Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 591236 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#519490 Mar 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The theologians wanted you to believe that some sins were unforgivable by "god."
That way they could keep you frightened and held through fear in bondage under their SPELL.
Now you are keeping your self willingly in bondage to such stupidity.
T-he he! YOU should know a lot about bondage you ol' minks you!
truth

Perth, Australia

#519491 Mar 6, 2014
no
God alone is loving and Merciful.
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#519492 Mar 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The theologians wanted you to believe that some sins were unforgivable by "god."
That way they could keep you frightened and held through fear in bondage under their SPELL.
Now you are keeping your self willingly in bondage to such stupidity.
Wow Judy just stopped in to see how this thread was making out.

It really needs a name change to the JVanderMark 24/7 365 rant Session

75+ posts in some 15 hours you are uping your avearage to some 5 posts an hour and still no one believes a word you post best get it up to some 10 posts an hour and confirm you are a lunatic. LOL

Really if after all your nnonsensical posting with no fruit to show, surely even you are smart enough to see you have a problem or is because you are not a you but a coven as suspected and you is yous,

most likely YOUssss and we all know where there's smoke........
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

#519493 Mar 6, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Does that spokesman notify the web news sites and demand they run a retraction or at least post his statements?
1 Cor.
6 When one of you has a grievance against another, does he dare go to law before the unrighteous instead of the saints? 2 Or do you not know that sthe saints will judge the world? And if the world is to be judged by you, are you incompetent to try trivial cases? 3 Do you not know that we are to judge angels? How much more, then, matters pertaining to this life! 4 So if you have such cases, why do you lay them before those who have no standing in the church? 5 ul say this to your shame. Can it be that there is no one among you wise enough to settle a dispute between the brothers, 6 but brother goes to law against brother, and that before unbelievers? 7 To have lawsuits at all with one another is already a defeat for you. Why not rather suffer wrong? Why not rather be defrauded? 8 But you yourselves wrong and defraud even your own brothers

Don't you know that the Pope Abolished Sin? lol What you should be asking is why so many who say the Pope is irrelevant or dont care what he says, care so very much and why so many work so hard to twist everything.Now what has been the reaction of those in here when shown the actual statements or truth? Anger! Twisting comes in many forms everything from Lorraine Boetner, Jack Chick Comic Books, Sister Mary Ann Colins the former Nun that has no record of ever being in any church and noone has ever met, 100 million killed in the Inquistions when only 30 million people existed in all of Europe which it didnt even cover, Hitlers Pope (should be fiction) Rabbi Lapide Credits Pope Pius with saving a minimum of 700,000 Jews with his efforts, which btw when you combine every other organizations efforts they missed that by a mile. Did you know the U.S. refused refuge status to Jews?
The Vatican felt compelled on Tuesday to deny that Pope Francis had “abolished sin”, after a well-known Italian intellectual wrote that he had effectively done so through his words and gestures.

The singular exchange began on Sunday when Eugenio Scalfari, an atheist who writes opinion pieces for the left-leaning La Repubblica newspaper, published an article titled “Francis’ Revolution: He has abolished sin”.

Scalfari, who held a long private conversation with the pope earlier this year and wrote about it several times, concluded in the complex, treatise-like article that Francis believed sin effectively no longer existed because God’s mercy and forgiveness were “eternal”.[In your dreams, Gene ol' buddy, ol' shoe.]

Vatican spokesman Father Federico Lombardi told Vatican Radio that “this affirmation that the pope has abolished sin” was wrong.

“Those who really follow the pope daily know how many times he has spoken about sin and our (human) condition as sinners,” Lombardi said.

http://wdtprs.com/blog/2013/12/this-isnt-1-ap...
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#519494 Mar 6, 2014
OldJG wrote:
Abomination Masked as Christianity

God is not the author of confusion (I Corinthians 14:33, "For God is not a God of confusion but of peace. As in all the churches of the saints,). He never instituted Lent, a pagan observance connecting debauchery to the supposed resurrection of a false Messiah.

God commands His people to follow Him—not the traditions of men.

God’s ways are higher, better than man’s (Isaiah 55:8-9). Men cannot determine for themselves right from wrong or how to properly worship God. Why? Because “the heart [mind] is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked”(Jeremiah 17:9), and “the way of man is not in himself; it is not in man who walks to direct his own steps”(10:23).

God designed us and gave us life. He knows how we are supposed to worship Him.
To be a Christian and properly serve God, you must live “by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God”(Matthew 4:4), recognizing that His Holy Scriptures “cannot be broken”(John 10:35).

God commands Christians to flee from the pagan traditions and customs of this world (Revelation 18:2-4), currently led and deceived by Satan the devil (II Corinthians 4:4; Revelation 12:9).

Lent may seem like a sincere, heartfelt religious observance. But it is deeply rooted in pagan ideas that counterfeit God’s plan.

God hates all pagan observances (Jeremiah 10:2-3; Levitucus 18:3, 30; Deuteronomy 7:1-5, 16). They cannot be “Christianized” or made clean by men. That includes Lent.
liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. Fitting a hateful ignorant bigot such as yourself would be against Catholics fasting for 40 days. Unbiblical! the bible idolater says!!
Thank you for your intelligent response. We see both of your brain cells are still operational. Very good. By the way, are you one of the Roman Catholic priests who sodomized little boys and is headed for prison? Just sayin'
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#519495 Mar 6, 2014
liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. Fitting a hateful ignorant bigot such as yourself would be against Catholics fasting for 40 days. Unbiblical! the bible idolater says!!
Lent was not observed by the first century Church! It was first addressed by the church at Rome during the Council of Nicea in A.D. 325, when Emperor Constantine officially recognized that church as the Roman Empire’s state religion. Any other form of Christianity that held to doctrines contrary to the Roman church was considered an enemy of the state.

Let me see.......the holy Roman Catholic church or the holy Roman Empire???? Nobody can tell the difference. Ever wonder why? Duh!! Just sayin'
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#519496 Mar 6, 2014
Today I attended a funeral in a Roman Catholic church. The guy dressed in the fancy robes offered transubstantiation to Roman Catholics but told the NON-Romans they could not receive the Roman Jesus cookie. Not surprisingly the good little Romans lines up like trained dogs, chewed and swallowed Jesus.

Amazingly the priest did not offer the CUP to the good little Romans after he had given them the Jesus cookie. This priest proudly wiped the crumbs into the CUP that had fallen onto a special plate when he broke the Big Jesus cookie. Then he promptly drank everything in the CUP himself. Why did he receive the CUP and not the rest of the good little Romans?

Scripture teaches:(Leviticus 17:11a) "For the life of the flesh is in the blood...."

How can you little Romans be raised up on the last day by eating ONLY the Jesus cookie your entire life and never receive the blood that contains the LIFE? Just sayin'
marge

Ames, IA

#519497 Mar 6, 2014
well I did know all that already, that the cc could not defend themselves in the media or otherwise. And proved it again, really prayed it would change some minds.

No way can they withstand the Truth.
marge

Ames, IA

#519498 Mar 6, 2014
Thy Life is in His blood.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#519499 Mar 6, 2014
Dear Lord God. Have I told you lately that I love you?

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#519500 Mar 6, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Lent was not observed by the first century Church! It was first addressed by the church at Rome during the Council of Nicea in A.D. 325, when Emperor Constantine officially recognized that church as the Roman Empire’s state religion. Any other form of Christianity that held to doctrines contrary to the Roman church was considered an enemy of the state.
Let me see.......the holy Roman Catholic church or the holy Roman Empire???? Nobody can tell the difference. Ever wonder why? Duh!! Just sayin'
Question for you please. Do you observe EASTER?
marge

Ames, IA

#519501 Mar 6, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text> Question for you please. Do you observe EASTER?
everyday Tony,
HE IS RISEN!!!

“Sweetromance's News ”

Since: May 09

Dayton Oh

#519502 Mar 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
The Catholic church fathers stole the god created by the Jewish theologians ... and the Catholic church fathers were PROUD of their theft.
They didn't even have the decency to create their own god.
Wouldn't Catholics be considered to be among the gentiles?

“Sweetromance's News ”

Since: May 09

Dayton Oh

#519503 Mar 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
The Catholic church fathers stole the god created by the Jewish theologians ... and the Catholic church fathers were PROUD of their theft.
They didn't even have the decency to create their own god.
Wouldn't Catholics be counted among the gentiles?
truth

Perth, Australia

#519504 Mar 6, 2014
yes
God alone is loving and Merciful.
God know who is victim.

United States

#519505 Mar 7, 2014
OldJG wrote:
Abomination Masked as Christianity
God is not the author of confusion (I Corinthians 14:33, "For God is not a God of confusion but of peace. As in all the churches of the saints,). He never instituted Lent, a pagan observance connecting debauchery to the supposed resurrection of a false Messiah.
God commands His people to follow Him—not the traditions of men.
God’s ways are higher, better than man’s (Isaiah 55:8-9). Men cannot determine for themselves right from wrong or how to properly worship God. Why? Because “the heart [mind] is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked”(Jeremiah 17:9), and “the way of man is not in himself; it is not in man who walks to direct his own steps”(10:23).
God designed us and gave us life. He knows how we are supposed to worship Him.
To be a Christian and properly serve God, you must live “by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God”(Matthew 4:4), recognizing that His Holy Scriptures “cannot be broken”(John 10:35).
God commands Christians to flee from the pagan traditions and customs of this world (Revelation 18:2-4), currently led and deceived by Satan the devil (II Corinthians 4:4; Revelation 12:9).
Lent may seem like a sincere, heartfelt religious observance. But it is deeply rooted in pagan ideas that counterfeit God’s plan.
God hates all pagan observances (Jeremiah 10:2-3; Levitucus 18:3, 30; Deuteronomy 7:1-5, 16). They cannot be “Christianized” or made clean by men. That includes Lent.
-
-
liam wrote:
-
-
If it's Pagan, it's from Satan and after that ... you are simply arguing semantics, Liam.
God hates pagan rites and rituals - but the Catholic Church is so intrenched in them that pagan rites and rituals have oozed into all of society ... via the Catholic Church. Go figure. The Church that protects child rapists, thinks nothing of including Pagan rites and rituals in its worship. But, if that makes sense to you ... then what?
truth

Perth, Australia

#519506 Mar 7, 2014
You can't hide nothing to God!
God looking some who is good and very bad too.
Who is sick or poor god know everything too.
God don't liked liars as well trap who set on fronts.
He know always who how where when as well why?!

You not tell me who created pagans!
truth

Perth, Australia

#519507 Mar 7, 2014
light
where on that wall number 39 down street below me..as light as you looking as Eucharistic mirror..ye oh so toward my eyes..my pigeons is there yee..where on antenna TV..
that two is been so shiny and beautiful..yee..one is green feather but bigger then girl..girl is smaller then shiny as tiny purple feather..
yee boy is been in golden beautiful light yee its looks as bos..is that nice find mystery as secrets of nice birds..

How you call people who study and work discipline and secrets with birds?
As looks as two loving people!
Could you imagine that love and patrons as well discipline as well trust.
Must be huge loving trust.
Its deference when you looking with hearts and minds alone..not for others no.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#519508 Mar 7, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
everyday Tony,
HE IS RISEN!!!
The reason I asked OldJG if he/she observed EASTER is because she is letting the Catholics have it with both barrels for observing a pagan day like LENT,yet she seems to be painfuly unaware that EASTER ahs quite a few pagan observances to it as well such as EASTER RABBITS AND EASTER EGGS which were adopted from the PAGAN FERTILITY RITES.

So though I agree that LENT is a pagan observance,so is the observance of Easter. Therefore remove the mote from your own eyes before you try to remove it from the eyes of Catholics.

The PASSOVER is what Christains should be observing given that CHRIST BECAME OUR PASSOVER and the date it should be observed is already set by God as to how to set the correct date for the observance of the PASSOVER DAY. I guarantee you not one so called Christian here can show me in scripture how and where in the Bible God directed Israel on how to set the dat for the observance of the Passover.
truth

Perth, Australia

#519509 Mar 7, 2014
https://www.google.com.au/search...

i told you
your law is not my law..
because god know everything on front
yeeeeeeeee
how its look when you know other world exist..

Are you for sure tiny birds did not know who they are?

yes it is..
its personal opinion i don't share with others no=nechu
see when you observe how looks love towards that birds its very nice find out..there is a no law..its love exist for them to be trustworthy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 min Peace_Warrior 612,253
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 min curtjester1 40,575
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Rosa_Winkel 841,105
Warning to Today's Church, Nigerian Woman Goes ... (Apr '13) 9 min james 2
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 33 min Truth Doctor 4,720
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 1 hr arul 7,165
UTE Hire Gold Coast – Best Option To Carry Loa... 1 hr gpsdrivingschool 1
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Tony17 100,176
More from around the web