Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 596682 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#522481 Mar 19, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Most are born Christians...I have not heard that.
Romans 10:9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.
Confess and Believe is a choice Mikey...You may not be a catholic anymore but you are still think like one.
.....Most catholics as Muslims, Jews etc, are so because they were indoctrinated from childhood not to use their own intelligence to decide what belief to follow but to become what mom and dad wanted them to become just like them. Organized religion is more about family-hand-me-down tradition than the actual belief itself.

....If Christianity/Islam relied on conversions only to grow the faithful numbers, Christianity/Islam beliefs would have died out centuries ago.
truth

Perth, Australia

#522482 Mar 19, 2014
ye miclo
see
i god sela.h

i listening on another side too
don't tell

twested mind or very nice words
can have sometimes great result
that you can see character

see
if someone say
o you are from
i.van.nesh sela.h
two words van=out nesh=you not

see
prodjevo

i don't care
i stop care long tioime ago
12 years ago when nice criminals within organization and law atrat play evil satanic nice game

byyyyyyyyyyyyy my lobly friends

god prepeare everything on front

he picking who is nice and better and bigger then god
then
fijuuuuuu fujjj
fast blast

old wisdom is
netrci pred rudu
konji prve izabranike taru
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#522483 Mar 19, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Snake handling is just plain dumb.
You KNOW that despite what the Bible says, the faithful will die -- just like the unfaithful -- when handling poisonous snakes.
If the Bible were correct and no believers died from the practice, it would be the greatest verse in the Bible.
But alas, reality tells us the Bible is just plain wrong.
Many fine people of deep faith have die because the Bible is just plain wrong.
Or maybe god said.... "Oops, I didn't know good people would kill themselves because I wasn't clear."
Oops.
Everyone's going to die somehow, right? Might as well be from a deadly snake bite. It's probably not anymore painful than any other violent or prolonged death.

The verse these folks chose for their new religion actually reads like this:

[Jesus said to the apostles]
"18 They shall take up serpents; and if they shall drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them: they shall lay their hands upon the sick, and they shall recover."

He didn't actually say the snake would not bite them, did He?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#522484 Mar 19, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.....Most catholics as Muslims, Jews etc, are so because they were indoctrinated from childhood not to use their own intelligence to decide what belief to follow but to become what mom and dad wanted them to become just like them. Organized religion is more about family-hand-me-down tradition than the actual belief itself.
....If Christianity/Islam relied on conversions only to grow the faithful numbers, Christianity/Islam beliefs would have died out centuries ago.
Religion and Traditions have absolutely nothing to do with a relationship with Jesus Christ. Your post tells us you were a confused little catholic who had religion.

I posted this but like your friend June you ignore it. Read it this time:

9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.

*the individual has to confess and believe...this is a choice and has nothing to do with family or have you were brought up.
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#522485 Mar 19, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
So you suppose Job was talking about Mary? You are the dumbest person on this forum. Mary is nothing more than a filthy sinner saved by grace. She was married had many more children after the birth of Jesus. She had lots of sex with Joseph her husband.
Matthew 1:24-25, 24 " Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife: 25 AND HE KNEW HER NOT "TILL" SHE HAD BROUGHT FORTH HER "FIRSTBORN" SON: and he called his name Jesus."
What does "till" mean? What does the statement "firstborn son" mean? Let's put it like this. I am the first born son in my family. I have siblings. Can they claim the term "first born"? How ignorant are you that you cannot understand black print on white paper?
So the first born child can't be called first born unless a second child is born?

Consider this verse:
Acts 8:40
But Philip was found in Azotus; and passing through, he preached the gospel to all the cities,*TILL* he came to Caesarea.

Does that mean that after Philip got to Caesarea, he stopped preaching the gospel?

And this one:
Romans 8:22
For we know that every creature groaneth and travaileth in pain, even *TILL* now.

Does this mean that after this was written, all the creatures were pain-free?

And this verse:
[Jesus said to the Church at Thyatira]
25 Yet that, which you have (the Faith), hold fast till I come.

Does this mean that Jesus was asking them to abandon the Faith after He had come?
truth

Perth, Australia

#522486 Mar 19, 2014
no they going accuse wife
according corupt law

very sad evil satanic develish lips

pray for corupt organization

Don't used God name in vain.

Jesus Christ is perfect

they come in my name its not me
who they are

many many many as legion
they pray mercy

oh oh oh ho ho ho santa closooooooo
satanic evil corrupt photocopy diploma

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#522487 Mar 19, 2014
marge wrote:
That is why I told Ltm not to even have lunch with a devote catholic as they will eventually go all evil on you, you don't want that in your house.
Arrogance encourages readers to believe that they are ALL following divine will ... and that those who disagree with them are evil.

Muslims that dare to read words in the Qur'an will then kill other Muslims who glean different meanings from the same words.

Placing high value on the self's meanings from what humans have been taught to believe are divinely inspired words, is an ancient very bad habit.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#522488 Mar 19, 2014
truth wrote:
we speak as color who is blind
its inner heart have another eye
no for so long
innovation can prove see perfectly in future
please tell me
why you asked that
did animals have heart
"its inner heart have another eye"
Yes.
truth

Perth, Australia

#522489 Mar 19, 2014
if snake bite husbund
why wife have to be wrong

nooooooooooooo

see
which god is that

very jelouse god
ye

see

why god don't liked have brother or sister

ha ha ha ha

Dear God I love you!

wait

I am going put under your feet all of them.
hi hi hi hiiiiiiiiii

Location hidden

#522490 Mar 19, 2014
truth wrote:
how you call every neuron as tiny light
touched in animals as well humans
as well
tree and lief have structure too
please tell me
why you think
lief or tree can't be very watchful
innovation can prove
Yes truth All things are related.
truth

Perth, Australia

#522491 Mar 19, 2014
Who set up?

Prince George, Canada

#522492 Mar 19, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Well, I disagree. Why cant you have lunch with anyone and just not talk about religion??....
Because they were taught by the theologians that if they don't preach the gospel of "truth" at others, the others can't be "saved."

That is why we see the continual fighting between Catholics and Protestants on this forum.

They use the same scriptures to imply that each other is evil.
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#522493 Mar 19, 2014
<quoted text>
Your anger is obvious. She makes you angry. That's control.
Does Jesus teach that you should become angry? Of course not.
God or not, Jesus was a wise dude. Why not listen to his words? Like what did he say were his most important teachings?
Is it just a delusion, or do Jesus' own words matter?
Ramen
First off, I am not angry at all. Nothing June says has made me angry.
Secondly, Jesus Himself became angry and violently threw the riff-raff out of the Temple because they were dishonoring His Father's House.

The Beatitudes, as recorded in the books of Matt and Luke, are the words we are supposed to try to live by. These proclamations were revolutionary, and still are.
Btw, Jesus preached this on the sermon on the mount. Some of these He repeated at the sermon on the plain, as recorded in Luke.
2 different sermons.

Prince George, Canada

#522494 Mar 19, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know what "dirty water" is until you see your own religion for what it really is.and you have no need to seek me to explain it either.
They don't want to see their own religion as dirty or evil. That is why they always point outward at others as being the evil ones.

Location hidden

#522495 Mar 19, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW.....born again through baptism...spiritual.....
As we are now baptized spiritually INTO the Body of Christ....
Being "born again" has precious little to do with baptism other than symbolism.
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#522496 Mar 19, 2014
BIBLE QUIZ 101...
Was Jesus' first sermon on a plain or a mount?
MAT 5:1,2: "And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him: And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying...."
LUK 6:17,20: "And he came down with them, and stood in the plain, and the company of his disciples, and a great multitude of people...came to hear him.. And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples and said..."
The Bible is full of contradictions that only delusional reasoning can resolve.
About Sermon on the Mount:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sermon_on_the_Mo...

About Sermon on the Plain:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sermon_on_the_Pl...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#522497 Mar 19, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW.....born again through baptism...spiritual.....
As we are now baptized spiritually INTO the Body of Christ....
~~~

The Bible does not teach that we are born again through baptism..

WATER. Baptism COMES AFTER THE FACT.......IT IS OUR outward manifestation before the world that we are born again.

WATER Baptism is US.....showing the world that we have...believed in our hearts and.Confessed with out mouth

that

THE LORD JESUS CHRIST IS THE SON OF GOD, AND

THAT WE ARE NO LONGER INTEND TO SERVE SIN...

THAT WE HAVE BECOME FELLOW CITIZENS WITH THE SAINTS..OF GOD.

IT IS AN OUTWARD SHOWING

BEFORE THE WORLD THAT

(WE HAVE CHANGED MASTERS)

WE HAVE EXPERIENCED AND INWARD WORK OF GRACE.

Eph_2:19 Now therefore ye/WE are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

Joh 17:16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
Joh 17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
Joh 17:18 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.
Joh 17:19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

NOTE ***(JESUS PRAYED FOR US)

Joh 17:20 *** Neither pray I for these alone, but --->for them also which shall believe on me through their word; <---

Joh 17:21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

WATER BAPTISM IS SHOWING THE WORLD THAT WE ARE STRIVING TO BE ONE WITH THE FATHER FROM THAT MOMENT ON.

Prince George, Canada

#522498 Mar 19, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing wrong with "snakes".
What IS wrong is "idiots" handling snakes.
I agree!

Devout believers read some words in a book that they are certain are divinely inspired ... then they maul snakes to try to become masters over the snakes, and then the snakes do what snakes do and kill the humans.

Humans are masters of ignorance.

Prince George, Canada

#522499 Mar 19, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh! OK.
<chuckle>
How do you stand on the 1st Amendment June?
<quoted text>
<rolls eyes>
You "don't" have a personal belief that a person has a right to express their beliefs, religon, and to peacably assemble?
Surely you jest.
I don't need other people's words in an amendment to realize that if I want freedom of expression, I should encourage others to have the same freedom to express their beliefs.

Prince George, Canada

#522500 Mar 19, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Is what is true for one person ... true for all persons June?
If you take insulin to control your diabetes, does that mean that all persons need insulin June?
You are being silly now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Stilgar Fifrawi 855,824
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min onemale 272,096
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 8 min WasteWater 6,161
Re-Programming Americans To Take Part In Their ... 11 min USaWarringIDIOTSo... 11
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 16 min gundee123 100,769
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 23 min WasteWater 671
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 24 min USaWarringIDIOTSo... 177,220
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 1,075
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Bella Italia 612,652
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 hr I Am No One_ 444,363
More from around the web