Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650852 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#522261 Mar 18, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.....2000 years of Christianity, yet 78% of the world doesn't believe, and the vast MAJORITY who claim to be christian don't practice the faith they belong to.
....In the USA today over 50 million Americans, 16%(and growing) claim no religious belief.
......the world is changing just like it always has.
i know - crazy huh?!

what part of what Jesus said don't you understand "as it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be in the end"?

i don't know about you, but them statistics you provided only make me want to be more like Noah and less like the other barbarians who forgot God and paid the price for it!

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#522262 Mar 18, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe Jesus even existed, much less came to America.
If I were to believe that Jesus existed ... to be fair, I would have to resort to believing that all other saviors in other religions also came to save the devout believers.
I write all mythical tales off as being based on nonsense. Your tales are no-doubt extremely special to you, but to a Hindu they mean nothing.
You don't want to see it from that point of view, as your lust for salvation is all important to your survival in a supposed afterlife.
'vandermark' is that german? you probably conveniently don't believe that there was a holocaust either, huh?;-)
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#522263 Mar 18, 2014
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
Your rant is missing facts evidence logical, biblical or historical to back it up.
In other words you are only blowing hot air and your words of no substance.
You can claim the sky is yellow with purple and pink dots but that don't make it so.
Your 21st century Protestant "fiction" church history books are inundated and concocted with page after page of myths, legends and "made up" stories that (neatly fit) the anti-Cathoilc agenda that is being invented and re-invented by you as well as each one" of your other 42,000 contradicting and inconsistent denomination. God is not, nor ever has been the author of your bible only Protestant confusion, disorder, chaos and disorientation. The FULLNESS of TRUTH of the gospel of Jesus Christ, has, is and will always grounded and manifested in Our Lord Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church (and no other)
Michael

Canada

#522264 Mar 18, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Matt 7:13 “Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it.
14 “For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it.
*If you look at the population of the world and those who are truly saved, the number is small. Of course you knew that eh Mike. I guess you posted your info and thought folks would be shocked but you and yours are the only ones who are shocked eh Mike.
........I post facts, you post beliefs.
...no fuss no muss.

....imagine if by chance you were born into a loving Jewish family instead of by chance into a christian family. Your loving Jewish family would read OT scriptures to you that would make sense because that would be what you we're taught to believe........and you then would believe that again you are saved by God.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#522265 Mar 18, 2014
Robert F wrote:
Peace
HELL!

{{{smiles}}}... especially while the holy ones in heaven watch the suffering ones in hell.
Michael

Canada

#522266 Mar 18, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your 21st century Protestant "fiction" church history books are inundated and concocted with page after page of myths, legends and "made up" stories that (neatly fit) the anti-Cathoilc agenda that is being invented and re-invented by you as well as each one" of your other 42,000 contradicting and inconsistent denomination. God is not, nor ever has been the author of your bible only Protestant confusion, disorder, chaos and disorientation. The FULLNESS of TRUTH of the gospel of Jesus Christ, has, is and will always grounded and manifested in Our Lord Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church (and no other)
...It was nice on this forum while you were away. You should try it again.

Prince George, Canada

#522267 Mar 18, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
'vandermark' is that german? you probably conveniently don't believe that there was a holocaust either, huh?;-)
It's a Dutch name.

And yes, I believe since Christianity began there have been many holocausts against the Jews by the Christians.

“I am now as before a Catholic and will always remain so”
[Adolph Hitler, to Gen. Gerhard Engel, 1941]

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#522268 Mar 18, 2014
Luke 10:27
He(Jesus) answered, "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and,'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

It should be noted that these are the two great commandments of Jesus, of which the first is part of the "Shema" (Hear Israel), by deduction and other Gospels.

We should always remember God is One.
Michael

Canada

#522269 Mar 18, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i know - crazy huh?!
what part of what Jesus said don't you understand "as it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be in the end"?
i don't know about you, but them statistics you provided only make me want to be more like Noah and less like the other barbarians who forgot God and paid the price for it!
.....Does it look like rain?
.....I suggest you start building an ark.......just for insurance purposes.
Michael

Canada

#522270 Mar 18, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
And I also believe from reading confessions of nuns, that there are lots of lesbians among the ranks.
Good for them that they can enjoy the relationships, and then beg Jesus to take away their ongoing "sins."
Hypocrisy is allowed ... isn't it???
...All the nuns I ever saw either looked grumpy or manly.I had a few of them in grade school.
Michael

Canada

#522271 Mar 18, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Married couples enjoy anal and oral sex.
Do you agree that "god" believes they are perverted???
Be careful now when you speak for god. If he exists he might get cranky if you just happen to GUESS the wrong answer.
You could after all mislead people.
:)
,..so do unmarried couples. Were sexual beings.

Prince George, Canada

#522272 Mar 18, 2014
If people believe they are cursed, it doesn't mean that they are cursed. It simply means they allowed others to plant that seed in their psyches.

The Native Indians taught their ideas to others in their groups that homosexuals had special gifts and that they were honorary members of their societies. Those homosexuals were lucky to be born into such a culture.

Homosexuals that were taught by bible thumpers that a god put a curse on them were not at all lucky to be born into such cultures, as many of them believed that the god not only cursed them in their lives on earth, but was also waiting to curse them again in the hereafter by rejecting them to hell for eternity.

I really believe that each time bible thumpers use words in those books to put such curses on others ... they deserve to have their fingers shocked by the very touch of each biblical page.

Maybe they would get the message that using words from a bible to throw curses at others is not nice.

Prince George, Canada

#522273 Mar 18, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...All the nuns I ever saw either looked grumpy or manly.I had a few of them in grade school.
Maybe they were grumpy at you for interfering with their sexual liaisons. I don't think they should be faulted for that.

:)

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#522274 Mar 18, 2014
Robert F wrote:
Prayer does not change God, but it changes him who prays.
Soren Kierkegaard
Peace
Yes. It tends to make fools of the most intelligent of human beings.

Location hidden

#522275 Mar 18, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it does Robert.
When you were an Atheist you believed all religion was based on fear.
But now that you again pray to a supposed god you hope in VAIN that YOU will go to heaven ... and if others are not centered in your Christian faith in Jesus ... that is just too bad for them ... RIGHT ROBERT the GREAT ... because as far as you are concerned they can spend eternity in hell???
Your religion is all about YOU!!!
You couldn't stand to be an Atheist for more than a brief interlude because being an Atheist you couldn't play your religious game of self-centered delusion.
June

Peace

What you write is an oversimplification; and a very partial, and biased analysis concerning my relationship with God, and without God, via faith.

Albeit, your opinion is your own. I have challenged its validity, I believe successfully, so I have no need to repeat myself.

Religious games can be self-centered and delusional in character. That is in part due to misunderstanding and experience being full. But in general is due to a human being, such as myself having a sinful nature. But atheists play those games as well....

Peace

Location hidden

#522276 Mar 18, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Your trash speaks not of a third gender...
This is a proven scientific fact...
There are no genes for any other gender than male and female....there are lifestyles practiced that are against nature....its a choice....they were not "born that way"....genetically....
If you have proof that negates this teaching...get back to me...
Then you have not seen the results of the latest alien skull genetic testing have you.
I doubt you would even look as it would be "forbidden" territory.

Prince George, Canada

#522277 Mar 18, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
,..so do unmarried couples. Were sexual beings.
Of course we are sexual beings. If there was no birth control ... abortion included ... there wouldn't be a place on earth to put a new baby.

However ... the parasites with their easy ways of outsmarting humans would as usual take care to keep human reproduction under control.

Many medical scientists believe we are due for another major plague. I agree.

Location hidden

#522278 Mar 18, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Your trash speaks not of a third gender...
This is a proven scientific fact...
There are no genes for any other gender than male and female....there are lifestyles practiced that are against nature....its a choice....they were not "born that way"....genetically....
If you have proof that negates this teaching...get back to me...
LOL!~
What you "know" could be contained on a 3x6 spiral pad. What you don't would take several of your "ignorant" lifetimes to even begin to assimilate.
Domt you have some "corner" you could occupy, while the rest of us try to communicate something meaningful?

Location hidden

#522279 Mar 18, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
HELL!
{{{smiles}}}... especially while the holy ones in heaven watch the suffering ones in hell.
June

Some people believe its better to take a chance before the Judge, even knowing one is guilty, than to settle, easier out of court....

Take your chance....

What you sow is what you reap. Its just that simple.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#522280 Mar 18, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your wannabe deity didn't create anything stupid.
It's a miracle yer mom and dad could from the blatant stupidity one sees in your person.
If I were either of them, I would be ashamed to say I created an entity such as yourself....and they probably are.
Spoken like a true atheist.....bring fans and cool-aid...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr River Tam 971,903
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr Demon Finder 18,667
sexy sister and my girlfriend family holiday 2 hr cool 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr Steve III 45,018
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr onemale 281,495
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 hr Rosa_Winkel 56,497
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr bad bob 183,001
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 6 hr Toby 106,105
More from around the web