Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683865 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

OldJG

Rockford, IL

#522846 Mar 19, 2014
I Peter 2:22, "He committed no sin, neither was deceit found in his mouth."

This verse tells us Jesus was without sin. What verse tells us Mary was without sin? You know, just one verse.

Here, let me help because after I do you can call it a Roman Catholic tradition and alter the Bible to fit this theology.

Roman Catholic 2:22, "Mary committed no sin, neither was deceit found in her mouth."

There you go. You have a brand new dogma. LOL LOL

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#522847 Mar 19, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
Big talk coming from someone who doesn't believe Peter was the first Pope.
"Thou art Peter and upon this rock I will build my church."
Where in your Bible does it use the word "pope"????

According to you, since the Bible does not say "Mary is a sinner"....she was sinless, then using that idiotic "logic", since the Bible uses not the word "pope"...there is no pope!!!!
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#522848 Mar 19, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
I Peter 2:21-24, "21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: 22 Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth: 23 Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judges righteously: 24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed."

Where can we find Scripture that states Mary "did no sin"? We will wait for your Biblical response.
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
“Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean? There is not one”(Job 14:4).
Are you saying that Jesus is unclean or are you saying that Mary is clean?
You and I are both sinners. The question at hand is where in Scripture does it say, "Mary is a sinner"? Nowhere.
The Bible says in I Peter 2:22, "He never sinned, nor ever deceived anyone." (NLT)

This verse states Jesus never sinned. Where can we find Scripture that states Mary "never sinned"? Be a good little Roman and show us the verse. Come on little Roman. Poor little Roman. Does the pope have your tongue?

You do not understand the Bible at all little Roman. Matthew 11:11, "Truly I tell you, among those born of women there HAS NOT RISEN ANYONE "GREATER" THAN JOHN THE BAPTIST (not even the sinner Mary) ; yet whoever is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he."

What verse in the Bible says "MARY NEVER SINNED". Put up or shut up poor little Roman. Put up or shut up. End of story!
marge

Leesburg, GA

#522849 Mar 19, 2014
They're not born again, they cannot see the Kingdom of God, so of course they cannot preach it.
90 some percent of you here are speaking for the anti-Christ or even the Devil,...
WOW WOW WOW.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#522850 Mar 19, 2014
marge wrote:
They're not born again, they cannot see the Kingdom of God, so of course they cannot preach it.
90 some percent of you here are speaking for the anti-Christ or even the Devil,...
WOW WOW WOW.
If you dig one ditch, you better dig two cause the one you're digging just may be for you.
truth

Mount Lawley, Australia

#522851 Mar 20, 2014
no
i am not wicket
i don't need charm

no

less corupt real estate agency who selling another people house without any authority..

Moses say 25;5
to law
not to attend be accuser
toward kill
because
its written

truth can find all very easy who they are
truth

Mount Lawley, Australia

#522852 Mar 20, 2014
I love you all.
I am going have good bath with vinegar.
truth

Mount Lawley, Australia

#522853 Mar 20, 2014
In the world its exist deference sauna as bath
From deference sort of mad dust and oily nice smelly aroma.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#522854 Mar 20, 2014
marge wrote:
WOW WOW WOW.
you have been speaking for the devil, ever since you came on here, and not ONE person has the least bit of confidence in anything that you say.
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#522855 Mar 20, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why bring it up??
I gave,you my reasons,for thinking this,secret Mark was written b y at the very least anon believer ...more,likely an enemy of the early Christians,....And you're correct NOW,..it lacks,any sort of veracity
You're confused.

Secret Mark appears to be an ancestor of canonical Mark. According to Prof. Koester at Harvard's Divinity School, "This would mean that the canonical text of Mark, which is not attested in manuscripts until the middle of the 3d century, is actually derived from the Secret Gospel of Mark...." 1 That is, the Mark you know is Secret Mark with the problematic story of the raising of this young man mostly redacted.

That would make the relationship part of the canon's development and the probable inspiration for the story of Lazarus and the Beloved Disciple in John. The Beloved Disciple's story has long been considered to hint at something other than agape. As King James famously said of his relationship with the Earl of Buckingham,“Christ had his John; I have my George.”2

1. Koester, Helmut, Introduction to the New Testament (Walter de Gruyter, 2000), p. 173.

2. Erickson, Carolly, Royal Panoply: Brief Lives of the English Monarchs (St. Martin’s Press, 2006), p. 192.
Liam

Denver, CO

#522856 Mar 20, 2014
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
The Roman Catholic Church teaches the following about Mary:
1. Immaculate conception: She was conceived without original sin
2. She is all holy and lived a sinless life
3. She was perpetual virgin
4. She is the mother of God
5. She is the mother of the church
6. Assumption: She was taken directly to heaven after her death
7. She, with Jesus, is a co-mediator
8. She is the queen of heaven
9. She redeemed the human race with Jesus
According to the "Bible" are these statements about Mary correct?
<quoted text>
Your pitiful Romans are so predictable. When confronted with the truth you scream and cry like a first grader. Just admit it. You have no "Biblical" response to the lies the Roman Catholic church has been spewing about Mary.
No, you're the one being confronted with Biblical truth. That is, Jesus and his apostles started a Church, which the Bible says. is the pillar and foundation of truth.

All those things above are Biblical, and we certainly don't need to apologize to you if it doesn't fit your criteria. You could better understand Marian doctrine if you'd admit that she is the Holy ark that brought the word of God made flesh, Jesus Christ, into this world. That's obviously Biblical. it goes without saying: if the first ark that brought the Word of God in tablets was that holy, how much more holier would your so-called "vessel" be that brought the Word of God Himself??
And would a devout Jew "get naked" (as you pathetically implied last week) with the Holy Ark? Right, read what happened to a devout Jew who merely LOOKED at the first ark.
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#522857 Mar 20, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you're the one being confronted with Biblical truth. That is, Jesus and his apostles started a Church, which the Bible says. is the pillar and foundation of truth.
All those things above are Biblical, and we certainly don't need to apologize to you if it doesn't fit your criteria. You could better understand Marian doctrine if you'd admit that she is the Holy ark that brought the word of God made flesh, Jesus Christ, into this world. That's obviously Biblical. it goes without saying: if the first ark that brought the Word of God in tablets was that holy, how much more holier would your so-called "vessel" be that brought the Word of God Himself??
And would a devout Jew "get naked" (as you pathetically implied last week) with the Holy Ark? Right, read what happened to a devout Jew who merely LOOKED at the first ark.
So you're Jewish, eh?

They certainly were and remained so:

"When Peter came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he was clearly in the wrong. Before certain men came from James, he used to eat with the Gentiles. But when they arrived, he began to draw back and separate himself from the Gentiles because he was afraid of those who belonged to the circumcision group."

-- Paul in Galatians 2
tricki

Manheim, PA

#522858 Mar 20, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're Jewish, eh?
"When Peter came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he was clearly in the wrong. Before certain men came from James, he used to eat with the Gentiles. But when they arrived, he began to draw back and separate himself from the Gentiles because he was afraid of those who belonged to the circumcision group."
-- Paul in Galatians 2
The word of god
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#522859 Mar 20, 2014
tricki wrote:
<quoted text>
The word of god
Na. Just the word of Paul.
Liam

Denver, CO

#522860 Mar 20, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're Jewish, eh?
-- Paul in Galatians 2
you're jumping to conclusions by isolating this verse.
It just says that Peter, like many of us, was afraid of the backlash from going against popular opinion. Paul confronted him as well he should.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#522861 Mar 20, 2014
pitiful

stupid

false

etc., etc.

For the previous 4 to 5 pages, that is the gist of the Bible discussion here.

No one can agree - for 2 good reasons.

1: There is no proof of any of it.

2: It's a delusion.

Or maybe the gods wanted it this way for their amusement.

I have the one true God. I have scientific proof. You have zilch

But the one true God still likes you and will not torture you for all eternity, like the delusional god of hate.

Ramen
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#522862 Mar 20, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Catholics stated that Mary went to Catholic heaven that means all of the Judaism was washed out of her. There couldn't have been even one trace of Judaism left in her body or her mind or her soul.
Silly nonsense.
Interesting point.

Mary was faithful Jew who was converted into a Goddess, so maybe Mary went along with it so she could be a god and threaten people like daddy does?

"Love me or else" she is reported to has told the world.

Ummm? Watch your back, or Mary is going to get you :o)

It's all delusion.

Mine is the only true, proven God. Embrace my God June, and they will be jealous of you too.

Ramen
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#522863 Mar 20, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
There are still many people in this modern era that are certain the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah were were destroyed by "God" because of sodomy ... of all the stupidity.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
Assyrian clay tablet points to 'Sodom and Gomorrah' asteroid
A Cuneiform clay tablet which for over 150 years defied attempts at interpretation has now been revealed to describe an asteroid impact which in 3123 BC hit Köfels, Austria, leaving in its wake a trail of destruction which may acccount for the biblical tale of Sodom and Gomorrah.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/03/31/kofel ...
Hush, rational; thinking is not the Xian way.

Martin Luther even said that "reason should be destroyed in all Christians."
Liam

Denver, CO

#522864 Mar 20, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> well everything was not corrupted by Rome...remember 1054? that's your answer.
I was drawing focus away from the title of our two churches and pointing to the similarities of the teachings. The Mass and Sacraments came from the Apostles, right?

Why do people pretend the Roman government infiltrated Christ's Church when clearly the evidence shows the teachings in place before Constantine?. The Empire was killing Christians for believing as you, Nick and I do. Almost 300 yrs the Church in Rome and Constantinople was brutally persecuted! What an inexcusable dishonor to the martyrs, who died bringing "the Bible" to Oldjg and others. These fundamentals undid everything the Martyrs
died for.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#522865 Mar 20, 2014
Jesus endorsed slavery. How absurd for a supposed god.

The obvious question that any intelligent person is forced to ask is this:

If Jesus is God, then why didn't Jesus use his omniscience and omnipotence to actually do something magnificent and beautiful on earth rather than squandering his "power" as he does in the Bible?

Think about all the problems that Jesus could have solved. At the very least, Jesus could have transcribed passages into the Bible that would have ended sexism, racism and slavery forever.

As the simplest example, think of all of the suffering that slavery has caused. Millions upon millions of people have suffered through the bondage and the remarkable brutality of slavery because Jesus and his Bible fully support it. If Jesus had simply made a clear statement -- "Slavery is forbidden, free all the slaves" -- he could have prevented all of that suffering. Yet Jesus did nothing of the sort. Instead, Jesus endorsed slavery.

Come to the true God.

Ramen

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min Trump Eats Babies 16,837
So how exactly did O.J. Simpson pull off a doub... 25 min common sense 25
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr Tony 6,417
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Elerby 983,157
Venting Against FAKE Americans 1 hr His Eminency dr S... 6
O.J. Simpson is about to be a free man once again. 1 hr Rider on the Storm 26
Chinese are dishonest, greedy and cold-blooded. (Jan '14) 2 hr His Eminency dr S... 45
More from around the web