Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 673352 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

OldJG

Rockford, IL

#519623 Mar 7, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Again you are incorrect.
First, Peter was NEVER in Rome. Paul was in Rome of this there is no doubt.
Second, Peter and Paul were Jews and Luke was a gentile. Not one of these men was ROMAN CATHOLIC.
Third, the small "c" catholic/universal church did not have it's roots in Rome. Try reading the book of Acts if you own a Bible.
cly/clay/claypool/liam said, quote, "That Catholic Mass you went to yesterday would have made more sense. btw, I would have loved to see you squirming in your seat as the Priest held up the bread and repeated the words of Jesus: "This is my Body"" End quote.
Actually I wish you could have seen the priest squirm when I confronted him with the lie called transubstantiation. It was so funny I nearly lost my breath I laughed so hard. Several Romans were near by and laughed with me. LOL LOL LOL
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
well if the Priest "squirmed as you say,, it wasn't because you trapped him with an argument, it was probably because he couldn't believe an idiot would confront him about this at his buddy's funeral.
Yes Peter was in Rome, and you only know about the Holy Scriptures because of the Church he established there.
He squirmed like a rat in a trap when confronted with the infamous Roman Catholic lie......
TRANSUBSTANTIATION. Actually the other Romans at the table asked me later about the word transubstantiation They were not familiar with it. So goes the good little Roman theory and theology.

Finally, Peter was NEVER in Rome. NEVER. In fact it has been proven Peter is not even buried in Rome. Paul was in Rome but Peter WAS NOT. Just sayin'
Michael

Canada

#519624 Mar 7, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is NOT a "that", He's a Person and i'm sorry that you've betrayed Him like judas did.....
Judas was a hero!

.......According to scriptures Judas turned Jesus into authorities so he could die for you sins. If Judas did not act, how would the authorities have gotten Jesus to the crucifixion? Without a Jesus being picked by the screaming crowd how would the Christianity ball have got rolling?

....If the crowd was given the choice Jesus or Barabas what would have happened if the crowd screamed Barabas. Scriptures claim the crowd was given a 50/50 choice. Heads or tails, Jesus or Barabas.

.....Sorry I don't believe the story.

....Judas performed the will of God. Jesus came to die for Your sins...(according to scriptures only) Right?
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#519625 Mar 7, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Remnants of the con-artist Martin Luther are still sticking like glue in your brain-cells.
Actually, I do not follow or respect anything about Martin Luther. Thank you, OldJG.

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#519626 Mar 7, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing more fun than seeing "June, june, june an Michael Michael Michael when I log on.
At least as do you with your Catholicism pretending that a mythical Jew loves only Catholics, we don't pretend that a mythical Jew loves only Atheists.

But I suggest that the claim could be equally as foolhardy.
Michael

Canada

#519627 Mar 7, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
and yet you find yourself here to obsess about Jesus and chide His people.....
who's the one wasting their time with all this; me or you?;-)
I like discussions. Religion is a belief, a theory not a fact. In order to become a fact, it no longer is a belief.

Jesus is the savior for those in the west who believe. Allah is the savior for those in the east who believe........and thousands of years before these two saviors, other saviors gods/goddesses that resided in the same part of the world existed to those that believed.

...What will people believe in centuries from now?

Dawson Creek, Canada

#519628 Mar 7, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Judas was a hero!
And I have the "proof" right in front of me.

tongue in cheek
>>>>>>> >>>>>>

You might find the following of interest. It's from the book The Expected One by Kathleen McGowan. Although it's a novel ... I took the following from a page in the book that was not included in the novel.

This gives a different slant on HOW the ex-Jew-Catholics manipulated the myths to serve their own agendas.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

All these years later and it is no easier to write of Judas Iscariot than it was in the dark days. Not because I hold any judgment against him, but rather because I do not.

I will tell the story of Judas and hope to do so with justice. He was a man uncompromising in his principles, and those who follow us must know this: he did not betray those—or us—for a bag of silver. The truth is that Judas was the most loyal of the twelve. I have had so many reasons for grief years past, and yet I think there is but One whom I mourn more than Judas.

There are many who would have me write harshly of Judas—to condemn him as a betrayer, as a traitor, as one who was blind to the truth. But I can write none of those things for they would be lies before my pen touched the page. Enough lies will be written about our time, God has shown me that. I will not write more.

For what is my purpose, if not to tell the whole truth of what occurred then?

The Arques Gospel of Mary Magdalene,
The Book of disciples.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#519629 Mar 7, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I do not follow or respect anything about Martin Luther. Thank you, OldJG.
Well then you have created your own mythological junk aside from Catholicism, Gnosticism and Protestantism.

You aren't the first to go flying off with scriptures in one or another direction crying "I have found the one and only truth in the universe."

You are just one among millions of such braggarts.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#519630 Mar 7, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Allah is the savior for those in the east who believe........
Actually the Muslims are expecting their savior Al-Madhi.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

In Islamic eschatology, al-Mahdî(Arabic: &#1575;&#1604;&#16 05;&#1607;&#1583;& #1610;&#8206; / ISO 233: mahd&#299; / English: the Guided One) is the prophesied redeemer of Islam who will rule for seven, nine or nineteen years (according to differing interpretations)[1] before the Day of Judgment (yawm al-qiyamah / literally, the Day of Resurrection)[2] and will rid the world of evil.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahdi

Dawson Creek, Canada

#519631 Mar 7, 2014
And of course (within the theology) it is common sense that Judas didn't follow Jesus simply because Jesus was not faithful to Judaism.

To the faithful Jews, had Judas been a real human, he would have been a hero ... and Jesus would have been a traitor, along with the first pope Peter ... all the other apostles ... and mother Mary.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#519632 Mar 7, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need a "source" to believe that religion is all mythical Jargon.
What I provided is history -- provable history.

What you provided is religion.

You wanna believe the Greek name for Jesus was a Catholic invention despite clear, objective evidence to the contrary.

What you don't have is a reliable source for your nonsense.

*That's* religion. Or insanity. Or some of both.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#519633 Mar 7, 2014
I suggest that through time there have been billions of humans that bragged they knew the only religious truth in the universe.

At our present era, there are probably at least 3 or4 billion people in religion that are certain their savior is just around the corner waiting for the right time to arrive and take them off to eternal bliss, or that they are one step away from Nirvana.

Columbus, OH

#519634 Mar 7, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Been there...done that...take your crs pills...it'll comeback to you..
You're pretending, goofy.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#519635 Mar 7, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
What I provided is history -- provable history.
What you provided is religion.
You are silly.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#519636 Mar 7, 2014
Imaginations can go completely wild.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

The Gnostic Society Library

It began with a restlessness, but I did not know what it meant or what "they" wanted of me. There was an ominous atmosphere all around me. I had the strange feeling that the air was filled with ghostly entities. Then it was as if my house began to be haunted....
Around five o'clock in the afternoon on Sunday the front doorbell began ringing frantically...but there was no one in sight. I was sitting near the doorbell, and not only heard it but saw it moving. We all simply stared at one another. The atmosphere was thick, believe me! Then I knew that something had to happen. The whole house was filled as if there were a crowd present, crammed full of spirits. They were packed deep right up to the door, and the air was so thick it was scarcely possible to breathe. As for myself, I was all a-quiver with the question: "For God's sake, what in the world is this?" Then they cried out in chorus, "We have come back from Jerusalem where we found not what we sought/' That is the beginning of the Septem Sermones.(Memories, Dreams, Reflections, p190-1)

http://gnosis.org/library/7Sermons.htm

Columbus, OH

#519637 Mar 7, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are silly.
So you got nothing.

Got it.
Michael

Canada

#519638 Mar 7, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
you know the game Michael. you've been doing it for years... You search the trash bins looking for stuff that will make it appear like we are an organization completely consumed in controversy....pedophiles everywhere!. Corruption from top to bottom.. You're a liar for trying to create a false image about us. That's ok. As followers of Jesus Christ, we'd expect nothing less.
Also, the fact that you do this for your own personal enjoyment, while often using the subject of child sexual abuse, makes you a sick loser.
.......Studies show generally atheists have higher IQs. Have greater self control, and are able to do more for themselves, without so called benefits of religion.

....that clearly shows why you are NOT an atheist.

Let's say it together Liam. Congratulations June!

Dawson Creek, Canada

#519639 Mar 7, 2014
"Psychics" warn us of catastrophes in the future.

If catastrophes are going to occur, what benefit is a warning.

Space-ship "Enterprise" is not going to rescue us.

I would rather not know and try to enjoy each moment as it comes.

Christians have been preaching about the end of times since Christianity began ... they are still preaching the same stupidity and getting the people all worried.

They won't get their hands on my money to in turn feed their own delusions.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#519640 Mar 7, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
So you got nothing.
Got it.
We have both posted what we both believe. I could just as easily say "You got nothing."

:)

Dawson Creek, Canada

#519641 Mar 7, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.......Studies show generally atheists have higher IQs. Have greater self control, and are able to do more for themselves, without so called benefits of religion.
....that clearly shows why you are NOT an atheist.
Let's say it together Liam. Congratulations June!
I believe we have to know that we are dumb and that is about as wise as it gets.

:)
truth

Leeming, Australia

#519642 Mar 7, 2014
pro;djevo
sto cujesh

3 o'clock
jes
man melodic voice
how
i weak up on that voice
ivan...jee bread..today as catholic calendar are Ivan from god..
yeeeeeee
i sleep over stomach..my body fill tired ..i fill over my ribs and my back trough spinal cord just near heart..Ivan..voice over my every neurons ..ohhhhhh

pro;djevo
never say
Lord how much you are rich?!

Yes Lord can say I can rich you with my finger anytime!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 8 min Clearwater 104,781
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 23 min Clearwater 981,356
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr ChromiuMan 6,190
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 184,626
Well.......now I KNOW I won't buy with Amazon.com 3 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Orlando Hair MD (Nov '13) 5 hr Garry K 7
crooks frauds predators 10 hr Jedimaster of All 2
More from around the web