Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 682149 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Liam

Denver, CO

#522864 Mar 20, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> well everything was not corrupted by Rome...remember 1054? that's your answer.
I was drawing focus away from the title of our two churches and pointing to the similarities of the teachings. The Mass and Sacraments came from the Apostles, right?

Why do people pretend the Roman government infiltrated Christ's Church when clearly the evidence shows the teachings in place before Constantine?. The Empire was killing Christians for believing as you, Nick and I do. Almost 300 yrs the Church in Rome and Constantinople was brutally persecuted! What an inexcusable dishonor to the martyrs, who died bringing "the Bible" to Oldjg and others. These fundamentals undid everything the Martyrs
died for.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#522865 Mar 20, 2014
Jesus endorsed slavery. How absurd for a supposed god.

The obvious question that any intelligent person is forced to ask is this:

If Jesus is God, then why didn't Jesus use his omniscience and omnipotence to actually do something magnificent and beautiful on earth rather than squandering his "power" as he does in the Bible?

Think about all the problems that Jesus could have solved. At the very least, Jesus could have transcribed passages into the Bible that would have ended sexism, racism and slavery forever.

As the simplest example, think of all of the suffering that slavery has caused. Millions upon millions of people have suffered through the bondage and the remarkable brutality of slavery because Jesus and his Bible fully support it. If Jesus had simply made a clear statement -- "Slavery is forbidden, free all the slaves" -- he could have prevented all of that suffering. Yet Jesus did nothing of the sort. Instead, Jesus endorsed slavery.

Come to the true God.

Ramen
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#522866 Mar 20, 2014
Proof that your god is imaginary?

One way would be to find a contradiction between the definition of God and the God we experience in the real world.

What would happen if we get down on our knees and pray to God in this way:

Dear God, almighty, all-powerful, all-loving creator of the universe, we pray to you to cure every case of cancer on this planet tonight. We pray in faith, knowing you will bless us as you describe in Matthew 7:7, Matthew 17:20, Matthew 21:21, Mark 11:24, John 14:12-14, Matthew 18:19 and James 5:15-16. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen.

We pray sincerely, knowing that when God answers this completely heartfelt, unselfish, non-materialistic prayer, it will glorify God and help millions of people in remarkable ways.

Will anything happen?

No. Of course not. Your god is imaginary. Mine is the only true God

Ramen
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#522867 Mar 20, 2014
in Matthew 5:32 Jesus says:

But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, causes her to become an adulteress, and anyone who marries the divorced woman commits adultery.

In Matthew 19:9, Jesus repeats that sentiment:
I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, and marries another woman commits adultery

Adultery is a major problem in the Christian faith. First, one of the commandments in the Ten Commandments specifically forbids adultery.

Even worse, in Leviticus 20 we find this:
If a man commits adultery with the wife of his neighbour, both the adulterer and the adulteress shall be put to death.

Adulterers get the death penalty. Clearly, God and Jesus want Christians to stay married for life.

So what happens? The CC comes up with the annulment game, while Protestants ignore the Bible completely on the topic.

You are fine with with ignoring or faking out god with annulments why?

Because you KNOW your god is a delusion.

You KNOW it, because no one kills adulterers any more. You know it because you associate with them.

So you find a more convenient target of hatred to validate the delusional god.

Now its gays.

How brave!

No one true God hates any of its creation.

Ramen
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#522868 Mar 20, 2014
There is only one way for Jesus to prove that he rose from the dead.

He had to appear to people. Therefore, several different places in the Bible describe Jesus' appearances after his death:

Matthew chapter 28
Mark chapter 16
Luke chapter 24
John Chapter 20 and 21

1 Corinthians 15:3-6 provides a nice summary written by Paul:

"For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the scriptures, and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. Then he appeared to more than five hundred brethren at one time, most of whom are still alive, though some have fallen asleep. Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles. Last of all, as to one untimely born, he appeared also to me."

As you can see in this passage, Jesus appeared to hundreds of people a number of different times.

Then he stopped appearing.

Why?

Because Jesus is an imaginary god, unlike my one true God.

Ramen
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#522869 Mar 20, 2014
If Jesus is the sinless Son of God, then shouldn't Jesus be baptizing John instead of the reverse?

Isn't baptism supposed to forgive sins and be a sign of repentance? If so, then why would Jesus need to be baptized?

My one true, not angry or vengeful God - does not require such absurdities.

No wonder so many modern humans are seeking my one true God.

Ramen
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#522870 Mar 20, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>God does not expect us to live by every word of the NT. It's impossible.
People believed in gods and goddesses long before the new testament was a gleam in the mentalities of the Catholic church fathers.

And the ancient devout believers also believed their gods would punish them for being homosexual, which is plain silly, as at least 1500 other types of animals "are" homosexual. So if the gods existed, they obviously didn't have any prejudice against animals being homosexual.

Men called theologians wrote in books whatever trash came into their own minds ... and they all had the audacity to refer to their fantasies as being based on truth.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#522871 Mar 20, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible says
The bible says what the Catholic church fathers wanted it to say.

And then you take your own meanings to words and claim that the words mean what you say they means.

Using the words in the bible for your own entertainment is a very bad habit.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#522872 Mar 20, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text> You need to rid yourself of whatever type of Bible you're using and get yourself a KJV.
Here's your KJV, Tony....

Acts 26:9-11

King James Version (KJV)

9 I verily thought with myself, that I ought to do many things contrary to the name of Jesus of Nazareth.

10 Which thing I also did in Jerusalem: and many of the saints did I shut up in prison, having received authority from the chief priests; and when they were put to death, I gave my voice against them.

11 And I punished them oft in every synagogue, and compelled them to blaspheme; and being exceedingly mad against them, I persecuted them even unto strange cities.

Your point is???

And, yes, Paul was a murderer.....
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#522873 Mar 20, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have the blood of Jesus covering your sins, I worry you don't Tony
AWWWW cry me a river.

You hope he is a sinner, so that you can believe that you are free from sin.

Such is your self-flattery.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#522874 Mar 20, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
Most Christians can't handle this. They choose to ignore the fact that scripture alludes to what seems to be a homosexual relationship between David and Jonathan..
Read the following.
http://www.wouldjesusdiscriminate.org/biblica...
LOL......

Oh my......

Enough said.....
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#522875 Mar 20, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Best thing you can do is to stop trying to do Gods job..
You do the same when you use words in the bible to preach at others about how to be saved.

Yet you don't appreciate the same treatment coming back at you.

The bible has no brains, so it can't be blamed for the ignorance. It's the people that choose to use the bible who create the animosity among each other and refuse to leave the bible alone.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#522876 Mar 20, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
Have you Christians ever read 1st Samuel 20:30? Saul,Jonathans fatherl was lambasting him for the relationship he had with David so he called him the son of a perverse and rebellious woman. Read the verse. I dare you. Saul was indicating clearly that David and Jonathan was having a gay relationship.
Tony, Tony, Tony.....

False teaching, Tony....

1 Samuel 20:30

King James Version (KJV)

30 Then Saul's anger was kindled against Jonathan, and he said unto him, Thou son of the perverse rebellious woman, do not I know that thou hast chosen the son of Jesse to thine own confusion, and unto the confusion of thy mother's nakedness?

You are pulling this verse out to prove that David and Jonathan had a gay relationship???

LOL.....oh my....you are UNREAL, Tony.....

King Saul was jealous of David, disobedient to God, was most interested in retaining power and simply needed a SPANKING and a CHANGE of heart.

Come on, Tony.....
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#522877 Mar 20, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
If Jesus is the sinless Son of God, then shouldn't Jesus be baptizing John instead of the reverse?
If the Catholics or the Protestants thought that Jesus favored Judaism, they would in a flash wipe their minds clean of "his" image. Make no mistake about that issue.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#522878 Mar 20, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL......
Oh my......
Enough said.....
Do you enjoy the idea that Jesus also looks down his nose at homosexuals, as is the case with YOU???

It's flattering to invest adoration in a savior that belittles the same people as you belittle.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#522879 Mar 20, 2014
I understand why Tony wants to believe that some of the characters in the bible were openly gay.

We all want to feel loved and accepted as normal ... not shunned as vile or evil.

The bible is invariably used to shun others as sinners and create images of self as sin-free and HOLY in the eyes of ... who was that again???... OH YES ... ADONAI ... the god that favors only Jews as his chosen few
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#522880 Mar 20, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Tony, Tony, Tony.....
I suggest you stop using your bible to bully Tony for being gay.

Bible-USING is a very bad habit.

Why don't you just come out of your closet and shout ... "'I' HATE FAGS! God has nothing on me when it comes to hatred, as 'I' am the master of hatred."
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#522881 Mar 20, 2014
Protestants use words in the KJV to bully Catholics into the idea that the Catholics will not be saved.

And the Catholics use words from the original new testament to bully Protestants into the idea that the Protestants will not be saved.

And they all claim to be following the words of the master of love ... Jesus.

How ludicrous they all are in their halos created out of the fabric of myth.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#522882 Mar 20, 2014
Test o' Fires

by Michael Gibb

Placing Satan in their handbags
they go 'a knocking on doors
where they're least expected
to trade the here-and-now
for everlasting obscurity.

All for a Book filled with the
occult, murderous intentions, and twisted realities
where truth is falsehood and falsehood is gospel
and a simple question
merits the death penalty.

With the pitter-patter of tiny feet
they approach with learned stealth
caring for nothing
but the opium high of testifying.

Overjoyed by rejection
yet bewildered by disbelief
their prayer orgies strafe the ethers
in long arches of arrogance.

"We have the truth!" they proclaim boldly
as legion more proclaim a differing story.
I read their Book filled with
insanity, conflict, and unnumbered depravities
then look into their junkie eyes.

Nothing that I say can appease
the Beast lurking behind the message
with peace on the lips
and dripping evil on the tongue.

Quickly closing the door
on the message of death
disguised in goodness,
a sigh of relief passes my lips.

The wolves of the forest
have been kept at bay
for, at least,
one more day.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#522883 Mar 20, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a lot more to being baptized.....
After the death of Christ and the establishment of His church, all men became subject to the terms of the Great Commission.
The "thief on the cross" was NOT under the terms of the Great Commission.
Oh that's nice too Truth.
You already covered the theif ... twice. I already moved on ... twice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Gabriel 982,469
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 34 min Aura Mytha 8,230
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr UMAKEWORLDPEACEUI... 124,304
Being alone stinks so bad...that even God........ 5 hr Doctor REALITY 2
Gay Sex in Houston (Apr '15) 8 hr John j 18
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 hr onemale 286,505
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 10 hr lil whispers 619,479
More from around the web