Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 599386 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#522664 Mar 19, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a Dutch name.
And yes, I believe since Christianity began there have been many holocausts against the Jews by the Christians.
“I am now as before a Catholic and will always remain so”
[Adolph Hitler, to Gen. Gerhard Engel, 1941]
LOL!

June - we're all privy to view the life and teachings of Christ and see what the general will of God looks like Incarnate.

did Jesus launch a holocaust on anyone or did He in fact "go about from town to town healing the sick and delivering all who were oppressed with devils"?

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#522665 Mar 19, 2014
It seems it is always man’s proclivity to define the outsider, the stranger, the one who differs from him, as the evil one, and himself on the side of the angels.

Author unknown.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#522666 Mar 19, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Catholic ... "Jesus is on my side."
Protestant ... "NO HE IS NOT! He is on my side."
And so the self-perceived righteous ones keep on and on and on ... praising their own supposed truth, and belittling others as being preachers of the devil's lies.
If truth exists it might be hiding out of harm's way.
Again ... what part of that innate human behavior STILL surprises you dear?
Maybe "He" is on both "sides", and neither "side"wishes to admit it.

Do you sometimes wish as Ingrid Newkirk does? That it would be better for an empty space to be where she is, then for her to have been born into all this suffering?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#522667 Mar 19, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone's going to die somehow, right? Might as well be from a deadly snake bite. It's probably not anymore painful than any other violent or prolonged death.
The verse these folks chose for their new religion actually reads like this:
[Jesus said to the apostles]
"18 They shall take up serpents; and if they shall drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them: they shall lay their hands upon the sick, and they shall recover."
He didn't actually say the snake would not bite them, did He?
No he did not.
What was meant is that they would have the knowledge and ability(magic) to withstand the toxic invasion. The formula(s) are in the pyramid texts.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#522668 Mar 19, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.....Does it look like rain?
.....I suggest you start building an ark.......just for insurance purposes.
the warning to the last generation is not about rain & flooding, but i do have my hypothetical ark in place - thank you very much!:-)

Prince George, Canada

#522669 Mar 19, 2014
Preacher of religion ... "I can't know what God wills for you, but I know that if you don't believe the truth that I preach, nothing good will come to you either now or in the hereafter."

"But if you don't know what God wills for me ... how can you know that what he wills for me will be bad."

Preacher ... "I read it in my Holy Book."

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#522670 Mar 19, 2014
People always try to use the situation with the "thief on the cross" to try and justify/prove that baptism isn't necessary.

Satan has planted these lies in the minds of men for centuries.....

Do you not believe that Jesus could forgive sins of men while He was on this earth???

Had Jesus' blood been shed yet to be baptized into the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus???

Lots for you to learn, my friend...

~~~

Jesus defined water Baptism as, necessary to "fulfil all righteousness."

Baptism...defined
to make whelmed (that is, fully wet); used only (in the New Testament) of ceremonial ablution, especially (technically) of the ordinance of Christian baptism:- baptist, baptize, wash.

ablution (ceremonially or Christian):- baptism, washing.

Mat 3:13 Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him.

Mat 3:14 But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?

Mat 3:15 And Jesus answering said unto him,

--> Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him. <--

Mat 3:16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

Mat 3:17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

The ablution is from the inside out...The washing of the heart...by the blood of Jesus comes first

First the heart ...regeneration.. then the body..water..baptism.

Tit_3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us,

by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#522671 Mar 19, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
It has nothing to do with if you are Catholic or not, and I could not care less sir.
Does not the Scripture also say that "All have sinned and come short of the glory of God"?
AGAIN ... ALL means all.
All is all.....yes......

So what sin/sins has an infant/baby committed???

Can an infant/baby be called by the Gospel of Jesus???

Can an infant/baby believe in Jesus Christ???

Can an infant/baby understand what it means to be baptized into the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ???

Can an infant/baby confess???

More importantly, does an infant/baby have to REPENT of their sins???

Location hidden

#522672 Mar 19, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have to ask, then you missed the point of my post.
June VanDerMark wrote:
If I am a preacher of evil revelations then why do I wish all others nothing but the best life has to offer in this life and if there happens to be a next life ... the same?
It is those in religion that preach that eternal bliss is for their selves and eternal suffering is for others.
Point? WHAT point?
You skip from one premise to another in mid sentence.
If your belief, stance, and argument is; "There is no God." , then that's it. Period.
You can not come back in mid sentence and say "and if there happens to be a next life ". It defeats your own "point" such as it is.

AND, here> " I wish all others nothing but the best life has to offer in this life " is one of the biggest lines of crap you have posted. That's bullsh!t and you know it too.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#522673 Mar 19, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
It has nothing to do with if you are Catholic or not, and I could not care less sir.
Does not the Scripture also say that "All have sinned and come short of the glory of God"?
AGAIN ... ALL means all.
Again, what is the purpose of baptism???
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#522674 Mar 19, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You see the devil in other preachers and are certain that you see Jesus leading you in your universal truth.
Your illusions are fun for you ... but not applicable to common sense.
Huh.....

I see the false teachings in other preachers......

If you knew the Word of God, you would be able to see it too......
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#522675 Mar 19, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
People always try to use the situation with the "thief on the cross" to try and justify/prove that baptism isn't necessary.
Do you not believe that Jesus could forgive sins of men while He was on this earth???
Had Jesus' blood been shed yet to be baptized into the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus???
Lots for you to learn, my friend...
~~~
Jesus defined water Baptism as, necessary to "fulfil all righteousness."
Baptism...defined
to make whelmed (that is, fully wet); used only (in the New Testament) of ceremonial ablution, especially (technically) of the ordinance of Christian baptism:- baptist, baptize, wash.
ablution (ceremonially or Christian):- baptism, washing.
Mat 3:13 Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him.
Mat 3:14 But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?
Mat 3:15 And Jesus answering said unto him,
--> Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him. <--
Mat 3:16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
Mat 3:17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
The ablution is from the inside out...The washing of the heart...by the blood of Jesus comes first
First the heart ...regeneration.. then the body..water..baptism.
Tit_3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us,
by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
Hello GIF,

The whole WASHING is from the inside......

and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—NOT the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God.

Clear conscience toward God...

Location hidden

#522676 Mar 19, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, what is the purpose of baptism???
A symbolic show of belief.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#522677 Mar 19, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a lot more to being baptized.....

After the death of Christ and the establishment of His church, all men became subject to the terms of the Great Commission.

The "thief on the cross" was NOT under the terms of the Great Commission.

Location hidden

#522678 Mar 19, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
he, hank, is a campbellite and has been programmed not to accept that as being factual. if or when he gets Saved, he will know better then

Location hidden

#522679 Mar 19, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh.....
I see the false teachings in other preachers......
If you knew the Word of God, you would be able to see it too......
back at you. it you KNEW Him, you would be able to see it too.

as it is, you are nothing but a programmed robotic shell

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#522680 Mar 19, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Again..nothing else,in the scripture points,to any sort of this,thing Imputed to Jesus...at all.
Had He such activity no Jew would have ever followed Him believing Him a Mesiah .what better way to turn off people than to write this slander about a,great miracle ...especially the,Jews,who were being baptized..
As for His death it was foretold and meant to happen .why He came to begin with ...along with His,Word ..
The temple authorities also went after the healed blind man..of course they'd want Lazarus back in the ground.
Let's face for them a Messiah who did NOT cozy up to them would put them out of business.
As,for the Romans...here is a,man who has,the ability to feed thousands,(an army??) And can heal injuries and as a,last straw,raise the dead ...I'm sure the high priest used these,events,as a last straw,to influence Pilate with a,threat to report to Caesar on Jesus's actions .
Well, yes there is. You don't remember the "disciple whom Jesus loved" of John?

Closing your eyes won't change the facts.

Now, as to your point regarding acceptance of the relationship.

We are dealing with a story written outside Palestine by a gentile or Hellenized Jew, not John Mark, son of Mary of Jerusalem.

The text was written anonymously and only later falsely ascribed to that individual.

A Jew from 1st century Palestine is unlikely to have written a text that got the Jewish culture and Palestinian geography wrong.

Jews in the 1st century didn't accepted homosexuality.

True.

But Mark probably wasn't written by a Jew and wasn't an accurate history of Jesus regardless,

It was merely what the author *wanted* Jesus to be.

And pederasty was common practice in most parts of the Roman empire.

The author of pre-canonical Mark was merely plying his culture to the historical Jesus.

Did Jesus actually engage in such behavior?

I would not rely on any version of Mark to answer that question.

Prince George, Canada

#522681 Mar 19, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
So? You got a problem with me keeping my own personal beliefs to myself?
Only if you keep "hinting" that you have contacts, as though your contacts are feeding you knowledge.

Prince George, Canada

#522682 Mar 19, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, yes there is. You don't remember the "disciple whom Jesus loved" of John?
Had you placed faith in the religion of the ancient Egyptians ... your own religious dogmas would be of no importance to you whatsoever.

It's all a matter of WHAT people believe is truth ... not that they own truth.

Prince George, Canada

#522683 Mar 19, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
Is that why you preach that Jesus agrees that homosexuals are perverts and Catholics are all liars.

Is THAT Satan planting lies in your OWN mind???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min It aint necessari... 863,857
The Christian Atheist debate 4 min Critical Eye 1,927
Black people are more evolved then white people? (May '13) 6 min Johnny 119
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 28 min Classic 2,769
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Charlie Sheen 272,402
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Rider on the Storm 177,608
Looking for lawsuits in Michigan against DHS/CP... (Jul '11) 1 hr Auntiestephanie1979 98
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 5 hr RiccardoFire 6,365
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 hr Great Day of Arma... 612,891
More from around the web