Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,211
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#522502 Mar 19, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
"So you see ... bullying is a matter of opinion."
I see, so it is OK for YOU to bully others as long as you do not think you are bullying others?
<rollse eyes>
"your Aquarian theologians"
My Aquarian theologians?
ROTFLMAO
I'm on a forum discussing beliefs. If you take that as bullying then so be it.

I'm not barging into places of worship with bombs to in turn blow people up in the name of a god.

I believe that using a bible to preach at homosexuals that homosexuals are evil IS a form of bullying. If you don't agree ... that is your right.

I also believe that the Catholics and Protestants on this forum use words in their bibles to bully each other as evil offenders of the same supposed god. If you don't agree ... that is your right.

Prince George, Canada

#522503 Mar 19, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Einstein plagerized that "theory" dear.
REALLY???

Do you believe he plagiarized it from your Aquarian theologians?

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#522504 Mar 19, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need other people's words in an amendment to realize that if I want freedom of expression, I should encourage others to have the same freedom to express their beliefs.
Oh that's nice June.
Now then, since you also said that you wait for the ones who study those things and tell you what they meant when they were written and also what they mean today, you should be informed that the words mean that everyone has the right to believe as they wish. It also means that to denigrate one's personal beliefs, and to villify them personally because they believe differently then you, can be a criminal act June.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#522505 Mar 19, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Being "born again" has precious little to do with baptism other than symbolism.
So you don't believe baptism has anything to do with salvation?

How do you become "in Christ?"

How do you become part of Christ's body?

How are your sins forgiven?

How do you receive the Holy Spirit?

How do you receive spiritual blessings?

What is the purpose of baptism?

How are you reconciled to God as SIN cannot enter into the Kingdom of God?
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#522506 Mar 19, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
About Sermon on the Mount:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sermon_on_the_Mo...
About Sermon on the Plain:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sermon_on_the_Pl...
Thank you for the links. I followed up with more research.

Amongst the possibilities to be weighed are whether:

- the Sermon on the Plain is Luke’s summary of the Sermon on the Mount;
- the Sermon on the Mount is Matthew’s expansion of the Sermon on the Plain;
- the two sermons were given on different occasions but Jesus reused material.

You seem to say think they were separate. I find other explanations on why they are or why they are a retelling of the same event.

So that one can go ,either way. Like so much of the Bible. This happens when there are no written, first-hand eyewitness accounts - plus differing Greek translations.

Thank you again for the information.

Ramen

Prince George, Canada

#522507 Mar 19, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? You KNOW that for sure and for certain?
What is the justification for life itself then June? Is there a justification for life June? If life is nothing but undue suffering as you claim, then what is the justification for your own life June?
Within the "context" of the belief that a creator created everything ... there is no justification for the suffering of all forms of life.

Theologians imply that humans fell short of all things divine and that is why humans suffer ... but that bullshit doesn't fly with all other forms of life that suffer horribly in their quest to survive.

If there is an all-knowing creator, it's a monster that enjoys watching its creatures suffer.
marge

Ames, IA

#522508 Mar 19, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
First off, I am not angry at all. Nothing June says has made me angry.
Secondly, Jesus Himself became angry and violently threw the riff-raff out of the Temple because they were dishonoring His Father's House.
The Beatitudes, as recorded in the books of Matt and Luke, are the words we are supposed to try to live by. These proclamations were revolutionary, and still are.
Btw, Jesus preached this on the sermon on the mount. Some of these He repeated at the sermon on the plain, as recorded in Luke.
2 different sermons.
You wouldn't add or take away from these words we are suppose to live by would you? That would extend to the whole Bible would it not?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#522509 Mar 19, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
The Bible does not teach that we are born again through baptism..
WATER. Baptism COMES AFTER THE FACT.......IT IS OUR outward manifestation before the world that we are born again.
WATER Baptism is US.....showing the world that we have...believed in our hearts and.Confessed with out mouth
that
THE LORD JESUS CHRIST IS THE SON OF GOD, AND
THAT WE ARE NO LONGER INTEND TO SERVE SIN...
THAT WE HAVE BECOME FELLOW CITIZENS WITH THE SAINTS..OF GOD.
IT IS AN OUTWARD SHOWING
BEFORE THE WORLD THAT
(WE HAVE CHANGED MASTERS)
WE HAVE EXPERIENCED AND INWARD WORK OF GRACE.
Eph_2:19 Now therefore ye/WE are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
Joh 17:16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
Joh 17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
Joh 17:18 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.
Joh 17:19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.
NOTE ***(JESUS PRAYED FOR US)
Joh 17:20 *** Neither pray I for these alone, but --->for them also which shall believe on me through their word; <---
Joh 17:21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
WATER BAPTISM IS SHOWING THE WORLD THAT WE ARE STRIVING TO BE ONE WITH THE FATHER FROM THAT MOMENT ON.
Hello GIF,

The devil brings lies and destruction.

Jesus said:“The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy.

I have come that they may have life (SPIRITUAL,) and that they may have it more abundantly.”

Some of the devil’s most destructive lies relate to baptism.

Millions and millions of pious people will be lost because they believed the devil’s lies about baptism.

Prince George, Canada

#522510 Mar 19, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
" I bully all believers "
Yep, you sure do June.
But your brand of bullying is OK according to yourself, because you know the ONE truth. Right June?
<rolls eyes>
If you believe I bully others, that is your right. What is your problem? Call me a bully if it pleases you.

I explained before and I will explain again. I don't claim to know truth or even if truth exists. I have a concept of truth which is only opinion.

Location hidden

#522511 Mar 19, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Is what is true for one person ... true for all persons June?
If you take insulin to control your diabetes, does that mean that all persons need insulin June?
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are being silly now.
No dear. I am trying to communicate to you that your 'one size fits all' rendition of the way things are in this world, is ridiculous and quite frankly very foolish.
Since there are as many perceptions of reality as there are entities to perceive that same reality(ies), then it stands to reason that your one way, one view, approach to truth and reality for all people, is very narrow and illogical indeed.
No two people have had the same life experience, and they all think independently of each other. Since that is true, then their perceptions of "god" (pro or con) are naturally as varied and numerous as there are "thinking" entities to perceive their own experiences in this dimension.
That being said, it is possible that all who believe in an "intelligence", are believing in the same thing(s), but perceive it differently because well, they are different from each other.

Prince George, Canada

#522512 Mar 19, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
again, has nothing to do with what we are born into. We come to God on our own.
If humans had never taught that gods exist, you would have none of that in-formation in your thoughts ... unless you created the images in your own mind to start a religion of your own design.

Location hidden

#522513 Mar 19, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
So you don't believe baptism has anything to do with salvation?
How do you become "in Christ?"
How do you become part of Christ's body?
How are your sins forgiven?
How do you receive the Holy Spirit?
How do you receive spiritual blessings?
What is the purpose of baptism?
How are you reconciled to God as SIN cannot enter into the Kingdom of God?
1. I said it has "precious little" to do with it other than symbolism. You distort what I said Strawman.
2. How about you tell me?
3. See answer #2.
4. See answer #2.
5. See answer #2.
6. See answer #2.
7. To symbolize (for the benefit of onlookers and personal pride) that you have been "born again".
8. See answer #2.

Prince George, Canada

#522514 Mar 19, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Again..nothing else,in the scripture points,to any sort of this,thing Imputed to Jesus...at all.
Had He such activity no Jew would have ever followed Him believing Him a Mesiah .what better way to turn off people than to write this slander about a,great miracle ...especially the,Jews,who were being baptized..
As for His death it was foretold and meant to happen .why He came to begin with ...along with His,Word ..
The temple authorities also went after the healed blind man..of course they'd want Lazarus back in the ground.
Let's face for them a Messiah who did NOT cozy up to them would put them out of business.
As,for the Romans...here is a,man who has,the ability to feed thousands,(an army??) And can heal injuries and as a,last straw,raise the dead ...I'm sure the high priest used these,events,as a last straw,to influence Pilate with a,threat to report to Caesar on Jesus's actions .
If you had been born into Judaism, you would now be preaching that Jesus was a fake messiah.

But as you put all your faith in words in the new testament ... you continue preaching your own morphed form of Christianity as being the only truth in the universe.

You are unwilling to see how the Jews that are faithful to Judaism see it ... because you don't want to see it through their experience. Your own "salvation" means the whole world to YOU. It's all about self-centered YOU.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#522515 Mar 19, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone's going to die somehow, right? Might as well be from a deadly snake bite. It's probably not anymore painful than any other violent or prolonged death.
The verse these folks chose for their new religion actually reads like this:
[Jesus said to the apostles]
"18 They shall take up serpents; and if they shall drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them: they shall lay their hands upon the sick, and they shall recover."
He didn't actually say the snake would not bite them, did He?
The wonderful Bible. Few can agree on what certain passages mean. If they could, there wouldn't be hundreds of denominations.

Thank you again for the follow-up. However, you omitted the first part.

"Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well."

OK, ignore the snake thing if you wish. Do you believe enough to drink poison? What signs accompany you?

Do you heal the sick, or does your family go to a medical science doctor when they get seriously sick?

The point you ignore is that many well-meaning people have died because of what is written there.

Couldn't your god be more clear? With those words, didn't your god realize how they could be taken the "wrong way" by so many?

Take up snakes, drink poison, all in the same context. Primitive Bronze Age mysticism -- which should have been above any real god IMHO.

Ramen

Prince George, Canada

#522516 Mar 19, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>]
You sought the truth and you found it.
All devout believers in all religions are certain they found the one and only truth.

They will kill others to protect their own versions "concepts" of truth.

What a shame!

Prince George, Canada

#522517 Mar 19, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW.....born again through baptism...spiritual.....
As we are now baptized spiritually INTO the Body of Christ....
YIPEEEE!

If Jesus lived as a Jew faithful to Judaism ... You are now a Jew also faithful to Judaism.

I hope to see you entering a synagogue.

:)
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#522518 Mar 19, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
1. I said it has "precious little" to do with it other than symbolism. You distort what I said Strawman.
2. How about you tell me?
3. See answer #2.
4. See answer #2.
5. See answer #2.
6. See answer #2.
7. To symbolize (for the benefit of onlookers and personal pride) that you have been "born again".
8. See answer #2.
And baptism has everything to do with salvation....not "precious little."

If you are a Christian, you should know the answers to the questions.

How else will you be able to teach a person the Gospel of Christ???

Location hidden

#522519 Mar 19, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe I bully others, that is your right. What is your problem? Call me a bully if it pleases you.
I explained before and I will explain again. I don't claim to know truth or even if truth exists. I have a concept of truth which is only opinion.
Yes, and your "concept" is based on the false premise that your position, er, uh, opinion, can be proven to be true and correct. Your entire "opinion" is based solely on, well, nothing.

AND

IF

what you say here > "I don't claim to know truth or even if truth exists." then one is left to wonder why you have dons so, and why you now lie about it June.

To say that a thing, any thing, is a lie (which you have done incessantly), and spend untold hours trying to convince others that they have been lied to ... one must know truth ... or be branded an idiot and/or a fool without foundation or personal conviction that they are correct in their "opinions".

It is bad enough that you argue ... as truth ... an admitted "unknown" when it comes to truth, but you argue a position that has no chance whatsoever to ever be proven correct. You are on a fool's errand dear.

Prince George, Canada

#522520 Mar 19, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion and Traditions have absolutely nothing to do with a relationship with Jesus Christ. Your post tells us you were a confused little catholic who had religion.
I posted this but like your friend June you ignore it. Read it this time:
9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.
*the individual has to confess and believe...this is a choice and has nothing to do with family or have you were brought up.
If you were born into the religion of Islam you would now believe that the Mahdi is your awaited savior.

All your preaching would not move a Muslim to join you in your belief that Jesus is superior to the Islamic Mahdi. In fact some Muslims believe that when the Mahdi appears Jesus will come with him as a newly converted Muslim to Islam.

Aint' that just something???

Imagination can take believers anywhere they want to go. There is no limit to imagination.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#522521 Mar 19, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
YIPEEEE!
If Jesus lived as a Jew faithful to Judaism ... You are now a Jew also faithful to Judaism.
I hope to see you entering a synagogue.
:)
June,

Please go play some BINGO or something......better yet, go knit your dog a sweater.....

You don't understand the physical and you sure don't understand the spiritual....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Tide with Beach 774,454
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 4 min RFD 4,751
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min Charlie Sheen 265,032
Moses never existed 6 min lightbeamrider 734
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 12 min EdmondWA 96,732
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 16 min joe 441,761
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 25 min Classic 1,896
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr joe 604,882
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Lyndi 175,582
More from around the web