Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683740 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#523028 Mar 20, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
How funny!
Both words are from mythology.
We've been over this, goofy.

Josephus, a first century Jewish historian, mentions about a dozen Jews named Jesus.

He mentions no Jew named Christ.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#523029 Mar 20, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
“Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean? There is not one”(Job 14:4).
Are you saying that Jesus is unclean or are you saying that Mary is clean?
You and I are both sinners. The question at hand is where in Scripture does it say, "Mary is a sinner"? No where.
You can twist, turn, edit, ignore, and deny Scripture all you want.
~~~

The Bible says...

Rom_3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

All... excludes no one...Mary lived under the Law (until Jesus died on Calvary) She had to keep the whole law..and abide by the day of atonement....only.. After the death of Jesus..(the ultimate sacrifice for our sins) was she saved by Grace....

Jas_2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

Grace did not come into effect until Jesus Died...on the Cross....

When Joseph and Mary took Jesus to be circumcised ..they were keeping the Law of Moses

Jesus lived and died under the Law.

Joh_1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

The Apostle Paul wrote...concerning the Jews
2Co 3:14 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.

for the JEWS

2Co 3:15 --> But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart. <---

Joseph and Mary was chosen because....There were ALREADY THE REAL heirs to the throne of David. in Jerusalem..

That is ....if the dynasty of David has continued over the 28 generations between Davids reign .. and The Birth of Joseph..JESUS' CUSTODIAL father...

Jesus would have been the next heir apparent to the throne...

Mary and Joseph were Royalty here on earth..BY VIRTUE OF THEIR LINAGE..(PEDAGREE.).

.BUT

ONLY.... JESUS,.....THE SON OF GOD IS ROYALTY IN HEAVEN.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#523030 Mar 20, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
And every other church's members r perfect and sinless?
It's that "one true" thing that makes people believe that the CC should be held to a higher standard.

Being "no worse than..." doesn't cut it for the CC.

The Baptists maybe, but not for the CC.

By deeds, not by words is how we should judge. Who said that?
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#523031 Mar 20, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Why do the devout believers in Jesus indicate that as a Jew he did not have a perfected belief ... yet at the same time claim that Jesus was born "perfect?"
Did Judaism make him less perfect than he was at birth?
Bunkology!
A boiled egg is hard to beat.

Soften them up first.

They are not bad people, just misguided.

Ramen
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#523032 Mar 20, 2014
who="OldJG"] ldJG wrote:
The Roman Catholic Church teaches the following about Mary:
1. Immaculate conception: She was conceived without original sin
2. She is all holy and lived a sinless life
3. She was perpetual virgin
4. She is the mother of God
5. She is the mother of the church
6. Assumption: She was taken directly to heaven after her death
7. She, with Jesus, is a co-mediator
8. She is the queen of heaven
9. She redeemed the human race with Jesus
According to the "Bible" are these statements about Mary correct?
<quoted text>
Your pitiful Romans are so predictable. When confronted with the truth you scream and cry like a first grader. Just admit it. You have no "Biblical" response to the lies the Roman Catholic church has been spewing about Mary.
<quoted text>
Liam the Roman loser said, quote, "No, you're the one being confronted with Biblical truth. That is, Jesus and his apostles started a Church, which the Bible says. is the pillar and foundation of truth." End quote.
You are TRULY stupid. The church is the body of believers in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. Jesus did not create a "church" denomination. If he did, show the name of this church denomination in the Bible. The body of believers known as the church represents the pillar and foundation of truth of which you speak. Not a denomination but living stones. I Peter 2:5, "And you are living stones that God is building into his spiritual temple. What’s more, you are his holy priests.Through the mediation of Jesus Christ, you offer spiritual sacrifices that please God."
Liam the Roman loser said, quote, "All those things above are Biblical, and we certainly don't need to apologize to you if it doesn't fit your criteria. You could better understand Marian doctrine if you'd admit that she is the Holy ark that brought the word of God made flesh, Jesus Christ, into this world." End quote.
None of the items listed above are Biblical. NONE. If they are Biblical provide proof from the very Bible you suggest contains such bologna.
Liam, face it, Mary got naked with Joseph, had sex with him and their union produced the brothers and sisters of Jesus. There is no shame or dirty issue with sex in marriage. Joseph consummated his marriage to Mary just as your parents consummated their marriage.
Liam the Roman loser said, quote, "And would a devout Jew "get naked" (as you pathetically implied last week) with the Holy Ark? Right, read what happened to a devout Jew who merely LOOKED at the first ark." End quote.
Devout Jew? You told us Mary was a Roman Catholic. Also, yes, Mary had sex with her husband. She is not a "holy" anything. She is a sinner saved by grace. In fact Mary's maternal expertise can be brought into question. How many mothers leave their 12 year old son behind in a temple full of strangers and doesn't realize he is gone until three days later. If you do not believe me read Luke 2:41-52. Do you have a Bible?

----------
I won't comment on most of your post, but wish to speak out for Mary's parenting skill. I raised 9 children, and it can be hard to know where they all are at any given moment. With several smaller children than Jesus, she had a real job.

She did not ignore Him for three days; she thought He was with other family/children on the trip. When time came to put Him to bed (one day), she realized that He was not with them.

Only ONE DAY...it took another two days to retrace their steps, and locate Him in the temple with the elders.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#523033 Mar 20, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
June VanDerMark wrote:
So that means he never left Judaism. He just made it a better form OF Judaism as he expanded his own knowledge ... RIGHT???
I understand that is not what you meant. You meant he became a Gnostic ... in your image.
<quoted text>
Like I had stated - she adds her own views to a religion of views to come to a new conclusion about others.
It is all very simple.....minded.
:o)
Have you got a better idea than that if Jesus actually lived he would have simply enhanced his own Judaism rather than following you into Gnosticism???

:)
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#523034 Mar 20, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe the Lgtb community crash his funeral.
I wouldn't blame them if they did.
The man was just another example Sola Scripture gone AWOL.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#523035 Mar 20, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
A boiled egg is hard to beat.
Soften them up first.
They are not bad people, just misguided.
Ramen
OH don't suggest that THEY could possibly be misguided. Especially if they have any matches handy.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#523036 Mar 20, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text> The Bible didn't say that. The RCC butchered the scriptures and that's one of the lies they came up with.
Scripture states that Christ would crush the head of the serpent but in the demonically corrupt Catholic Duoay Rheims version,it says that the woman shall crush the serpents head.
Anyone that trusts anything that comes forth from the RCC couldn't be Spiritually led but they are spiritually and scripturally confused.
There was at one time a move by the RCC to make Mary a member of the Godhead.
Baloney.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#523037 Mar 20, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
By deeds, not by words is how we should judge. Who said that?
Well, we have to admit that the Catholics and Protestants were very adept at killing each other.

Does "that" count as good deeds???
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#523038 Mar 20, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
The Gnostic Jesus and the Path of Initiation.
For two thousand years, the teachings of Christianity have changed dramatically, especially regarding its founder and inspiration, Jesus. A master of Kabbalah and Hebrew, Jesus made the secret teachings public, enraging those who were attached to their power and traditions.
Although the genuine teachings of Jesus were obscured and hidden from the public, the time has come for them to be restored and made known. In The Major Mysteries, Samael Aun Weor reveals the practical basis of authentic Kabbalah, Christianity, and Alchemy, the science Jesus taught, which explains how to return to Eden: through the same door we used to leave it. The return to Eden is the “narrow, straight gate,” the way to be “born again.” Any birth, whether of the flesh or the spirit, is sexual. The author also provides an amazing account of the private life of Jesus and his process of development. Filled with practical exercises, prophecies, and guidance for liberation from suffering, The Major Mysteries is an essential handbook for anyone who longs to know for themselves the truth of Jesus and his message.
http://gnosticteachings.org/books-by-samael-a...
Did you hear about the fellow whose whole left side was cut off?

He's all right now.

Ramen
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#523039 Mar 20, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Why won't you answer my questions or can't you???
How's that for big talking:)
You asked a very open question. Let's get small. Ask something specific.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#523040 Mar 20, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
The Bible says...
Blah, blah, blah.

It is plain that you are convinced that you are cured of sin and that others ought to follow your Protestant lead.

What else do you want to drag out of your KJV???
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#523041 Mar 20, 2014
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
The Roman Catholic Church teaches the following about Mary:
1. Immaculate conception: She was conceived without original sin
2. She is all holy and lived a sinless life
3. She was perpetual virgin
4. She is the mother of God
5. She is the mother of the church
6. Assumption: She was taken directly to heaven after her death
7. She, with Jesus, is a co-mediator
8. She is the queen of heaven
9. She redeemed the human race with Jesus
According to the "Bible" are these statements about Mary correct?
<quoted text>
The church is the body of believers in Jesus Christ as their The body of believers known as the church represents the pillar and foundation of truth of which you speak. Not a denomination but living stones. I Peter 2:5, "And you are living stones that God is building iChrist
None of the items listed above are Biblical. NONE. If they are Biblical provide proof from the very Bible you suggest contains such bologna.
You OLDJG, are a typical (21st century) bible only Protestant " hack" preacher, that has appointed himself as a bible interpreting expert ( along with the other 42,200 plus bible interpreting buffoons) spinning, misquoting and misinterpreting sacred scripture to your own ( demise and destruction).-----Ignorance, beligerence and denial of over 2000 years of " proven, authenticated, and validated TRUE Church history, is the "entire basis" of your fictitious bible only modernistic "man-made" mythology that you "fundies" keep (burger-flipping) around on this forum! Deny the TRUTH all you want OLDJG, but the overwhelming vast majority of highly accredited Church historian authors, writers and Apologistic originators ALL debunk
your bible only Protestant "make-it-up-as-you-go " church history collection of "invented stories". The TRUTH has, is and will "always" be firmly grounded and solidified in Jesus Christ and His One ( and only one) True Apostolic Catholic Church--the Bride of Christ!!!
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#523042 Mar 20, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>this scripture doesn't say that. you would be better off to pick when Jesus told Peter to feed His sheep(even tho, it doesn't mean that either.lol)
The Bible says that Jesus left Peter in charge. To say otherwise is to delete from Scripture.
"Thou art Peter and upon this rock I will build My Church."
You can twist, turn, edit, and deny all you want, but that's what Scripture says.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#523043 Mar 20, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are now my new height of stupidity...you beat the flea by a mile!!!!!
Where does the Bible say "Tango Bravo is a sinner"????? It don't.....so using your stupid comments...you are not a sinner!!!!!
“Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean? There is not one”(Job 14:4).

Are you saying that Jesus is unclean or are you saying that Mary is clean?

You and I are both sinners. The question at hand is where in Scripture does it say, "Mary is a sinner"? No where.

When you can use intelligence instead of senseless sarcasm...get back to me..
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#523044 Mar 20, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
We've been over this
Josephus, a first century Jewish historian, mentions about a dozen Jews named Jesus.
He mentions no Jew named Christ.
Maybe Josephus didn't ask them their last names.

:)
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#523045 Mar 20, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact is, that no religion can escape the idea that if a creator exists that the creator with full awareness and intention created all forms of life to suffer.
In my opinion, that is why I will not believe that the universe was created.
For allowing suffering, the creator should have to lock itself in a dungeon and suffer for eternity ... as do many of its supposed "subjects."
"no religion can escape the idea ... "

That's not true June.

My one true God set it all in motion..

After that, life is on its own.

You are ranting against absurdities. Not the one true, logical God.

Ramen
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#523046 Mar 20, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Man you are a relentless maniac. Give it up. every 5 minutes you repeat the same damn thing. You must smoke a lot of weed to even tolerate yourself!
Maybe now you would like to answer the question.

June VanDerMark wrote:

<quoted text>
From your perspective was Jesus born "perfect" when Mary and Jesus were both Jews "blessed" within the theology of Judaism???
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#523047 Mar 20, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical of an adult with the mine of an infant....can't refute the truth...can't accept it..bad-mouth the poster...
Typo cop:

"Mind of an infant," "not mine of an infant."

Ramen

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min River Tam 15,985
Looking for girls to snapchat 36 min aldenmorgan737 1
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr Tony 6,415
So how exactly did O.J. Simpson pull off a doub... 2 hr Remember 94 95 13
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr David S Pumpkins 286,522
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr Aerobatty 983,116
I'm very saddened by Kryie wanting away from Le... 4 hr Doctor REALITY 2
More from around the web