Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 703852 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Leeming, Australia

#519853 Mar 8, 2014
used every words how they oppose everyone
seee
psalm 91.4
block approach to you

Find out word passage!
Did psalm 91 stay as passage for used ?..yes.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#519854 Mar 8, 2014
It is very plain for those who want to see, that the Catholics stole the one god-dogma from the Jews, by insinuating that the god abandoned Judaism in order to favor Catholicism.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#519855 Mar 8, 2014
Meaning Israel as a religious group of people ... not Israel as in land-owners.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

The contact of Israelite and Greek cultures resulted in the development of strict monotheism which recast the national god of Israel in the role of the creator of the universe, corresponding to The One or The All of Hellenistic religion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origins_of_Judai ...
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#519856 Mar 8, 2014
who="LTM" <quoted text>
Amen Confrinting, I can't believe it is -3 today. We are getting close to spring.
well -3 is spring here LOL.
how are you and your lovely wife doing ?? I hope your wives heal is good as wll as your own.
My husband is completely healed from his ordeal.
Thank the Lord.
Another prayer has been answered, my son John moved back to Ottawa with his wife and son. He is not living right in the same house, but right around the corner and she relies on him every day to do some little thing. LOL I think its an accuse to get him to her house.
He is very happy and so is little Samuel.
God is doing some very great healing spiritually as well as phsyically.
God Bless

----------
Praise the Lord! Just keep on praising Him. His name IS healing, and victory, and all that we need.

Blessings...
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#519857 Mar 8, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
It is very plain for those who want to see, that the Catholics stole the one god-dogma from the Jews, by insinuating that the god abandoned Judaism in order to favor Catholicism.
I'll leave the comments to you two for awhile.
Dibbs on the winner.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#519859 Mar 8, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Tony, Tony, Tony,
There is no 1,000 year reign......
Jesus MUST reign before His second coming, not beginning with the second coming!
You need to get out of this false teaching of a 1,000 year reign.....
The Bible says Jesus already has a name greater than any in the age to come.
If He is not king now, He never will be!
May I refer you to the word of God? Namely ZECHARIAH 14:9 that states thAT THE LORD SHALL BE kING OVER ALL THE EARTH. Having stated that it seems that scripture calls you a liar. I'm not sure if you're deliberately lying or you are simply that BIBLICALLY ILLITERATE.

I can and have shown you scripture after scripture that states that Christ shall reign on the earth for a 1000 year period and yet you deliberately choose to simply ignore those many scriptures that support this.

Ignoring so much of Gods word is how Christians get themselves into trouble when it comes to rightly dividing the word of God. Scripture states that Christ shall reign on the earth for a 1000 year period and after that 1000 year period the great white throne judgement will take place.
Yet you chose to ignore what the written word states over and over and over again.

And yes Christ is King now but He is not reigning on the earth at this time. Are you inane enough to believe that if Christ were reigning on the earth at this time that the earth would be as messed up as it is today under Christ's reign?
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#519860 Mar 8, 2014
I suggest that the Jews that first broke away from polytheism hoped that all other people would come flocking to their one god in the belief that if only one god exists, there is no other way to reap eternal bliss in an afterlife.

The Jews never counted on the ex-Jews breaking away to claim the same god as their own.

Well ... the Catholics sure fooled those Jews.

And then the Muslims fooled the Catholics ... and the Jews.

And then the Protestants fooled the Jews, the Muslims and the Catholics.

And they all fooled each other as the blood flew in all directions as they all tried in VAIN to claim ownership of the one and only "god."
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#519861 Mar 8, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
who="LTM" <quoted text>
Praise the Lord! Just keep on praising Him. His name IS healing, and victory, and all that we need.
Blessings...
"Victory???"

Do you mean heaven for you and hell for others is "Victory???"

I suggest that you have a very distorted mentality if you believe that nonsense is based on even a semblance of fair play.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#519862 Mar 8, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Tony, Tony, Tony,
There is no 1,000 year reign......
Jesus MUST reign before His second coming, not beginning with the second coming!
You need to get out of this false teaching of a 1,000 year reign.....
The Bible says Jesus already has a name greater than any in the age to come.
If He is not king now, He never will be!
And listen to what you're saying. You almost speak blasphemy. You state that Christ is reigning now over the earth yet it seems that Satan and his hoards have more influence over Christ kingdom that He does. Just look at the shape the earth is in. And you have the gall to say that Christ is reigning over the earth now?

If Christ is reigning over the earth at this time then scripture has lied because we are told that IN CHRIST'S KINGDOM RIGHTEOUSNESS WILL DWELL. We are also told that the earth will be full of the knowledge of the Lord yet there are many false religions whose membership outnumber Christianity and there are many false idolatrous religions here on the earth that you claim Christ is reigning over. Somebody has lied to you or the Bible is lying. THE BIBLE DOESN'T LIE SO THAT LEAVES..........
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#519863 Mar 8, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text> May I refer you to the word of God?
Would that be the "word" that you are destined to heaven and others are destined to hell???
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#519865 Mar 8, 2014
The Catholics want us to believe that a Jewish Rabbi that went by the title of Rabboni, abandoned Judaism to join up with a Catholic Saint named John the Baptist and his followers.

What an insult to all Jews.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

From the book “Smith’s Bible Dictionary.

Rabbi

The titles were used with different degrees of honor; the lowest being rab, master; then rabbi, my master; next rabban, our master; and greatest of all, rabboni, my great master.
truth

Leeming, Australia

#519866 Mar 8, 2014
Its written
many many many will come in my name
its not me
nooo

many many many are ligions
they pray
o lord o lord o lord have Mercy on us..

seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeee
I told you
its written
all angels and demons will fall down

then
seeeeeeeeeeeee

=commandments is
-don't used god name in vain

psalm 91;14
''to know my name''

they used trough passage as opose and sold your name

stolen identification in future will be
from 1000 its will be 914..only 76 left free from 1000 names..

identification become stolen and to work who dwelling in security of rendering of all secrets

ej youuuuu god going revile you all who ever are you

you serving your evil

not meeeeeeeeeeee

God say to woman;''don't be afraid..''
not man no

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#519867 Mar 8, 2014
Although it was occasionally quoted in early church writings, it was nowhere accepted in a canon. Melito (AD 170) and Origen rejected the Apocrypha,(Eccl. Hist. VI. 25, Eusebius) as does the Muratorian Canon.
Jerome vigorously resisted including the Apocrypha in his Latin Vulgate Version (400 AD), but was overruled. As a result, the standard Roman Catholic Bible throughout the medieval period contained it. Thus, it gradually came to be revered by the average clergyman. Still, many medieval Catholic scholars realized that it was not inspired.
The terms "protocanonical" and "deuterocanonical" are used by Catholics to signify respectively those books of Scripture that were received by the entire Church from the beginning as inspired, and those whose inspiration came to be recognized later, after the matter had been disputed by certain Fathers and local churches.
Pope Damasus (366-384) authorized Jerome to translate the Latin Vulgate. The Council of Carthage declared this translation as "the infallible and authentic Bible." Jerome was the first to describe the extra 7 Old Testament books as the "Apocrypha" (doubtful authenticity). Needless to say, Jerome's Latin Vulgate did not include the Apocrypha.
Cyril (born about A.D. 315)- "Read the divine Scriptures - namely, the 22 books of the Old Testament which the 72 interpreters translated" (the Septuagint)
The apocrypha wasn't included at first in the Septuagint, but was appended by the Alexandrian Jews, and was not listed in any of the catalogues of the inspired books till the 4th century
Hilary (bishop of Poictiers, 350 A.D.) rejected the apocrypha (Prologue to the Psalms, Sec. 15)
Epiphanius (the great opposer of heresy, 360 A.D.) rejected them all. Referring to Wisdom of Solomon & book of Jesus Sirach, he said "These indeed are useful books & profitable, but they are not placed in the number of the canonical."

The end ....
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#519868 Mar 8, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text> And listen to what you're saying. You almost speak blasphemy..........
To claim "within theological jargon" that the god of the Jews now loves only Christians such as you ... IS blasphemy.

Why don't create you own god and stop your stealing?
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#519869 Mar 8, 2014
I never believed that others would go to hell, so I never got sucked in to the bible as a book that could be based on any semblance of truth.

That teaching repelled me and made me feel disgust for the religion itself.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#519870 Mar 8, 2014
Luther also wanted to change the false teaching that those who preach indulgences are in error when they say that a man is absolved and saved from every penalty by the pope's indulgences.

My my!!!! The sacrifice on the cross, His cleansing blood, His resurrection, was/is being trumped by the pope's "indulgences"!!!!!!! !

To my knowledge, this is still being falsely taught today,,
truth

Leeming, Australia

#519871 Mar 8, 2014
no june

its written
who coming is biggest then any Solomon
truth

Leeming, Australia

#519872 Mar 8, 2014
earthly wisdoom left between humans in your oldest grandmothers and grandfathers..

psalm 76
God know
his covert prove to be in Salem itself..

they call my oldest great great great-father Salem

he is been great comunicators between chirstains and muslim when he live on properthy where I born..

I fill personal sorry I never meet or talk with my grandfathers..

i cry when i see not because jelouse ..becouse loving tender toward my family roots..
my great school friends and neighbour have grandfather not me ..my past away her looking her modern then you think...

i cry many times because of that not to know my oldest wisdoom stay within them..
grandmother how you could I say to her..i want know more..
no she say your grandfather left me here ..your branch tree have to be here or if you go you belong to others where you give yourself for your son as branch of tree you will sustain in suffering very well don't be afraid ..god stay upon us...

my grandmother is been very nice discipline lady..
ye
she respect words of man and oldest too..

earthly life stay within oldest as wisdom
you protect with your conciseness too god will guard every your move

God say;'' don't be afraid'' to woman
not man

''be bless your womb''
truth

Leeming, Australia

#519873 Mar 8, 2014
my people never say yew we say zid
see z=26 id

inditification

be good june

see who dweling in securety
ej youuu
you going be revil

don't be affraid
God say to woman not man..

I am not affraid june

You not tell me why all poor woman must be wrong from mans!!
noooooooooo

they used poor woman's defending themselves..we say its kukavicki=its very low side from mans as accusers..very sad

Are you for sure they are very brave with that?
noo

man have to be strong toward as protector of woman's mothers and children god left like that..

no june be good
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#519874 Mar 8, 2014
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:

Actually, it is Biblical impossibility for the Roman Catholic church to be right. If the Bible is the word of God, and it is, and if the Roman Catholic church teaches beliefs contrary to the Bible, and it does, there is no possible way the Roman Catholic church is right.
Actually the Catholic Church is right on in Biblical interpretations. You're just some guy in 21st century America who's reading some of our Bible and saying we're wrong.
Thanks be to God the Lord doesn't rely on Bible verse anarchy with men like you to convey His message to the world

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 17 min NICK 88,568
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 31 min Choir Loft 996,565
Poll ~ Should 911 have a New Investigation? ~ (Feb '11) 46 min Choir Loft 952
mgtow 3 hr GotIt 15
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 3 hr ChromiuMan 6,924
I'm sick of being single and having no one to l... 3 hr Choicerocks 8
Why are women from USA prefer casual dating ove... 4 hr Choicerocks 4