Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,044
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#519150 Mar 5, 2014
According to the master of bullshit Robert F ... he is no longer Catholic or Protestant, or Gnostic ... but he IS centered in Christianity, wrapped in the divine mentality of Jesus AND GOD.

WOW!

I suggest that the manure pile can't get much higher than that without caving in under its own weight.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#519151 Mar 5, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you didn't make light OF the horrors, you wouldn't have gone to Catholicism in the first place.
You wanted to believe you were special and that is what Catholicism taught and teaches ... "If you are Catholic, you WILL be saved and go to heaven."
You weren't even satisfied with being a Protestant, as you thought the goal wasn't as LOFTY as was Catholicism.
Now you don't know what you believe ... except you are certain that you are Centered in a state of eternal bliss of one sort or another ... aligned to the thinking of the ex-Jew Jesus.
Ridiculous delusions!
June

If a person is a vegetarian, and goes to the store for milk, should they avoid walking by the meat department to get to the vegetables?

Generally most meat departments are next to the dairy.

In good conscience then, should the vegetarian give up drinking milk?

I cannot avoid the bloody past. But if the present is not so bloody, and the meat department has been removed, can I go get some milk?
YTube

Marietta, GA

#519152 Mar 5, 2014

POPE Francis New Controversy --- BILLIONS to die.

http://youtu.be/bP__nMYqyjo

Location hidden

#519153 Mar 5, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
But the fact that you are a Christian means that you don't believe that the creator is kind to Atheists ... double-talker!
June

Sorry June....I think God has a lot of kindness towards Atheists, otherwise He wouldn't have any...(smiles)

I think God is not happy about those who follow Satan.

That is something very different.

Prince George, Canada

#519154 Mar 5, 2014
Fred Phelps is also certain that God and Jesus are aligned to Fred's theology.

It never was a good idea to hand an arrogant human a book that stated the word HOLY on it's cover.

Prince George, Canada

#519155 Mar 5, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
If a person is a vegetarian, and goes to the store for milk, should they avoid walking by the meat department to get to the vegetables?
Generally most meat departments are next to the dairy.
In good conscience then, should the vegetarian give up drinking milk?
I cannot avoid the bloody past. But if the present is not so bloody, and the meat department has been removed, can I go get some milk?
What has any of this nonsense to do with your present delusions???

Prince George, Canada

#519156 Mar 5, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah - theresa was roman catholic and them self-righteous nut-jobs don't know God from mary or Jesus from peter......
And from your perspective ... you DO KNOW the answers ... RIGHT???

Religion is based on arrogance.

Prince George, Canada

#519157 Mar 5, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Sorry June....I think God has a lot of kindness towards Atheists, otherwise He wouldn't have any...(smiles)
I think God is not happy about those who follow Satan.
That is something very different.
Me thinks that you believe you are wise simply "because" you think too much about what you believe you know.

I really don't care what you think that a god thinks. That is my whole point about you.

You are a pompous ass who believes that a god and Jesus (his traitor son) bend their wills to align to your every thought!

Location hidden

#519158 Mar 5, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
What "force" called you to your brief stint in Atheism??? According to your "centered" divine inspiration, would that have been the devil???
:)
June

It is hard to concentrate it down, but a series of personal losses initiated me, and then learning to accept those losses as being beneficial, because of the burden of carrying them set me free.

I had no conflict with blaming the devil for the losses.

I think a certain acceptance of "things as they are" keeps both the theists and atheists at each others throats....

Our senses and minds are limited. Although some people...! sure have a big sense of themselves and minds to match.(smiles) Know anyone who fits that bill?

Prince George, Canada

#519159 Mar 5, 2014
So there you have it folks ... from Robert F. God doesn't reject Atheists to hell. God just rejects evil people that follow Satan ... to hell.

Good grief ... the more they preach ... the less sense they make.

Location hidden

#519160 Mar 5, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
What has any of this nonsense to do with your present delusions???
June

Your question was why did I join the RCC even though it had a bloody past....

See if you can go to the dairy section in your store without it being near the bloody meat department....

Its a dilemma in both the past and present.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#519161 Mar 5, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:

Your post reeks of projection.
----------
Please post your citation that agrees with your assessment of Michael.
"You quit because you are angry and bitter at Jesus Christ Himself and His One True Cathoilc Church."
Please post your citation that agrees with your assessment of other people who leave Catholicism.
"Catholic who "fall away." From the church (do so) because they are upset at what a priest might have said or because they never had any faith to begin with."
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
New Age Spiritual Leader
Peace
These are some stormy posts between a couple of people....
There are other reasons people "fall away".
Priests kind of set a tone in the local church, often in response to what has been handed them.(And that can be a wonderful spiritual group of people, or a bunch of hypocrites that need some spiritual direction. But it often falls into cliques.) They have to work with what they got....
Peace
Hojo's post specified. I asked "him" to post his support.

As you can see - he just placed "peanuts" out there, instead of using knowledge to support his position.

It is very similar to many so-called "Christians" - they refuse to learn, so they insult and express hatred of others.

It has nothing to do with priests.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#519162 Mar 5, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Gnostics believed that there were actually two Gods, and that the God of the Jews was an evil or ignorant creator who deceived people.
https://www.christianhistoryinstitute.org/mag ...
And how is this dishonest? SOunds like calrification to a teaching that wasn't completed.
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#519163 Mar 5, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Me thinks that you believe you are wise simply "because" you think too much about what you believe you know.
I really don't care what you think that a god thinks. That is my whole point about you.
You are a pompous ass who believes that a god and Jesus (his traitor son) bend their wills to align to your every thought!
Only to you and your views it seems.
Oh yea baby I'm still laughing.
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#519164 Mar 5, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Good grief ... the more they preach ... the less sense they make.
Taking lessons?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#519165 Mar 5, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
well that's cuz you have a bigoted pre-supposed idea of theology and won't do anything to change your stubborn perception!
for instance, how could the muslims serve the same God as the Judeo-Christians when their entire premise is founded on ishmalites/arabs being the covenant people instead of Isaac/Israel from whom came God's Son???
......1.5 Billion believe in one God, another 2 Billion people in our world believe in an another God, and all the billions of people that came before these Gods, believed in many different Gods and Goddesses.

.......when will the REAL God stop all the confusion......
Chess Jurist

Medina, OH

#519166 Mar 5, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You lie to the point that when you happen to utter a word of truth...you don't know that you did!!!!
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Allow me to reiterate my iteration: Translated.....you don't understand anything....that is in writing...is verbal...or sign language..
Go back to your favorite rock and hiss to your heart's content...lying snake...
Dishonesty and ignorance are your stock in trade here, child.

It's obvious to anyone reading along you're in over your head and can't address the matters I raised.

Lying about me fools no one about that.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#519167 Mar 5, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
well that's cuz you have a bigoted pre-supposed idea of theology and won't do anything to change your stubborn perception!
for instance, how could the muslims serve the same God as the Judeo-Christians when their entire premise is founded on ishmalites/arabs being the covenant people instead of Isaac/Israel from whom came God's Son???
How many or which gods do you believe in?

Hint: they have all proven to be delusions,

except for mine.

Ramen
Chess Jurist

Medina, OH

#519168 Mar 5, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
When you claim for a fact that Catholics were not the first Christians, are you preaching that you know truth, or do you agree that that is simply your opinion???
:)
I concede that everything I post IS opinion ... first the opinions of others, and then if I agree with the "certain" others, their opinions become suited to my opinions ... which could change as new information comes into view.
It seems that even if such a thing as truth actually exists, it remains uncertain about whether human opinions have hit such a target.
I suggest that we simply believe the history that suits our emotions at any moment that in turn pleases our flighty mental promiscuity.
You're projecting.

The available historical record demonstrates that Jesus' original followers remained leaders of the Jerusalem assembly and were and stayed practicing Jews until the slipped from the reliable record and became the subjects of purely fictional works. Early gentiles had no concept of an institution known as the universal church. Indeed, that term does not appear in the written record until the 2nd century. What is in the written record is a vast diversity of Christian belief during that time and continuing even after the nascence of a universal church.

Within the limits of the mortal coil those are facts. Outside the limits of the mortal coil doesn't really matter, eh?

Location hidden

#519169 Mar 5, 2014
Your post reeks of projection.
----------
Please post your citation that agrees with your assessment of Michael.
"You quit because you are angry and bitter at Jesus Christ Himself and His One True Cathoilc Church."
Please post your citation that agrees with your assessment of other people who leave Catholicism.
"Catholic who "fall away." From the church (do so) because they are upset at what a priest might have said or because they never had any faith to begin with."
<quoted text>
Hojo's post specified. I asked "him" to post his support.
As you can see - he just placed "peanuts" out there, instead of using knowledge to support his position.
It is very similar to many so-called "Christians" - they refuse to learn, so they insult and express hatred of others.
It has nothing to do with priests.
New Age Spiritual Leader

Peace

Perhaps people go round and round, until they either get tired or dizzy....

Hojo supports the "System", and Michael doesn't. But each agree that it must change. They disagree on just how much and how fast....

Peace

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min BenAdam 773,992
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 min lil whispers 604,814
Moses never existed 16 min Hidingfromyou 729
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 25 min bad bob 175,555
Chat Room Rage (Apr '07) 32 min faith short 4,957
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 42 min GodFreeByChoice 5,708
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 44 min uMAkeWOrldPeaceUI... 4,733
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 265,019
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 5 hr HipGnosis 441,755
More from around the web