Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 667994 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#522879 Mar 20, 2014
I understand why Tony wants to believe that some of the characters in the bible were openly gay.

We all want to feel loved and accepted as normal ... not shunned as vile or evil.

The bible is invariably used to shun others as sinners and create images of self as sin-free and HOLY in the eyes of ... who was that again???... OH YES ... ADONAI ... the god that favors only Jews as his chosen few

Dawson Creek, Canada

#522880 Mar 20, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Tony, Tony, Tony.....
I suggest you stop using your bible to bully Tony for being gay.

Bible-USING is a very bad habit.

Why don't you just come out of your closet and shout ... "'I' HATE FAGS! God has nothing on me when it comes to hatred, as 'I' am the master of hatred."

Dawson Creek, Canada

#522881 Mar 20, 2014
Protestants use words in the KJV to bully Catholics into the idea that the Catholics will not be saved.

And the Catholics use words from the original new testament to bully Protestants into the idea that the Protestants will not be saved.

And they all claim to be following the words of the master of love ... Jesus.

How ludicrous they all are in their halos created out of the fabric of myth.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#522882 Mar 20, 2014
Test o' Fires

by Michael Gibb

Placing Satan in their handbags
they go 'a knocking on doors
where they're least expected
to trade the here-and-now
for everlasting obscurity.

All for a Book filled with the
occult, murderous intentions, and twisted realities
where truth is falsehood and falsehood is gospel
and a simple question
merits the death penalty.

With the pitter-patter of tiny feet
they approach with learned stealth
caring for nothing
but the opium high of testifying.

Overjoyed by rejection
yet bewildered by disbelief
their prayer orgies strafe the ethers
in long arches of arrogance.

"We have the truth!" they proclaim boldly
as legion more proclaim a differing story.
I read their Book filled with
insanity, conflict, and unnumbered depravities
then look into their junkie eyes.

Nothing that I say can appease
the Beast lurking behind the message
with peace on the lips
and dripping evil on the tongue.

Quickly closing the door
on the message of death
disguised in goodness,
a sigh of relief passes my lips.

The wolves of the forest
have been kept at bay
for, at least,
one more day.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#522883 Mar 20, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a lot more to being baptized.....
After the death of Christ and the establishment of His church, all men became subject to the terms of the Great Commission.
The "thief on the cross" was NOT under the terms of the Great Commission.
Oh that's nice too Truth.
You already covered the theif ... twice. I already moved on ... twice.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#522884 Mar 20, 2014
They preach at you that they want you to be saved ... but really that is not their intention.

They want you to believe that you are in deed a vile sinner that needs to repent ... while they have nothing for which they have to repent.

They are not here for your best interests. They are here for their own interests ... PERIOD.

You will know them by the scriptures they use to try to put YOU DOWN and their selves UP.

They don't believe in equality. They believe in salvation for their selves and hell for others.

Don't trust those who preach religion. They are not worth your investment in their words.

Not even close.

Location hidden

#522885 Mar 20, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Only if you keep "hinting" that you have contacts, as though your contacts are feeding you knowledge.
Yeah but who and from where.
<chuckle>
Where do your ideas come from June?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#522886 Mar 20, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
Read verse 30...
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
Even Boo Boo the fool should be able to see what was going on between David and Jonathan
Tony, Tony, Tony.....

You clearly have a misunderstanding as to the relationship between David and Jonathan....

Jonathan gave up his rightful place as a king to David since this is what God had proclaimed.

While King Saul spent his life trying to kill David to keep his throne, Jonathan abdicated his throne to David in love and faith.

And, there were NO sexual relations between David and Jonathan....

Dawson Creek, Canada

#522887 Mar 20, 2014
Tomorrow it will be four years since my beloved sister Josie died and left me broken-hearted to feel as though a big part of my self went missing.

I don't wish to see her again in another supposed dimension ... because I believe she suffered quite enough in this life, and it would be therefore selfish of me to believe she must live for the purpose of my seeing her again.

If I have any free will whatsoever, my wish for her is that she sleeps eternally in peace.

I hope there is no such thing as reincarnation.

Enough suffering already!

Dawson Creek, Canada

#522888 Mar 20, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah but who and from where.
<chuckle>
Where do your ideas come from June?
Maybe from my programmed brain-cells.

If my brain-cells die ... I die.

Whether thought lives on after the death of my physical body ... is not mine to know. My hope is that when my body dies, my thoughts will also be no more ... but I might not get my wish. It remains to be seen ... or not. Either way, I will have to take it as it comes.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#522889 Mar 20, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Well eactly what false teaching would you be referring to that I'm guilty of teaching? I can prove everything I taught FROM THE BIBLE.
Well, for one Tony..........

There was NO sexual relations between David and Jonathan.....

They were NOT in a gay relationship.....

I could go on but it would be a waste of time....

Location hidden

#522890 Mar 20, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It's true. That is why I want people to get out religious cults so they will see each other as equals and not believe others are evil and their selves are sin-free holy servants of god.
Religion teaches people to fight, as is plain by the constant bickering of Catholics and Protestants on this forum.
If you can't see that ... you are blind.
I see fine. I just avoid getting all pissed about it like you do dear. Animals bicker and fight all the time over the littlest and weirdest of things sometimes.

What I DO see is the little old lady that is always there too, sitting in the same place every service, doing what she can to eliminate the suffering. She is quiet and respectful at all times. I see her taking food ... every day ... to the homebound. I see her visiting the sick ones and getting all giddy about the little ones when they come along. I see her always cooking in the cafeteria in the basement every time there is a function. I see her at the funerals of many different people, comforting them and holding them. I see her do this for all people, and not just the ones from her congregation. I see her actually employing the principles of her faith in real life. I have great respect and admiration for her even tho she has never engaged in an in depth conversation about her "God", and most folks miss the fact that she is there, because she is quiet and just keeps on truckin'g on, doing her thing.
All I see from folks like you is their tonsils, as you bitch about what others are doing and avoiding looking in the mirror so you can find the beam in your own eye dear.

You bitch and piss and moan about the bad stuff others do, and stop short of getting your own ass in gear, your big mouth OUT of gear, and your effort and sweat engaged to help ease the suffering that we ALL are enduring maam.

How long you going to rage against the machine before you realize that a comforting word or touch to those who suffer greater than you, goes a hell of a lot further than your lungs can expell hot air June?
Just sayin'.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#522891 Mar 20, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you enjoy the idea that Jesus also looks down his nose at homosexuals, as is the case with YOU???
It's flattering to invest adoration in a savior that belittles the same people as you belittle.
It all has to do with SIN, June....which you refuse to acknowledge....

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#522892 Mar 20, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
If Jesus appeared before Paul and Thomas (et al) so they might believe, why did Jesus stop appearing?
Today as humans, we have even more reason than Paul or Thomas to doubt. because we have so much more information.
Instead of staying hidden, perhaps Jesus should give modern humans the same reasons to believe as he4 did for Paul and Tom.
That would be the fair thing to do. Speaking of fair, why not a Chinese Jesus and a Indian Jesus too?
There is so much a true God could to to help us believe, unless the god thing is just a delusion.
Ramen
Gods R Delusions

Peace

Its a good question, which seems rational....

I can give only what I understand, as an answer, which may not be....

Jesus said that it was better for "us" that he go away. Most agree that the Holy Spirit as Comforter, and Teacher, has been more beneficial to each who believes.

If Jesus has to come every few years to convince people that He is God, then there is no need for faith and hope. Perhaps the need is for greater faith and hope in God, than for some spectacular appearance, by humans. Long term(eternal) needs, I think outweigh in many instances short term. But not always. So exceptions have been made, and generally those who have seen God(Jesus) are for God's particular purpose....

Peace

Dawson Creek, Canada

#522893 Mar 20, 2014
Free will is a myth.

I never asked to either be created by a creator, not did I ask to be born to my parents.

I never asked to have a god create Adam and Eve as my fore-bearing sinners, so that I could be born to suffer judgment from a god for sinning.

I never asked to have men create religion and in turn tell me that I must repent of my sins or be rejected to hell.

I never asked for nor wanted any of these issues.

Free will is mythical religious bunk.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#522894 Mar 20, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you stop using your bible to bully Tony for being gay.
Bible-USING is a very bad habit.
Why don't you just come out of your closet and shout ... "'I' HATE FAGS! God has nothing on me when it comes to hatred, as 'I' am the master of hatred."
LOL.....

You think that I am bullying Tony???

LOL....

You are barking up the wrong tree, June......

I am NOT the bullying kind......

Instead of ranting, why don't you try and understand the dangers of SIN????
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#522895 Mar 20, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh that's nice too Truth.
You already covered the theif ... twice. I already moved on ... twice.
Good...

Dawson Creek, Canada

#522896 Mar 20, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, for one Tony..........
There was NO sexual relations between David and Jonathan.....
They were NOT in a gay relationship.....
I could go on but it would be a waste of time....
You just won't quit using that bible to bully ... will you???

Are you absolutely certain that you are worthy of the gold-star of salvation???

If not ... you better put that bible down before it burns you.

Just suppose that reincarnation is a fact.

You might come back next time as a Muslim-homosexual living in Iran.
Michael

Canada

#522897 Mar 20, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
So what's your problem that?
Is the Bible the pillar and foundation of truth or is the Church the pillar and foundation of truth?
Didn't it take a church to decide on those books?
Didn't take a church to copy the Books correctly, and label chapters and verses??
You claim everything about Mary needs to be explicitly detailed in the writings of a few of the Apostles? Tough toody...who are you to demand such a thing? you can't even provide a verse where Jesus give us a list the Scripture to go by? you don't have verse where Jesus says to go only by these verses?
..Its all made up! A few people with an agenda wrote stories about a deadman , made the stories convincing and bigger than life. Over time followers made the stories bigger and more detailed as time went on. Stories they wouldn't write about while this man was alive.

...Christianity is much like Shakespeare where the characters such as Othello, and Lady McBeth, on the stage appear to come to life, as they perform, allowing the viewers to place themselves in their minds, as the actual characters performing, even though in reality the characters are not real, much like Christians claim they want to be like Jesus.

Location hidden

#522898 Mar 20, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
pitiful
stupid
false
etc., etc.
For the previous 4 to 5 pages, that is the gist of the Bible discussion here.
No one can agree - for 2 good reasons.
1: There is no proof of any of it.
2: It's a delusion.
Or maybe the gods wanted it this way for their amusement.
I have the one true God. I have scientific proof. You have zilch
But the one true God still likes you and will not torture you for all eternity, like the delusional god of hate.
Ramen
" I have scientific proof."

Again. Show me this proof.
Aquarius

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Everyone is a fool 6 min Truthiness 8
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 min Neville Thompson 286,104
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 9 min St Elmos Fire 92,795
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 56 min Neville Thompson 1,106
REAL Smooth New Age Chamber Jazz 58 min Doctor REALITY 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr truth 183,654
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Richardfs 979,488
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 619,238
More from around the web