Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 589410 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#522701 Mar 19, 2014
Without ancient Christianity having preached of a devil and hell, this con-artist would have no followers.

His followers want to believe in the new dogma of Christianity and so they adore what he preaches. NO sin, no punishment ... God and Jesus loves everybody.

He's nobody's fool. He's a very wealthy man.

Prince George, Canada

#522702 Mar 19, 2014
I watched a program on Primetime OWN.

The man who calls himself the second coming of Jesus told the person interviewing him (verbatim)... "So you tell the millions of followers I have ...’Dat guy's a liar.’ You know what dey gonna say?...‘I prefer his lies.’"

Here he is in person …

Prince George, Canada

#522703 Mar 19, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Still waiting.
Are you religious???

Prince George, Canada

#522704 Mar 19, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not believe in any god.
Do you believe in a goddess???

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#522705 Mar 19, 2014
Peace

“Atheism turns out to be too simple. If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning...”

&#8213; C.S. Lewis

Peace

Prince George, Canada

#522706 Mar 19, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the problem I have with you.
Understanding religious texts for what they are does not make one religeous.
I do not believe in any god.
But that has not stopped you from claiming I am a Jew, a Christian, and a Gnostic from time to time.
Your fear of knowledge is noted.
Nut.
Are you an Atheist???
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#522707 Mar 19, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
I would rather be an Atheist who believes that no one goes to hell than to believe that others go to hell while I go to heaven.
I find religion very lopped-sided ... sickening actually.
+

100% correct June, no true God creates life for the purpose of torturing it for eternity.

The concept is sick.

Yet the delusional bible tells us that most humans suffer such a fate by a wacko god filled with lowly human emotions like anger and jealousy.

You are beyond that June. That's why some posters here call you "evil."

Did you murder anyone June? Probably not.

Have you robbed anyone? Probably not.

Have you molested any children, or covered up such a crime? Probably not.

No June, they call you evil because you don't buy into their absurd immoral god.

YOU ARE "EVIL" BECAUSE YOU EXPOSE THEIR DELUSION.

My God likes you June. Come to the one true, scientifically proven God.

Ramen

Prince George, Canada

#522708 Mar 19, 2014
Some people call me an Atheist and in one context that is true, as I don't believe in the existence of a creator.

But in another context, I agree that what I believe doesn't mean that I know truth, so its possible that a creator does exist, in that context I am an Agnostic.

Prince George, Canada

#522709 Mar 19, 2014
Robert F wrote:
Peace
“Atheism turns out to be too simple. If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning...”
&#8213; C.S. Lewis
Peace
Lewis was religious.

He didn't leave room for doubt.

I am an Atheist and an Agnostic and the universe has a whole lot of meaning to me. I enjoy being a student of all subjects and know that I am a master of none.

Prince George, Canada

#522710 Mar 19, 2014
Robert F wrote:
Peace
Peace
Hell
Hell

Prince George, Canada

#522711 Mar 19, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>+
100% correct June, no true God creates life for the purpose of torturing it for eternity.
The concept is sick.
Yet the delusional bible tells us that most humans suffer such a fate by a wacko god filled with lowly human emotions like anger and jealousy.
You are beyond that June. That's why some posters here call you "evil."
Did you murder anyone June? Probably not.
Have you robbed anyone? Probably not.
Have you molested any children, or covered up such a crime? Probably not.
No June, they call you evil because you don't buy into their absurd immoral god.
YOU ARE "EVIL" BECAUSE YOU EXPOSE THEIR DELUSION.
My God likes you June. Come to the one true, scientifically proven God.
Ramen
If I was a Protestant ... the Protestants would believe I am WISE and SAVED and all things wonderful. But the Catholics would then vilify me as dumb and lost and fodder for hell. And vice versa.

Ain't religion just something else???

It's a pile of steaming manure.

Prince George, Canada

#522712 Mar 19, 2014
I can't state in all honesty that a creator doesn't exist, but I sure believe with every fiber of my being that one doesn't exist.

If it does exist I suggest it ought to shoot itself dead for being the cause of all animal forms of suffering.

Prince George, Canada

#522713 Mar 19, 2014
I agree with Dr. Schweitzer's summation.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Dr. Schweitzer endorsed the summation that “Jesus has been made the receptacle into which every theologian pours his own ideas.”

Prince George, Canada

#522714 Mar 19, 2014
David Kopay was a professional football player in the national football league. From his book,“The David Kopay story”… comes the following …

I asked about my dad’s reaction (making my homosexuality publicly known) and she put him on the phone.“What the hell do you think you’re doing? Who the hell do you think you are? I said,“I know who I am.” He said if I were there he would kill me. He said he never wanted to see me again. I was crying as I hung up the phone.

Prince George, Canada

#522715 Mar 19, 2014
If Jesus actually lived would he have agreed with the mindset of David Kopay's father???

Homophobes would say "YES! because they read it in the Bible that God wants homosexuals put to death."

It's not a bible's fault that humans are idiots!!!

The bible is just an old book with no brains.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#522716 Mar 19, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Lewis was religious.
He didn't leave room for doubt.
I am an Atheist and an Agnostic and the universe has a whole lot of meaning to me. I enjoy being a student of all subjects and know that I am a master of none.
June

Peace

For some doubt is not a requirement of a deeper commitment to faith, but for others, such as the disciple of Jesus, Thomas, his doubt led him to a deeper faith....And made him famous for it(smiles)

Peace
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#522717 Mar 19, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Peace
For some doubt is not a requirement of a deeper commitment to faith, but for others, such as the disciple of Jesus, Thomas, his doubt led him to a deeper faith....And made him famous for it(smiles)
Peace
If Jesus appeared before Paul and Thomas (et al) so they might believe, why did Jesus stop appearing?

Today as humans, we have even more reason than Paul or Thomas to doubt. because we have so much more information.

Instead of staying hidden, perhaps Jesus should give modern humans the same reasons to believe as he4 did for Paul and Tom.

That would be the fair thing to do. Speaking of fair, why not a Chinese Jesus and a Indian Jesus too?

There is so much a true God could to to help us believe, unless the god thing is just a delusion.

Ramen

Prince George, Canada

#522718 Mar 19, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Peace
Peace
Robert
Hell
Hell

{{{smiles}}}

Prince George, Canada

#522719 Mar 19, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
If Jesus appeared before Paul and Thomas (et al) so they might believe, why did Jesus stop appearing?
Today as humans, we have even more reason than Paul or Thomas to doubt. because we have so much more information.
Instead of staying hidden, perhaps Jesus should give modern humans the same reasons to believe as he4 did for Paul and Tom.
That would be the fair thing to do. Speaking of fair, why not a Chinese Jesus and a Indian Jesus too?
There is so much a true God could to to help us believe, unless the god thing is just a delusion.
Ramen
Except in the minds of the illusionists, myths can't appear.

Did the same Jesus appear in Martin Luther's mind when he was a Catholic as when he was Protestant???

They don't think on these issues, as they are too busy entertaining their own grandiose illusions of salvation.

Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#522720 Mar 19, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If I was a Protestant ... the Protestants would believe I am WISE and SAVED and all things wonderful. But the Catholics would then vilify me as dumb and lost and fodder for hell. And vice versa.
Ain't religion just something else???
It's a pile of steaming manure.
True.

Believe as they do, or you are "evil."

A few hundred years ago, they would kill you for that.

They are no more moral today than their predecessors. The only difference are secular laws that today protect you from these "moral" ones.

All because you expose their delusion.

Come to the lite June.

Ramen

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Buck Crick 837,085
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 min Black-Widow 176,769
REAL Contemporary Instrumental Music!! 12 min Doctor REALITY 35
Who will be in the NBA Finals?? 16 min Kid_Tomorrow 5
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 22 min lovewithin 40,450
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 28 min raj 82
Bridge-of-Love - Russian Dating 37 min Josephine 1
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr 9inchstud 4,087
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Aura Mytha 271,266
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 12 hr The swamiji 7,155
More from around the web