Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 542,009
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#521052 Mar 14, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
I assume you thought there was a point in there somewhere.
Oh wait ... now I see it. Your point is that improper speech is but one of the mediocre goals of achievment you have attained for yourself. OK.
Are your goals "mediocre" or "superior" ... according to you???

I really don't care about grammar being superior or mediocre. If I comprehend what the person is trying to get across in meaning that's all that matters to me.

I'm not a linguist, nor do I pretend to be one.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#521053 Mar 14, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
God is with out beginning or end!
But you don't believe that the supposed god had any value until he supported your Christian religion ... RIGHT???

When his name was ADONAI and he loved only the Jews as his chosen few, he was of no USE to you.

Am I right???

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#521054 Mar 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You stated that spirituality is not the same as religion.
That was the beginning of your sermon.
And it is not by chance that your avatar is "Aquarius."
When I suggest that you might be Wiccan, you didn't come back and say "I am NOT a Wiccan, and I thought that to be a "telling" point.
Yes, I stated that. It is true. You have no counter and know it is true. You proceed to assume that is the start of a sermon. I hoped it would be a start of a discussion. You are not interested in discussion apparently, as that would keep you from delivering your own sermon June.

You are correct the avatar was not by chance. It was chosen. Your assumptions as to why are so far off it is giving me a chuckle.

You guessed Wiccan.
I said that you were incorrect June. You fail to listen.

Your "telling points" are based on your "either/or" position and there are always more possibilities then you dream of June. You are a victim of your own single plane linear thinking.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#521055 Mar 14, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really believe Jesus is going say John is greater than his own mother? Or greater than Himself? Both Jesus and Mary were born of woman..
You tell me Clay..Here is Christ's words:

28 I tell you, among those born of women none is greater than John.

In that big huge brain of yours, what does NONE mean in the text?

Vanderhoof, Canada

#521056 Mar 14, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
"All words exist."
Yes June. All words exist ... including all the ones you have yet to discover. Does a word not exist, simply because you have not seen, heard, or learned it's meaning?
Or.
Do those words exist even though you are ignorant to their being and essence?
You are funny.

Martin Luther coined the word "Theologaster" and it could have caught on as a useful word had he had the humility to use it on his self. But his arrogance got in the way ... so the word fell into disuse. But I am trying to bring it back to life, as I perceive the word as being very useful in explaining the arrogance of theologians.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Theologian

late 15c., from Old French theologien (14c.); see theology. A petty or paltry theologist is a theologaster (1620s), coined in Medieval Latin by Martin Luther (1518).

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php...

Location hidden

#521057 Mar 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't care about grammar being superior or mediocre. If I comprehend what the person is trying to get across in meaning that's all that matters to me.
I'm not a linguist, nor do I pretend to be one.
Yes. However, you pretend to have universal knowledge. That's so laughable it's sad.
Again I ask you June. Are you a student of science? What does science say about your assumptions?

Vanderhoof, Canada

#521058 Mar 14, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
There is not a word on earth written by the supposed savior Jesus.

He must have been a REAL dummy as he had to have the Catholics tell all his stories in their supposed new testament over three hundred years after his death.

TINK about it you FOOL!

Location hidden

#521059 Mar 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
They are superior to yours as I do not make such stupid claims like "perfection does not exist therefor I do not strive for it. It is an illusion." (paraphrased).

Your own stated goals are to be nice IF I can manage it at the time. And pull others from their safe zones .... in exchange for what? You offer them nothing but death.

I say that to strive to rise above mediocrity is a superior goal to yours, which is just hanging around and making fun of others and their beliefs ... apparently.

Location hidden

#521060 Mar 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are funny.
Martin Luther coined the word "Theologaster" and it could have caught on as a useful word had he had the humility to use it on his self. But his arrogance got in the way ... so the word fell into disuse. But I am trying to bring it back to life, as I perceive the word as being very useful in explaining the arrogance of theologians.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>
Theologian
late 15c., from Old French theologien (14c.); see theology. A petty or paltry theologist is a theologaster (1620s), coined in Medieval Latin by Martin Luther (1518).
http://www.etymonline.com/index.php...
And your point would be ... what? June.
That words rise and fall as times change? Oh that's nice. What else ya got?

Vanderhoof, Canada

#521061 Mar 14, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I stated that. It is true. You have no counter and know it is true. You proceed to assume that is the start of a sermon. I hoped it would be a start of a discussion. You are not interested in discussion apparently, as that would keep you from delivering your own sermon June.
You are correct the avatar was not by chance. It was chosen. Your assumptions as to why are so far off it is giving me a chuckle.
You guessed Wiccan.
I said that you were incorrect June. You fail to listen.
Your "telling points" are based on your "either/or" position and there are always more possibilities then you dream of June. You are a victim of your own single plane linear thinking.
I must have missed that post where you stated that you weren't a Wiccan. Can you find it and bring it forward to prove me wrong, and then I will apologize.

Also would you care to explain what you mean by the word truth???

I suggest that those who claim to know truth must be able to prove their claims ... not by copying other men's words from a bible.

Any fool can and many have written words in a book. THAT proves nothing.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#521062 Mar 14, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. However, you pretend to have universal knowledge.
You are lying. My whole point is ... I DON'T own universal knowledge. I have opinions ... that is ALL.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#521063 Mar 14, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a student of science?
I am a student of all subjects.

Theology means to study religion ... it does not mean to assume that one has answers.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#521064 Mar 14, 2014
Arthur Eddington was the scientist that proved Einstein's theory of relativity as making the most sense to the scientists of his era.

Arthur was a Quaker and didn't appreciate the spotlight as did Einstein. Because of his desire for anonymity, most people probably are not familiar with the name Arthur Eddington.

Up until his death, Arthur Eddington struggled to make sense of his religion in conjunction with science. Apparently he died still being pulled between the two.

Einstein on the other hand became an Atheist before his death.
Liam

United States

#521065 Mar 14, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know the Catholic Church installed chapters and verses for you, but you really need to blotch them out sometimes.
Read the Bible as a whole, without verse verse verse.. You can't isolate Luke 28 as if its a separate "word of God" and claim that Jesus just gave a blanket statement that ironically would include him, "born of women". Dust Storm gave a nice post with a great link, if you're interested.
You and ohgee will go through any lengths to belittle the Mother of the Lord.
The whole point if that passage

Vanderhoof, Canada

#521067 Mar 14, 2014
Christians most certainly believe that there is one God.

They just don' t believe that "HE" served any other humans helpings of truth until Christians came on the religious scene.

Ain't that the most arrogant claims EVER???

Well ... not really!

The Jews had the same attitude when they wrote that their monotheistic GOD chose only them as his favorites.

Ego and religion is a dynamic mixture. Truth ... if it exists, seems to be another matter.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#521068 Mar 14, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I know the Catholic Church installed chapters and verses for you, but you really need to blotch them out sometimes.
Read the Bible as a whole, without verse verse verse.. You can't isolate Luke 28 as if its a separate "word of God" and claim that Jesus just gave a blanket statement that ironically would include him, "born of women". Dust Storm gave a nice post with a great link, if you're interested.
You and ohgee will go through any lengths to belittle the Mother of the Lord.
The whole point if that passage
I see...so should catholics read John 6 as a whole to see the context or should they just concentrate on a few verses when Jesus talks about His body and blood?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#521069 Mar 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
There is not a word on earth written by the supposed savior Jesus.
He must have been a REAL dummy as he had to have the Catholics tell all his stories in their supposed new testament over three hundred years after his death.
TINK about it you FOOL!
So your mommy and daddy were fools too Grams?

Location hidden

#521070 Mar 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I must have missed that post where you stated that you weren't a Wiccan. Can you find it and bring it forward to prove me wrong, and then I will apologize.
Also would you care to explain what you mean by the word truth???
I suggest that those who claim to know truth must be able to prove their claims ... not by copying other men's words from a bible.
Any fool can and many have written words in a book. THAT proves nothing.
I have said repeatedly that you make assumptions with facts not in evidence or other words to that effect. I responded that exact way with your Wiccan guess right after your guess post. Look it up.

This is NOT about being right and wrong ... one against another.

Truth. Any truth. My question was "Does one have to be a perfect creature to speak truth"?
YOU read too much in to that question June. I already told you that how one defines "truth" is NOT a prerequisite to answering the simple question if one has to be perfect to speak truth. I then gave you specific examples of varying truths.

"I suggest that those who claim to know truth must be able to prove their claims ... not by copying other men's words from a bible."
You will be providing us with a post where I claimed to know "the one and only truth" real soon now ... right June?

"Any fool can and many have written words in a book. THAT proves nothing."
Yeah ... so?
You put faith in words written by supposed "knowers of historical truth" June. The words in your books are no different in how YOU accept them as "truth". You do that because you are not seeking truth, you are seeking anything that you think supports your foregone conclusions.

Location hidden

#521071 Mar 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are lying. My whole point is ... I DON'T own universal knowledge. I have opinions ... that is ALL.
I am, am I?

To make a statement,(which you have done), that nowhere does there exist a thing in the universe ... one has to have universal knowledge to make that a true statement June.

Tis you who has swallowed an assumption (you now call it an opinion) which is based on an impossible premise to prove June ... not me.

What would one offer as empirical evidence to prove your position that something does not exist? Nothing?

Again. What does science say about religon June?
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#521072 Mar 14, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really believe Jesus is going say John is greater than his own mother? Or greater than Himself? Both Jesus and Mary were born of woman..
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Chuck, well said. Clay had a lobotomy and has a tough time following these tough questions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Stilgar Fifrawi 738,495
Time to FIRE Mark Pryor !???? 5 min Doctor REALITY 3
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 6 min WasteWater 95,398
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 11 min Johnny 3,034
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 14 min Innocent Holy dr ... 33,042
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 14 min WasteWater 4,459
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 18 min WasteWater 259,107
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 28 min Innocent Holy dr ... 600,976
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr gto 173,632
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••