Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 682149 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“Sweetromance's News ”

Since: May 09

Dayton Oh

#519502 Mar 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
The Catholic church fathers stole the god created by the Jewish theologians ... and the Catholic church fathers were PROUD of their theft.
They didn't even have the decency to create their own god.
Wouldn't Catholics be considered to be among the gentiles?

“Sweetromance's News ”

Since: May 09

Dayton Oh

#519503 Mar 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
The Catholic church fathers stole the god created by the Jewish theologians ... and the Catholic church fathers were PROUD of their theft.
They didn't even have the decency to create their own god.
Wouldn't Catholics be counted among the gentiles?
truth

Leeming, Australia

#519504 Mar 6, 2014
yes
God alone is loving and Merciful.
God know who is victim.

United States

#519505 Mar 7, 2014
OldJG wrote:
Abomination Masked as Christianity
God is not the author of confusion (I Corinthians 14:33, "For God is not a God of confusion but of peace. As in all the churches of the saints,). He never instituted Lent, a pagan observance connecting debauchery to the supposed resurrection of a false Messiah.
God commands His people to follow Him—not the traditions of men.
God’s ways are higher, better than man’s (Isaiah 55:8-9). Men cannot determine for themselves right from wrong or how to properly worship God. Why? Because “the heart [mind] is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked”(Jeremiah 17:9), and “the way of man is not in himself; it is not in man who walks to direct his own steps”(10:23).
God designed us and gave us life. He knows how we are supposed to worship Him.
To be a Christian and properly serve God, you must live “by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God”(Matthew 4:4), recognizing that His Holy Scriptures “cannot be broken”(John 10:35).
God commands Christians to flee from the pagan traditions and customs of this world (Revelation 18:2-4), currently led and deceived by Satan the devil (II Corinthians 4:4; Revelation 12:9).
Lent may seem like a sincere, heartfelt religious observance. But it is deeply rooted in pagan ideas that counterfeit God’s plan.
God hates all pagan observances (Jeremiah 10:2-3; Levitucus 18:3, 30; Deuteronomy 7:1-5, 16). They cannot be “Christianized” or made clean by men. That includes Lent.
-
-
liam wrote:
Lol. Fitting a hateful ignorant bigot such as yourself would be against Catholics fasting for 40 days. Unbiblical! the bible idolater says!!
-
-
If it's Pagan, it's from Satan and after that ... you are simply arguing semantics, Liam.
God hates pagan rites and rituals - but the Catholic Church is so intrenched in them that pagan rites and rituals have oozed into all of society ... via the Catholic Church. Go figure. The Church that protects child rapists, thinks nothing of including Pagan rites and rituals in its worship. But, if that makes sense to you ... then what?
truth

Leeming, Australia

#519506 Mar 7, 2014
You can't hide nothing to God!
God looking some who is good and very bad too.
Who is sick or poor god know everything too.
God don't liked liars as well trap who set on fronts.
He know always who how where when as well why?!

You not tell me who created pagans!
truth

Leeming, Australia

#519507 Mar 7, 2014
light
where on that wall number 39 down street below me..as light as you looking as Eucharistic mirror..ye oh so toward my eyes..my pigeons is there yee..where on antenna TV..
that two is been so shiny and beautiful..yee..one is green feather but bigger then girl..girl is smaller then shiny as tiny purple feather..
yee boy is been in golden beautiful light yee its looks as bos..is that nice find mystery as secrets of nice birds..

How you call people who study and work discipline and secrets with birds?
As looks as two loving people!
Could you imagine that love and patrons as well discipline as well trust.
Must be huge loving trust.
Its deference when you looking with hearts and minds alone..not for others no.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#519508 Mar 7, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
everyday Tony,
HE IS RISEN!!!
The reason I asked OldJG if he/she observed EASTER is because she is letting the Catholics have it with both barrels for observing a pagan day like LENT,yet she seems to be painfuly unaware that EASTER ahs quite a few pagan observances to it as well such as EASTER RABBITS AND EASTER EGGS which were adopted from the PAGAN FERTILITY RITES.

So though I agree that LENT is a pagan observance,so is the observance of Easter. Therefore remove the mote from your own eyes before you try to remove it from the eyes of Catholics.

The PASSOVER is what Christains should be observing given that CHRIST BECAME OUR PASSOVER and the date it should be observed is already set by God as to how to set the correct date for the observance of the PASSOVER DAY. I guarantee you not one so called Christian here can show me in scripture how and where in the Bible God directed Israel on how to set the dat for the observance of the Passover.
truth

Leeming, Australia

#519509 Mar 7, 2014
https://www.google.com.au/search...

i told you
your law is not my law..
because god know everything on front
yeeeeeeeee
how its look when you know other world exist..

Are you for sure tiny birds did not know who they are?

yes it is..
its personal opinion i don't share with others no=nechu
see when you observe how looks love towards that birds its very nice find out..there is a no law..its love exist for them to be trustworthy.
truth

Leeming, Australia

#519510 Mar 7, 2014
its left me letters under window last time years ago..yee
I find that and make photocopy..my two lovely keepers watching over me..yee then under full of attack over others yee they spying..yep..
just one shot under wings to leader of them..they cross over part territory what belong to this two..yee
oh golden light fast then within second..how its know..he not touched others just leader of them..yee then as caputooooooo off..yep

Did you see that..i fill sorry not because me because of him..he not believe until see leader under his feet..you win..
Could you imagine that..I always win..I am angry over him..my pigeons not show trust toward him..toward me yes.
truth

Leeming, Australia

#519511 Mar 7, 2014
How you call that?
no law..
Love and trustworthy exist.
Because its very special and keep you very interesting but trustworthy..I keep that in silence before.
Not to tell anyone.
truth

Leeming, Australia

#519512 Mar 7, 2014
Its light as you see Eucharistic mirror yee

sun going on other side
from here its going toward east as looking airport from that side from here..yee..as light as you can't look into that light so shiny..yeeee
Liam

Garden City, MI

#519513 Mar 7, 2014
OldJG wrote:
Today I attended a funeral in a Roman Catholic church. The guy dressed in the fancy robes offered transubstantiation to Roman Catholics but told the NON-Romans they could not receive the Roman Jesus cookie. Not surprisingly the good little Romans lines up like trained dogs, chewed and swallowed Jesus.
Amazingly the priest did not offer the CUP to the good little Romans after he had given them the Jesus cookie. This priest proudly wiped the crumbs into the CUP that had fallen onto a special plate when he broke the Big Jesus cookie. Then he promptly drank everything in the CUP himself. Why did he receive the CUP and not the rest of the good little Romans?
Scripture teaches:(Leviticus 17:11a) "For the life of the flesh is in the blood...."
How can you little Romans be raised up on the last day by eating ONLY the Jesus cookie your entire life and never receive the blood that contains the LIFE? Just sayin'
Even after we explained it a hundred times to you, you still sat there like the devout ignorant bigot you are.
That's why this thread is insane. This is not a debate about theology, its a clash between Catholics and incredibly ignorant ideologues. Look at you in your post above: Leviticus 17:11 "for the life of the flesh is the blood". That was used by you to apparently trash the fact that Catholics don't always receive the precious wine?

The reason why you weren't offered the Eucharist is because you don't believe the same things as the Apostles.
. Read 1corinthians 11: 17-34, especially "for anyone who eats and drinks without discerning the body, eats and drinks judgement upon themselves . That is why many of you are weak and ill and some have died"

The Priest was looking out for the health of the non-Catholics in attendance.

Fyi.... if I died, and on the day of my funeral my friend or family member got online to ridicule my faith, I would be disgusted. Of course, your warped mind thinks he's in hell anyway..

United States

#519514 Mar 7, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Even after we explained it a hundred times to you, you still sat there like the devout ignorant bigot you are.
That's why this thread is insane. This is not a debate about theology, its a clash between Catholics and incredibly ignorant ideologues. Look at you in your post above: Leviticus 17:11 "for the life of the flesh is the blood". That was used by you to apparently trash the fact that Catholics don't always receive the precious wine?
The reason why you weren't offered the Eucharist is because you don't believe the same things as the Apostles.
. Read 1corinthians 11: 17-34, especially "for anyone who eats and drinks without discerning the body, eats and drinks judgement upon themselves . That is why many of you are weak and ill and some have died"
The Priest was looking out for the health of the non-Catholics in attendance.
Fyi.... if I died, and on the day of my funeral my friend or family member got online to ridicule my faith, I would be disgusted. Of course, your warped mind thinks he's in hell anyway..
-
-
Fyi.... if I died, and on the day of my funeral my friend or family member got online to ridicule my faith, I would be disgusted. Of course, your warped mind thinks he's in hell anyway.."
-
*IF* you died, Liam? and a friend or family member got online to ridicule your faith you'd be disgusted?
Somehow I don't believe you, Liam. You wouldn't be disgusted. You'd have whatever feeling about it that the pope told you to have.
-
-
"The Priest was looking out for the health of the non-Catholics in attendance."
-
Even as priests were NOT looking out for the health of the children in the parish ... by covering up for child rapists. They "care" so much for the 'health' of non-Catholics ... and then they rape little boys.
truth

Leeming, Australia

#519515 Mar 7, 2014
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#519516 Mar 7, 2014
guest wrote:
If it's Pagan, it's from Satan and after that ... you are simply arguing semantics, Liam.
God hates pagan rites and rituals - but the Catholic Church is so intrenched in them that pagan rites and rituals have oozed into all of society ... via the Catholic Church. Go figure. The Church that protects child rapists, thinks nothing of including Pagan rites and rituals in its worship. But, if that makes sense to you ... then what?
Everything's "pagan pagan pagan" to you fanatics. Meanwhile you wear a wedding ring? oops

Lent became more regularized after the legalization of Christianity. Christians weren't being fed to the lions for fasting anymore, so they did it more openly. The council of Nicea in 325 AD addressed the issue.
But here is why you are an ignorant fanatic: Fasting in preparation for Easter is recorded much earlier than Rome's legalization of Christianity. 125 yrs before this, Irenaeus wrote the Bishop of Rome about the differences in fasting between the east and west during lent:

"The dispute is not only about the day but the actual character of the fast. Some think they ought to fast for one day, some two days, others for still more. Some make their day last 40 hours on end. Such variations on the observance did not originate in our own day, but very much earlier...in the time of our forefathers"
Irenaeus 130 AD -202 AD, Bishop of Lyons (France)
www.catholiceducation.org/articles/religion/r...

Here Irenaeus makes it known that fasting in preparation for Easter came from the generation before him. Normally this would raise the fundie's eyebrow, because the generation before him heard the Apostles speak. But we all know how truth bounces right off your foreheads..
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#519517 Mar 7, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
Fyi.... if I died, and on the day of my funeral my friend or family member got online to ridicule my faith, I would be disgusted. Of course, your warped mind thinks he's in hell anyway.."
-
*IF* you died, Liam? and a friend or family member got online to ridicule your faith you'd be disgusted?
Somehow I don't believe you, Liam. You wouldn't be disgusted. You'd have whatever feeling about it that the pope told you to have.
-
-
"The Priest was looking out for the health of the non-Catholics in attendance."
-
Even as priests were NOT looking out for the health of the children in the parish ... by covering up for child rapists. They "care" so much for the 'health' of non-Catholics ... and then they rape little boys.
I wonder about people like you. How do you function with such blatant disregard for truth?

Do you kneel down and pray immediately after bearing false witness against me and my family?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#519518 Mar 7, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text> Of course Christ's kingdom is gonna be a spiritual kingdom.
That's why when He returns and establishes that kingdom here on the earth,THERE WILL BE NO FLESH AND BLOOD in that kingdom. As we are instructed in scripture,FLESH AND BLOOD CANNOT INHERIT THAT KINGDOM.
We are also shown in the scriptures that we shall all be changed,in a moment in the twinkling of an eye. But changed how and to what? These flesh and lood bodies shall be changed back into the spiritual bodies to go through the 1000 year millennial reigh of Christ here on earth because as stated earlier....FLESH AND BLOOD CANNOT ENTER THE KINGDOM OF GOD. So you are right when you stated that Christ's kingdom shall be a spiritual kingdom. Well Duuhhhh!
Tony, Tony, Tony,

There is no 1,000 year reign......

Jesus MUST reign before His second coming, not beginning with the second coming!

You need to get out of this false teaching of a 1,000 year reign.....

The Bible says Jesus already has a name greater than any in the age to come.

If He is not king now, He never will be!
Johnny

Spring Branch, TX

#519519 Mar 7, 2014
Elizabeth wrote:
As someone who is catholic and was raised in the faith, I find this truly offensive that the Pope would make a statement like this. It is making me seriously consider leaving the church. As long as popele believe in God and the holy trinity, why does it matter whether they believe as catholics, methodists, lutherans, etc? I think Benedict has gone too far with this statement and I do believe it is going to hurt the catholic church in the long run.
omg girlfriend calm down !!!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#519520 Mar 7, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text> Of course Christ's kingdom is gonna be a spiritual kingdom.
That's why when He returns and establishes that kingdom here on the earth,THERE WILL BE NO FLESH AND BLOOD in that kingdom. As we are instructed in scripture,FLESH AND BLOOD CANNOT INHERIT THAT KINGDOM.
We are also shown in the scriptures that we shall all be changed,in a moment in the twinkling of an eye. But changed how and to what? These flesh and lood bodies shall be changed back into the spiritual bodies to go through the 1000 year millennial reigh of Christ here on earth because as stated earlier....FLESH AND BLOOD CANNOT ENTER THE KINGDOM OF GOD. So you are right when you stated that Christ's kingdom shall be a spiritual kingdom. Well Duuhhhh!
Tony,

When men asked when the kingdom would begin, Jesus responded by describing the nature of the kingdom.

Why?

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#519521 Mar 7, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe that you are becoming holier and holier with each step on your road to salvation.
It's obvious that you don't want to even try to deflate your own ego.
June

Peace

That is an oxymoron.

Peace

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Gabriel 982,469
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 34 min Aura Mytha 8,230
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr UMAKEWORLDPEACEUI... 124,304
Being alone stinks so bad...that even God........ 5 hr Doctor REALITY 2
Gay Sex in Houston (Apr '15) 8 hr John j 18
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 hr onemale 286,505
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 10 hr lil whispers 619,479
More from around the web