Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 678601 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#522944 Mar 20, 2014
Again I will emphasize ... If the Christians believed that Jesus had stayed faithful to Judaism ... they would have no use for his image whatsoever ... and that, in turn would be the end of the Christian religion.

That is WHY not one you will answer my question.

Do you believe that had Jesus lived, he would have abandoned the faithful Jews to "follow" a religion that was totally foreign to Judaism???

You KNOW that he wouldn't have abandoned the Jews. He would have wanted to correct them from scattering into breakaway sects such as Gnostic Christianity and Catholicism and Islam and Protestantism.

THAT makes sense.

He would have TRULY wanted them to follow him ... not pretend that he was following them.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#522945 Mar 20, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Every time I've asked Christians on this forum if they believe that "within the theology" that Jesus would have abandoned the Jews to preach a new religion totally foreign to Judaism ... not one of you has answered my question.
And you KNOW why you won't address that issue ... liars!
You know full well that the theology makes no sense whatsoever.
A Jewish rabbi would try to correct the Jews to stay faithful to Judaism.
How long will you lie to your selves???
How long???
That question is not worth an answer as it is pure conjecture on your part and this "woulda, coulda, shoulda, BS, is, well, just plain ole BS maam. None of it has anything to do with reality as we know it.
You lay the inconsequential, irrelevant, and hypothetical sins of certain individuals at the feet of other unrelated individuals maam.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#522946 Mar 20, 2014
Had people asked the pertinent question of Martin Luther they would not have followed him.

They would have said ... "Just a minute now. He said he was following Jesus' will when he was Catholic. How can he be now following Jesus' will when he's a Protestant who believes totally different than the Catholics?"

But because they didn't ask the pertinent question, they followed.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#522947 Mar 20, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Hello me how are you?
I keep telling you ..I'm him..you're me Nick is,my grandpa..or else wait...I'm my grandpa and you..or thunder ...

Hmm nap time,

Dawson Creek, Canada

#522948 Mar 20, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
That question is not worth an answer as it is pure conjecture on your part and this "woulda, coulda, shoulda, BS, is, well, just plain ole BS maam. None of it has anything to do with reality as we know it.
You lay the inconsequential, irrelevant, and hypothetical sins of certain individuals at the feet of other unrelated individuals maam.
UH HUH!!!

How is your Aquarian theology coming along?

Location hidden

#522949 Mar 20, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know what the Great Commission is, my friend?
Do you know what a disciple of Christ is?
Do you understand that we are supposed to be concerned for other people's souls?
Do you suppose that we are to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with others?
The gospel is not the product of the mind of man but comes to us from heaven.
You waste your condesention ^there^ sir.
I have no interest in your version of the way things are. Thanks just the same.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#522950 Mar 20, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
The Aquarian Theosophist

https://www.google.ca/#q=Aquarian+theosophist

Dawson Creek, Canada

#522951 Mar 20, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not an atheist dear. There are no true atheists.
Then you should remove the word from the dictionary.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

a·the·ist

/&#712;&#257;TH&#2 75;&#716;ist/

noun

noun: atheist; plural noun: atheists

a person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods.
"he is a committed atheist"

https://www.google.ca/#q=atheist+definition

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#522952 Mar 20, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
Have you Christians ever read 1st Samuel 20:30? Saul,Jonathans fatherl was lambasting him for the relationship he had with David so he called him the son of a perverse and rebellious woman. Read the verse. I dare you. Saul was indicating clearly that David and Jonathan was having a gay relationship.
Oh good grief...you are looking at things through this centuries,glasses..

Calling this baby's,mother perverse,has,Nothing To do with being gay. He was mad in the first place .....paranoid ...

Saul was paranoid about David and did NOT want his,son..whom he KNEW God had replaced as,his,heir t o be friends,with NOR acknowledge David.

Used to be men and women could be said to love each other without the Gay appellation rearing it's,head....TODAY everything is,looked at differently..

Location hidden

#522953 Mar 20, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
That is WHY not one you will answer my question.
Oh horsesh!t June !!!
Your question is irrelevant, hypothetical, and just plain ole non-essentially stupid.
It has been answered already maam.
What you meant to say ^there^ is that no one will answer it the way you wish so you can complete your strawman sermon dear.
Sorry. Try asking pertinent and relevant questions that look ahead and not back June.
What is done is done. Get over it. Improvise, adapt, overcome dear. It is your only hope to retain sanity.

Location hidden

#522954 Mar 20, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The Aquarian Theosophist
https://www.google.ca/#q=Aquarian+theosophist
Oh for cripe's sake June. It is just a screen name.
I am enjoying watching your skin crawl because you think it means more than it does and is tho. Keep groveling for answers that will not come dear. It is just a screen name.
It means no more than the name "June" dear.
June? Is that because you were born in that month, or that you were born in September but June is your momma's favorite month?
<rolls eyes>

Dawson Creek, Canada

#522955 Mar 20, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
That question is not worth an answer
The question was not asked of you. It was asked of Christians and has been asked many times before ... with not even one of them addressing the issue.

That means they have something to hide, and I suggest that it is, they know full well that a Jewish rabbi would NEVER abandon the faithful Jews that he thought depended on him for a source of pure undefiled truth from Olam Haba.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#522956 Mar 20, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
http://www.bing.com/search?q=M alik+Obama+is+the+executive+se cretary+of+the+Islamic+Da%E2%8 0%99wa+Organization%2C+or+IDO% 2C&form=IE10TR&src=IE1 0TR&pc=HPDTDFJS
If true..not a,shock really.
And
That Lerner woman was,NOT acting on her own thoughts in anything she has done ..that's why she won't talk..

I understand Nixon also tried to use the tax folks,for his purposes....

I guess this,IS a new century ...I wish we had Reagan back ...no Egypt or Syrian nonsense nor Russian.

We should reread Ezekiel 38 39 I think..

Location hidden

#522957 Mar 20, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you should remove the word from the dictionary.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
a·the·ist
/&#712;&#257;TH&#2 75;&#716;ist/
noun
noun: atheist; plural noun: atheists
a person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods.
"he is a committed atheist"
https://www.google.ca/#q=atheist+definition
So? The word exists. What the word supposedly describes, is a thing that no one human can live up to. No human knows their beginning as a species. No one !!
Since no one knows where they came from, no one can say that they just happened by accident and a few fortunate mutations over time. That being said, no "athiest" is capable of proving their position. The position of an athiest is illogical and unreasonable simply because there is absolutely no way to prove it true. no way.
It is far more logical and reasonable to say and believe that the possibility exists, no matter what the "possibility" in question.
Only positions with the possibility that they can be proven true and correct ... are in reality ... successfully defendable positions.
There are no true athiests dear. You are at best an agnostic.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#522958 Mar 20, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
TODAY everything is,looked at differently..
If issues concerning homosexuality are looked at differently today by many in the clergy ... does that mean to you that the biblical verse of putting homosexuals to death was based on a lie???

GEE ... DO YOU THINK???

People in this country are also no longer put to death for committing adultery.

The bible is not a book with which humans should PLAY.

Location hidden

#522959 Mar 20, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The question was not asked of you. It was asked of Christians and has been asked many times before ... with not even one of them addressing the issue.
That means they have something to hide, and I suggest that it is, they know full well that a Jewish rabbi would NEVER abandon the faithful Jews that he thought depended on him for a source of pure undefiled truth from Olam Haba.
What you think would or should happen is pure conjecture on your part and a waste of everyone's time.
So, I am not a Christian eh?
No one cares "who" you asked dear. We are all "equal". Remember your sermon concerning how to treat Tony?
<rolls eyes>

Dawson Creek, Canada

#522960 Mar 20, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh for cripe's sake June. It is just a screen name.
You don't believe what I post, and I don't believe what you post.

The avatar Aquarius linked to your haughty attitude of supposed knowledge bespeaks of a preacher of astrology of some sort or other.

And the idea that you have "connections" indicates that you are hiding your knowledge from us maybe in Virgo ... the virgin.

:)

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#522961 Mar 20, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. And it has always been so.
I believe to codify such prejudice and hypocrisy in the guise of religion takes it to its highest and most evil form.
Am I wrong?
Gods R Delusions

I think people read into religion what they understand. That is, people come to religion with their own prejudices. And if they see codification of prejudice in a text, then it is because they wanted to see it in the a priori....People see what they want to see. Making them see something else is a product of education, only if they are seek.

What is curious is that so many people don't seek. Don't you think?

Dawson Creek, Canada

#522962 Mar 20, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
We should reread Ezekiel 38 39 I think..
You DO that and maybe you will see even more evil in others and more holiness in you.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#522963 Mar 20, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I was drawing focus away from the title of our two churches and pointing to the similarities of the teachings. The Mass and Sacraments came from the Apostles, right?
Why do people pretend the Roman government infiltrated Christ's Church when clearly the evidence shows the teachings in place before Constantine?. The Empire was killing Christians for believing as you, Nick and I do. Almost 300 yrs the Church in Rome and Constantinople was brutally persecuted! What an inexcusable dishonor to the martyrs, who died bringing "the Bible" to Oldjg and others. These fundamentals undid everything the Martyrs
died for.
As time went on especially after the Schism the western church with their innovations moved further and further away from the Martyrs pure message.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 31 min Aerobatty 118,567
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 34 min RiversideRedneck 2,134
News Bill to loosen financial rules would save $24 b... 38 min UidiotRaceUMAKEWO... 2
News Trump budget promises balance in decade, relies... 44 min UidiotRaceUMAKEWO... 4
News An ambitious ruler defeated by his own hubris: ... 46 min UidiotRaceUMAKEWO... 2
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 58 min New Age Spiritual... 33,210
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr UidiotRaceUMAKEWO... 184,818
More from around the web