Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 590357 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#521036 Mar 14, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
"his self"? again?
The first two times, you said it was the author's mistake.
The term "his self" might not fit with you, but then neither does my term bunkology fit with those that treasure their religious dogmas.

I'm not here to please your lust for proper grammar, or spirituality.

New words and phrases appear at regular intervals.

The word "truthiness" is but one example.
truth

Perth, Australia

#521037 Mar 14, 2014
you not tell me

I please you before!
Why this people not except they going back as old civilization exist before?
Did they are aware?

Vanderhoof, Canada

#521038 Mar 14, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
"I don't believe in the word perfection"
Yet it exists. Interesting.
>
Content concerning the meaning of perfection.

All words exist.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#521039 Mar 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
So according to Christian theologians, the creator attached his spirit to the spirit of Adam and Eve ... knowing ahead of time that his spirit was going to be tarnished by their sin, and that they were going to keep multiplying the sin?
Why would any god in his right mind WANT his own spirit tarnished, when he could have avoided such a catastrophe???
And why would the supposed creator create non-human animals to suffer when they had never "sinned?"
If you don't wake up, others can't do it for you.
Why would you, as the self appoionted architect of your own life, create imperfection as the ultimate goal for yourself?
Why do you suppose you have free will June?
What makes you think that animals are perfect and without blemish? Why do you assign these human constructs onto the other animals, when you yourself are an animal? Perhaps you should look at you through their eyes June. What would they see in you?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#521040 Mar 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course! But I'm not here to force others against their wills with the threat of death or eternal damnation if they don't believe as I believe.
I'm here to try to encourage them that as did I, they can also escape religion if that is their choice.
Why do you care?

Location hidden

#521041 Mar 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course! But I'm not here to force others against their wills with the threat of death or eternal damnation if they don't believe as I believe.
I'm here to try to encourage them that as did I, they can also escape religion if that is their choice.
Escape religon? OK, let's go with that.
You still have yet to address my previous query concerning the fact that you appear to think that religon and spirituality are one and the same.
They are not. One is left to wonder why you look at an apple and say that an orange does not exist.

Location hidden

#521042 Mar 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I see. So your browbeating and name calling and condesending attitude toward others here is the exact opposite of what they do?
You ARE here to force others into your brand of submission June. Stop fooling yourself. Your religon is as toxic as any you presume to destroy.

Location hidden

#521043 Mar 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Was it by chance YOUR head shaking in disbelief that I would not place faith in your sermon concerning spirituality?
:)
Take that fcuking beam out of your eye June and try reading ONLY what is written by me. You lay the sins of others at my feet and presume you know what I will say next and from where I am coming. That is immature behavior on your part and certainly is the very definbition of intellectual dishonesty.

I shook my head in disbelief because you are so flailing all over the place in your hatred of people in your past, that you do not strive for perfection, but apparently mere mediocrity is the pinnacle for you. That mediocrity shows in all your posts. You have not thought this through. Maybe when your anger and hatred of your fellow man subsides that will change.

Location hidden

#521044 Mar 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
All words exist.
Yes. And so do the things that words describe or define.
Perfection exists June.
A nothing but net shot on the hard court is perfection June. A hole in one, is perfection.
You throw words and accusations out like you are tossing grain to the chickens ... haphazardly and helter skelter. You regurgitate what you read somwewhere as if it is the gospel itself, and avoid looking within to calm that anger and hatred that boils inside you. You use that anger and strike out at those you do not know and have not heard.

Location hidden

#521045 Mar 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
All words exist.
"All words exist."

Yes June. All words exist ... including all the ones you have yet to discover. Does a word not exist, simply because you have not seen, heard, or learned it's meaning?
Or.
Do those words exist even though you are ignorant to their being and essence?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#521046 Mar 14, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
When did time begin?
Is time a straight line one directional thing?
God is with out beginning or end!

God is not bound by time.

Psalm 93:2

2 Your throne was established long ago;
you are from all eternity.

Location hidden

#521047 Mar 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The term "his self" might not fit with you, but then neither does my term bunkology fit with those that treasure their religious dogmas.
I'm not here to please your lust for proper grammar, or spirituality.
New words and phrases appear at regular intervals.
The word "truthiness" is but one example.
I assume you thought there was a point in there somewhere.
Oh wait ... now I see it. Your point is that improper speech is but one of the mediocre goals of achievment you have attained for yourself. OK.

Location hidden

#521048 Mar 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Was it by chance YOUR head shaking in disbelief that I would not place faith in your sermon concerning spirituality?
:)
June, would you please be so kind as to point out where this phantom "sermon concerning spirituality" of mine is located?
I am simply asking you questions June, as it is obvious you have yet to seriously address them for yourself.
You have no clue what my beliefs are June. You are guessing and flailing and accusing. But you are NOT discussing. Tis you who is on the pulpit June. I am simply seeing if you qualify to be there, and have the deep thought and ponderance needed to preach to anyone.
Liam

United States

#521049 Mar 14, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really believe that a catholic is going to admit that John was greater than Mary??
Thanks for the article though
Do you really believe Jesus is going say John is greater than his own mother? Or greater than Himself? Both Jesus and Mary were born of woman..

Vanderhoof, Canada

#521050 Mar 14, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
June, would you please be so kind as to point out where this phantom "sermon concerning spirituality" of mine is located?
I am simply asking you questions June, as it is obvious you have yet to seriously address them for yourself.
You have no clue what my beliefs are June. You are guessing and flailing and accusing. But you are NOT discussing. Tis you who is on the pulpit June. I am simply seeing if you qualify to be there, and have the deep thought and ponderance needed to preach to anyone.
You stated that spirituality is not the same as religion.

That was the beginning of your sermon.

And it is not by chance that your avatar is "Aquarius."

When I suggest that you might be Wiccan, you didn't come back and say "I am NOT a Wiccan, and I thought that to be a "telling" point.

Location hidden

#521051 Mar 14, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Does one have to be a perfect creature in order to speak truth?
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
First, I want you to explain what you believe is the meaning of the word truth.
Oh, you wish to play games now June?
1. It is a simple yes or no question June.
2. What one perceives to be "truth" is irrelevant to answering the question.
3. OK, you wish to play the "you first" game....
How many truths are there June? Is there but one truth June?

How about this June?
You assume my avatar is there to imply my spirituality. Truth is ... you are incorrect.
You assume I am Wiccan. The truth is ... you are incorrect.
You accuse me of some nonexistant sermon concerning spirituality. The truth is ... it does not exist, and you are incorrect.
You think me some sort of Bible thumping tent show preacher. The truth is that is laughable, and again you are incorrect.
How about that for what truth is?

Vanderhoof, Canada

#521052 Mar 14, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
I assume you thought there was a point in there somewhere.
Oh wait ... now I see it. Your point is that improper speech is but one of the mediocre goals of achievment you have attained for yourself. OK.
Are your goals "mediocre" or "superior" ... according to you???

I really don't care about grammar being superior or mediocre. If I comprehend what the person is trying to get across in meaning that's all that matters to me.

I'm not a linguist, nor do I pretend to be one.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#521053 Mar 14, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
God is with out beginning or end!
But you don't believe that the supposed god had any value until he supported your Christian religion ... RIGHT???

When his name was ADONAI and he loved only the Jews as his chosen few, he was of no USE to you.

Am I right???

Location hidden

#521054 Mar 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You stated that spirituality is not the same as religion.
That was the beginning of your sermon.
And it is not by chance that your avatar is "Aquarius."
When I suggest that you might be Wiccan, you didn't come back and say "I am NOT a Wiccan, and I thought that to be a "telling" point.
Yes, I stated that. It is true. You have no counter and know it is true. You proceed to assume that is the start of a sermon. I hoped it would be a start of a discussion. You are not interested in discussion apparently, as that would keep you from delivering your own sermon June.

You are correct the avatar was not by chance. It was chosen. Your assumptions as to why are so far off it is giving me a chuckle.

You guessed Wiccan.
I said that you were incorrect June. You fail to listen.

Your "telling points" are based on your "either/or" position and there are always more possibilities then you dream of June. You are a victim of your own single plane linear thinking.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#521055 Mar 14, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really believe Jesus is going say John is greater than his own mother? Or greater than Himself? Both Jesus and Mary were born of woman..
You tell me Clay..Here is Christ's words:

28 I tell you, among those born of women none is greater than John.

In that big huge brain of yours, what does NONE mean in the text?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min BenAdam 839,116
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 16 min Wordsworth 5,907
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 28 min BenAdam 461
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 49 min Jac 100,002
Flight Monarch 1, runway 2 RIGHT CLEAR 4 TAKEO... 52 min Doctor REALITY 1
The Characteristics of Biker Men 1 hr wendysmith0515 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr curtjester1 40,499
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr 15th Dalai Lama 4,470
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Just Wondering 612,194
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 14 hr swedenforever 176,949
More from around the web