Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 673352 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#522979 Mar 20, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
And when you thought you found "truth" it was but merely your own revelation/revolt against those who brought you up, and what you consider to be lies. That's cool, except it is obvious that you STOPPED searching yourself at that poiunt and settled in to just bash others for not being as "free minded" as you.
Where is your forward direction dear? Where is your search? What happened to it? Do you think that it is cool and OK to just sit back on your laurels now, when there is a multitude of "truths" out there to yet discover for yourself? Get off your pulpit and get to personally reducing the suffering that you say pisses you off so much dear. Get busy correcting what you perceive to be an injustice to mankind.
If there is no God, then this suffering is the fault and the doing of mankind itself. Stop blaming your non-existant God for it. Get off your a$$ and do something POSITIVE about it.
Greetings Aquarius WY

Peace

There is only so much one can do in a day.

I am at a time in my life, where little physically can be done. But when I can, I do.... So I try to improve myself internally and externally in seeking virtues, such as you mention(justice). I think when younger, one doesn't have much time, rushing about making a living for the family.

I don't think I bash others. But if it seems so, then my apologies....

I think your right, that suffering is the fault of the individual and humanity in its parts, and as a whole....

Peace

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#522980 Mar 20, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, I agree. But that doesn't approach the hard part.
Why is such prejudice literally written into the Bible in the first place?
God knows how mankind is hardwired, supposedly anyhow. Why LEAD MAN to the prejudice in the first place with literal wording? Why not plainly reject with literal wording?
The hard part is overcoming so many absurdities to reach the so-called truth. This was but one example. It does take much faith.
Maybe there's another way, but you need to overcome the Primacy Effect, which is very difficult for our hard-wired brains.
Ramen
The fact is, that no religion can escape the idea that if a creator exists that the creator with full awareness and intention created all forms of life to suffer.

In my opinion, that is why I will not believe that the universe was created.

For allowing suffering, the creator should have to lock itself in a dungeon and suffer for eternity ... as do many of its supposed "subjects."

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#522981 Mar 20, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
No! A Christian would not use the avatar Aquarius. It's too new age.
If you say so June.
<rolls eyes>
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#522982 Mar 20, 2014
OldJG wrote:
The Roman Catholic Church teaches the following about Mary:
1. Immaculate conception: She was conceived without original sin
2. She is all holy and lived a sinless life
3. She was perpetual virgin
4. She is the mother of God
5. She is the mother of the church
6. Assumption: She was taken directly to heaven after her death
7. She, with Jesus, is a co-mediator
8. She is the queen of heaven
9. She redeemed the human race with Jesus
According to the "Bible" are these statements about Mary correct?
<quoted text>
Your pitiful Romans are so predictable. When confronted with the truth you scream and cry like a first grader. Just admit it. You have no "Biblical" response to the lies the Roman Catholic church has been spewing about Mary.
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you're the one being confronted with Biblical truth. That is, Jesus and his apostles started a Church, which the Bible says. is the pillar and foundation of truth.
All those things above are Biblical, and we certainly don't need to apologize to you if it doesn't fit your criteria. You could better understand Marian doctrine if you'd admit that she is the Holy ark that brought the word of God made flesh, Jesus Christ, into this world. That's obviously Biblical. it goes without saying: if the first ark that brought the Word of God in tablets was that holy, how much more holier would your so-called "vessel" be that brought the Word of God Himself??
And would a devout Jew "get naked" (as you pathetically implied last week) with the Holy Ark? Right, read what happened to a devout Jew who merely LOOKED at the first ark.
Liam the Roman loser said, quote, "No, you're the one being confronted with Biblical truth. That is, Jesus and his apostles started a Church, which the Bible says. is the pillar and foundation of truth." End quote.

You are TRULY stupid. The church is the body of believers in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. Jesus did not create a "church" denomination. If he did, show the name of this church denomination in the Bible. The body of believers known as the church represents the pillar and foundation of truth of which you speak. Not a denomination but living stones. I Peter 2:5, "And you are living stones that God is building into his spiritual temple. What’s more, you are his holy priests.Through the mediation of Jesus Christ, you offer spiritual sacrifices that please God."

Liam the Roman loser said, quote, "All those things above are Biblical, and we certainly don't need to apologize to you if it doesn't fit your criteria. You could better understand Marian doctrine if you'd admit that she is the Holy ark that brought the word of God made flesh, Jesus Christ, into this world." End quote.

None of the items listed above are Biblical. NONE. If they are Biblical provide proof from the very Bible you suggest contains such bologna.

Liam, face it, Mary got naked with Joseph, had sex with him and their union produced the brothers and sisters of Jesus. There is no shame or dirty issue with sex in marriage. Joseph consummated his marriage to Mary just as your parents consummated their marriage.

Liam the Roman loser said, quote, "And would a devout Jew "get naked" (as you pathetically implied last week) with the Holy Ark? Right, read what happened to a devout Jew who merely LOOKED at the first ark." End quote.

Devout Jew? You told us Mary was a Roman Catholic. Also, yes, Mary had sex with her husband. She is not a "holy" anything. She is a sinner saved by grace. In fact Mary's maternal expertise can be brought into question. How many mothers leave their 12 year old son behind in a temple full of strangers and doesn't realize he is gone until three days later. If you do not believe me read Luke 2:41-52. Do you have a Bible?

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#522983 Mar 20, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think I bash others.
Really Robert. Are you serious???

You put your complete faith in the existence of a god that will according to Christianity reject most of his own human creation to hell. And you don't believe that by entertaining that belief as truth that you bash others???

I disagree.

To not bash others with your religion would mean that you would believe everybody will be in heaven as equal partners in eternal bliss ... along with you.

Location hidden

#522984 Mar 20, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It's common sense that I would ask Christians about why they believe in a certain Christian theology.
I would ask you why you believe you have "connections" ... but you also ignore my questions.
However a public forum is for anyone, so I will ask YOU ... "if you were a Christian" why would you believe that Jesus the Jewish Rabbi would switch religions and abandon his faithful Jews in the process???
We all have "connections" dear. You make a big deal out of nothing unusual maam.
I find it interesting and hilarious that you assumed that to mean "unnatural" connections.
I answer your questions dear. You are getting different answers from them of latetho , and it is frying your main frame dear. You have not thought this through ... yet.

If the evidence indicates that He did in fact "switch" allegences, it makes no difference if one looks at it from any brand of "religous" eyes dear. If it happened, it happened. If one is a true truth seeker, one must, by neccessity, abandon their preconceived ideas when new information .... or another truth ... comes along June.

You are not seeking real truth ... yet ... dear. You are rehashing old wounds and continuing to beat a dead horse that will not rise again. You will continue to flail at that corpse until such time as you have exhausted all your anger and hatred of those who "raised" you.
Maybe then ...
Liam

Aurora, CO

#522985 Mar 20, 2014
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
The Roman Catholic Church teaches the following about Mary:
1. Immaculate conception: She was conceived without original sin
2. She is all holy and lived a sinless life
3. She was perpetual virgin
4. She is the mother of God
5. She is the mother of the church
6. Assumption: She was taken directly to heaven after her death
7. She, with Jesus, is a co-mediator
8. She is the queen of heaven
9. She redeemed the human race with Jesus
According to the "Bible" are these statements about Mary correct?
<quoted text>
Your pitiful Romans are so predictable. When confronted with the truth you scream and cry like a first grader. Just admit it. You have no "Biblical" response to the lies the Roman Catholic church has been spewing about Mary.
<quoted text>
Liam the Roman loser said, quote, "No, you're the one being confronted with Biblical truth. That is, Jesus and his apostles started a Church, which the Bible says. is the pillar and foundation of truth." End quote.
You are TRULY stupid. The church is the body of believers in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. Jesus did not create a "church" denomination. If he did, show the name of this church denomination in the Bible. The body of believers known as the church represents the pillar and foundation of truth of which you speak. Not a denomination but living stones. I Peter 2:5, "And you are living stones that God is building into his spiritual temple. What’s more, you are his holy priests.Through the mediation of Jesus Christ, you offer spiritual sacrifices that please God."
Liam the Roman loser said, quote, "All those things above are Biblical, and we certainly don't need to apologize to you if it doesn't fit your criteria. You could better understand Marian doctrine if you'd admit that she is the Holy ark that brought the word of God made flesh, Jesus Christ, into this world." End quote.
None of the items listed above are Biblical. NONE. If they are Biblical provide proof from the very Bible you suggest contains such bologna.
Liam, face it, Mary got naked with Joseph, had sex with him and their union produced the brothers and sisters of Jesus. There is no shame or dirty issue with sex in marriage. Joseph consummated his marriage to Mary just as your parents consummated their marriage.
Liam the Roman loser said, quote, "And would a devout Jew "get naked" (as you pathetically implied last week) with the Holy Ark? Right, read what happened to a devout Jew who merely LOOKED at the first ark." End quote.
Devout Jew? You told us Mary was a Roman Catholic. Also, yes, Mary had sex with her husband. She is not a "holy" anything. She is a sinner saved by grace. In fact Mary's maternal expertise can be brought into question. How many mothers leave their 12 year old son behind in a temple full of strangers and doesn't realize he is gone until three days later. If you do not believe me read Luke 2:41-52. Do you have a Bible?
I'm not going to bother responding to this. I don't have to. All one needs to do is read the writings of this "self ordained, Bible worshiping, Mary- hating, arrogant fanatic" to see what you are. You're a complete idiot, man.
Other than that, have a nice day.

Location hidden

#522986 Mar 20, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
the creator with full awareness and intention created all forms of life to suffer.
."
There ya go again June.
ASSUMING that to be the case.

Who are YOU to say that is what happened and that it was by design?
Times change dear. Perhaps originally all living things existed independently from all other life forms and they had no need for physical sustinence. Perhaps life entities sustained themselves by simply breathing in elements from the atmosphgere and a meteor strike ended that scenario.
Perhaps this is hell itself eh? Surely YOU ... MUST ... have thought about that possibility a time or two during your journey here eh June?

Were you a bad girl in your prior life?
<wink>

Location hidden

#522987 Mar 20, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Joel Osteen is also a wealth preacher who preaches in mega-churches telling the people what they want to hear.
Comments from his admirers.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
I like Joel Osteen. He rakes in the dough without preaching hate. Better than raking in the dough with vitriol, as some of them do.
Joel Osteen has helped me a lot. He has helped me to understand a lot of things about God, and has made my relationship with God stronger. I think that whatever he says about homosexuality people will judge it one way or another. I’m glad that Joel stands for what he believes. We are all one, we don;t discrimate anybody.
http://www.edgeboston.com/news/religion/News/...
Joel Osteen is Barnum and Bailey, Og Mandino, and Norman Vincent Peale all wrapped up in a preacher's suit.
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#522988 Mar 20, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I was speaking of the verses you had quoted...whatever you call them..they are nonsense,,.
More looking back with modern eyes..
Men have loved men as brothers since time began...women loved other women as,sisters...
Everything is,not gay...
Now,we think oh gay...nonsense.....And you know,exactly what I meant . Don't care,what you call it....Mark is cannon..scripture..
That other one is,nonsense
Used to be it was,Mary Magdalene..now,the libs,want us,to think gay from phony scripture ...
Like what Tony is,saying about David...
Anything to blur or discredit God .....and His Word....
Nonsense ...enjoy your day as,I've said what I meant and done on it ......
The issue here is that you want to believe it is not so. But wanting that does nothing to change what is -- your canon likely derives directly from Secret Mark, and wisps of the young man's story still remains therein, with the naked man fleeing Jesus' arrest and the young man found in the tomb in Mark 16.

And this story like influenced the Beloved Disciple's story in John and clearly the Lazarus story there.

Now, since I am neither liberal nor gay, I have no agenda in that regard. And the view of the Beloved Disciple's story as a homoerotic one has a long history dating back as far at least King James in the 1600's, the man behind the KJV. It is hardly anything new.

And no, the BD cannot legitimately be considered Mary, since the original Greek uses masculine language for him.

The story may be nonsense, but it is the nonsense that is the foundation of your 4 gospels.

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#522989 Mar 20, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't stop being silly, I'm going to start ignoring you.
I was wondering upon a way for you not to respond to me....I guess being silly will do it!

:o)

Albuquerque, NM

#522990 Mar 20, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
It's a good thing I don't believe in the existence of a god, or I would be very angry at the god for allowing such unnecessary suffering, while doing nothing to stop it.
You've brought up one of the few choices that would prove there is a so-called "Christian God" that could help.

Unfortunately and IMO - "God" doesn't have any control over this world, so you are correct in your belief.

Do you believe that some god exists after you die?
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#522991 Mar 20, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
When did Mary become sinless? That is a relatively new concept. The Bible rarely mentions her after Jesus' birth. The first Church Creed didn't even mention Mary..The Bible says all men sin.
Now the CC tells you to believe that Mary was sinless and went to Heaven in bodily form.
The only question now is this:
IN WHAT WAY IS MARY NOT A GODDESS?
It's all a delusion, but the Mary thing went WAY over the top IMHO.
Ramen
Mary is no divine, she's human, therefor she is not a goddess. We have great respect and love for her because through her came Our Lord and Savior. No one was more obedient to God nor does anyone else enjoy the unique relationship she has with Jesus. She is our spiritual mother.

Albuquerque, NM

#522992 Mar 20, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
I take good care of my soul.
No you aren't, especially if you are only believing in a portion of what Jesus taught.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#522994 Mar 20, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
Have you Christians ever read 1st Samuel 20:30? Saul,Jonathans fatherl was lambasting him for the relationship he had with David so he called him the son of a perverse and rebellious woman. Read the verse. I dare you. Saul was indicating clearly that David and Jonathan was having a gay relationship.
And so?

Albuquerque, NM

#522995 Mar 20, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
However a public forum is for anyone, so I will ask YOU ... "if you were a Christian" why would you believe that Jesus the Jewish Rabbi would switch religions and abandon his faithful Jews in the process???
False conclusion.

Jesus didn't reject Judaism - he expanded upon it.

Jesus isn't a "Christian" - there is no such thing. Jesus just wanted people to listen to him about the spiritual world and what we should do in this world to prepare for it.

As many of us posters can tell, your knowledge of religion is in err and it appears you place alot of your own views within the religion you believe.

Odd.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#522996 Mar 20, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Idol:
An image used as an object of worship. One that is adored, often blindly or excessively.
I have posted info showing your pope kneeling and praying before an idol...I think I still have it...do you want to see it???
And...I may still have a video with audio, showing catliks praying before a idol...do you want to see it???
Idol: Oxbow's ego

"Oxbow worships his idol blindly and excessively."
doug

Grootfontein, Namibia

#522997 Mar 20, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
We all have "connections" dear. You make a big deal out of nothing unusual maam.
I find it interesting and hilarious that you assumed that to mean "unnatural" connections.
I answer your questions dear. You are getting different answers from them of latetho , and it is frying your main frame dear. You have not thought this through ... yet.
If the evidence indicates that He did in fact "switch" allegences, it makes no difference if one looks at it from any brand of "religous" eyes dear. If it happened, it happened. If one is a true truth seeker, one must, by neccessity, abandon their preconceived ideas when new information .... or another truth ... comes along June.
You are not seeking real truth ... yet ... dear. You are rehashing old wounds and continuing to beat a dead horse that will not rise again. You will continue to flail at that corpse until such time as you have exhausted all your anger and hatred of those who "raised" you.
Maybe then ...
The assumption of Mary...yes whether they mutter or peep, the whole world being in total and utter darkness, void of the truth: assumes everything Rome/ vatican/ pope teaches to be infallible truth" including all the protest-ants.. for none red the scriptures for themselves but put their eternal lives in the hands of luciferean satanist who worships a dead woman .wake up my friends see also www.vaticandesignexposed.com
doug

Grootfontein, Namibia

#522998 Mar 20, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Idol: Oxbow's ego
"Oxbow worships his idol blindly and excessively."
see www. vaticandesignexposed.com
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#522999 Mar 20, 2014
doug wrote:
<quoted text>
see www. vaticandesignexposed.com
And who is "John Daniel"?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 8 min Clearwater 104,781
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 23 min Clearwater 981,356
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr ChromiuMan 6,190
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 184,626
Well.......now I KNOW I won't buy with Amazon.com 3 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Orlando Hair MD (Nov '13) 5 hr Garry K 7
crooks frauds predators 10 hr Jedimaster of All 2
More from around the web