Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
502,461 - 502,480 of 538,769 Comments Last updated 8 min ago

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2014

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
It is puzzling to me why the Pope continues making vague pronouncements that could be read in a liberal or conservative fashion. The pronouncement says what you want it to say..
What else do you expect? The Protestant theologian John Calvin ordered the death of humans that committed adultery and he ordered the death of a 7 years of age child for striking his parents.

Do you think for a moment that dear old John could use the bible in that "fashion" in this era and get away with it???

The pope has to walk on eggshells today. He can't order the death of supposed heretics anymore as did the "privileged" popes of days gone by.

But I suggest that if there was no law to stop him ... he would be of the same mindset as the early popes. "If they disagree with my doctrines ... KILL them!!!"

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2014

It is puzzling to me why the Pope continues making vague pronouncements that could be read in a liberal or conservative fashion. The pronouncement says what you want it to say..
The Vatican then steps in to clarify. "Don't take the statement st face value. Look behind the words.Conservative.
When Pope Francis came on the scene I thought "what a gift!!"
But what is this game the Vatican is playing.
cant the Pope say the first time what he means or do a follow up statement.
No malice intended
Hermi

Peace

The Pope is probably a middle-of-the-line kind of guy, but the pundits in the RCC have to spin it their own way....

I suspect he now has to watch what he says, more than what he used to, which probably makes him a bit more reticent to make remarks off the cuff, and isolates him....

I also suspect there is a lot of "in-fighting" to which we are not privy to over what he says, since everything he says "must" be explained. But this is nothing new, the disciples around Jesus were a bunch of characters too....(smiles)

Peace

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2014

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
Of COURSE you had to snip verses - The Catholic Church ALWAYS DOES when it has been proven to ABHOR the truth that is plainly written in the Bible in favor of the lies and blasphemy brought in by popes. This blasphemy can't be more plain or pronounced than the Church's denial of "call no man your father" - Matthew 23:9 - words spoken by Jesus Christ himself ...
Yeah, you gotta *snip* that one, too, don't you?
-
You can't stand the words of Christ - so you call Christ a liar and the popes are revered as "humble men" when they INSIST on being called Father ... the very popes who ordered the murder and torture of 'heretics' and the cover-up of pedophilia in their ranks.
-
Quote: Liam ..."Remember, the first thirty Pope's were executed. Doesn't that mean anything to you?"
uh, Liam .... how many HERETICS were MURDERED by decree of "popes" ... doesn't that mean anything to YOU? How many little boys were RAPED by priests ... some of which no doubt became pope ...
You are an idiot.

If you don't believe that Catholics know truth ... why would you believe the Protestants that used the Catholic bible to create the KJV ... would know truth???
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2014

my neighbour have dry wings yee as figs

wicket wings on outside as nailon full

master of them whoooooooooo

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2014

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
,...who gets into conversations like this with your wife's surgeon?.
....I believe you made this story up.
I agree.

A Muslim surgeon in America would know better than to discuss religion with Christian patients ... of all the silly things.

Confrinting with the word is desperate to convince others that GOD has called him to preach the Protestant religion as the only universal truth.

He overdoses on only his favorite scriptures that he is certain makes him WISE.

It's a bad habit with those in religion.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2014

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
So what government do you suppose will put an end to all the religous killing going on currently?
Those in Muslim countries have no intention of separating religion from government. And that is the problem. And that is why in Africa the Christians are as crazy as the Muslims at taking up arms in the name of religion.

In America the Protestant founding fathers took care of that problem. They stopped the first Protestants from killing each other and said "NO more of this. You must keep your religion to yourselves, and stop killing each other as heretics."

That is why today in America we have the freedom of religion law, which protects ALL religions and protects Atheists and Agnostics from those who want to kill in the name of their religions.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2014

truth wrote:
DON'T LISTEN EVIL SATANIC CORUPT ACCUSERS
OBEY DISPLINE
When you claim that GOD loves all his children ... why do you suppose he would hire a devil to work in hell burning evil souls for eternity???

Your religion has messed up your brain ... BIG TIME,

Instead of supporting and promoting your Catholic religion ... I suggest you should be blaming it for your mental problems.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2014

Judged:

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Hermi
Peace
The Pope is probably a middle-of-the-line kind of guy, but the pundits in the RCC have to spin it their own way....
I suspect he now has to watch what he says, more than what he used to, which probably makes him a bit more reticent to make remarks off the cuff, and isolates him....
I also suspect there is a lot of "in-fighting" to which we are not privy to over what he says, since everything he says "must" be explained. But this is nothing new, the disciples around Jesus were a bunch of characters too....(smiles)
Peace
Is this your newest revelation stemming from your Christian CENTER that is neither Catholic or Protestant???

:)

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2014

Martin Luther was not only willing but able to use the same bible as the pope to start his new religion.

However the Protestant Puritans got fed up with using the same bible as the pope and so they asked King James I to use the Catholic Bible to interpret it into a Protestant Bible.

Then the Protestants were full of PRIDE that they no longer had to rely on a Catholic bible.

If that isn't hilarious ... WHAT IS???
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

From the book "The History Of Christianity ... The Church from the Reformation to the Present, Volume 2, by Clyde L. Manschreck ... comes the following.

The Millenary Petition, 1603

This petition, supposedly representing a thousand Puritans, was presented to James I on his way to London. He granted a conference the following year, authorized a new version of the scriptures, and made a few concessions, but he insisted on conformity to the Prayer Book, which was only slightly changed.(Gee and Hardy, Documents Illistrative of English Church History. Cf. Fuller, Church History of Britain.)

Meanwhile, a fresh form of Protestant authoritarianism was emerging in the person of John Calvin (1509-1564)

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2014

Judged:

The Vatican then steps in to clarify. "Don't take the statement st face value. Look behind the words.Conservative.
When Pope Francis came on the scene I thought "what a gift!!"
But what is this game the Vatican is playing.
cant the Pope say the first time what he means or do a follow up statement.
No malice intended
~~~

If you study prophecy from the old testament, it could help you understand what the current pope ...is up to....

The Muslims have ask him to become the custodian of the Temple Mount, apparently Israel will ultimately consent to it ...and now he is working in a diplomatic position to bring

( his brand) of Christianity in , and unify the three....Working to establish the antichrist ..from

the Temple mount...

Mat_24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place,(whoso readeth, let him understand:)

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2014

Along with religion came trouble.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Religious dissension was the basis of an event that confirmed and fueled James' paranoia: the Gunpowder Plot of November 5, 1605. Guy Fawkes and four other Catholic dissenters were caught attempting to blow up the House of Lords on a day in which the king was to open the session. The conspirators were executed, but a fresh wave of anti-Catholic sentiments washed across England. James also disliked the Puritans who became excessive in their demands on the king, resulting in the first wave of English immigrants to North America. James, however, did manage to commission an Authorized Version of the Bible, printed in English in 1611.

http://www.britannia.com/history/monarchs/mon...

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2014

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
If you study prophecy from the old testament, it could help you understand what the current pope ...is up to....
The Muslims have ask him to become the custodian of the Temple Mount, apparently Israel will ultimately consent to it ...and now he is working in a diplomatic position to bring
( his brand) of Christianity in , and unify the three....Working to establish the antichrist ..from
the Temple mount...
Mat_24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place,(whoso readeth, let him understand:)
You need to stop overdosing on those scriptures ... or you will end up comparable to the poster "truth."

Keep in mind that such self-indulgent entertainment has driven many humans insane.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2014

Benjamin Rush
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

One of many causes of insanity he noted was intense study of "imaginary objects of knowledge" such as "researches into the meaning of certain prophecies in the Old and New Testaments."

http://www25.uua.org/uuhs/duub/articles/benja ...

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2014

When you believe a devil or an antichrist is REAL ... do you honestly believe that HELPS your state of mind???

I suggest if you tamper with religion ... expect it to tamper with YOU!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2014

Judged:

The MANIFESTO of the antichrist .(AMONG OTHER DEMONIC INTENTIONS... THAT WILL FOLLOW.)....

IS..

TO SOLIDIFY A UNIFIED RELIGION IN THE WORLD..

THAT

ALL RELIGIONS ARE ( JUST ) DIFFERENT SHIPS HEADED FOR THE SAME ISLAND.

As the Roman Catholic Church has claimed dominion over all Christians

The antichrist will attempt to exercise dominion over all religions on the earth...and form his own inquisition toward those that refuse...

it will make the inquisitions of the Roman Catholic Church as if they were a Sunday school picnic..

Mar_13:19 For in those days shall be affliction, such as was not from the beginning of the creation which God created unto this time, neither shall be.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2014

Religious Insanity in America: The Official Nineteenth-Century Theory

Throughout much of the nineteenth century, psychiatrists and ordinary citizens agreed that one of the chief causes of mental illness was religious excitement..

http://socrel.oxfordjournals.org/content/45/3...

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2014

From the book "History of the United States," by charles A. Beard and Mary R. Beard ... published 1923 ... comes the following........

Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826) author of America’s Declaration of Independance, influenced the French Revolution with his political and religious ideas. He was the author of the “Statute of Virginia for Religious Freedom,” adopted in 1786, and his deistic views of religion helped establish reason as a popular authority.

Jefferson’s Deism

“Your reason is now mature enough to examine this object (religion). In the first place, divest yourself of all bias in favor of novelty and singularity of opinion. Indulge them in any other subject rather than that of religion. It is too important and the consequences of error may be too serious. On the other hand, shake off all the fears and servile prejudices, under which weak minds are servilely crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of God: because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2014

I suggest that being raised in an era of such heavy influence concerning religion, Thomas Jefferson also struggled with trying to make sense out of such blatant nonsense as was taught by theologians in all religions.

How could he not have been confused???
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2014

The MANIFESTO of the antichrist .(AMONG OTHER DEMONIC INTENTIONS... THAT WILL FOLLOW.)....
IS..
THAT
The antichrist will attempt to exercise dominion over all religions on the earth...and form his own inquisition toward those that refuse...
it will make the inquisitions of the Roman Catholic Church as if they were a Sunday school picnic..
Mar_13:19 For in those days shall be affliction, such as was not from the beginning of the creation which God created unto this time, neither shall be.
MANIFESTO of the antichrist ????

Thankfully, you KNOW inside that this is a delusion. Were it not a delusion, you would be compelled to STOP THE ANTICHRIST by any means possible.

But being a delusion, just some ranting on this board and others is all that is required.

Ramen

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2014

IS..
THAT
Your ego has control over you. Any man who was and is silly enough to entertain the haughty idea that a god has called him to preach ... is in DEEP trouble.

You must first want help before you even realize you need help.

You are not the first to be overly enticed by the idea that you own divine wisdom. Not even close to being the first.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min Buck Crick 732,690
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 11 min bacon hater 94,632
Appjoy invite code 11 min Im Rk9 43
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 16 min Chosen Holy Dr Sh... 599,771
Last Word + 2 20 min Hannah V 488
Red's Roadside Pub (Jun '10) 36 min Ed Teach 912
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 38 min JudgeNJury 257,831
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr Chris Clearwater 173,271
•••
Enter and win $5000