Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687223 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#522748 Mar 19, 2014
OldJG wrote:
Jesus is the only person who is referred to in Scripture as sinless. Hebrews 4:15 says, "For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feelings of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin."
Jesus ... a Catholic priest!!!

How deceptive of such authors.

And then they want favors from the same supposed Jew that they insult!

If Jesus lived I suggest he would tell to kiss his Judaized butt, not take you to paradise and reward you with eternal bliss.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#522749 Mar 19, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I already answered the question "I do not believe in any god."
But do you believe in a goddess? Are you an Atheist, or are you an Agnostic?

Are you ashamed of what you believe??? Is that why you hide what you believe?
Agel Cortez

Worcester, MA

#522750 Mar 19, 2014
I am confused was Jesus a Catholic and if he wasn't I guess that means he can't go to Heaven according to the Catholic Church.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#522751 Mar 19, 2014
The only reason people in this modern era put faith in ancient religious literature as being based on truth is because they believe they will be rewarded for their investments.

Modern Wiccans believe the goddess won't judge them one way or the other, so theirs is a religion that is all about having fun ... well ... not quite.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

You Need: Black or white candle, Photo of target, lighter or matches

Picture your target suffering, and while burning the photo of your enemy, recite:

"Gods, hear my plea,
Someone has hurt me,
And made me sad.
Now I've become really mad.
Fire of the candle,
Heat of the flame,
Strike of thunder,
And the demons name.
I call upon you now,
To bring revenge upon him/her.
Make him/her suffer,
Make him/her cry.
Take him/her down,
With just one try.
Make him/her think twice,
Not to hurt me again,
And bring him/her,
The bad luck chain."

http://www.wiccanspace.com/spells/545-bad-luc ...
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#522752 Mar 19, 2014
What the Bible Says about Mary's Assumption? When we search the pages of Scripture for the assumption of Mary we find silence.

There is no biblical reference to the assumption of Mary. The Gospel of John was written around 90 A.D., which is more than 100 years after Mary was born. If Mary had been supernaturally assumed into Heaven, wouldn't John (THE DISCIPLE THAT MARY LIVED WITH) have mentioned it? When Enoch and Elijah were taken up to Heaven, the Bible recorded it. With Elijah it was recorded in some detail.(Check out Genesis 6:24 and II Kings 2:1-18.)

The Assumption of Mary was OFFICIALLY DECLARED TO BE A DOGMA of the Roman Catholic faith in 1950. This means that every Roman Catholic is required to believe this doctrine without questioning it. However, as we will see, the teaching of the Assumption originated with heretical writings which were officially condemned by the early Church.

In 495 A.D., Pope Gelasius issued a decree which REJECTED THIS TEACHING as heresy and its proponents as heretics. In the sixth century, Pope Hormisdas also condemned as heretics those authors who taught the doctrine of the Assumption of Mary.

THE EARLY CHURCH CLEARLY CONSIDERED THE DOCTRINE OF THE ASSUMPTION OF MARY TO BE A HERESY WORTHY OF CONDEMNATION. Here we have "infallible" popes declaring something to be a heresy. Then in 1950, Pope Pius XII, another "infallible" pope, declared it to be official Roman Catholic doctrine.(William Webster, The Church of Rome at the Bar of History, pp. 81-85)
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#522753 Mar 19, 2014
Agel Cortez wrote:
I am confused was Jesus a Catholic and if he wasn't I guess that means he can't go to Heaven according to the Catholic Church.
Catholics should be confused too, but they refuse to admit their confusion. Then they confuse their own children as occurred in the following.

>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

From the book …“Billy” by Pamela Stephenson … comes the following.

One day, Jesus had come into conversation at home and Billy referred to Jesus as having been a Catholic, which was his seven-year-old misunderstanding. Aunt Margaret corrected him.‘Jesus wasn’t Catholic, Jesus was a Jew.’

‘Oh,’ he said with innocent surprise,‘does that mean we’re Jews?’

‘Where did you come up with that one?‘ she sneered, and continued to ridicule him until he was in his teens.‘Does that mean we’re Jewish?’ she would mimic him.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#522755 Mar 19, 2014
Agel Cortez wrote:
The Catholics church fathers implied that a Jewish Rabbi Rabboni (meaning Great teacher) changed his course and chose to be baptized by the Catholic saint John in the river Jordan.

That was and is a terrible insult to the Jews that stayed faithful to Judaism.

Then on top of that whopper of a lie, the Catholic church fathers after claiming that John baptized Jesus ... went on to state as truth that Jesus was the one to START the Catholic religion.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#522756 Mar 19, 2014
The Roman Catholic Church teaches the following about Mary:

1. Immaculate conception: She was conceived without original sin
2. She is all holy and lived a sinless life
3. She was perpetual virgin
4. She is the mother of God
5. She is the mother of the church
6. Assumption: She was taken directly to heaven after her death
7. She, with Jesus, is a co-mediator
8. She is the queen of heaven
9. She redeemed the human race with Jesus

According to the "Bible" are these statements about Mary correct?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#522757 Mar 19, 2014
Agel Cortez wrote:
Well ya. He must'a been a cathaholic. It's all his fault that everybody was always all drunked up on the free wine he an his momma was always pass'n put at every gathering and wedd'n.
They was always all drink'n like "fish".-that's prolly where the "sign" come from too!
That's why ole' Pilate didn't wanna hang him---there went all the free booze an loose wimmens.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#522758 Mar 19, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Now the CC tells you to believe that Mary was sinless and went to Heaven in bodily form.
If the Catholics stated that Mary went to Catholic heaven that means all of the Judaism was washed out of her. There couldn't have been even one trace of Judaism left in her body or her mind or her soul.

Silly nonsense.
tricki

Manheim, PA

#522759 Mar 19, 2014
And stretching out His hand toward His disciples, He said, "Behold My mother and My brothers! "For whoever does the will of My Father who is in heaven, he is My brother and sister and mother."
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#522760 Mar 19, 2014
OldJG wrote:
The Roman Catholic Church teaches the following about Mary:
1. Immaculate conception: She was conceived without original sin
2. She is all holy and lived a sinless life
3. She was perpetual virgin
4. She is the mother of God
5. She is the mother of the church
6. Assumption: She was taken directly to heaven after her death
7. She, with Jesus, is a co-mediator
8. She is the queen of heaven
9. She redeemed the human race with Jesus
According to the "Bible" are these statements about Mary correct?
Why don't you ask the question of your self ... "Was anything written in the bible correct ... or was it figmented in the minds of the Catholic authors?"
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#522761 Mar 19, 2014
The Roman Empire officially fell in 476 after a century of instability. Emperor Theodosius merged church and state a century before, but did not necessarily mean to make the church dominant. During the Hunnish invasions, the church appeared to many the only institution capable of saving the west. By the fall, the church assumed several governmental functions by necessity and provided the only bond for Western Europeans for centuries.

Pope Leo I dramatically increased papal authority after his encounter with Attila the Hun. Leo did not do anything especially creative in fending off the Hun. He followed precedent and paid Attila to leave. However, Attila died soon after and people credited Leo with this miracle. In the end, Leo’s miracle increased papal prestige.

As Rome fell, the papacy continued to increase its power. The Papal Estates began feeding Rome’s population. The remnants of the western government could no longer produce, transport, or distribute grain. Eventually, the government ceased to exist in the west and the eastern empire lacked the ability to help. Without help from the east, the Vatican negotiated treaties with barbarians and even hired armies to defend Rome. Instead of the legions, the Pope stood between the people and starvation and barbarian hordes.

After the fall, the church continued its missionary work. Missionaries traveled to far off lands and converted the pagans in Ireland, France, and Britain. The most famous of these missionaries, St. Patrick, merged pagan and Christian beliefs to make conversion palatable for the locals. As the church spread, it's power increased. When the Frankish warlord Clovis converted, Rome secured its greatest early medieval ally. Once the powerful converted, they became subservient to the church.

While missionaries converted the powerful and weak alike, monasteries formed and continued western civilization through record keeping. Monks were highly educated elites. The monasteries kept records, copied Bibles, and eventually turned into schools for the people. These schools became the first universities.

The church saved civilization. After the Roman Empire fell, the church stepped in and fulfilled basic governmental functions by default. As time passed, the institution’s power grew and expanded throughout Europe. Eventually, the old Roman world became the Christian world with the emperors being replaced by the papacy.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#522762 Mar 19, 2014
OldJG wrote:
Monks were highly educated elites.
Highly brain-washed.
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#522763 Mar 19, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
But do you believe in a goddess? Are you an Atheist, or are you an Agnostic?
Are you ashamed of what you believe??? Is that why you hide what you believe?
Where have I ever hidden what I believe?

Nut.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#522764 Mar 19, 2014
OldJG wrote:
The church saved civilization.
According to whom???
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#522766 Mar 19, 2014
tricki wrote:
And stretching out His hand toward His disciples, He said, "Behold My mother and My brothers! "For whoever does the will of My Father who is in heaven, he is My brother and sister and mother."
As long as he has no Judaism left in his veins as Jehovah only likes Catholics ... NOT Jews.

Bunkology
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#522767 Mar 19, 2014
Modern Jews never pronounce YHWH, and especially not "Yahweh", as it is connotated with Christendom.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_and_Titles...

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#522768 Mar 19, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Catholics stated that Mary went to Catholic heaven that means all of the Judaism was washed out of her. There couldn't have been even one trace of Judaism left in her body or her mind or her soul.
Silly nonsense.
Aaahahahahah!
Well of course!
God don't want no cathaholics in the "REAL" heaven!
I mean what would the talk be?
Burn'n folks/hang'n folks/weird sexual preferences of popes an such......I don't think so....ain't no "real" god gonna have that garbage go'n on in his "good" places..
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#522769 Mar 19, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Where have I ever hidden what I believe?
You won't answer my question, so you are hiding what you believe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 hr Mnbvc 30,865
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Wardaddy99 987,315
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Berzerkers 286,543
Anthony Bragg 3 hr Eyes open Smh 29
SEALS vs. "Green Berets"...who would win? (Jan '08) 3 hr USSF 184
I LOVE my new LG V20 smartphone!!! 6 hr Doctor REALITY 5
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 hr Seentheotherside 619,790
More from around the web