Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,685
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#518772 Mar 2, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Take your crs pills...it'll comeback to you...lying snake..
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I respond to prattle with prattle...lying snake
Translation: You can't back up your claims.

Dumb and dishonest is no way to go through life, child.
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#518773 Mar 3, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
Luther also wanted to discuss the false teaching, not supported by Scripture, that it is a wrongful act,..
Only "fundies" like you claim that if a Catholic doctrinal teaching is not supported by scripture, it is a wrongful act......WHERE does it say in the bible that EVERYTHING (every word, every phrase, every sentence MUST be in the bible in order "for it to be TRUE" ???....In addition "where does it say in the bible that God chose to transmit His infallible and inspired Word , "ONLY in the bible",, The answer is NOWHERE!!!!......You 21st century Bible only fundamentalists have "made this up" just like you do with everything else! Protestant bible only teaching was NEVER believed by ANYONE until the 27th century.....It is a "man-made" belief that has absolutely "NO BASIS" of any biblical or historical truth to back up ANY of its teachings!!!!
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#518774 Mar 3, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
Luther also wanted to discuss the false teaching, not supported by Scripture, that it is a wrongful act, due to ignorance, when priests claim to retain the canonical penalties on the dead in purgatory which did not exist.(Popes now say there is no such place)...
Correction!!!!!!....;17th century ....
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#518776 Mar 3, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You wouldn't know the truth Michael, if is put in front of your nose "everyday" --- WHICH IT IS by every Catholic on this forum----------that is because you are so busy " digging up" your own distorted and twisted anti-catholic (trash articles) from your " liberal - hack writers. That fact is that YOU have been "found out and exposed" as an editorist perpetrator of "exaggerated and perverted" deceit , by "magnifying ---(far beyond the limits of truth). You fool and deceive NO ONE but yourself Michael!!!!
...You lied to everyone on this forum with your made up numbers to make fun of protestants. Didn't you?. Your very own church leaders right in Minnesota lied and deceived you for years, I guess that's how you learned to lie yourself.

Unbelievable!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#518777 Mar 3, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Lord God, the Biblical ignorance that is demonstrated here.There is much I need to teach you but I am tired just thinking about what a Job it is gonna be to get you to comprehend so much that you misunderstand. I simply don't have the inclination at this time.The Bible is full of metaphors and figures of speech that you take literally when you should not.
There is a verse in scripture that says that Heaven and earth fled from the face of the Lord. Now I bet tyou take that figure of speech literally don't you? Never mind. Don't bother answering that. Shaking my head.
Come on, Tony,

Jeremiah 22:30

30 This is what the Lord says:
“Record this man as if childless,
a man who will not prosper in his lifetime,
<<<for none of his offspring will prosper,
none will sit on the throne of David
or rule anymore in Judah.”>>>

There is NO 1,000 year reign, Tony!

Jesus could not be king on earth because no descendent of Jeconiah, the last king of Judah, would reign in Judah or on David's throne.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#518778 Mar 3, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on, Tony,
Jeremiah 22:30
30 This is what the Lord says:
“Record this man as if childless,
a man who will not prosper in his lifetime,
<<<for none of his offspring will prosper,
none will sit on the throne of David
or rule anymore in Judah.”>>>
There is NO 1,000 year reign, Tony!
Jesus could not be king on earth because no descendent of Jeconiah, the last king of Judah, would reign in Judah or on David's throne.
Besides, anyone can be on the great white throne.

I was on it just this morning.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#518779 Mar 3, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Lord God, the Biblical ignorance that is demonstrated here.There is much I need to teach you but I am tired just thinking about what a Job it is gonna be to get you to comprehend so much that you misunderstand. I simply don't have the inclination at this time.The Bible is full of metaphors and figures of speech that you take literally when you should not.
There is a verse in scripture that says that Heaven and earth fled from the face of the Lord. Now I bet tyou take that figure of speech literally don't you? Never mind. Don't bother answering that. Shaking my head.
Tony, Tony, Tony,

It is not so much the nature of the world God has in mind........as it is the abundant blessings awaiting His servants.

Now, you have me SHAKING MY HEAD at you.....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#518780 Mar 3, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text> Acts 2:31 says that Christ soul was not left in hell. But why did He go to hell AKA THE GRAVE when He died? Scripture gives us the answer. It states that He went and preached to the spirits in prison. But why? That's your homework assignment today. Tell us why Christ went to hell when He died and preached to the spirits in prison aka the grave or all those that had previously died.
Tony,

Isaiah 53:10-11

10 Yet it was the Lord’s will to crush him and cause him to suffer,
and though the Lord makes[a] his life an offering for sin,
he will see his offspring and prolong his days,
and the will of the Lord will prosper in his hand.
11 After he has suffered,
he will see the light of life[b] and be satisfied[c];
by his knowledge[d] my righteous servant will justify many,
and he will bear their iniquities.

The suffering of Jesus' soul satisfied the wrath of God.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#518781 Mar 3, 2014
Hebrews 9:26-28

26 Otherwise Christ would have had to suffer many times since the creation of the world. But he has appeared once for all at the culmination of the ages to do away with sin by the sacrifice of himself.

27 Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment,

28 <<<<<so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, NOT to bear sin, but to BRING salvation to those who are waiting for him.>>>>>
yeah really

Falls City, NE

#518782 Mar 3, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...purgatory is suppose to be the holding tank to burn off venial sins. No one knows where purgatory is and no one knows how to get purgatory, so that's just another made up place to scare catholics to be good.
Well Benedict has a theory that most believe in, Purgatory is going through fire, a flash. We would be cleansed and ready for Heaven. I believe this.
yeah really

Falls City, NE

#518783 Mar 3, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...purgatory is suppose to be the holding tank to burn off venial sins. No one knows where purgatory is and no one knows how to get purgatory, so that's just another made up place to scare catholics to be good.
http://www.catholicnews.com/data/stories/cns/...
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#518784 Mar 3, 2014
Is this how they do it? KM

Twenty-five Protestant families have had their water and electricity supplies disconnected and have effectively been put under house arrest in Mexico because of their refusal to participate in Traditionalist Catholic religious ceremonies.

On Feb. 11, village authorities cut off the Protestant families’ water supply. Two days later, their electricity supply was also disconnected, and chains, ropes and civilian guards were placed around the families’ homes in order to further isolate them.

On the same day, one member of the group was arbitrarily detained by village authorities and imprisoned for more than 24 hours after he attempted to reconnect his water while under the supervision of state officials and police. Village authorities in Unión Juárez, located in La Trinitaria municipality in the state of Chiapas also detained the police officers for 10 hours.

Traditionalist Catholic village authorities are demanding that the families, who belong to the local Mount Tabor Evangelical Church, contribute financially to religious festivals and have said they will not permit the families to reconnect their services or receive visitors until they pay 500 pesos (approximately $38) each.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#518785 Mar 3, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
I would not make the claim that all Catholics live outside the norm of society. Come on, that just wouldn't make any sense. I just speak for me.
Let me put it this way, it is easier to see the forest from a distance, than standing within that forest.
Yeah ... Right!!! From your own perspective, you don't stand with the other Catholics or with the Protestants, or those in any other religions ... as you are far more brilliant than are they. You stand back and not only observe ... but find the REAL Christian Center (with a capital C)... while others are still floundering in confusion.

Pompous ass!

Quesnel, Canada

#518786 Mar 3, 2014
Idiots believe that because they can post scriptures, that they speak on behalf of a creator.

Watch them post their scriptures as though they have answers that others don't have.

They are riding high on their PRIDE of perceiving their selves as brilliant servants of the most HIGH God of creation.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#518787 Mar 3, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
Is this how they do it? KM
Twenty-five Protestant families have had their water and electricity supplies disconnected and have effectively been put under house arrest in Mexico because of their refusal to participate in Traditionalist Catholic religious ceremonies.
On Feb. 11, village authorities cut off the Protestant families’ water supply. Two days later, their electricity supply was also disconnected, and chains, ropes and civilian guards were placed around the families’ homes in order to further isolate them.
On the same day, one member of the group was arbitrarily detained by village authorities and imprisoned for more than 24 hours after he attempted to reconnect his water while under the supervision of state officials and police. Village authorities in Unión Juárez, located in La Trinitaria municipality in the state of Chiapas also detained the police officers for 10 hours.
Traditionalist Catholic village authorities are demanding that the families, who belong to the local Mount Tabor Evangelical Church, contribute financially to religious festivals and have said they will not permit the families to reconnect their services or receive visitors until they pay 500 pesos (approximately $38) each.
And the wonderful US of A, Protestant President Obama is forcing the Little Sisters of the Poor (Catholic Nuns) to provide contraception and abortion coverage for their employees so they can murder their babies in the womb. Geez, you'd think at least here in America, the land of the free, protestants wouldn't be so conspicuous in their persecution of Catholics.

Quesnel, Canada

#518788 Mar 3, 2014
When humans start to feel uncomfortable with all the supposed "holy books," that might be the time they choose to put all of them down as archaic trash.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Uncomfortable Facts About The Douay-Rheims

Both the Douay and the KJV served as virtually the only Bible many English speakers used for centuries, and both in Protestant Fundamentalism and in certain parts of Catholic Traditionalism an insistence has arisen that only one translation — the group's traditional one — may be used. Protestants who insist on using the KJV are often called "King James Onlyists," and one may call the parallel phenomenon "Douay-Rheims Onlyism."

Douay-Rheims Onlyists have not gone to some of the extremes of King James Onlyists. For example, they do not claim, as do some King James Onlyists, that their preferred translation was made under divine inspiration.

©2002 by Catholic Answers, Inc.

http://www.catholicculture.org/culture/librar...
doug

Tsumeb, Namibia

#518789 Mar 3, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Only "fundies" like you claim that if a Catholic doctrinal teaching is not supported by scripture, it is a wrongful act......WHERE does it say in the bible that EVERYTHING (every word, every phrase, every sentence MUST be in the bible in order "for it to be TRUE" ???....In addition "where does it say in the bible that God chose to transmit His infallible and inspired Word , "ONLY in the bible",, The answer is NOWHERE!!!!......You 21st century Bible only fundamentalists have "made this up" just like you do with everything else! Protestant bible only teaching was NEVER believed by ANYONE until the 27th century.....It is a "man-made" belief that has absolutely "NO BASIS" of any biblical or historical truth to back up ANY of its teachings!!!!
See www.vaticandesignexposed.com
doug

Tsumeb, Namibia

#518790 Mar 3, 2014

Quesnel, Canada

#518791 Mar 3, 2014
I suggest that you keep in mind that most all Catholic religious literature branched off of Judaism ... unless of course you want to believe that the Catholic dogmas were divinely inspired, as is the brag of some of the KJV advocates.

And I suggest you also keep in mind that the word “Jesus” was shape-shifted from the word Ihcuc in Greek ... and that should give you an idea how easy it was to steal literature from other gangs of religious advocates and brag that you have (at last) found the one and only truth in the universe and that you in "deed" have it in your “possession.”

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#518792 Mar 3, 2014
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
It is correct that the terms "Romish Catholic" and "Roman Catholic" were first used by adherents to the Church of England. It was meant to be derogatory by those not willing to relinquish the term Catholic to Rome.
This was circa 16-17th Century.
By early 19th century, the tide had somewhat turned.. To many, being Catholic no longer indicated disloyalty to the British Crown..The term Roman Catholic had become fairly acceptable English-speaking world
By 1900 American Catholics objected to the terms Popish and Romish and preferred the term Roman Catholic.
The name "Roman Catholic Church" has been occasionally used by popes, bishops, other clergy and laity, who do not see it as opprobrious or having the suggested overtone.The use of "Roman", "Holy" and "Apostolic" were accepted by the Church as descriptive names.
Popes have on several occasions used the term "Roman Catholic Church"
Example of encyclicals include
1929 Pope Pius XI in Divini Illius Magistri of
1950 Pope Pius XII Humani generis
==========
1965 and 1967 Pope Paul VI Joint declarations he signed with Patriarch Constantinople in.[76]
October 1971 Pope Paul VI used that term in the declarations he signed with Patriarch of the Syrian Orthodox Church on 27 October 1971 and with Archbishop of Canterbury Donald Coggan on 29 April 1977.
29 September 1979). Pope John Paul II referred to himself as "the Head of the Roman Catholic Church"
17 November 1980 Pope John Paul II speaking to the Jewish community in Mainz
25 June 1980 Pope John Paul II in a message to those celebrating the 450th anniversary of the Confessio Augustana
18 May 1985 Pope John Paul II when speaking to the people of Mechelen, Belgium
7 June 1989, Pope John Paul II when talking to reps of Christian confessions in Copenhagen, Denmark
29 June 1989, Pope John Paul II when addressing a delegation from the Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople
March 1980 Pope John Paul II at a meeting of the Ukrainian Synod in Rome on 24 ,
5 June 1991 Pope John Paul II at a prayer meeting in the Orthodox cathedral of Bialystok, Poland
9 June 1991 Pope John Paul II when speaking to the Polish Ecumenical Council in Holy Trinity Church, Warsaw
18 October 1991, Pope John Paul II at an ecumenical meeting in Florianópolis, Brazi
20 October 1991. Pope John Paul II at the Angelus in São Salvador da Bahia,
25 May 2006 Pope Benedict XVI meeting in Warsaw on 25 May 2006 and
23 November 2006 Pope Benedict XVI joint declarations signed with Archbishop of Canterbury
30 November 2006 Pope Benedict XVI joint declarations signed with Patriarch Bartholomew I of Constantinople on
The Baltimore Catechism (Question 118 refers to the Church as the "Roman Catholic Church" under Questions 114 and 131 (Baltimore Catechism). The Catechism of Pope Pius X calls the Church Roman.
==========
Thanks,Nick.

Obviously in referring to the,Church as,Roman CATHOLic ..I'm not alone with my nuns,..the,catechism and,Pope,Pius,...

It's NOT an insult ..this is,the only place I've ever heard Cathics,object to it ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min RADEKT 261,678
The REAL reason Oscar Pistorius was sent straig... 4 min Doctor REALITY 12
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 min Dave Nelson 230,005
Enabling Telepathic Communication With-In One Mind 13 min selina london 17
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 18 min Jared 172
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 20 min Skombolis 602,178
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 25 min BobbyB1990 750,700
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 4 hr chevyguy 127
Do you enjoy seeing your sister nude / naked? (Sep '13) 11 hr MeHere 388

Top Stories People Search