Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 667943 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#520296 Mar 11, 2014
Jesus ... "John, is it true that you used to be a Jewish prophet in the old testament?"

John ... "Yes indeed! And hundreds of years later when I found out the Catholics were writing a new testament, I apparently reincarnated back into a new body to become Saint John the Catholic, who is now about to baptize you."

Jesus .... "Isn't it amazing what those men of religion can do with imaginations and their pens."

John ... "Yes it is amazing. It's a blatant lie that you and I would become Catholics or that we even exist. Do you think the reading public will eventually catch on to their deceitful plot.

Jesus ... "Those who want to see, will see."

Quesnel, Canada

#520297 Mar 11, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Only in my posts.
Hahahahahaha

Quesnel, Canada

#520298 Mar 11, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
CHRISTIANITY ..finds it's roots in Judaism...
Rom 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:
Rom 11:14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.
Rom 11:15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?
Rom 11:16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.
Rom 11:17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;
Rom 11:18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.
Rom 11:19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.
Rom 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
Rom 11:21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
Rom 11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.
Rom 11:23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.
Rom 11:24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?
Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
Christianity without the roots of Judaism ...Is like ROMAN CATHOLICISM....
IT IS AN EMPTY SHELL..
Christians claimed that the roots of Judaism were rotten, and that is WHY they had to create a new religion ... you IDIOT!

Had they placed value ON Judaism they wouldn't have started a new religion.
Michael

Canada

#520299 Mar 11, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>

Hey...but you're enjoying life eh Mike.
....Enjoyin' it!.....to the fullest!.......why on earth would I want to change?

Quesnel, Canada

#520300 Mar 11, 2014
So according to Catholics, Jesus belonged to a religion that was rotten to its core.

Good CHOICE Jesus. That ought to teach you to not become a Great Master of Judaism.

Bunkology

Quesnel, Canada

#520301 Mar 11, 2014
According to Catholicism Jesus was saved by John the baptist.

Without John, Jesus would be in Christian hell.

Theologians were and are nuttier than fruitcakes.
Michael

Canada

#520302 Mar 11, 2014
<quoted text>
CHRISTIANITY ..finds it's roots in Judaism...
Rom 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:
Rom 11:14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.
Rom 11:15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?
Rom 11:16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.
Rom 11:17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;
Rom 11:18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.
Rom 11:19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.
Rom 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
Rom 11:21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
Rom 11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.
Rom 11:23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.
Rom 11:24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?
Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
Christianity without the roots of Judaism ...Is like ROMAN CATHOLICISM....
IT IS AN EMPTY SHELL..
1. Jesus Did Not Fulfill the Messianic Prophecies

What is the Messiah supposed to accomplish? One of the central themes of biblical prophecy is the promise of a future age of perfection characterized by universal peace and recognition of God.(Isaiah 2:1-4, 32:15-18, 60:15-18; Zephaniah 3:9; Hosea 2:20-22; Amos 9:13-15; Micah 4:1-4; Zechariah 8:23, 14:9; Jeremiah 31:33-34)
Specifically, the Bible says he will:

...Jesus will build the Third Temple (Ezekiel 37:26-28).
...Gather all Jews back to the Land of Israel (Isaiah 43:5-6).
...Usher in an era of world peace, and end all hatred, oppression, suffering and disease. As it says: "Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall man learn war anymore." (Isaiah 2:4)
...Spread universal knowledge of the God of Israel, which will unite humanity as one. As it says:..."God will be King over all the world &#8213; on that day, God will be One and His Name will be One" (Zechariah 14:9).
...If an individual fails to fulfill even one of these conditions, then he cannot be the Messiah.
Because no one has ever fulfilled the Bible's description of this future King, Jews still await the coming of the Messiah. All past Messianic claimants, including Jesus of Nazareth, Bar Cochba and Shabbtai Tzvi have been rejected.
Michael

Canada

#520303 Mar 11, 2014
C. SUFFERING SERVANT
Christianity claims that Isaiah chapter 53 refers to Jesus, as the "suffering servant."

Jews claim:

.....In actuality, Isaiah 53 directly follows the theme of chapter 52, describing the exile and redemption of the Jewish people. The prophecies are written in the singular form because the Jews ("Israel") are regarded as one unit. The Torah is filled with examples of the Jewish nation referred to with a singular pronoun.

Ironically, Isaiah’s prophecies of persecution refer in part to the 11th century when Jews were tortured and killed by Crusaders who acted in the name of Jesus.

From where did these mistranslations stem? St. Gregory, 4th century Bishop of Nazianzus, wrote: "A little jargon is all that is necessary to impose on the people. The less they comprehend, the more they admire."

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#520304 Mar 11, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...,The Jews interpret the prophecies differently ...than you do....read the OT the way the Jews do.
........ Catholics interpret scriptures differently than you do, yet you both use the exact same inspired words of God to come to your own conflicting conclusions.(lol)
Interpretation!...Interpretati on!.,.Interpretation!
~~~~

The difference is A BORN AGAIN EXPERIENCE...which the Roman Catholic's deny..

JESUS ... the author and finisher of the christian faith said..

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see/know:- be aware, behold, X can (+ not tell), consider,(have) known (-ledge), look (on), perceive, see, be sure, tell, understand, wist, wot.--- the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

When one is Born again of the Spirit

Jesus said ....that the Spirit would guide us in all truth...

Joh 16:12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

Joh 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Joh 16:14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Joh 16:15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

The Roman Catholics do not believe in being "BORN AGAIN" ...

therefore they have so more Spiritual guidance than you do...

they only have a secular form of godliness...They have never done their first works...

Carnally minded/ pertaining to flesh, that is,(by extension) bodily, temporal, or (by implication) animal, unregenerate:- carnal, fleshly.minded.
.attempting to explain Spiritual things.

Quesnel, Canada

#520305 Mar 11, 2014
As the Greatest Master of Judaism ... Jesus couldn't BE fulfilled. The Catholic church fathers wrote that Jesus first had to become a Catholic before he could become a teacher of divine truth.

Quite the insult to Judaism ... HUH???
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#520306 Mar 11, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll type slowly this time:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TV910R5...
There is no transcript of the debate between Chesterton and Darrow.
There is, however, a transcript of Darwin shredding Bryan at trial:
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TV910R5...
Your YouTube video is pretend.
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/catholic/...

This was my post to Clay. This was in response to commentary made about a fundamentalist.

This episode provides some clarification and demonstrates the sham that was the Scopes monkey trial that was initiated by the ACLU. Clarence Darrow went head to head with William Jennings Brian. It also includes the dramatic reenactment of the eventual debate between Darrow and G.K. Chesterton, in which Chesterton all but obliterated Darrow.

Your reply to my post

Nonsense.
The actual transcript shows Darrow shredding Bryan. No wonder he kicked off shortly thereafter.
But you are right in one regard -- it was a show trial to make money for the town and to set precedent for an ACLU-supported cause.
It was a set up from the get-go.

See Spot run! Is that more your speed? It's a rhetorical question.

Your statement, " Nonsense, The actual transcript shows Darrow Shreeding Bryan." Now, "Where did I or Ahlquist state that Bryan was brilliant, that he represented all of Christianity or the Catholic Church? He didn't and neither did I. Thus, your statement missed the mark by a mile. The video sums up the events surrounding this charade, none of it which states that Bryant was not beaten up when he took the stand.

It's a strawman you created and you know it. Well given your propensity to be clueless and or not acknowledge your error , but rather insult one can only ascertain that you are a liar, clueless , or both. I believe both are applicable in your case. However, rather than admit you are wrong and correct your error you continue with your strawman act with all it's splendor and pretend you are not being foolish.

Posting tanscripts of the scopes trial is completely irrelevant as Bryants performance is not being defended. So, then you move to attack a dramatic re-enactment. I am quite certain that when Jason Robards and Kirk Douglas did the movie that the reactions were without drama, especially the part where Darrow the atheist really believed in the bible. lol I am quite certain that secularists didn't delight with glee over the opportunity to exploit and overblow the scopes trial. lol

As for the Chesterton and Darrow debate, the newspapers, the accounts, surveys and commentary taken while not an actual transcript demonstrate clearly that Darrow was beaten badly. Fans of Darrow wanted to forget it. The bigger point was that Chesterton was not a fundamentalist and the strategies used by Darrow against Bryant do not work. The Catholic church as do most Jews view Genesis as allegorical. Thus forcing the text to become literal in every sense is mute. Frocing that every detail must be held in the bible alone has never been a Jewish or Catholic belief. The re-enactment brings out key points that Darrow was in fact Shredded by Chesterton. Books and columns written by Chesterton as well as numerous other writings by Catholics including brilliant scientists, anthropologists etc. demonstrate very clearly that the church is not William Jennings Bryant nor is Chesterton. The only position the church has taken in the matter is that God is the creator. The church does not deny the existence of dinosaurs nor does it hold to a specific age of the earth, and is in fact a major proponent of science, the difference being it does not hold that there is no possibility of a creator.
Michael

Canada

#520307 Mar 11, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Well the only Nonsense is your above comment. The commentary to which you responded does not say Bryan won anything. It was a sham political charade trial and Bryant most certainly did not express the view of the Church nor did he speak for or represent Christianity as a whole. Just as those today who hold that the earth must be 5,000 years old, because they assert the bible says so. GK Chesterton Catholic and arguably one of the most brilliant know minds to have ever lived on the other hand did shred Darrow, and that is a matter of record. This would be made clear if one bothers to watch the video.
MISTRANSLATED VERSES "REFERRING" TO JESUS
(back)

Biblical verses can only be understood by studying the original Hebrew text—which reveals many discrepancies in the Christian translation.

VIRGIN BIRTH
The Christian idea of a virgin birth is derived from the verse in Isaiah 7:14 describing an "alma" as giving birth. The word "alma" has always meant a young woman, but Christian theologians came centuries later and translated it as "virgin." This accords Jesus’ birth with the first century pagan idea of mortals being impregnated by gods.

GOD AS THREE?
The Catholic idea of Trinity breaks God into three separate beings: The Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost (Matthew 28:19).

Contrast this to the Shema, the basis of Jewish belief: "Hear O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is ONE" (Deut. 6:4). Jews declare the Shema every day, while writing it on doorposts (Mezuzah), and binding it to the hand and head (Tefillin). This statement of God’s One-ness is the first words a Jewish child is taught to say, and the last words uttered before a Jew dies.

.....In Jewish law, worship of a three-part god is considered idolatry—one of the three cardinal sins that a Jew should rather give up his life than transgress. This explains why during the Inquisitions and throughout history, Jews gave up their lives rather than convert.

......and you claim christianity is just an extension of judiasm.

Quesnel, Canada

#520308 Mar 11, 2014
<quoted text>
.attempting to explain Spiritual things.
I suggest you are not profient "at-tempting."
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#520309 Mar 11, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....Enjoyin' it!.....to the fullest!.......why on earth would I want to change?
How is anyone able to enjoy life without my one true god?

Ramen

Quesnel, Canada

#520310 Mar 11, 2014
Michael wrote:
From where did these mistranslations stem? St. Gregory, 4th century Bishop of Nazianzus, wrote: "A little jargon is all that is necessary to impose on the people. The less they comprehend, the more they admire."
Gregory learned from the masters of B.S.
Michael

Canada

#520311 Mar 11, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
.......Catholic doctrine often treats the physical world as an evil to be avoided. Mary, the holiest woman they claim, is portrayed as a virgin. Priests and nuns are celibate and dress down as to not encourage physical enticement, but they encourage everone else to go forth and multiply. Does that make sense Clay? Catholic monasteries are hidden away in remote, secluded locations with very little contact from the outside world ..........why?

.......By contrast, Judaism believes that God created the physical world not to be hidden away but for our pleasure.

Sex in the proper context is one of the holiest acts we can perform. How can something that feels so good be so wrong Clay?

.....something is wrong in what we are taught!

Michael

Canada

#520312 Mar 11, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
How is anyone able to enjoy life without my one true god?
Ramen
Its a mystery, Ramen.

Quesnel, Canada

#520313 Mar 11, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.....In Jewish law, worship of a three-part god is considered idolatry—
Of course the monotheist Jews wanted no part of even a hint of their polytheist history.

That is why they narrowed their varying titles of polytheistic gods down to the honorable title G-d, or, G!d.
Liam

Chicago, IL

#520314 Mar 11, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Read what Elf Eckman teaching and then compare it to God's Word..doesn't match up. It makes sense for him to join, like the catholic church, his teachings contradict God's Word.
Like most things, I don't think you have a clue what he teaches. All you see is evangelical pastor joins catholic church.
It doesn't matter what he taught before, now his teachings have to fall in line with 2,000 yrs of continuous Catholic teachings. We're not a doctrinal free for all. Our clergy don't preach their own ideas on doctrine. As much as you convince yourself that the born again evangelical movement has the proper guidance from God, we've proved that impossible. Its just a fantasy you all concocted.
You have Biblical anarchy. We don't. Pastor Eckman understands this.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#520315 Mar 11, 2014
Liam wrote:
Another Evangelical Pastor converts.
This one from Sweden stunned his congregation.
"all this has been both attractive and challenging. It really challenged our Protestant prejudices and we realized we dud not have any basis for our criticism of them. We needed ti know the catholic faith better. This led us to realized it was actually Jesus Christ who led us to the Catholic Church"
Pastor Elf Eckman.
www.patheos. com/blogs/kathyschiffer/
That is a good first step out of Evangelical Xianity insanity.

Next hopefully, he will find the one true God, the only scientifically proven God, and convert -- which will help validate my religion.

Let us all say no to murderous, immoral gods.

Ramem

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 13 min Brian_G 286,095
American women are f..ked, they priced themselv... (Sep '10) 22 min Jim 12
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 59 min Neville Thompson 1,103
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr another viewer 979,465
MIELE SERVIS Merter (2I2) 2O2 62 35 ) 2O2 62 33... 1 hr birimariza 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Brian_G 619,222
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr River Tam 92,742
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 hr lisw 183,629
More from around the web