, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
" I wish all others nothing but the best life has to offer in this life " is one of the biggest lines of crap you have posted. That's bullsh!t and you know it too.
It's true. That is why I want people to get out religious cults so they will see each other as equals and not believe others are evil and their selves are sin-free holy servants of god.

Religion teaches people to fight, as is plain by the constant bickering of Catholics and Protestants on this forum.

If you can't see that ... you are blind.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#522685 Mar 19, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Had you placed faith in the religion of the ancient Egyptians ... your own religious dogmas would be of no importance to you whatsoever.
It's all a matter of WHAT people believe is truth ... not that they own truth.
What religion would mine be?

Prince George, Canada

#522686 Mar 19, 2014
Catholics become angry at me because I won't believe that Protestants will spend eternity in hell.

Protestants become angry at me because I won't believe that Catholics will spend eternity in hell.

I don't believe that anyone will go to hell ... yet they are angry at me when I won't agree with their dogmas that by the way they are certain are based on divine wisdom.

And they don't see anything wrong with that picture.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#522687 Mar 19, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm ok with you saying I'm brainwashed but don't say stupid things like people are born Christians or else I will be here to rebuke you.
Do we understand each other?
....IGNORED!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#522688 Mar 19, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
fine
ain't got nuttin to do with Christianity......baby!!!!!
Without Christ there is no Christianity, which explains why you were lost as a catholic.
.....without Wolf Blitzer, there is no Situation Room.

Prince George, Canada

#522689 Mar 19, 2014
For believers, doubt mingles with faith ... BIG TIME!

"I dare not be too vain and presume that I am chosen, or God might not choose me. However I must have faith that he 'will' choose me, or he will see that my faith is weak, and for that, he might NOT choose me."

Prince George, Canada

#522690 Mar 19, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
OH OH!

Location hidden

#522691 Mar 19, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a lot more to being baptized.....
After the death of Christ and the establishment of His church, all men became subject to the terms of the Great Commission.
The "thief on the cross" was NOT under the terms of the Great Commission.
you hank, are a liar. a will goes into effect as soon as the testator expires. ask any lawyer, AND IT IS A FACT THAT JESUS DIED BEFORE EITHER OF THE TWO MALEFACTORS.

SO IT WOULD BEHOOVE YOU TO QUIT YOUR LYING

Prince George, Canada

#522692 Mar 19, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you at all religious???

Prince George, Canada

#522693 Mar 19, 2014
Human babies are not born religious. They are taught to BE religious.
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#522694 Mar 19, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....well!....tell us what they are, and how you come to that knowledge.....or is this more of your bull schitte?
I would be my opinion only, not anything binding on you to believe. However, there are several writings by saints that I would definitely believe is inspired by God, such as The Dolorous Passion of Our Lord Jesus Christ:
http://www.jesus-passion.com/DOLOROUS_PASSION...

But you (or anyone else) do not have to believe it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Buck Crick 734,047
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 19 min bad bob 173,312
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 26 min Jim Justice 118,133
wonders on temple of solution (Jun '11) 46 min please help me 46
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Porkpie Hat 258,216
Sharing my wife's nude pics to be exposed 1 hr dobryidrug 32
Surrender Yourself To God! We're Living In Endt... 1 hr My 2 cents worth 3
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Patrick 226,561
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Stephania capitani 600,207
•••