Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
502,981 - 503,000 of 536,917 Comments Last updated 32 min ago

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2014

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I must have missed that post where you stated that you weren't a Wiccan. Can you find it and bring it forward to prove me wrong, and then I will apologize.
Also would you care to explain what you mean by the word truth???
I suggest that those who claim to know truth must be able to prove their claims ... not by copying other men's words from a bible.
Any fool can and many have written words in a book. THAT proves nothing.
I have said repeatedly that you make assumptions with facts not in evidence or other words to that effect. I responded that exact way with your Wiccan guess right after your guess post. Look it up.

This is NOT about being right and wrong ... one against another.

Truth. Any truth. My question was "Does one have to be a perfect creature to speak truth"?
YOU read too much in to that question June. I already told you that how one defines "truth" is NOT a prerequisite to answering the simple question if one has to be perfect to speak truth. I then gave you specific examples of varying truths.

"I suggest that those who claim to know truth must be able to prove their claims ... not by copying other men's words from a bible."
You will be providing us with a post where I claimed to know "the one and only truth" real soon now ... right June?

"Any fool can and many have written words in a book. THAT proves nothing."
Yeah ... so?
You put faith in words written by supposed "knowers of historical truth" June. The words in your books are no different in how YOU accept them as "truth". You do that because you are not seeking truth, you are seeking anything that you think supports your foregone conclusions.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2014

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are lying. My whole point is ... I DON'T own universal knowledge. I have opinions ... that is ALL.
I am, am I?

To make a statement,(which you have done), that nowhere does there exist a thing in the universe ... one has to have universal knowledge to make that a true statement June.

Tis you who has swallowed an assumption (you now call it an opinion) which is based on an impossible premise to prove June ... not me.

What would one offer as empirical evidence to prove your position that something does not exist? Nothing?

Again. What does science say about religon June?
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2014

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really believe Jesus is going say John is greater than his own mother? Or greater than Himself? Both Jesus and Mary were born of woman..
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
You tell me Clay..Here is Christ's words:
28 I tell you, among those born of women none is greater than John.
In that big huge brain of yours, what does NONE mean in the text?
Chuck, well said. Clay had a lobotomy and has a tough time following these tough questions.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2014

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
There is not a word on earth written by the supposed savior Jesus.
He must have been a REAL dummy as he had to have the Catholics tell all his stories in their supposed new testament over three hundred years after his death.
TINK about it you FOOL!
"There is not a word on earth written by the supposed savior Jesus."
Really? Can you prove that? Nope. False premise. Requires universal knowledge to make that statement. You do not possess universal knowledge June. You said so yourself.
Try again.

"you FOOL'?
Really? You just made a very foolish statement yourself June.

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2014

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
I have said repeatedly that you make assumptions with facts not in evidence or other words to that effect. I responded that exact way with your Wiccan guess right after your guess post. Look it up.
Bring it forward that you admitted you were not Wiccan, and then I will apologize for missing the post.

If you can't be bothered then you deserve no apology and no credibility either.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2014

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
"There is not a word on earth written by the supposed savior Jesus."
Really? Can you prove that? Nope..
The fact is that neither Catholic, Gnostic or Protestant make any claims that they have even one word written in first person by Jesus.

Common sense should make it plain that If they thought they had any hand-writing by Jesus they would be bragging those claims all over the earth.

Even THEY have their limits to how stupid they will go to insinuate that Jesus lived.

I have my opinions. I don't have proof of anything.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2014

OldJG wrote:
Liam wrote:
< Both Jesus and Mary were born of woman..
<quoted text>
And according to Catholic theologians, they were both born into Judaism and later became traitors to the Jews.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2014

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact is that neither Catholic, Gnostic or Protestant make any claims that they have even one word written in first person by Jesus.
Common sense should make it plain that If they thought they had any hand-writing by Jesus they would be bragging those claims all over the earth.
Even THEY have their limits to how stupid they will go to insinuate that Jesus lived.
I have my opinions. I don't have proof of anything.
Grams..you say folks who believe in God and all the stories of Jesus are fools.

You mom and dad believe, were they fools?

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2014

All the human Jewish grandparents of both Mary and Jesus would have been very disappointed in the behavior of their offspring.

Leaving Judaism for Catholicism was nasty behavior.

And to flaunt it all over earth by having statues and pictures hanging in Catholic churches shows no regard for Judaism, or the Jewish ancestors.

What a shame!

Tongue in cheek

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2014

I wonder who Jesus' grandparent on his father's side would have been.

It certainly wouldn't have been that god ADONAI's father, as according to all the rumors in the sky, ADONAI has stayed faithful to the Jews to this very day.

tongue in cheek

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2014

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Grams..you say folks who believe in God and all the stories of Jesus are fools.
You mom and dad believe, were they fools?
To me they were loving parents, but they were fooled by theologians to believe nonsense.

First my father was fooled by the Catholics, and then he was later fooled by the men of the Rosicrucian order. My mother was fooled by the Lutherans.

They were just two among many who were sucked in to the "charm" by the word-"usage" of the cunning, arrogant theologians.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2014

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Again. What does science say about religon June?
The scientists in the Vatican say whatever the pope wants them to say. If they didn't say there is a God, they would be out of work.

Ancient scientists had to fit their science to the religion of those in power, or die.

Scientists are simply human, trying to make the most out of life without too many hassles coming their way.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2014

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
To me they were loving parents, but they were fooled by theologians to believe nonsense.
First my father was fooled by the Catholics, and then he was later fooled by the men of the Rosicrucian order. My mother was fooled by the Lutherans.
They were just two among many who were sucked in to the "charm" by the word-"usage" of the cunning, arrogant theologians.
Grams...you said those who believe in God and the stories of Jesus are fools.

Your mom and dad believed..were they fools too?

Don't need a speech ....just answer the question

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2014

There is nothing to be ashamed of in admitting being fooled by theologians.

They were masters at frightening people out of their minds and in turn driving many to suicide.

I don't mind admitting that they had me fooled in some ways for most of my life. But the last four, almost five years of my life have been the best of all, because I am free at last from all religion.

I no longer believe that the best part of my being (spirit) is off in heaven with a god.

I believe I am whole ... just as I am. What a relief.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2014

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
you said those who believe in God and the stories of Jesus are fools.
Your mom and dad believed..were they fools too?
Of course. I was also a fool to theology when I was under the spell of religion. I was fooled into believing that a god perceived human animals as being special ... which I now believe is very silly in deed.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2014

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course. I was also a fool to theology when I was under the spell of religion. I was fooled into believing that a god perceived human animals as being special ... which I now believe is very silly in deed.
I would never call my mom and dad fools, no matter what they believed.

You must have been a wonderful daughter. No wonder you're alone

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2014

It doesn't take much study of history to perceive that the philosophers had their own "scientific" illusions that they preached as being based on truth.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

From the book, Eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven … Uta Ranke-Heinemann

Hippocrates describes the fate of a young man who died insane after a twenty-four day illness that began with a simple upset stomach. Previously he had indulged in sexual pleasure (Epidemics III, 18). Hippocrates thought that man (the male) gave the body the greatest amount of energy by withholding his semen led to tabes dorslis and death. Sexual activity was a dangerous drain on one’s energy. Soranus of Ephesus (second century A.D.), personal physician of Emperor Hadrian considered continual virginity salubrious. The only justification for sexual activity was the begetting of posterity. Soranus describes the harmful effects of going beyond the bounds of procreation.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2014

I wonder at what point in history those who preached their religion as truth stopped referring to their selves as philosophers and took on the lofty title of theologian as though it meant that they knew truth?

That word theologian does not mean what they want you to believe it means. The dictionary explains it as the study of religion.

Huge difference!

I suggest they are still and always will be simple-minded "philosophers."

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2014

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I would never call my mom and dad fools, no matter what they believed.
I am not referring to them as fools. I am stating that they were fooled, as I was fooled.

If you now stay under the spell of religion I will refer to you as an active, willing, fool, because now that you know better you can do better.

When you didn't know better, you COULDN'T do better.

To claim that all the other saviors are fake and yours is real ... is you playing the part of an active fool.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2014

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
It makes you feel superior to believe that ... doesn't it???

I adored my parents and they knew it, as I showed them with everything in my power that they were important to me.

And I am NOT alone. Even if all other humans turned against me, I would still not be alone, because I feel whole within.

You and your religion can't take that away from me ... no matter how much you try.

It's just too bad that so many homosexuals couldn't have seen through those in religion to know their real aims were to deprive others of self-worth so that those in religion could feel superior.

What a shame.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 10 min CunningLinguist 225,602
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min Double Fine 729,794
liston is here and still dancing wilth new pro... (May '13) 17 min paul selere 9
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 19 min superwilly 2,168
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 25 min 1859Petesake 117,757
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Epiphany2 599,519
want to exchange sexstories by facebook? 1 hr gabrielfrench 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Porkpie Hat 259,089
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 13 hr Just 103
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 15 hr anonymous 143

Search the Top Stories Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••