Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 600165 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Liam

Grand Forks, ND

#521100 Mar 14, 2014
OldJG wrote:
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really believe Jesus is going say John is greater than his own mother? Or greater than Himself? Both Jesus and Mary were born of woman..
<quoted text>
Chuck, well said. Clay had a lobotomy and has a tough time following these tough questions.
Read Luke 7 in its entirety. Then do the same to Mathew 11. Do you honestly believe Jesus is 'switching gears' and making a broad statement about John? He's talking about prophets. Then he says "the least in the Kingdom of Heaven is greater than he". That's us.(Well, I'm not exactly sure about you).
The Kingdom of Heaven is now. Jesus said "Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven."
The new covenant, especially the supper of the Lamb, puts us into a greatness that none of the ancient prophets got to experience, including John the Baptist.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#521101 Mar 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It makes you feel superior to believe that ... doesn't it???
I adored my parents and they knew it, as I showed them with everything in my power that they were important to me.
And I am NOT alone. Even if all other humans turned against me, I would still not be alone, because I feel whole within.
You and your religion can't take that away from me ... no matter how much you try.
It's just too bad that so many homosexuals couldn't have seen through those in religion to know their real aims were to deprive others of self-worth so that those in religion could feel superior.
What a shame.
They get hurt because you don't believe their delusion.

So they read things into your words and post things to hurt you.

That is because they know deep inside that their delusion makes no sense.

Forgive them.

Ramen
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#521102 Mar 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
No they don't, and that is the problem. They believe their own GOD is real and all other gods in other religions ARE delusions.
If they truly believed, would they be getting so angry at those who doesn't buy into their delusion?

Would you get angry if someone says that the earth is square?

Of course not. You are comfortable in your belief otherwise. You KNOW that's absurd. Mankind has all the proof needed.

Deep inside, they have serious doubts. So they go through the motions. Really, who gives away their wealth to follow Jesus?

Very, very few.

Better yet, who here even attempts to post in a manner that might be pleasing to their god Jesus?
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#521103 Mar 14, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Is saying that you are a deceitful idiot the same as saying that you are being a deceitful idiot?
Try putting things in proper context if you are really seeking truth.
I DID say the words "you are a deceitful idiot". Does that mean I called you an idiot?
Deceitful idiot???

Why don't you stop babbling and tell us what's bothering you?

I think you are jealous because I have the one true God.

Ramen
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#521104 Mar 14, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it soooooo important to you that others believe as you do?
You are projecting.

I don't care what you believe. I am simply stating a proven fact. Mine is the one true God.

Why does that bother you?

Ramen
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#521105 Mar 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert F pictures his self as a diamond in the rough. God's jewel, ready for a wonderful reward in the afterlife, "'simply' for having faith ... blah, blah, blah."
I think you missed his diamond analogy.

Come to the lite Junith. The deluded need your guidance.

Their anger is a cry for help. "Help us June" they cry out, in post after post.

But you only see the anger, not the need. Yes, the need for you Junith.

Ramen
Liam

Grand Forks, ND

#521106 Mar 14, 2014
Ohgee and chuck:

1chronicles 17: 12
"I will raise up your offspring after you, one of your own sons, and mine will establish his kingdom.

Daniel 7:27
"And the kingdom and the dominion and the greatness of the kingdoms under the whole Heaven, shall be given to the saints of the most high; there Kingdom shall be an everlasting Kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey them"

Daniel 4:3
"His kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and his dominion is from generation to generation"

Mathew 3:2
"Repent, for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand"

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#521107 Mar 14, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.....Ask any Jew who was John the Baptist, they will claim they know nothing about him.......and yet he was suppose to be a Jew like them.
..,How could someone who was a devout Jew, john baptist, baptize someone into catholicism........not to forget Catholicism had not yet been
Invented.
.....What would have happened if Jesus was out of town the day John baptist came through?
.....during this era there many Jewish/roman writers, scribes, government officials, philosophers, who wrote about issues of the day. Not one writing of a Jesus, Mary, Joseph, 12 apostles, john baptist. Only Christians believe they existed as who they claimed to be.
......something is terribly wrong.
The old testament was written by disgruntled Jews already trying to start a new religion.

They were the ones that came up with the idea that Jewish apostles predicted the coming of a savior.

Jews that started the original one-god dogma wrote into the dogmas that they were ADONAI's chosen few. They had no need for a savior.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#521108 Mar 14, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
If they truly believed, would they be getting so angry at those who doesn't buy into their delusion?
Would you get angry if someone says that the earth is square?
Of course not. You are comfortable in your belief otherwise. You KNOW that's absurd. Mankind has all the proof needed.
Deep inside, they have serious doubts. So they go through the motions. Really, who gives away their wealth to follow Jesus?
Very, very few.
Better yet, who here even attempts to post in a manner that might be pleasing to their god Jesus?
They are angry because they want to believe that their assessment of religion is not only right ... but very righteous in deed.

No I wouldn't get angry if they swore that the world was square. After all some devout believers still believe that the earth is flat. "The Flat Earth Society."

:)
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

https://www.google.ca/#q=The+flat+earth+socie...

Vanderhoof, Canada

#521109 Mar 14, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
They get hurt because you don't believe their delusion.
So they read things into your words and post things to hurt you.
That is because they know deep inside that their delusion makes no sense.
Forgive them.
Ramen
There's nothing to forgive.

I've been called every vile name in the book since I started posting on these threads. I take it all as part of the milieu, and find humor in it to boot.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#521110 Mar 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I've read your sermons concerning how others don't live up to your self-perceived high standards.
Having been subjected to the arrogance of preachers most of my life, your sermon didn't move me to follow in your footsteps.
lol! you're about the preachiest, most opinionated person i ever came across in all of topix!

prob is, you're also about the most wounded and jaded as well so you definetly are NOT objective!

Vanderhoof, Canada

#521111 Mar 14, 2014
From the book "History of the United States," by charles A. Beard and Mary R. Beard ... published 1923 ... comes the following........

Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826) author of America’s Declaration of Independance, influenced the French Revolution with his political and religious ideas. He was the author of the “Statute of Virginia for Religious Freedom,” adopted in 1786, and his deistic views of religion helped establish reason as a popular authority.

Jefferson’s Deism

But those facts in the Bible which contradict the laws of nature, must be examined with more care, and under a variety of faces. Here you must recur to the pretensions of the writer to inspiration from God. Examine upon what evidence his pretensions are founded, and whether that evidence is so strong, as that its falsehood would be more improbable than a change in the laws of nature, in the case he relates. For example, in the book of Joshua, we are told, that the sun stood still several hours. Examine, therefore, candidly, what evidence there is of his having been inspired. The pretension is entitled to your enquiry, because millions believe it. On the other hand, you are astronomer enough to know how contrary it is to the law of nature that a body revolving on its axis, as the earth does, should have stopped, should not, by that sudden stoppage, have prostrated animals, trees buildings and should after a certain time have resumed its revolution, and that without a second general prostration. Is this arrest of the earth’s motion, or the evidence which affirms it, most within the law of probabilities?

Do not be frightened from this inquiry by any fear of consequences. If it ends in belief that there is no God, you will find incitements to virtue in the comfort and pleasantness you feel in its exercise, and the love of others which it will procure you.
Liam

Grand Forks, ND

#521112 Mar 14, 2014
OldJG wrote:
In contrast, Mary said that God is her Savior.(Luke 1:47) If God was her Savior, then Mary was not sinless. Sinless people do not need a Savior.
Actually, Mary needed to be saved allot more than you and I, for obvious reasons... she was going to be the new ark of the covenant to bring the word of God- made flesh- to the world. Her saving was special and happened at the moment of her conception. God already knew her role before she was born......and from everything we know of God, He doesn't like sin. He's completely opposite of sin
.He can't combine with sin to create the perfect manifestation of Himself. So He saved her because He could. He's God.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#521113 Mar 14, 2014
You can see in the above article that Thomas Jefferson's common sense alerted his conscience that something was desperately wrong with the "science" in concern with the men of religion.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.

Thomas Jefferson
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#521114 Mar 14, 2014
OldJG wrote:
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really believe Jesus is going say John is greater than his own mother? Or greater than Himself? Both Jesus and Mary were born of woman..
<quoted text>
Chuck, well said. Clay had a lobotomy and has a tough time following these tough questions.
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Read Luke 7 in its entirety. Then do the same to Mathew 11. Do you honestly believe Jesus is 'switching gears' and making a broad statement about John? He's talking about prophets. Then he says "the least in the Kingdom of Heaven is greater than he". That's us.(Well, I'm not exactly sure about you).
The Kingdom of Heaven is now. Jesus said "Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven."
The new covenant, especially the supper of the Lamb, puts us into a greatness that none of the ancient prophets got to experience, including John the Baptist.
Nice spin and nice try but just another Roman Catholic spoof to undermine the word of God and glorify Mary.

Cly said, quote, "The Kingdom of Heaven is now. Jesus said "Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven." End quote.

Matthew 6:10, "Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven."

Jesus said "your kingdom come" not "your kingdom came". The word come is future tense not present tense. Did you go to English class?

Cly said, quote, "Then he says "the least in the Kingdom of Heaven is greater than he". That's us.(Well, I'm not exactly sure about you)." End quote.

Matthew 11:11, "Truly, I say to you, among those born of women there has arisen no one greater than John the Baptist. Yet the one who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he."

Cly, you are reading and comprehension challenged. Jesus said, "Yet the one who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he." Jesus is telling us that although John is the greatest human ever born to a woman the twice born, those who have accepted Him as Lord and Savior, make up the kingdom of heaven and they are all greater than John.

Cly, you are certainly not included in the kingdom of heaven if you have placed your faith in the Roman Catholic church and not the Lord Jesus Christ.

Cly said, quote, "The new covenant, especially the supper of the Lamb, puts us into a greatness that none of the ancient prophets got to experience, including John the Baptist." End quote.

Dense is the word that comes to mind when I think of you. Apparently you have never read the book of the Revelation. Do Roman Catholics believe the "supper of the Lamb" occurs when they eat the Jesus cookie and drink the wine/blood. This re-sacrifice of Jesus has been coined "transubstantiation" by the Roman Catholic church. Is that what you are suggesting Cly? LOL LOL LOL

Revelation 19:7-10, 6 "Then I heard what seemed to be the voice of a great multitude, like the roar of many waters and like the sound of mighty peals of thunder, crying out,“Hallelujah!
For the Lord our God the Almighty reigns. 7 Let us rejoice and exult and give him the glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and his Bride has made herself ready; 8 it was granted her to clothe herself with fine linen, bright and pure”—for the fine linen is the righteous deeds of the saints. 9 And the angel said to me,“Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.” And he said to me,“These are the true words of God.” 10 Then I fell down at his feet to worship him, but he said to me,“You must not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers who hold to the testimony of Jesus. Worship God.” For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy."

Vanderhoof, Canada

#521115 Mar 14, 2014
On the other hand, all those Politicians back then knew that if they stated they were Atheists or even Agnostics, they would have been cast out of all circles immediately and vilified as offenders of "God."

And the same fits today.

Politicians (for the most part) have to claim they are Christian, or they will miss the boat ... er I should state that they will miss the "VOTE."

Vanderhoof, Canada

#521116 Mar 14, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
lol! you're about the preachiest, most opinionated person i ever came across in all of topix!
prob is, you're also about the most wounded and jaded as well so you definetly are NOT objective!
Are you objective in the attitude that the one god favors Jews or Muslims ... not Christians?

"NO," you say???

I didn't think so.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#521117 Mar 14, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
....You must like Junes posts, because you read them.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#521118 Mar 14, 2014
Politicians in Muslim dominated cultures must claim to be Muslim.

We might claim in Canada and the United States that we don't favor one religious party over another ... but that is a lie.

Which Christian in her/his frame of mind would vote for a Muslim faithful to Islam, or a Hindu faithful to Hinduism as the Prime Minister of Canada, or the President of the United States.

Come on now ... be honest!

Vanderhoof, Canada

#521119 Mar 14, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, Mary needed to be saved allot more than you and I, for obvious reasons... she was going to be the new ark of the covenant to bring the word of God- made flesh- to the world.
Within wacked out theology, do you honestly believe that Mary had to become a Catholic to save the people of the world?

You are as arrogant as Ann Coulter, the Protestant nitwit, who claims that Christians are perfected Jews ... of all the stupid nonsense.

That means that had Jesus stayed faithful to Judaism he could not have been "perfected."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min Aura Mytha 865,892
The Christian Atheist debate 1 min Critical Eye 2,081
pijat pasutri bali (Apr '13) 1 min dheka 54
Middle aged man prefers wearing women's PANTIES 38 min licketyslit54 1
Christianity is fading away... 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 12
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Student 40,901
CYD Dendritic Polymers-Wastewater Treatment Mat... 1 hr cytanzhi 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr onemale 272,439
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) Sun Victoria Bologna 7,504
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) Sun andy 45
More from around the web