Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646326 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#519813 Mar 8, 2014
The World’s Sixteen Crucified Saviors … Christianity before Christ, by Kersey Graves … first published in 1875.

That India has become corrupted and sunk in morals since the introduction of the Christian bible, is admitted by the Rev. D. O. Allen, for twenty-five years a missionary in that country.

Quesnel, Canada

#519814 Mar 8, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you able to discern between those who have the Spirit and those who don't?
Which "spirit???" The one created by "god" in a mood of goodness ... or the one created when he was in a mood of evil???"

Keep in mind that the stupid theology teaches that he is now busy creating peace AND evil.

Have some evil now, and be nice to those that you perceive are ALSO evil.

Aren't I a FAIR teacher???

:)

I'll bet you don't like me do YOU ... as I don't tell you what you want to hear, as do your "favorite" theologians???

To you I would be an EVIL theologian.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#519815 Mar 8, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Which "spirit???" The one created by "god" in a mood of goodness ... or the one created when he was in a mood of evil???"
Keep in mind that the stupid theology teaches that he is now busy creating peace AND evil.
Have some evil now, and be nice to those that you perceive are ALSO evil.
Aren't I a FAIR teacher???
I'll bet you don't like me do YOU ... as I don't tell you what you want to hear, as do your "favorite" theologians???
To you I would be an EVIL theologian.
I like you just fine June. I think you're rather self-absorbed and crave attention, but you do have a good sense of humor. ;O)

Quesnel, Canada

#519816 Mar 8, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
No luck involved Anthony
Was it "skill" that motivated you to choose your "brand" of Christianity???
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

A woman, whose immediate family faithfully attends church, told her young daughter the following,“Your grandparents were very intelligent people. They chose to belong to a religion where, once saved, always saved! Now that is the best insurance policy a person can have.”

Quesnel, Canada

#519817 Mar 8, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I like you just fine June. I think you're rather self-absorbed and crave attention, but you do have a good sense of humor. ;O)
Thank you. You also have a good sense of humor. You have to in order to try to peddle the bull that a Jew lives in spirit and is smitten with your Christian dogmas.

I crave attention from other people, but I don't go so far as to believe that a savior finds my bullshit irresistible.

That's a very far stretch of imagination.

Quesnel, Canada

#519818 Mar 8, 2014
“If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.”

W.C. Fields

Quesnel, Canada

#519819 Mar 8, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Those old popes and the likes of Martin Luther and John Calvin had NO sense of humor whatsoever. When they said that they spoke {{{truth}}} on behalf of Jesus and God ... they MEANT it.
Michael

Canada

#519820 Mar 8, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
The World’s Sixteen Crucified Saviors … Christianity before Christ, by Kersey Graves … first published in 1875.
A historical view of the divinity of Jesus Christ.
As far back as 1200 B. C., sacred records were extant and traditions were current, in the East, which taught that the heathen Savior (Chrishna) was, 1st, Immaculately conceived and born of a spotless virgin,“who had never known man.” 2d, That the author of, or agent in, the conception, was a spirit or ghost (of course a Holy Ghost). 3d, That he was threatened in early infancy with death by a ruling tyrant, Cansa. 4th, That his parents had, consequently, to flee with him to Gokul for safety. 5th, That all the young male children under two years of age were slain by an order issued by Cansa, similar to that of Herod in Judea. 6th, That angels and shepherds attended his birth. 7th, That his birth and advent occurred on the 25th of December. 8th, That it occurred in accordance with previous prophecy. 9th, That he was presented at birth with frankincense, myrrh, &. 10th, That he was saluted and worshipped as “the Savior of men,” according to the report of the late Christian Missionary Huc. 11th, That he led a life of humility and practical moral usefulness. 12th, That he wrought various astounding miracles, such as healing the sick, restoring sight to the blind, casting out devils, raising the dead to life, &. 13th, That he was finally put to death upon the cross (i e., crucified) between two thieves. 14th. After which he descended to hell, rose from the dead, and ascended back to heaven “in the sight of all men,” as the biblical story declares. For hundreds of other similar parallels, including his doctrines and precepts, see Chapter XXXII.
....Are you saying long before the story of Jesus dying for our sins, had lived other saviors who also died for our sins? Other saviors who also promised eternal salvation? Do Christians know this!

....Oh No!
Michael

Canada

#519821 Mar 8, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
If I had a penny for every time a Catholic, Christian Gnostic, or a Protestant USED the word Jesus in a sermon of how to live a holy life ... I would be a very wealthy woman indeed.
..,what would you do with all those pennies? Remember, in Canada they are no longer minted.
liam

Saint Paul, MN

#519822 Mar 8, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
If the CC is right then the Bible is wrong, we'll stick with the Bible.
No your interpretations of the Bible are wrong.

-Your approach to the Bible is new and strange. Your interpretations are newer and stranger.
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#519823 Mar 8, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. You also have a good sense of humor. You have to in order to try to peddle the bull that a Jew lives in spirit and is smitten with your Christian dogmas.
I crave attention from other people, but I don't go so far as to believe that a savior finds my bullshit irresistible.
That's a very far stretch of imagination.
You June are a racist Jew hater! And will suffer for your actions when we Americans annex you for resources!
liam

Saint Paul, MN

#519824 Mar 8, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....Are you saying long before the story of Jesus dying for our sins, had lived other saviors who also died for our sins? Other saviors who also promised eternal salvation? Do Christians know this!
....Oh No!
Yeah we know this. We know it to be full of crap too. We also know ideologues like you and June will eat it up.
It's from a ridiculous book by some dude. There is no credible evidence.

June, like you, will embrace anything that isn't true, then mock us for supposedly doing the same with our belief in God! How ironic.

www.philaz.com/apologetics/JesusEvidenceCruci...

Quesnel, Canada

#519825 Mar 8, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....Oh No!
Christians don't want to read such history, as it threatens to remove the idea from their brains that they are special to the supposed creator.

Pathetic!

Quesnel, Canada

#519826 Mar 8, 2014
liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah we know this. We know it to be full of crap too. We also know ideologues like you and June will eat it up.
June, like you, will embrace anything that isn't true, then mock us for supposedly doing the same with our belief in God! How ironic.
I most certainly don't believe that if I become a Catholic that a Jew that lives in spirit form will reward me for my divine choice of religion and take me to a Christian heaven after I croak.

That is the stuff of idiocy.

Quesnel, Canada

#519827 Mar 8, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
..,what would you do with all those pennies? Remember, in Canada they are no longer minted.
Good point. I can no longed receive pennies from heaven, because "god" knows they are useless in Canada. They'll have to change that song to "nickels from heaven."

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#519828 Mar 8, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians don't want to read such history, as it threatens to remove the idea from their brains that they are special to the supposed creator.
Pathetic!
June

Peace

Are you sure?

I think there are insulated people, and being exposed to such an idea as "other religious saviors" might shake their own concepts, but that does not necessarily mean that each person is not special to the Creator, and that these people feel "threatened" by the idea.

And it does not mean that Christians do not want to read such "history"....

Peace
marge

Leesburg, GA

#519829 Mar 8, 2014
liam wrote:
<quoted text>
No your interpretations of the Bible are wrong.
-Your approach to the Bible is new and strange. Your interpretations are newer and stranger.
20But know this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture is a matter of one's own interpretation, 21for no prophecy was ever made by an act of human will, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.
Michael

Canada

#519830 Mar 8, 2014
liam wrote:
<quoted text>
...I don't remember posting to you. I can post whatever I want and if you don't like it, that makes me happy.

...People 3500 years ago worshipped what they called gods. Gods with supernatural powers.. More than likely many of your back in the day relatives probably worshiped them.

Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#519831 Mar 8, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Pathetic!
Hate monger!

Quesnel, Canada

#519832 Mar 8, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.
Men in all religions claimed that a HOLY Spirit moved them to speak.

Yet the same men accused the devil of speaking through those in other religions.

Even Martin Luther and pope Leo Xth accused each other of being lead by the devil, as they used the same bible to claim they were moved by the HOLY Spirit.

AHHHH ... the games people play!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min It aint necessari... 47,900
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) 9 min shedevil 41
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 15 min AussieBobby 281,217
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 16 min Brian_G 618,608
Vote for Euro 2016, free game 25 min Aaron0562 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 28 min Brian_G 971,568
White women leaving their white families in dro... (Aug '09) 32 min Colored Silicone 327
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Annaleigh 105,574
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 2 hr WasteWater 2,012
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 9 hr oneear69 38,711
More from around the web