Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 591236 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#518803 Mar 3, 2014
Billy Graham now preaches that humans don't have to be Christian to be rewarded with heaven.

I believe that before he dies, he's trying to ease his own conscience concerning how much harm he caused for decades by preaching that only Christians would be allowed in heaven.

Maybe he will end up in Islam's hell ... but I hope not.

Tongue in cheek
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#518804 Mar 3, 2014
doug wrote:
<quoted text>
See www.vaticandesignexposed.com
This is just more of the "same old" anti-catholic (trash talking) heretical hostility that bible only " fundies" are so famous for! The fact is that this Protestant "so-called" preacher-writer is bible self-interpreting "hack minister " that has " zero credibility" when it comes interpreting the bible as this clown" (conveniently) inserts the word Catholic wherever and whenever it fits his anti-catholic hostile agenda........I have listened to this kind of bible only Protestant " garbage preaching for over 35 years ---------before---- Our Lord, through the guidance and leading of the Holy Spirit (eventually) led me to the TRUtH of Jesus Christ and TRUE Salvation, in and through His (historically and biblically proven OneTrue Apostolic Catholic Church---the Bride of Christ!!!!!!

Quesnel, Canada

#518805 Mar 3, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is a blood descendant of David through NATHAN from Mary
...only adopted by Joseph .the FAther is,His,Father ..
http://www.heartofisrael.net/chazak/articles/...
The word Jesus was stolen from the Greek language. It's origin was the word Ihcuc.

I suggest that your theology is formed in your mind by your lust for salvation.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

CatholicCulture.Org

I.C.
Jesus -- first and last letters of his name in Greek, Ihcuc.

http://www.catholicculture.org/culture/librar ...
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#518806 Mar 3, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
Is this how they do it? KM
Twenty-five Protestant families have had their water and electricity supplies disconnected and have effectively been put under house arrest in Mexico because of their refusal to participate in Traditionalist Catholic religious ceremonies.
On Feb. 11, village authorities cut off the Protestant families’ water supply. Two days later, their electricity supply was also disconnected, and chains, ropes and civilian guards were placed around the families’ homes in order to further isolate them.
On the same day, one member of the group was arbitrarily detained by village authorities and imprisoned for more than 24 hours after he attempted to reconnect his water while under the supervision of state officials and police. Village authorities in Unión Juárez, located in La Trinitaria municipality in the state of Chiapas also detained the police officers for 10 hours.
Traditionalist Catholic village authorities are demanding that the families, who belong to the local Mount Tabor Evangelical Church, contribute financially to religious festivals and have said they will not permit the families to reconnect their services or receive visitors until they pay 500 pesos (approximately $38) each.
Gee Kay, this protestant doesn't think your unsourced story is fair. Did you fail to mention that the Catholic Bishop has announced they are seperatists and have no diocese support? Yes you did, but in usual fashion you dig up something that you think is dirt and fart it out proclaiming you are the Christian of all Christians, because that is what real Christians do. lol But hey dont forget that Protestants supported a govt that was merciless to Catholics who confiscated property and with the help of the US govt financed them all in an effort to weaken the church. Perhaps you should learn a little history as there are some protestants who at least make some efforts to be honest, something you never do.

But this story about shameful treatment of Mexican evangelicals by “Catholics”, is extremely unfair. So, count this as one of the times when this blog will defend Catholics and instead denounce the fundamentalist and evangelical Christians who are circulating this story. Yes, evangelicals are being persecuted in southern Mexico, and Mexico is a 94% Catholic nation, and of course Catholics want to keep it that way (and of course, to be fair evangelicals and fundamentalists do not want any of their ranks to switch to Catholicism). But these people committing such acts that previous to now were being done by Muslims, Hindus, and Buddhists (ok, to be fair Muslim, Hindu and Buddhist criminals) ARE NOT CATHOLIC. They call themselves Catholic, but just like Mitt Romney and any other number of “many paths to Heaven” liberal and moderate universalists and pantheists, Mormons, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Oneness Pentecostals or other anti – Trinitarians call themselves “Christians”, saying so doesn’t make it true.

Instead, these “Catholics” are really folks who have begun to mix their own idolatrous and paganistic practices with their Catholic practices and beliefs. They also have added their own laws, traditions, and what have to you to Catholicism. Further, they have disassociated themselves with and have nothing to do with any Catholic diocese or anything else connected to Rome. Hard core Catholic bashers – a road which I was heading down until a preacher showed me the error of my ways – would say “six of one, half a dozen of another”, but to me that is the same thing as tarring fundamentalist and evangelical Christians by associating us with people like Eric Rudolph
, Timothy McVeigh
, Adolph Hitler, those who bomb abortion clinics and shoot abortion doctors, David Koresh, and those people who disrupt funerals screaming homophobic slurs.

http://healtheland.wordpress.com/2007/02/14/m...

Quesnel, Canada

#518807 Mar 3, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
I think there are some old-timers still around who are "Onlyists" But most reasonable people now go to multiple sources, and back to the Greek. There are plenty of commentaries around, on both sides of the Catholic/Protestant aisle....
I suppose the only thing I question is that you use history to prove your point.(Get rid of religion) But your point includes that there should be no history.... It kind of defeats your propositions.
Would your next venture be to get rid of history?(smiles...hmmmm)
In a way, I agree!
You went from Protestantism to Catholicism to flirt with Buddhism to Atheism to Catholicism, and now you claim you are neither Protestant or Catholic ... but have in deed FOUND your Christian Center (with a capital C).

I ask my self, should I really put my faith in Robert's stability???

I think NOT.

Where will you allow your imagination to travel NEXT???

:)

Quesnel, Canada

#518809 Mar 3, 2014
I suggest that back before human animals created religion, the focus was only on survival of the fittest.

They were probably arrogant in the claims of being more powerful in their group of fighters than others ... but they never thought of bragging that their gods loved only their group and not those in other groups of fighters.

With religion came enormous PRIDE in the mindsets of the believers, that they were not only special over all other animals ... but especially over each other.

If there has ever been such a thing as a curse on earth ... it came with the lust built into religion to perceive the self as being special.

Quesnel, Canada

#518810 Mar 3, 2014
I sent the following revised version off to the editor section of newspapers.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

I suggest that back before human animals created religion, the focus was only on survival of the fittest.

The hairy ape-like creatures were probably arrogant in the claims of being more powerful in their group of fighters than others ... but they never thought of bragging that their gods loved only their group and not those in other groups of fighters.

With religion came enormous pride in the mindsets of the believers, that they were not only special over all other animals ... but especially over each other.

If there has ever been such a thing as a curse on earth ... from my perception, it came with the lust built into religion to perceive the self as being special to one or another supposed god.
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#518811 Mar 3, 2014
who="Anthony MN" <quoted text>
And the wonderful US of A, Protestant President Obama is forcing the Little Sisters of the Poor (Catholic Nuns) to provide contraception and abortion coverage for their employees so they can murder their babies in the womb. Geez, you'd think at least here in America, the land of the free, protestants wouldn't be so conspicuous in their persecution of Catholics.

----------
First: That one is not even a Christian, and certainly not a Protestant. He is sweeping anything Christian (of either group) under the rug. Our once powerful and decent military is nearly void of anything called morals.

I hardly think that anyone 'persecuted those poor Mexican Catholics' who were demanding the support of the Protestants in CC activities. PERSECUTED??? Try being under house arrest with your electricity and water cut off...and facing a large fine to get them back! Look at the 500, NOT the $38 dollars. It's likely a hardship, if not an impossibility, for those people.

It seems the CC mentality is that THEY are the persecuted ones, even in such a case as this one.

Need a hankie?

KayMarie

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#518812 Mar 3, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You went from Protestantism to Catholicism to flirt with Buddhism to Atheism to Catholicism, and now you claim you are neither Protestant or Catholic ... but have in deed FOUND your Christian Center (with a capital C).
I ask my self, should I really put my faith in Robert's stability???
I think NOT.
Where will you allow your imagination to travel NEXT???
:)
June

I like my Christian Centeredness....Are you trying to make me a new religion? lol

lol....With my eclectic back-round in religion amongst other things, why would I desire anyone to have faith in me? You are wise not to listen to me, and think NOT put your faith in my stability....lol.

My next stop is to get some bagged topsoil and humus/manure out of the car...I went to the store today, and put it in the yard for the garden. I only get a package or two at a time, so that my back won't go out on me. I try to add a little every year....Its still a long time away before planting, as we just had a cold wind, and a lot of wet weather lately....

Now there are only excursions.
yeah really

Falls City, NE

#518813 Mar 3, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks,Nick.
Obviously in referring to the,Church as,Roman CATHOLic ..I'm not alone with my nuns,..the,catechism and,Pope,Pius,...
It's NOT an insult ..this is,the only place I've ever heard Cathics,object to it ...
Well, rosey posey..... Peope who use the proper name fo the Church say The Holy Catholic Church, the anti -Catholics use the term Roman Catholic. I don't believe you ever learned anything from those nuns, i think they tried to teach you, but you were beligerant. No one believes you rose, no one. You have messed up a lot and forgot people on this forum also went to parochial schools. Also had nuns and also went before Vatican II. Those nuns are praying for you right now in Heaven that you quit your hatefilled ways and come back to Church, this time taking an RCIA class and learning . Those nuns believe in second chances and forgiveness.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#518814 Mar 3, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
And neither are expressing Christian behavior so they must not be Christians.
President Obama says he's a protestant Christian, goes to protestant Christian services with other protestant Christians. The "Catholics" in Kay's gossip column today are not "Catholics".
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#518815 Mar 3, 2014
yeah really wrote:
...(lol). The previous popes claim they had no idea worldwide sex abuse by their own clergy was going on right under their noses, but somehow the popes got a message from God explaining purgatory.

Unbelievable!......still laughing!!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#518816 Mar 3, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't make anything up Michael!!...YOU are the "expert" when it comes to twisting, perverting and spinning the truth! The fact is that you have manipulating statistics, numbers, and data as you conduct an anti-Catholic "smear campaign" of misinformation in distorting the truth of what the Catholic Church actually believes and teaches!!----In regards to what you "falsely cause me of--this is just your way of "hiding behind" all of the (phony and counterfeit" liberal Catholic articles that you have become so proficient in "digging up" from your remote and obsolete
sources. Here is a partial list of the over 42000 plus Protestant sources which backs up EVERY statistic and claim that I have made::
1. 42,000 plus Protestant denominations
petered hagan.com/my-faith-manifesto/42000 Protestant denominations
2. Southern Baptists claim to have over 42000member church denominations themselves
Catholic answers.com
3. 42000plus flavored of Religion
www.godsotherson.com/category/42000-favors-of...
4. Why are there so many different Christian denominations that exceed 42000
answers.yshoo.com/question/today...
...None of these websites came through that shows you are a liar.

....You hate anyone not catholic. Very sad.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#518817 Mar 3, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
And the wonderful US of A, Protestant President Obama is forcing the Little Sisters of the Poor (Catholic Nuns) to provide contraception and abortion coverage for their employees so they can murder their babies in the womb. Geez, you'd think at least here in America, the land of the free, protestants wouldn't be so conspicuous in their persecution of Catholics.
----------
First: That one is not even a Christian, and certainly not a Protestant. He is sweeping anything Christian (of either group) under the rug. Our once powerful and decent military is nearly void of anything called morals.
I hardly think that anyone 'persecuted those poor Mexican Catholics' who were demanding the support of the Protestants in CC activities. PERSECUTED??? Try being under house arrest with your electricity and water cut off...and facing a large fine to get them back! Look at the 500, NOT the $38 dollars. It's likely a hardship, if not an impossibility, for those people.
It seems the CC mentality is that THEY are the persecuted ones, even in such a case as this one.
Need a hankie?
KayMarie
Two things stand out in your daily gossip column. First, you dug around for an article from 2007. Why you felt the need to search for and post something from 7 years ago says a lot about you. Secondly, the folks doing this (as attested to by the PROTESTANT writer that Dust Storm linked) are NOT Catholic.

From the protestant FUNDAMENTALIST writer;

"But this story about shameful treatment of Mexican evangelicals by “Catholics”, is extremely unfair.....Instead, these “Catholics” are really folks who have begun to mix their own idolatrous and paganistic practices with their Catholic practices and beliefs. They also have added their own laws, traditions, and what have to you to Catholicism. Further, they have disassociated themselves with and have nothing to do with any Catholic diocese or anything else connected to Rome. Hard core Catholic bashers – a road which I was heading down until a preacher showed me the error of my ways – would say “six of one, half a dozen of another”, but to me that is the same thing as tarring fundamentalist and evangelical Christians by associating us with people like Eric Rudolph, Timothy McVeigh, Adolph Hitler, those who bomb abortion clinics and shoot abortion doctors, David Koresh, and those people who disrupt funerals screaming homophobic slurs."

If 7 year old stories that aren't even true is all you have to offer the forum Kay, I think you should do what your husband is doing (staying away) and cease with "Kay's Daily Gossip". Thank You.
marge

Ames, IA

#518818 Mar 3, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Two things stand out in your daily gossip column. First, you dug around for an article from 2007. Why you felt the need to search for and post something from 7 years ago says a lot about you. Secondly, the folks doing this (as attested to by the PROTESTANT writer that Dust Storm linked) are NOT Catholic.
"But this story about shameful treatment of Mexican evangelicals by “Catholics”, is extremely unfair.....Instead, these “Catholics” are really folks who have begun to mix their own idolatrous and paganistic practices with their Catholic practices and beliefs. They also have added their own laws, traditions, and what have to you to Catholicism. Further, they have disassociated themselves with and have nothing to do with any Catholic diocese or anything else connected to Rome. Hard core Catholic bashers – a road which I was heading down until a preacher showed me the error of my ways – would say “six of one, half a dozen of another”, but to me that is the same thing as tarring fundamentalist and evangelical Christians by associating us with people like Eric Rudolph, Timothy McVeigh, Adolph Hitler, those who bomb abortion clinics and shoot abortion doctors, David Koresh, and those people who disrupt funerals screaming homophobic slurs."
If 7 year old stories that aren't even true is all you have to offer the forum Kay, I think you should do what your husband is doing (staying away) and cease with "Kay's Daily Gossip". Thank You.
Your doing the same thing insisting Obama is Christian.
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#518819 Mar 3, 2014
President Obama says he's a protestant Christian, goes to protestant Christian services with other protestant Christians. The "Catholics" in Kay's gossip column today are not "Catholics".

----------
Isn't he sweet? LOL
Kay didn't gossip...only cut and pasted a news item...

P.S. Everyone knows that "O" says whatever he thinks will help his political position at the moment.(The proverbial wolf in sheep's clothing...)

KayMarie
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#518820 Mar 3, 2014

----------
More 'sweet'(if you call saccharin sweet)!

The article I posted came from Yahoo news TODAY.

I think we all know that Catholics mix with paganistic ideologies in other countries (maybe here, too).

KayMarie
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#518821 Mar 3, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
----------
Isn't he sweet? LOL
Kay didn't gossip...only cut and pasted a news item...
P.S. Everyone knows that "O" says whatever he thinks will help his political position at the moment.(The proverbial wolf in sheep's clothing...)
KayMarie
This from the protestant EVANGELICAL who called your gossip column unfair:

"Hard core Catholic bashers – a road which I was heading down until a preacher showed me the error of my ways – would say “six of one, half a dozen of another”, but to me that is the same thing as tarring fundamentalist and evangelical Christians by associating us with people like Eric Rudolph, Timothy McVeigh, Adolph Hitler, those who bomb abortion clinics and shoot abortion doctors, David Koresh, and those people who disrupt funerals screaming homophobic slurs."

And one could also add President Obama to the list of protestants.

Point is Kay, you felt the need to paste a "news item" from 7 years ago that painted an ugly picture of the Catholic Church and it was thoroughly refuted by a fellow protestant evangelical fundamentalist. Why? Aren't we past this kind of thing here? I make every effort to avoid provoking protestants here with salacious "news items', are you not able to refrain?

Quesnel, Canada

#518822 Mar 3, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
First: That one is not even a Christian, and certainly not a Protestant. He is sweeping anything Christian (of either group) under the rug.
Hahahahahaha

Your KJV is a joke, and yet you post those scriptures as being aligned to divine truth.

You hypocritical fraud!!!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Douay-Rheims Onlyists have not gone to some of the extremes of King James Onlyists. For example, they do not claim, as do some King James Onlyists, that their preferred translation was made under divine inspiration.

©2002 by Catholic Answers, Inc.

http://www.catholicculture.org/culture/librar ...
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#518823 Mar 3, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
----------
More 'sweet'(if you call saccharin sweet)!
The article I posted came from Yahoo news TODAY.
I think we all know that Catholics mix with paganistic ideologies in other countries (maybe here, too).
KayMarie
Really? Link please.

Regardless, it's been discredited as "unfair" by one of your own.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min nanoanomaly 841,093
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 26 min Al Capone 5,932
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 41 min The swamiji 7,164
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 43 min Arun 143
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 54 min The swamiji 1,461
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 1 hr Ruby88 53,357
Why do we live life when we have to die anyway? (Jul '13) 1 hr wiseman34 192
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Tony17 100,176
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 hr Truths 4,718
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Truths 612,247
is it wrong i like to wear womens underwear (Nov '12) 8 hr Quasi Moto 261
More from around the web