Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 692022 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Leeming, Australia

#519358 Mar 6, 2014
you are liarssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssss

INRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIII

ITS WRITTEN WHO IS BEEN REJECTED

I'N'RI

BY MY LOVLY LIARSSSSSSSSSSSS
truth

Leeming, Australia

#519359 Mar 6, 2014
YOU CHOOSE YOUR PUDLICAAAAAAAAA

you liked them
modern then any humans

byyyyyyyyyyyyyy

nkh=in within is life

by liarssssssssssssssssssss
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Williams Lake, Canada

#519360 Mar 6, 2014
Watch how they fight! Theologians showed them the way.

June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#519361 Mar 6, 2014
Catholic church father ... "We didn't have our own God, so we stole the Jewish God and claimed him as our own. It was easy to baffle the Catholic followers with our lies, as they were eager to believe them."
truth

Leeming, Australia

#519362 Mar 6, 2014
god created you all sense
that you can think and defended toooooooooooo
lusttttttttttttttttttttttttttt tttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt ttttttttttttttttttttfullllllll ll
now
even light as decorated=lusters can speak deference language as art
he art every heart
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
did you ever seeeeeeeee
invisible in water as sea as ocean and air=law which and who left as well why..as well whre left that invisible law
its exist liked or not
so what
mr prayarrrrrooooooooooo
i lord establish you on sea and ocean
see sto bog sveze
niko neodvezeeeeeeeeeeee
vama je vrag odvezao sve jezike svijeta
pashta shuta mcarone
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#519363 Mar 6, 2014
Martin Luther ... "I sure pulled a good one on the pope. When I was a Catholic monk, I couldn't argue with him, or I would be put to death. But now that I have my own religion, I can claim that the words in the pope's Bible mean what 'I' say they mean."
Michael

Canada

#519364 Mar 6, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
marge, a few serious questions here. You don't agree with anything the Catholic Church says or teaches, so why would you all of a sudden be "concerned" with discussions at the Vatican on how to deal with these issues? Why on earth would you be watching the Ash Wednesday Mass at St. Peter's? Are you you commenting in order to provoke anger from Catholics on the board?
...If she doesn't believe what you believe, why are you so concerned that she makes a comment? She can comment or post whatever she likes, and you shouldn't care. You are the one provoking her.
Michael

Canada

#519365 Mar 6, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
He ruled out any change of doctrine on this issue, saying that instead “it is a matter of going into the issue in depth and bringing it about that the pastoral practice takes account of situations and of what is possible for persons”. This will be discussed at the upcoming synod on the family, he added. Read more: http://www.ncregister.com/blog/edward-pentin/...
As for the rubbish that he supported same sex civil unions in Argentina that is a lie. If you consider reports from the gay newspapers with an agenda as accurate then go for it. As for the reports of him giving thumbs up to homosexuality wrong again. In context he merely stated the position when asked about homesexuals he was merely saying if someone is who is trying to adhere to Gods will which would be refraining from acting on it and seeks to do what is right. Then he poses the question, "Who am I to judge?" That was translated into Pope says not to judge Homosexuals. Hardly...The church is very clear and he has been very clear it is not the will of God to practice a homosexual life. If you want to blast on your fellow protestants who support it, be my guest. Further General polls taken on beliefs from people who identify as Catholics from secular sources who haven't been to church since they were baptized is neither a reflection on the teachings of the church nor the faithful.
On marriage and civil unions, the Pope said that “marriage is between a man and a woman. Secular states want to justify civil unions driven by the need to regulate economic aspects between people, such as assuring health care.” Asked to what extent the Church could understand this trend, he replied: "It is necessary to look at the diverse cases and evaluate them in their variety."
Ok..So here he is being asked about the secular trend toward civil unions. He says it is necessary to look at this trend, the varieties of them and the implications to society, how to combat it, and how the church should best deal with what is possible needs further discussion.. Is he saying I am open to it? NO Is he saying some may be ok? NO in the context of the entirety of what he is saying he ruled out any change of doctrine on the issue. That doesnt mean the reality that civil unions heterosexual or homosexual are not happening. An example of this would be. Is it moral to deny medical coverage thus denying treatment to someone because they are in a civil union? People have intercourse out of wedlock and that has an impact. Discussing how to deal with the aftermath without condoning it is a different matter. Whats your answer confrint? You had a baby out of wedlock or have a baby in a civil union. Do you suggest stoning or is that just for Catholics?
http://www.ncregister.com/blog/edward-pentin/...
...You and your side show, always have to re-interpret whenever a pope speaks or comments. Isn't it time the pope makes his comments crystal clear every time he comments? Is it that hard?

.....When Benedict was Pope you and your side show often jumped in to twist, correct, or show anger towards the media because you claimed what was posted in the media was not what he meant.(lol)

.....Does the Vatican not have a press secretary?(lol)

....This happens over and over......... Come On!!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#519366 Mar 6, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
And how is this dishonest? SOunds like calrification to a teaching that wasn't completed.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well ... if you believe that there ARE two gods and that the god of the Jews is evil, then that's your choice of belief.
But I suggest that your choice doesn't mean that your illusions are any more real than the religious choices of others.
After all ... your self is NOT their selves.
Please remember - no god or gods have ever been proven. So in essence, we are all Agnostic deep down inside.

Please don't project onto me what you think I believe - you have no idea, even though I've express my belief many times.

I suggest that you need to suggest to yourself that you need to stop implying what you think upon others.

After-all, it is your Self.

Albuquerque, NM

#519367 Mar 6, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the name Jesus is a transliteration of the Greek, which derives from a common name for Palestinian Jews during the 2nd temple and that appears in the Hebrew Bible long before any Catholics supping wine and wafers.
I suggest you educate yourself with the writings of quality scholars rather than nonsense from hack websites.
After a while - you get used to her ignorance.

What doyou expect from a 74 year old women, who just within the past four years decided to leave Christianity.

She is still a fledgling in the obvious.

Albuquerque, NM

#519368 Mar 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
How much arrogance does it take to convince the self that a creator loves self and rejects others???
How much knowledge does one need to use, in order to understand the Self?

Albuquerque, NM

#519369 Mar 6, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooo. I missed this.
Gnosticism is not and never was tied to a particular other religion, though it infected virtually every major religion to varying degrees. In the second century rise of a church centered in Rome, Valentinus, a Gnostic, appears to have been considered for the leadership role but was ultimately rejected.
Gnosticism remained primarily on the outskirts of more orthodox Christianity. And while the Gospel of Mark shows hints of Gnostic thoughts, Gnosticism never played a major role in the Catholic church.
Thanks CJ.

In so many words, I think I've tried to explain this to her multiple times.

She just doesn't understand, because she doesn't do any research on the topics.

I think she thinks her book of quotes is all she needs to explain everything.

It is odd to say the least, for someone who thinks they are "Atheist".
truth

Leeming, Australia

#519370 Mar 6, 2014
anthony yates reside here before me in this hose tooooo

wasap program as paraevil program as exist before from all who practising before pon people they will tell yo
proveeeeeeeeeeeeeee

satanic evil program
now cvite moj jelse stapash dok nk oda okokole sa joshkolicnicom kojim cijim kimcimkako i zasto

aiiiiiiiiiiiiii
a ostalii i k.usrovichiiiiiii
jaooooooo
sve vas prepoznajem olahkooooooooooo
jes vala

be good

dok sam ziva sunce sijeeeee
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#519372 Mar 6, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Marge quotes the secualr media "Francis wowed even fans of his openness in October by asking bishops around the world to gather feedback from Catholics ahead of a major fall meeting on family issues including divorce, cohabitation and same-sex marriage."
Contrary to reports in the media and from the Bishops’ Conference of England and Wales Fr. Lombardi, the Vatican spokesman, has said that Pope Francis is NOT expecting the world’s Catholics to answer the Synod’s questionnaire about contraception, divorced and re-married and gay marriage. Archbishop Baldisseri’s letter accompanying the Preparatory Document clearly states that the questions are meant for deaneries and parishes ’since the time available is short, I would appreciate if you would follow the most brief and practical institutional process.’
Vatican Radio reported:
‘It must be noted that the Holy See’s spokesman has already clarified that Pope Francis has not presented a questionnaire to Catholics worldwide to consult on homosexual unions and divorced persons, as some news outlets have reported. This assertion, made by Italian daily il Fatto Quotidiano among others, is “not true” and in fact, the basis is only the aforementioned document sent to bishops’ conferences throughout the world by the secretary general of the synod of bishops, Archbishop Lorenzo Baldisseri, in preparation for the synod of bishops,” Fr. Federico Lombardi had told Catholic News Agency (CNA) Nov. 2.
He added that the synod, will be dedicated to “the pastoral challenges of the family in the context of evangelization.” and will focus on pastoral responses to the problems of divorce and gay marriage, as well as other challenges to the health of families. But on Nov. 1, the National Catholic Reporter characterized the document sent to bishops’ conferences as “a Vatican survey asking (Catholics’) opinions on church teachings.” The same day, il Fatto Quotidiano, a leftist and populist publication based in Rome, wrote that “the decision of Francis to listen, on such delicate themes, to the voice of the faithful, is absolutely unprecedented.” In fact, the process of requesting input from around the world for a synod of bishops is well precedented; the previous Synod on the New Evangelization, held in 2012, also asked bishops’ conferences to encourage discussion of topics related to evangelization and summarize their findings.
Moreover, in his Oct. 18 letter asking that dioceses share the Preparatory Document for the 2014 synod “as widely as possible to deaneries and parishes,” Archbishop Baldisseri also noted that “since the time available is short, I would appreciate if you would follow the most brief and practical institutional process.” Fr. Lombardi responded, stressing that the questions “are not regarding the doctrinal position of the Church,” explaining that the document has solely an advisory character, forming part of the habitual “praxis” of the synod of bishops. The questions were given to the bishops of all the world’s dioceses on how to address pastoral questions and how to give assistance to persons in irregular family situations, among other things.
http://protectthepope.com/...
Any chance they'd actually believe the Vatican spokesman and official Vatican statements? We shouldn't hold our breath...
truth

Leeming, Australia

#519373 Mar 6, 2014
svetaca nema
da se razumimo
nooooooooooooooooo

be good or elseeeeeeeeeeee
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#519374 Mar 6, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Marge quotes the secualr media "Francis wowed even fans of his openness in October by asking bishops around the world to gather feedback from Catholics ahead of a major fall meeting on family issues including divorce, cohabitation and same-sex marriage."
Contrary to reports in the media and from the Bishops’ Conference of England and Wales Fr. Lombardi, the Vatican spokesman, has said that Pope Francis is NOT expecting the world’s Catholics to answer the Synod’s questionnaire about contraception, divorced and re-married and gay marriage. Archbishop Baldisseri’s letter accompanying the Preparatory Document clearly states that the questions are meant for deaneries and parishes ’since the time available is short, I would appreciate if you would follow the most brief and practical institutional process.’
Vatican Radio reported:
‘It must be noted that the Holy See’s spokesman has already clarified that Pope Francis has not presented a questionnaire to Catholics worldwide to consult on homosexual unions and divorced persons, as some news outlets have reported. This assertion, made by Italian daily il Fatto Quotidiano among others, is “not true” and in fact, the basis is only the aforementioned document sent to bishops’ conferences throughout the world by the secretary general of the synod of bishops, Archbishop Lorenzo Baldisseri, in preparation for the synod of bishops,” Fr. Federico Lombardi had told Catholic News Agency (CNA) Nov. 2.
He added that the synod, will be dedicated to “the pastoral challenges of the family in the context of evangelization.” and will focus on pastoral responses to the problems of divorce and gay marriage, as well as other challenges to the health of families. But on Nov. 1, the National Catholic Reporter characterized the document sent to bishops’ conferences as “a Vatican survey asking (Catholics’) opinions on church teachings.” The same day, il Fatto Quotidiano, a leftist and populist publication based in Rome, wrote that “the decision of Francis to listen, on such delicate themes, to the voice of the faithful, is absolutely unprecedented.” In fact, the process of requesting input from around the world for a synod of bishops is well precedented; the previous Synod on the New Evangelization, held in 2012, also asked bishops’ conferences to encourage discussion of topics related to evangelization and summarize their findings.
Moreover, in his Oct. 18 letter asking that dioceses share the Preparatory Document for the 2014 synod “as widely as possible to deaneries and parishes,” Archbishop Baldisseri also noted that “since the time available is short, I would appreciate if you would follow the most brief and practical institutional process.” Fr. Lombardi responded, stressing that the questions “are not regarding the doctrinal position of the Church,” explaining that the document has solely an advisory character, forming part of the habitual “praxis” of the synod of bishops. The questions were given to the bishops of all the world’s dioceses on how to address pastoral questions and how to give assistance to persons in irregular family situations, among other things.
http://protectthepope.com/...
Any chance they'd actually believe the Vatican spokesman and official Vatican statements? We shouldn't hold our breath....
LTM

Oshawa, Canada

#519375 Mar 6, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Any chance they'd actually believe the Vatican spokesman and official Vatican statements? We shouldn't hold our breath...
Not very good , considering their track record for lying and protecting criminals and covering it up. I don't think your going to get many people believing anything the catholic church says.
Except maybe a few die-hard catholic's like your self. Because the catholic's I know have stopped going to the catholic church all together.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#519376 Mar 6, 2014
<quoted text>
How much knowledge does one need to use, in order to understand the Self?
"knowledge" you ask???

Dumb self preaches religion as though it owns knowledge.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#519377 Mar 6, 2014
Please remember - no god or gods have ever been proven. So in essence, we are all Agnostic deep down inside.
I suggest you take that up with those on the forum who are certain they have been called by divine inspiration to preach the truth.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#519378 Mar 6, 2014
<quoted text>
After a while - you get used to her ignorance.
What doyou expect from a 74 year old women, who just within the past four years decided to leave Christianity.
She is still a fledgling in the obvious.
And according to you, you are a full-blown new age spiritual leader whose self has been perfected by the gnostic Jesus.

I ... on the other hand don't believe any theology and will wait to find out the truth ... if indeed any truth will ever be forthcoming.

If after my brain cells all die, and I go up in smoke as in cremation, I just happen to still be aware ... I will deal with it then. Until then I will admit I am unable to see the future ... even one minute from now.

Is THAT plain enough for you???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 min Mr Wiggley 46,564
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 25 min Paul really is dead 8,527
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr exposingm0r0ns 990,689
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 1 hr Paul really is dead 397
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 8 hr Eagle 12 - 6,705
Jeffreys: Evangelicals will vote for Moore 8 hr Edthirty 7
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 19 hr Dec 2017 News 445,848
More from around the web