Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 599552 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#519978 Mar 9, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>
Revelation 20:4-15.
Tony, Tony, Tony.....

Study this scripture carefully:

<They? came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

The 1000 years is the reign of the saints, not of Christ.

The Book of Revelation is written in hints.

The message is NOT in the surface story....but in the hidden meanings behind the words.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#519979 Mar 9, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
For some reason my computer won't bring up that site.
...Don't worry about it, he was telling you to Beat !
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#519980 Mar 9, 2014
June. Beat it! He was implying.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#519981 Mar 9, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
Some Christians reject the apocrypha even though it has been part of the Bible Canon since before 400 AD. Martin Luther suggested removing it after about 1200 years of acceptance. Some Christians still retain it since it has withstood the test of time and is accepted by respected authorities of Scripture, though not by Oxbow. But Oxbow is not a respected authority on Scripture and has no respected source to support his claims.
Your babbling does not disprove the truth:

Christians reject it for 26 undeniable true reasons....Non Christians accept it as inspired gospel truth...what does that tell you????
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#519982 Mar 9, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text> You know, back in the day I once usede to believe in that flase rapture doctrine too. Then for some reason God decided to bring me to a KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUTH and I was sealed by the Holy Spirit and I saw how that rapture doctrine has made void the word of God in the minds of many so called Christians.
They're not sealed by the Holy Spirit even thouygh they call themselves Christians.
Tony, Tony, Tony,

I guess you don't understand the word figurative.....

2 Peter 3:8

8 But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day

Figurative.....1,000 years.......

And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

Figurative.....1,000 years.......

The thousand year reign is NOT a literal thousand years.

Understanding that it is a symbol of a long and complete reign that encompasses the rest of the world's years.

Sorry....I guess this just might be over your head......

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#519983 Mar 9, 2014
Michael wrote:
June. Beat it! He was implying.
Thank you.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#519984 Mar 9, 2014
Observe the Catholics and Protestants preaching at each other about whose philosophies are aligned to "god's word."

They totally disregard the idea that men in all religions wrote the words and in turn claimed that the words were inspired by the gods.

Why would you trust your own theologians to tell the truth and not trust the theologians in other religions???

You KNOW why???... you shysters!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#519985 Mar 9, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text> You know, back in the day I once usede to believe in that flase rapture doctrine too. Then for some reason God decided to bring me to a KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUTH and I was sealed by the Holy Spirit and I saw how that rapture doctrine has made void the word of God in the minds of many so called Christians.
They're not sealed by the Holy Spirit even thouygh they call themselves Christians.
Tony,

God is NOT bound by time.

Psalm 90:3-4

3 You turn people back to dust,
saying,“Return to dust, you mortals.”
4 A thousand years in your sight
are like a day that has just gone by,
or like a watch in the night.

Time is NOT a consequence to eternal beings.

God does not want any person to perish.

This is the reason why thousands of years have passed by since the time Jesus first came to the earth.

God wants all people to reach repentance.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#519986 Mar 9, 2014
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =oRdxUFDoQe0XX
......How many personal insults, and name calling has been directed towards you and your wife over the past couple years from religious followers Anthony, Regina M., and Dust Storm?
....How many Personal insults has non religious June made towards you and your wife in the same time period.
....I rest my case......
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#519987 Mar 9, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Clayborn says: "summital to ignorance"
Michael says: If you believe Jesus is God and believe there is only one God then why in Matthew 26:36-44
"Then Jesus went with his disciples to a place called Gethsemane, and he said to them. "Sit here while I go over there and PRAY"
Jesus is going to pray. Pray to whom? I thought Jesus was God. Is Jesus praying to another God? What God prays?
If you were alive at during Jesus time and you were with him, and you knew he prayed to God, would you honestly believe he is God himself? Of course not.
.......makes no common sense....right?
Triune God.....

God.....the Father
God.....the Son
God.....the Holy Spirit

Also, there is a chain of command in the Bible.

I Corinthians 11:3, "But I want you to know that the head of every man is Christ, the head of woman is man, and the head of Christ is God."
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#519988 Mar 9, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Triune God.....
God.....the Father
God.....the Son
God.....the Holy Spirit
Also, there is a chain of command in the Bible.
I Corinthians 11:3, "But I want you to know that the head of every man is Christ, the head of woman is man, and the head of Christ is God."
The trinity is the most mysterious thing Christianity teaches. 3 persons equal, in one God, however God the father makes the decisions for the other two persons of god.

,......when you have such stories repetatively told over many years you become numbed and brainwashed to believe it no matter how rediculous it sounds.

......tell someone not christian that God father sent God holy spirit to earth to impregnate a young girl so she could give birth to god Jesus who becomes the biological son of god holy spirit, God Jesus dies so he can return to heaven to be with god father..........remembering the whole time that these 3 persons of god are all equal as 1 god, but god the father makes the decisions for the 2 other persons of god.

Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#519989 Mar 9, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay says Catholic Church is right on Biblical interpretations.
Michael says..........Matthew 19:17 and he said unto him. Why callest thous me good? there is none good but ONE. That is God.
The man calls Jesus good, yet Jesus says don't call me good, call God good.
Is Jesus God or isn't he?
......something is terribly wrong Cly.
The only thing that's wrong, Thomas, is that you slept during religion class... Your parents paid good money to have you educated in a Catholic school and you were either sleeping or smoking weed behind the dumpster during religion class.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#519990 Mar 9, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think pope Leo Xth and Martin Luther were at war over territory, or over who had the right religion according to the supposed SAME god???
If you choose to keep being an idiot, that is your problem.
I suggest you do your homework from an objective point of view and learn something new for a change of pace.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
From the book,“History of Christianity,” by Clyde L. Manschreck … comes the following…………..
Assessments of Martin Luther (1483—1546) vary widely, depending on the stance of the assessor. To Pope Leo X he was stiff-necked notorious, damned heretic
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
A History of Religious Ideas, by Mircea Eliade.
Luther’s theology
In a letter of June 1522, Martin Luther wrote:“I do not admit that my doctrine can be judged by anyone, even by the angels. One who does not receive my doctrine cannot come to salvation.”
June

I am no "expert" on history. I see it merely as a way to promote one's self-interests, by those who write it....

I try to look to a similar circumstance today, between the Sunni and Shiites in Iraq and Iran, that you compare to LeoX and Martin Luther....People seems always willing to follow a leader, and believe what they read on the internet, in books, in the news media....

It is mostly propaganda of some sort....And when mixed with a little truth, becomes deadly....
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#519991 Mar 9, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
To me, its all pretty simple, provided you're not forcefully ignorant......
The Catholic Church claim: they are the ones who can verifiably trace their roots to Jesus Christ and the Church in Rome, established by Peter and Paul. The Bible developed over time, within the sacred traditions of the Church and their Bishops who's lineage was NEVER broken.
Verdict: Yes! It all checks out through historic fact, archeology and science.
Old gee and the modern protestant evangelical claim:
The small c catholic church is how it really was, then the Roman Empire infiltrated this small c church and altered the word of God...depriving the next 1600 yrs with a false gospel, which was restored once the born again movement began teaching the true Bible after it finally became available in print. Well not quite then....Luther and Calvin were still too Roman. They believed Mary was ever virgin. So the true bible Christians brought the right gospel a couple hundred yrs later.
Verdict: It doesn't check out. It's impossible. No normal archeologist or scientist would ever put their reputation on the line subscribing to your fantasy scenario.
Btw, on your first point.......the Bible wasn't put on paper until the 8th or 9th century. Any idea that men held bible study groups to decipher the REAL Christianity is only realistic to you and the other bible worshipers.
......Mary claimed to be mother of God??

......Scriptures claim Mary was born 2000 years ago, but also claim Mary is the mother of God. Does that also mean that god holy spirit is the biological father of God Jesus? We were taught that the God in the form of the trinity has always existed and Mary has not, but Mary is the mother of God.

...How can anyone claim that Mary is the mother of god, if god is the creator of all has no mother, has no father, has no beginning.

...,A young woman named Mary might be the biological mother of someone named Jesus, but mother of God???

.....,makes no common sense.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#519992 Mar 9, 2014
WILL wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing that's wrong, Thomas, is that you slept during religion class... Your parents paid good money to have you educated in a Catholic school and you were either sleeping or smoking weed behind the dumpster during religion class.
..quit being silly, answer my question?

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#519993 Mar 9, 2014
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =oRdxUFDoQe0XX
Good beat, easy to dance too. I give it a ten. lol
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#519994 Mar 9, 2014
CLAY wrote:
<quoted text>
........Catholicism is famous for putting round pegs into square holes repeating their stories over and over until it pyscologicaly makes one believe ridiculous stories actually seem true.

.....If you believe that Mary is the biological mother Jesus, and the mother of god, being equal, does that mean god holy spirit is the bilogical father of god Jesus?

...How can Mary be gods mother if god had no beginning?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#519995 Mar 9, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Good beat, easy to dance too. I give it a ten. lol
.....We know it wasn't the song or Michael Jackson that he was referring to.
... especially after Junes last post that she stated religion is lunacy...

Location hidden

#519996 Mar 9, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
......How many personal insults, and name calling has been directed towards you and your wife over the past couple years from religious followers Anthony, Regina M., and Dust Storm?
....How many Personal insults has non religious June made towards you and your wife in the same time period.
....I rest my case......
I know Miguel....and they all have pierced my heart and has changed my life. I am no longer the woman that I once was. I can not bare this pain and sorrow any longer.I can not leave my house or even open up my lap top any longer. Some how, I must find the strength to go on. I cry myself to sleep wondering, how, how, how can this be happening to me and Nick?. Well, I know why to me,( I do tend to be a bit of a spit fire) but Nick?( such a calm and loving man) When I came to this forum I was 5 feet tall. I am now 3 feet tall. and can not see over the stirring wheel to drive my car. I have been knocked down a peg or two.( Well, an inch or two.) All I will ask from you Miguel is this. next week is my birthday. Can you send me a pillow.....

Location hidden

#519997 Mar 9, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.....We know it wasn't the song or Michael Jackson that he was referring to.
... especially after Junes last post that she stated religion is lunacy...
Oh I know...lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Patriots owner'speech was great but doesn't cha... 7 min Child of Set 2
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 7 min dollarsbill 6,452
Sex with demon possessed doll 15 min Child of Set 56
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 25 min PELE78 864,349
The Christian Atheist debate 37 min ChristineM 1,975
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 47 min Halle Berry Sister 2,776
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 1 hr WasteWater 6,296
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Peace_Warrior 612,900
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 13 hr Pegasus 272,404
More from around the web